The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Ridiculous amount of vAS +2 glitchers rising on the xbox eu server.

Tostiee
Tostiee
✭✭✭
So in the last few weeks more and more people have been glitching the vAS +2 skin and its getting to the point more glitchers have the skin then people who have put the effort in and got it legit. The glitch has been first reported about 2/3 weeks ago, with all the players who have been spotted with the skin that way ever since its been known but so far all we know is that zos is "Investigating" it but we have not heard anything for 2/3 weeks and its just geting upsetting and demotivating at this point.

At this point I felt the need to make this public and get more awereness about the issue, guilds are getting fed up seeing all these people getting the skin this way while others have progressed it for weeks/months etc.

What is the status? When is this going to be fixed? What is going to happen with the players who have glitched the trial/skin? @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Finn

Edited by Tostiee on May 16, 2018 8:02AM
Xbox One EU
CP 1000+
vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 Immortal Redeemer - vCR +3 - vDSA - vBRP - vMA
High Elf Sorcerer AD (DD)
Breton Templar AD (Healer main)
Redguard Templar AD (PvP)
Breton Nightblade AD (DD)
Redguard Dragonknight AD (Tank)
Redguard Templar EP (PvP)
Breton Warden EP (Healer)
Dark Elf Dragonknight DC (PvP)
  • pteam
    pteam
    ✭✭✭
    Along that note, people been glitching the vmaw final boss so many times to the point that skins are sold everyday and the final boss is just sniped. More people have those skins from sniping the boss than actually beating the trial. It’s been years and they still haven’t fixed it. Pretty sad
    The Flawless Conqueror
    Xbox NA - its pteam

Completed vDSA - vHRC HM - vAA HM - vSO HM - vMoL - vHoF HM - vCR +1 - vMA Flawless 585k - vAS +2 HM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Might be because someone posted a video on the forum how you could cheese it a few weeks ago......(think it was removed later)
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good post, completely agree!

It’s become so wide spread now it might turn into a vMoL exploit situation before addressed/handled, which will affect our already small end game community.

I have notified and contacted @ZOS_Finn @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom about this (on May 7th) and they are apparently looking into it and investigating, but a public statement such as last time (https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/380210/response-to-the-veteran-hard-mode-asylum-sanctorium-trial-exploit-nov-10/p1) should have been posted by now to let the players know this is being taken seriously.

I also provided them with a list of confirmed glitches (no leaderboard scores etc) as well as a video showing the exploit and how it’s done, to help them localize and fix the issue faster.

I get that everyone is busy with the release of U18 etc, but this is game breaking and already hear more and more dedicated players thinking about leaving because ZoS does nothing and indirectly belittles the progression of the hardest content in the game.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recently, a small number of players discovered a way to kill Saint Olms + 2 (Hard mode in Veteran Asylum Sanctorium) from safely outside his room where he could not attack them. This is not only unintended and an exploit, but it cheapens the time and work put in by players who have legitimately beat this fight and earn a very difficult achievement and reward. As a result, we have permanently banned all players – 34 accounts in all – who used the exploit to complete the kill and earn the special achievement and skin in this way. We will not be considering overturns for these account bans. They are permanent and final.

We are working on a fix for this exploit, but we will not be able to deploy it until Monday at the earliest. We will be watching things closely over the weekend. After we deploy the fix on Monday, we will do another audit of kills for this fight. Be warned: we will permanently ban any additional players who use the exploit over the weekend.

This was the official statement last time, and it’s the exact same situation as that time, and I full expect them to handle this with the same severity.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So sniping main boss through the door still works? Lol, ZOS said they fixed it... :confused:
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Astrid_V wrote: »
    So sniping main boss through the door still works? Lol, ZOS said they fixed it... :confused:

They did fix the issue back then, this is a new method but with the same result :(
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pteam wrote: »
    Along that note, people been glitching the vmaw final boss so many times to the point that skins are sold everyday and the final boss is just sniped. More people have those skins from sniping the boss than actually beating the trial. It’s been years and they still haven’t fixed it. Pretty sad

Indeed, it’s beyond sad and irreparable at this point. Seeing someone with the Dro-m’Athra skin now basically means the same as Master Wizard, it’s heartbreaking.

I really hope this doesn’t turn into that failure and fiasco though, and with their new stance towards this (last official statement) I really hope they get on this ASAP.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should get long term ban, if they want a reward they need to EARN IT. They were aware of the consequences and no one accedently kills a boss. Something people work hard for shouldn't be devalued like this
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 16, 2018 8:32AM
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s even worse is I kept hearing some that are bragging about it in city hubs and even selling the glich/exploit for real world currency.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Tostiee
    Tostiee
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    They should get long term ban, if they want a reward they need to EARN IT. They were aware of the consequences and no one accedently kills a boss. Something people work hard for shouldn't be devalued like this

Exactly, it just feels like a kick in the nuts. Perma ban will do these people good, let them think about their actions.
    Xbox One EU
    CP 1000+
    vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS +2 Immortal Redeemer - vCR +3 - vDSA - vBRP - vMA
    High Elf Sorcerer AD (DD)
    Breton Templar AD (Healer main)
    Redguard Templar AD (PvP)
    Breton Nightblade AD (DD)
    Redguard Dragonknight AD (Tank)
    Redguard Templar EP (PvP)
    Breton Warden EP (Healer)
    Dark Elf Dragonknight DC (PvP)
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make something hard to get and people will search for ways to exploit it.. imo its really Zos own fault biting it on their ass..

I don't condone cheating but i also do not condone cosmetics hidden behind stupid hard mechanics...
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is vAS+2 still being exploited? Pretty sure it’s patched. Being anywhere near the room while the fight is active ports you in. Unless there’s a new glitch, those ppl are just carries (as far as I know).

vMoL is still glitchable and being glitched a lot though unfortunately:(
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad-panda-meme-generator-that-makes-me-a-saaaaad-panda-6a8a0b.jpg
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    How is vAS+2 still being exploited? Pretty sure it’s patched. Being anywhere near the room while the fight is active ports you in. Unless there’s a new glitch, those ppl are just carries (as far as I know).

The first exploit was patched, this is a new method that have been spreading for over a week now and growing by the day.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Make something hard to get and people will search for ways to exploit it.. imo its really Zos own fault biting it on their ass..

I don't condone cheating but i also do not condone cosmetics hidden behind stupid hard mechanics...

If you are not up to the challenge and not the type of guy who wants some hard challenges with equal reward.... I can understand you. But you could also realise that ZOS is not simply hiding things behind the challange wall, but actually rewards hardcore players in this way and those who strive for greater things. And hardcore players really deserve this kind of rewards, and explotiers who undermine the legit effort of hardcore players deserve punishment. Maybe not as severe as permaban, but is should be severe enough to discourage them later
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

If you are not up to the challenge and not the type of guy who wants some hard challenges with equal reward.... I can understand you. But you could also realise that ZOS is not simply hiding things behind the challange wall, but actually rewards hardcore players in this way and those who strive for greater things. And hardcore players really deserve this kind of rewards, and explotiers who undermine the legit effort of hardcore players deserve punishment. Maybe not as severe as permaban, but is should be severe enough to discourage them later

Why do hardcore players need more rewards than anyone else.. why shouldn't everyone have a chance at these rewards, why can't normal mode drop rewards..

If hardcore needs a reward shouldn't be the fact they finished something hardcore not cosmetics.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »

The first exploit was patched, this is a new method that have been spreading for over a week now and growing by the day.

Dang. Ridiculous that ZOS allows this to continue. I’m sure it has already been reported and ignored :unamused:
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Why do hardcore players need more rewards than anyone else.. why shouldn't everyone have a chance at these rewards, why can't normal mode drop rewards..

If hardcore needs a reward shouldn't be the fact they finished something hardcore not cosmetics.

Sorry, I underestimated your intelligence. Hardcore players need more rewards because they spend significantly more effort, spend much more time on the game, know many more things about the game, a lot of them are really helpful and necessary in guilds and in general they are very important for the health of an MMO. And when this layer of players is being discouraged hard, the guilds suddenly start being much more empty than usual. And the social game starts to deteriorate somewhat. And the social part is one of the most crucial parts of an MMO

And the title or completion achievement is good in most cases, but it is even better if you could get a more presentable option like skin for bragging rights. There is nothing wrong in being able to show that you are a capable player so that other players could recognize your ability. This also encourages other players to get better to achieve something cool
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on May 16, 2018 9:30AM
  • iKotei
    iKotei
    Soul Shriven

You do get the rewards. Asylum weapons are the rewards the skin is to show you completed it. No one would run it if you got nothing for it.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. After all the work we put in to earn the skin just for some 300 cp pvp player to be running around with it as well is just killing our server
  • iKotei
    iKotei
    Soul Shriven

Easy to tell the glitchers on our server as only 3 teams that can even complete it so only 3 HM scores on the boards
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I disagree with calling it an exploit. If someone discovers a safe spot in the environment to attack from, more power to them. I call it fun for them if they enjoy it. People crying about someone else spending their time how they enjoy is weak. Perma-banning someone over it is even more ridiculous. Their loss of $$ though. Doubt the people banned will care longer than a day or so. If we only spent a small fraction of the time judging ourselves that we spent judging others....imagine that. Always some selfish whiny reasoning behind everything. But but but but I...me me me me..I I I....
    Edited by Jameliel on May 16, 2018 9:25AM
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This quote from the last time this happened
    . This particular exploit and the repercussions were particularly severe (unlocking an extremely difficult-to-get achievement and reward.) We also recognize that we have gone too easy on cheaters/exploiters in the past. (But not bots - bots get nuked on the first offense.) We're taking a stance to crack down harder, especially when the exploit is as deliberate and severe as this one was.

Clearly states they they acknowledge they have taken a new stance on how to handle these issues, so anything else than the same punishment and action as last time (permaban) is not happening.

I just want this to be publicly addressed by ZoS like last time so people don’t think it’s ok this time. Get out in front and make a statement that action will be taken while you investigate this.

Once again I sent all the relevant information and proof of this the 7th directly to @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn & @ZOS_RichLambert so it wouldn’t be missed in the support system and get their attention faster.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Sorry, I underestimated your intelligence. Hardcore players need more rewards because they spend significantly more effort, spend much more time on the game, know many more things about the game, a lot of them are really helpful and necessary in guilds and in general they are very important for the health of an MMO. And when this layer of players is being discouraged hard, the guilds suddenly start being much more empty than usual. And the social game starts to deteriorate somewhat. And the social part is one of the most crucial parts of an MMO

Now you are going to personally attack me for different opinions, and you underestimated my intelligence...
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    I disagree with calling it an exploit. If someone discovers a safe spot in the environment to attack from, more power to them. I call it fun for them if they enjoy it. People crying about someone else spending their time how they enjoy is weak. Perma-banning someone over it is even more ridiculous. Their loss of $$ though. Doubt the people banned will care longer than a day or so. If we only spent a small fraction of the time judging ourselves that we spent judging others....imagine that. Always some selfish whiny reasoning behind everything. But but but but I...me me me me..I I I....

exploit
    verb
    ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛkˈsplɔɪt/Submit
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on;
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"

You can disagree, but it doesn’t change the fact what this is, an exploit.
    Edited by DPShiro on May 16, 2018 9:33AM
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

You are suppose to report it immediately and not exploit it and not tell all your friends how to do it.. These games have a lot of issues where devs missed stuff players find, the exploit is when they continually abuse it secretly afterwards just for loot gains..

It very much does deserve outright bans.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now you are going to personally attack me for different opinions, and you underestimated my intelligence...

I acknowledged your opinion in the first post addressed to you but you didn't seem to acknowledge mine. Without mutual respect there is no understanding between us. This is getting slightly off topic, and I would like to say that your opinion is as good as everyones but it has certain undeniable flaws in the line of reasoning. I would like you to consider these flaws before we continue or otherwise it is going to be a meaningless conversation.

I guess everyone wants to get rewards with less effort, thus the popularity of casual games genre. But ESO is not a casual game (at least not yet) and the MMORPG genre is not a casual genre either

The effort should be rewarded suitably ingame. Explotiers should be punished. There is no space to contradict to these statements, but there is space to debate.
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on May 16, 2018 9:40AM
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nerf sorcs
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    PvE players and their skins lol
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s why the factotum skin was in the crown store - different color, but still. That’s the possibility for a nice cosmetic for anyone who can’t legitimately beat the content.

If you find exploiting ok then you should ask yourself why any game has restrictions at all. There is no real value in something everyone can achieve.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they get banned, buy a new account, and exploit again.