The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is Sload's still not nerfed?

• IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Play in a group

That’s the mindset that made Cyrodiil the zerg fest it is. Just introduce more and more stuff that kills solo and small scale. People will zerg up to not get killed by bad design choices.

Only speaking from my own experience, but whenever I play solo, I get "zerged" more often by 4-5 Grand Overlords on their "small-scale crusade" than by the main faction zerg. You would be impressed how far some small-scalers on Shor (PC/EU) can hunt you across the map (it´s like you´re worth 50k AP or something......)

And then tbag after killing you after 10 min like as if your emp or something and 4-5 vs1 ING is a achievement :lol:
    @Qbiken I totally agree.
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After tested sload a lot with and against it (on a mag sorc) I can say the set is not overperforming at all.

If you can't outheal 853 damage per second then you need to l2p. Anything stamina related just laugh about it, and magblade, magplar, magdk and even magsorc outheal it.

The set when used by a single player is good but not overperforming.

The true problem is the fact it can stack. The "Leeching shadow" effect should be a major debuff that can't stack.

Sload breaking cloak is probably what trigger NB main user like blobs. This should be fixed too.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Play in a group

That’s the mindset that made Cyrodiil the zerg fest it is. Just introduce more and more stuff that kills solo and small scale. People will zerg up to not get killed by bad design choices.

Only speaking from my own experience, but whenever I play solo, I get "zerged" more often by 4-5 Grand Overlords on their "small-scale crusade" than by the main faction zerg. You would be impressed how far some small-scalers on Shor (PC/EU) can hunt you across the map (it´s like you´re worth 50k AP or something......)

And then tbag after killing you after 10 min like as if your emp or something and 4-5 vs1 ING is a achievement :lol:
    @Qbiken I totally agree.

@Mangeli200194

Then you grab more people to outnumber them and after a while you see them on the forums saying small-scale is dead....
    Edited by Qbiken on May 24, 2018 10:58AM
    Options
  • huschdeguddzje
    huschdeguddzje
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh look pvp is whining again
    Options
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh look an insightful Comment passing by.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    "Omg, 6k damage over 6 seconds."
    I've been hit with 12k Incaps before and that is instant damage, not this cheap tick that barely tickle.

"Oh but it can stack"
    So can getting hit by 4 Dawnbreakers, you're dead either way.

"But it's completely uncounterable"
    Yes it is, KILL THE PERSON USING IT!!!
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been hit with 12k Incaps before and that is instant damage, not this cheap tick that barely tickle.

"Oh but it can stack"

It's not 6k over 6s but 5118 over 6s, more about 5k than 6k
    Options
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Oh but it can stack"

was about to comment but you summed it up.

Another QQ thread made by a 267CP Sorcerer running around in a CP Campaign. The guys admitting that its OP are also inexperienced sorcerers since else its hard to understand why they claim this set to be op.
    ~ @Niekas ~

Options
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky sums it up quite good why this set is currently BiS. Its lethal against sorcs, its groundbreaking against NB's its punishing against wardens. DK's and templars are the classes atm which will find it easier counterable. At the moment with all health debuffs a vigor will tick for around 1,2-1,5k health ps. That means around 300 health ps. after sload unavoidable damage is soaked up. 300 health per second is 3k healt over 10 secs. Thats nothing, but thats also about the amount a lot of dps builds are running. Sorcs find this particularly disturbing as they rely on shields rather than healing.. Dark conversion can be used but with much care. For NB's it means they cant cloak for 8 secs. Bad. Now those 3hh health per second, is now after the set procs, what is going to heal you through all other attacks your adversary is going to launch at you. Basically with this set, any competent player will have you in his clutch with no way to survive unless you escape the fight. That pressure you get is too much. Thats why its groundbreaking and shouldnt be in pvp. It gives the user such advantage no other sets can match, and it doesnt even require strategical use, or abilities triggered. It will just proc and thats it. The meta has changed dramatically by the ones who already use it, already. It makes zerging even more beneficial, especially if half the zerg is wearing this set. Try entering battlegrounds, and youll notice all top players having it equipped. Wonder why.
    Edited by killimandrosb16_ESO on May 24, 2018 1:46PM
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »

"Oh but it can stack"

Another QQ thread made by a 267CP Sorcerer running around in a CP Campaign. The guys admitting that its OP are also inexperienced sorcerers since else its hard to understand why they claim this set to be op.

There isn't much point in debating this on either side as ZOS never changes their oblivion damage sets.

I find your post amusing however because you're not making any effort, just asserting the people who think the set is OP are inexperienced. Which is hilariously ironic given how our previous interactions in this game typically end.

The outright damage of 1 sload proc is not the problem, it's the mechanic behind the damage. Yes dawnbreakers can stack, and yes incap can hit hard and both can be mitigated by typical means.

Sload is a proc set that deals oblivion damage, you cannot mitigate the damage. The fact that you think stacking dawnbreakers is remotely comparable to stacking sloads is hilarious.

You also need to actually build ult then land the skill, sload will just proc every 6 seconds or so on a good build.

The set is broken and at the very least lazy and bad set design, which should not be encouraged.

Let me try my hand at your style argument however. You must be inexperienced because it's hard to understand why you'd claim this set isn't OP.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

If you'd like I could direct you to one of the numerous PvE whining threads. Would you prefer "Stam is dead in trials", "2H isn't viable as a DPS", "Acuity nerf was uncalled for" or "Strife nerf was too harsh"?
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OdinForge wrote: »

"Oh but it can stack"

There isn't much point in debating this on either side as ZOS never changes their oblivion damage sets.

I find your post amusing however because you're not making any effort, just asserting the people who think the set is OP are inexperienced. Which is hilariously ironic given how our previous interactions in this game typically end.

The outright damage of 1 sload proc is not the problem, it's the mechanic behind the damage. Yes dawnbreakers can stack, and yes incap can hit hard and both can be mitigated by typical means.

Sload is a proc set that deals oblivion damage, you cannot mitigate the damage. The fact that you think stacking dawnbreakers is remotely comparable to stacking sloads is hilarious.

You also need to actually build ult then land the skill, sload will just proc every 6 seconds or so on a good build.

The set is broken and at the very least lazy and bad set design, which should not be encouraged.

Let me try my hand at your style argument however. You must be inexperienced because it's hard to understand why you'd claim this set isn't OP.

Sload is OP because it can stack ? I think everyone can agree about it.

Is a sload alone is OP by dealing 853 damage per second ? No.

Ask for the "Leeching shadows" sload effect to become a major debuff. It will solve the problem, and even more, punishing sload zerger grouped togever.
    Options
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »

"Oh but it can stack"

It's not 6k over 6s but 5118 over 6s, more about 5k than 6k

Even worse then.
    Argonian forever
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

"Oh but it can stack"

Ask for the "Leeching shadows" sload effect to become a major debuff. It will solve the problem, and even more, punishing sload zerger grouped togever.

The only issue I care about is the ability for it to stack with itself, and your solution is perfect to fix that.

I think the topic of sload being OP or not by itself is subject to debate, I'm willing to bet most classes and builds can deal with one sload proc + pressure applied by player abilities. Think it really depends on what type of build and class sload is being used on, and what other sets it's comboing with.

The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    After tested sload a lot with and against it (on a mag sorc) I can say the set is not overperforming at all.

If you can't outheal 853 damage per second then you need to l2p. Anything stamina related just laugh about it, and magblade, magplar, magdk and even magsorc outheal it.

The true problem is the fact it can stack. The "Leeching shadow" effect should be a major debuff that can't stack.

Sload breaking cloak is probably what trigger NB main user like blobs. This should be fixed too.

Were they defiled?
    Options
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Blobsky sums it up quite good why this set is currently BiS. Its lethal against sorcs, its groundbreaking against NB's its punishing against wardens. DK's and templars are the classes atm which will find it easier counterable. At the moment with all health debuffs a vigor will tick for around 1,2-1,5k health ps. That means around 300 health ps. after sload unavoidable damage is soaked up. 300 health per second is 3k healt over 10 secs. Thats nothing, but thats also about the amount a lot of dps builds are running. Sorcs find this particularly disturbing as they rely on shields rather than healing.. Dark conversion can be used but with much care. For NB's it means they cant cloak for 8 secs. Bad. Now those 3hh health per second, is now after the set procs, what is going to heal you through all other attacks your adversary is going to launch at you. Basically with this set, any competent player will have you in his clutch with no way to survive unless you escape the fight. That pressure you get is too much. Thats why its groundbreaking and shouldnt be in pvp. It gives the user such advantage no other sets can match, and it doesnt even require strategical use, or abilities triggered. It will just proc and thats it. The meta has changed dramatically by the ones who already use it, already. It makes zerging even more beneficial, especially if half the zerg is wearing this set. Try entering battlegrounds, and youll notice all top players having it equipped. Wonder why.

Agreed 100%
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do 5 Sloads, 5 viper, 2 monster with sword shield and masters dw back bar.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ezio45 wrote: »

Agreed 100%

@ezio45 they wasn't defile as I run sorc I have no access to this god tier debuff hopefully unfortunally.

I got defiled whit sload on me, I can still survive it.

Sload 2-3 pieces aren't good on stamina, they give-up too much burst potential or sustain to have sload. The wp damage they give up for sload (fury or truth or 7th legion, ect) can be feel in the low power of their HoT, they pressurize me nicely over my shield, but their damage and hot (or sustain/resistance depending on which set they gave up aka fortified brass or bone pirate) are lower. They put me some pressure, but I also put more pressure.

The true problem with sload is the stackable part. The damage it deal is good but not overpowered. 852 damage you gain by using sload can be matched by a strong damage set increasing all your damage for more than 852 damage/per second.
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

"Oh but it can stack"

PotL can stack, curse can stack, Zaan can stack. There are a lot of more powerful sets/abilities that can stack.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on May 24, 2018 4:19PM
    Options
  • Ishammael
    Ishammael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The set is clearly broken

Sload's ticks 7 times (once at start and once per second for 6 seconds). That is 6k dmg. 6k unmitigated dmg is insane.

I challenge any player to walk that dmg back through Battle Spirit, Armor, and Defenses.

What if I told you about a craftable proc set that put a 20k DoT over 6s on people? Would you complain then? 'Cause thats basically what Sloads is.

Stop standing up straw-men about how it could even kill a crab. The point is that this dmg happens IN ADDITION to everything else you are doing.

Also, 10% chance on any dmg is EASY. Valkyn is 8% on DoTs only, and its completely savage on nearly any class.

Sloads + Valkyn + ?? anyone?
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Multiple threads thousands of views hundreds of comments about this set

Not one *** word from Zos.
    Options
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Sload's ticks 7 times (once at start and once per second for 6 seconds). That is 6k dmg. 6k unmitigated dmg is insane.

I challenge any player to walk that dmg back through Battle Spirit, Armor, and Defenses.

What if I told you about a craftable proc set that put a 20k DoT over 6s on people? Would you complain then? 'Cause thats basically what Sloads is.

Stop standing up straw-men about how it could even kill a crab. The point is that this dmg happens IN ADDITION to everything else you are doing.

Also, 10% chance on any dmg is EASY. Valkyn is 8% on DoTs only, and its completely savage on nearly any class.

Everyone is out healing sload, even my magsorc can. 853 damage per second is strong but not OP.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ishammael wrote: »

Everyone is out healing sload, even my magsorc can. 853 damage per second is strong but not OP.

the point is it removes nightblades ability to cloak, if that is intentional then it is game breaking and removes by Force nightblades built in abilities and defenses. = Game over for nightblades
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads has less than 40% of the damage potential of the Shield Breaker 5 piece effect, and hybrid 2&3 piece bonuses. Definitely inferior against light armor builds.

It’s more useful against tanks and Stam builds that may not have a shield active, but that is the tradeoff for being weaker against magicka builds.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is Sloads breaking cloak.

Sloads is not weak against magicka builds. It’s much worse against magicka builds. It ignores shields.
    Edited by Vapirko on May 24, 2018 5:02PM
    Options
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Sloads has less than 40% of the damage potential of the Shield Breaker 5 piece effect, and hybrid 2&3 piece bonuses. Definitely inferior against light armor builds.

It’s more useful against tanks and Stam builds that may not have a shield active, but that is the tradeoff for being weaker against magicka builds.

The only thing that needs to be fixed is Sloads breaking cloak.

Sloads is not weak against magicka builds. It’s much worse against magicka builds. It ignores shields.

Incorrect, it's stronger against magSorcs which is a good thing. Literally any other spec has an easy time out healing it. MagSorcs, and shadowy disguise Nightblades just really need step up their game.
    Options
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main magDK in PvP not magNB since grand overlord. I am using the set myself and nobody has survived it yet lol
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
    Options
  • cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    Leave the set alone. We finally get a set to counter crazy mitigation: cloak, shields, big burst heals, perms blockers.

Intellectually dishonest if you don't think crazy mitigation capacity still isn't prevalent in this game. We need sources for counters.

We need options to blow s*** up!

You do realize that some defensive builds benefit most from this set , right ? Cancerknight with Sload, Zaan and possibly a defile set is...cancerous.

While I don't think Sload is the biggest problem in pvp currently - without it, we'd still see largely the same classes/builds - the entire concept of unmitigable unavoidable Oblivion damage is terrible and should be removed entirely.
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    master dw hurts much muuuuch harder than sloads to be honest.(but of course shield/cloak users don't give a damn about regular dots while we poor stamina peasants have to heal thru every bit of it, or die trying.) This set is hated because it counters meta at the moment, which is shieldstacking or cloak spamming. I'd say this set should stay as it is untill the game is balanced properly, so we don't have to fight builds that spend %70 of their time in cloak or stack 20k shields for eternity.

If you can do one of the two things I mentioned, that means the counterplay isn't there, otherwise your build would already have the tools neccessary to deal with the situations when your cloak/shields aren't there.

Hate to say it but sloads is a neccessary evil, and I'm very interested to finally be able to have some more room for creativity in my builds thanks to that.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 24, 2018 7:29PM
    Options
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »

"Oh but it can stack"

PotL can stack, curse can stack, Zaan can stack. There are a lot of more powerful sets/abilities that can stack.

PotL and Curse shouldn't stack, and Zaan shouldn't even exist - Sload is consistent with these mechanics, yes, but that doesn't mean it's balanced that way.
    master dw hurts much muuuuch harder than sloads to be honest.(but of course shield/cloak users don't give a damn about regular dots while we poor stamina peasants have to heal thru every bit of it, or die trying.) This set is hated because it counters meta at the moment, which is shieldstacking or cloak spamming. I'd say this set should stay as it is untill the game is balanced properly, so we don't have to fight builds that spend %70 of their time in cloak or stack 20k shields for eternity.

If you can do one of the two things I mentioned, that means the counterplay isn't there, otherwise your build would already have the tools neccessary to deal with the situations when your cloak/shields aren't there.

Hate to say it but sloads is a neccessary evil, and I'm very interested to finally be able to have some more room for creativity in my builds thanks to that.

Shield based builds care very much about DoTs, they are a natural counter to shields. Burst damage can be mitigated well without spending too much resources, whereas constant pressure costs a lot of resources and especially time that could otherwise be used to pressure the enemy.
    If I can outheal incoming oblivion damage with just Surge and the occasional Healing Ward, it's not a problem - it can execute me through shields if not careful, but it also doesn't add to the pressure on the shields themselves. Once that rather low threshold is passed, my life is set on a timer and all I can do is either burst the enemy down asap or gtfo. Remember, this can be combined with infused oblivion glyphs on any build. I'm not particularly worried about it yet since going up against shieldbreaker is much worse, but it might get bad quickly if many players start using it.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
    Options
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    Daus wrote: »

"Oh but it can stack"

PotL and Curse shouldn't stack, and Zaan shouldn't even exist - Sload is consistent with these mechanics, yes, but that doesn't mean it's balanced that way.

Shield based builds care very much about DoTs, they are a natural counter to shields. Burst damage can be mitigated well without spending too much resources, whereas constant pressure costs a lot of resources and especially time that could otherwise be used to pressure the enemy.
    If I can outheal incoming oblivion damage with just Surge and the occasional Healing Ward, it's not a problem - it can execute me through shields if not careful, but it also doesn't add to the pressure on the shields themselves. Once that rather low threshold is passed, my life is set on a timer and all I can do is either burst the enemy down asap or gtfo. Remember, this can be combined with infused oblivion glyphs on any build. I'm not particularly worried about it yet since going up against shieldbreaker is much worse, but it might get bad quickly if many players start using it.

To be honest I will be using it on my stamDk, due to the fact that I'm now making a build based on hunting down key targets in battlegrounds or no-cp PvP. As for how problematic or strong this set is, compared to a stamsorc/stamblade with master dw and defiles, it is not even a thread. The set nice, only because it has decent 2-3-4 piece bonuses and also it reveals cloaked enemies/ignores block-shields. All these 3 things are hard counters to a stamDk and this set might help a lot with that.

And if you're thinking that sloads is a problem while bleeds are not, that can only mean that you haven't played stamina enough, and lacking experience on how deadly the bleed+defile combo is. Imagine getting hit by a debuff that cuts down your shields by %42 for 10 seconds. Now imagine this debuff being spammable. And also imagine your shields are replenishing over time instead of instantly, like a heal over time, so you're slowly approaching death evey second.. Yep, this is basically how it feels to fight a bleed build as a stamina guy. It sucks, and sloads is sooo tiny compared to that pressure.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on May 24, 2018 8:06PM
    Options