The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Ridiculous amount of vAS +2 glitchers rising on the xbox eu server.

• DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Love the fact I have about 20 legit completions yet not even been in a run where a poly drops and I see people bragging about how they glitched it once and got the poly...

Yeah...this is a perfect example of "demotivator"
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DoctorESO wrote: »
    LOL at people wearing the silver skin they bought as if trying to showcase their false skill. That's like buying an Olympic gold medal and wearing it around your neck in public, or buying a black belt and wearing it around your waist in public.

Did it not occur to you that maybe they don't care about anything except how the skin looks? Did you actually see them bragging like they had earned it or were they simply wearing it?

We can ask the same question of anyone wearing a fake Olympic gold medal, black belt, or military medal. Maybe they just like the look and aren't trying to pass themselves off as an Olympic gold medalist, martial arts expert, or decorated soldier?
    Edited by DoctorESO on May 23, 2018 4:14AM
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once they've finished banning all the people that have done this, why don't we get everyone who abused the AP events banned, anyone who has ever paid for Stormproof/Flawless Conqueror, banned and ban all the people that have collected gear from glitching dungeons.

People could argue they worked hard to accomplish and acquire all of those things and probably more.

I don't know why anyone cares about this especially when there's a new trial coming out soon with a brand new skin.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    Once they've finished banning all the people that have done this, why don't we get everyone who abused the AP events banned, anyone who has ever paid for Stormproof/Flawless Conqueror, banned and ban all the people that have collected gear from glitching dungeons.

People could argue they worked hard to accomplish and acquire all of those things and probably more.

I don't know why anyone cares about this especially when there's a new trial coming out soon with a brand new skin.

Because the groups like us that that have completed it took months for just one legit clear! Why does this go over everyone’s thick ass heads. Try spending months getting the same 12 people in an extremely tough fight and get them to commit without getting disgruntled and leaving after so long...

Then some *** 300 cp walks in and snipes it for hours to complete the same thing that took hours a day for a while to complete.

That’s the exact reason why, so get out of here with those weak rebuttals, talking about dungeon gear, AP, and maelstrom...
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because the groups like us that that have completed it took months for just one legit clear! Why does this go over everyone’s thick ass heads. Try spending months getting the same 12 people in an extremely tough fight and get them to commit without getting disgruntled and leaving after so long...

Then some *** 300 cp walks in and snipes it for hours to complete the same thing that took hours a day for a while to complete.

That’s the exact reason why, so get out of here with those weak rebuttals, talking about dungeon gear, AP, and maelstrom...

What's to get? I done that for years on WoW with 25 group members to consider, serious mechanics and actual progression spending weeks and months getting through a single boss fight. Not like these - Finished within the PTS and HM completed day 1 of release Trials that you're getting upset about.

It took me a little while to get Stormproof, it took me a couple of months to get Flawless Conq when MSA first came out and I was among the first Templars on Xbox EU to get it.
    I wasn't in here begging people to be banned because someone else jumped on their account to complete it, who seriously cares.

I imagine the same applies to those that abused the AP events and flipped keeps - people spend serious, serious time getting their PVP ranks up, I don't think the majority really cared if some PVEr was pushing their rank with unintended gameplay.

Talk about weak rebuttals all you want, it took some people longer to get Flawless or their PVP ranks up than it took you to complete some trial - Get over yourself thinking that's an accomplishment of epic proportions; it's not.

This is about to be considered old content for us on Xbox - Do you still care about Maw glitchers? Probably not as it's old news. This will be soon too, move on.

Edited by BNOC on May 23, 2018 12:03PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's to get? I done that for years on WoW with 25 group members to consider, serious mechanics and actual progression spending weeks and months getting through a single boss fight. Not like these - Finished within the PTS and HM completed day 1 of release Trials that you're getting upset about.

It took me a little while to get Stormproof, it took me a couple of months to get Flawless Conq when MSA first came out and I was among the first Templars on Xbox EU to get it.
    I wasn't in here begging people to be banned because someone else jumped on their account to complete it, who seriously cares.

I imagine the same applies to those that abused the AP events and flipped keeps - people spend serious, serious time getting their PVP ranks up, I don't think the majority really cared if some PVEr was pushing their rank with unintended gameplay.

Talk about weak rebuttals all you want, it took some people longer to get Flawless or their PVP ranks up than it took you to complete some trial - Get over yourself thinking that's an accomplishment of epic proportions; it's not.

This is about to be considered old content for us on Xbox - Do you still care about Maw glitchers? Probably not as it's old news. This will be soon too, move on.

Dang. This is kinda gross tbh.
    Def the perfect customer though, holding zero standards for the state of the game and/or Dev responses (or lack thereof) to various issues and exploits. Bravo.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »

Def the perfect customer though, holding zero standards for the state of the game and/or Dev responses (or lack thereof) to various issues and exploits. Bravo.

What is the actual issue? Is it game breaking?

Why do you care if someone has a cosmetic or a title that you have?
    Why would you care iif someone had a different emblem next to their name in PVP?
    See where I'm going with this? It's all pretty trivial to the health of the game. Come on.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why would you care iif someone had a different emblem next to their name in PVP?
    See where I'm going with this? It's all pretty trivial to the health of the game. Come on.

Ummm..... yes!? It is gamebreaking since you can solo Snipe spam the hardest boss fight in the game which would require 12 fantastic players to complete legit!? If that’s not gamebreaking what even is :lol:

What is the point of ANYTHING in the game if you’re fine with players cheating to get skins, titles, PvP Ranks, etc - any and everything. These things are meant to tell an achievement. “Hey, I went through the struggle to achieve Dro’m-Athra Destroyer and here’s my reward!” In an MMO this is of massive importance. Cosmetics are everything in ESO. Housing, costumes, motifs.... all is cosmetic.

I don’t care if someone has the same title/skin whatever as me assuming they earned it, or if the content is old, paid for a carry using gold they acquired from other activities (not real money, etc).

But nvm any of this. You’ve already stated your opinion on the topic and it’s clear none of what I’m saying resonates with you. Good day :)
    Edited by Vaoh on May 23, 2018 12:28PM
  • XiDiabolismiX
    XiDiabolismiX
    ✭✭✭

Honestly, I do care about maw snipers to this day. If a person is going to lower their standards that far to have to cheat to achieve a goal, then I don’t want them in an end game trials guild. If you don’t understand that concept, then you’re not there either.

It’s simple, if you honestly just want to cheat, what does that say about your personality or character. That says to me that you don’t deserve to be put in the same tier as people who strive to become better and better and actually work to achieve their goals. That also tells me that they’re the type of people looking for handouts or the easy way out. People like that do not last in higher tier content, they’re the same people that give up on groups and pushing content when things don’t go their way or get tough.

Say what you will but it all boils down to a persons integrity and what they’re willing to do for something even as dumb as a shiny skin.

• BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Ummm..... yes!? It is gamebreaking since you can solo Snipe spam the hardest boss fight in the game which would require 12 fantastic players to complete legit!? If that’s not gamebreaking what even is :lol:

What is the point of ANYTHING in the game if you’re fine with players cheating to get skins, titles, PvP Ranks, etc - any and everything. These things are meant to tell an achievement. “Hey, I went through the struggle to achieve Dro’m-Athra Destroyer and here’s my reward!” In an MMO this is of massive importance. Cosmetics are everything in ESO. Housing, costumes, motifs.... all is cosmetic.

I don’t care if someone has the same title/skin whatever as me assuming they earned it, or if the content is old, paid for a carry using gold they acquired from other activities (not real money, etc).

But nvm any of this. You’ve already stated your opinion on the topic and it’s clear none of what I’m saying resonates with you. Good day :)

Ok, the bug is gamebreaking, agreed - But you knew that's not what I meant.
    What is gamebreaking about someone having a cosmetic, a title or a trial completion? Absolutely nothing.
    How does it affect you, at all?

If you've got no issue with people paying for carries then this is simply self invested.
    All I read is "Ban those who aren't paying me for it when the content is old".

Forget that.

Ask Zenimax to put in Server First titles if you really need the recognition.
    Edited by BNOC on May 23, 2018 12:56PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is gamebreaking about someone having a cosmetic, a title or a trial completion? Absolutely nothing.

If you've got no issue with people paying for carries then this is simply self invested.

Forget that.

Like I and others have said, you’re entirely failing to understand what these exploits mean as a whole. It really shouldn’t be difficult to understand this sort of stuff.

The fact that you inevitably admitted you were wrong and then flipped the argument around to focus on carries and “Server Fist” says it all btw. You’re the one who took the stance of accepting the state of the game regardless of problems, exploits, neglect, etc. Don’t be salty when ppl have a different viewpoint and disagree with you.

Carries = people who
    1. Don’t want to/cannot invest the time to complete for various reasons
    2. Cannot complete the content and are tired of progression for so long
    3. Don’t want to raid because it’s not fun
    4. Have other specific issues, possibly health-related, that stop them from raiding

You get the idea.

Raiding has all of the rewards but appeals to a smaller part of the playerbase than you’d think. Because of carries you can convert AP into a skin carry as a PvPer, or use your hard-earned gold from selling mats/gear to buy a carry. You can play the way you want and get all but the toughest/rarest raid stuff. This imo is no different than me using my gold to purchase stuff I did not earn, such as materials, gear.... anything really. This is why gold exists - it’s a currency we can use to buy stuff.

All items hold value, and if you want an item you need to earn them, whether through time invested or gold invested. Time invested is the long way, while Gold invested is the shortcut. Not too complicated. In the case of trials you also gain experience from completing the trials yourself which gold cannot buy.

When an absolutely gamebreaking exploit is discovered and abused, it causes a ton of issues. Grand titles/achievements are made completely meaningless. The value of things are broken. Everything is a mess and it pisses off whoever cares about that specific facet of the game. In this case, it’s raiding.

This has nothing to do with carries - it has to do with a gamebreaking exploit being abused to earn all of the toughest stuff in the game for zero cost, This doesn’t even affect carries much at all lol so the whole argument of that being the reason anyone cares is entirely flawed.

The best comparison of buying a carry vs using an exploit I can think of is how you can either use 1 Tempering Alloy or 8 Tempering Alloys to upgrade a sword to Legendary. Now imagine the sword is your account, and Legendary-quality means getting some cosmetic :lol: Would you take that risk, or pay the extra mats? I think I know what your answer is lol. That is why exploits do not affect carries, and therefore make their correlation to carries meaningless in this discussion.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Forget that.

Like I and others have said, you’re entirely failing to understand what these exploits mean as a whole. It really shouldn’t be difficult to understand this sort of stuff.

The fact that you inevitably admitted you were wrong and then flipped the argument around to focus on carries and “Server Fist” says it all btw. You’re the one who took the stance of accepting the state of the game regardless of problems, exploits, neglect, etc. Don’t be salty when ppl have a different viewpoint and disagree with you.

Carries = people who
    1. Don’t want to/cannot invest the time to complete for various reasons
    2. Cannot complete the content and are tired of progression for so long
    3. Don’t want to raid because it’s not fun
    4. Have other specific issues, possibly health-related, that stop them from raiding

You get the idea.

Raiding has all of the rewards but appeals to a smaller part of the playerbase than you’d think. Because of carries you can convert AP into a skin carry as a PvPer, or use your hard-earned gold from selling mats/gear to buy a carry. You can play the way you want and get all but the toughest/rarest raid stuff. This imo is no different than me using my gold to purchase stuff I did not earn, such as materials, gear.... anything really. This is why gold exists - it’s a currency we can use to buy stuff.

All items hold value, and if you want an item you need to earn them, whether through time invested or gold invested. Time invested is the long way, while Gold invested is the shortcut. Not too complicated. In the case of trials you also gain experience from completing the trials yourself which gold cannot buy.

When an absolutely gamebreaking exploit is discovered and abused, it causes a ton of issues. Grand titles/achievements are made completely meaningless. The value of things are broken. Everything is a mess and it pisses off whoever cares about that specific facet of the game. In this case, it’s raiding.

This has nothing to do with carries - it has to do with a gamebreaking exploit being abused to earn all of the toughest stuff in the game for zero cost, This doesn’t even affect carries much at all lol so the whole argument of that being the reason anyone cares is entirely flawed.

The best comparison of buying a carry vs using an exploit I can think of is how you can either use 1 Tempering Alloy or 8 Tempering Alloys to upgrade a sword to Legendary. Now imagine the sword is your account, and Legendary-quality means getting some cosmetic :lol: Would you take that risk, or pay the extra mats? I think I know what your answer is lol. That is why exploits do not affect carries, and therefore make their correlation to carries meaningless in this discussion.

I didn't admit I was wrong? This isn't a post titled "Please fix the bug" it's titled "Ridiculous amount of glitchers" this isn't a concern that there's a bug, it's that people appear to have accomplished the same things as you - It's all ego.

In retrospect, I was wrong with what I said above anyway, it's not gamebreaking at all. It's just unintended - Though, I too believe people shouldn't be completing it like they are, or any of them. But it's not really a big deal, is it -That's what I was getting at.

I genuinely believe Server First should be a thing as well, but was just saying, if you're after the ego/glory, then ask for that. It's definitive proof or your accomplishment and something that nobody could take from you.

I'm not salty, I'm not the one in here crying about exploiters haha - I'm the one asking why you care what other people are doing.

Basically, you're happy to let people pay you all (As have I been) but you're not happy for someone to glitch it. Might as well be the same thing. Why does one diminish your accomplishments and not the other?
    When an absolutely gamebreaking exploit is discovered and abused, it causes a ton of issues. Grand titles/achievements are made completely meaningless. The value of things are broken
    . - These topics summed up in a nutshell. Egoistic and profit concerns. There's no actual affect to any player or market, except the carry market.

If you're not worried about making gold, or your own ego's that someone has the same skin/title as you, then this would be a "fix the bug" topic, all of them would. Instead, they're all: BAN these people! Reset their accounts, and so on.

I don't care what happens to these people, I was just saying get over it, like everyone else has in the other facets of the game.

Anyway, I'm out, agree to disagree on why these topics exist and what the actual effect to the game is.
    Edited by BNOC on May 23, 2018 2:12PM

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA