The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Ridiculous amount of vAS +2 glitchers rising on the xbox eu server.

• SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    That’s why the factotum skin was in the crown store - different color, but still. That’s the possibility for a nice cosmetic for anyone who can’t legitimately beat the content.

If you find exploiting ok then you should ask yourself why any game has restrictions at all. There is no real value in something everyone can achieve.

Was it not the polymorph?
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Jameliel wrote: »
    I disagree with calling it an exploit. If someone discovers a safe spot in the environment to attack from, more power to them. I call it fun for them if they enjoy it. People crying about someone else spending their time how they enjoy is weak. Perma-banning someone over it is even more ridiculous. Their loss of $$ though. Doubt the people banned will care longer than a day or so. If we only spent a small fraction of the time judging ourselves that we spent judging others....imagine that. Always some selfish whiny reasoning behind everything. But but but but I...me me me me..I I I....

You are suppose to report it immediately and not exploit it and not tell all your friends how to do it.. These games have a lot of issues where devs missed stuff players find, the exploit is when they continually abuse it secretly afterwards just for loot gains..

It very much does deserve outright bans.

That’s the problem with some people. I’ve found some cool spots and all, but as long as it can’t be used for some sort of unfair benefit I don’t bother reporting. When I find something or a spot that *can* be used to exploit the game (specifically trials), I report it.

After Morrowind launched, I found a secret path in Halls of Fabrication which allowed you to skip the 4th boss. After having some fun with the out of map component of it, I reported the exploit with video and it was blocked the very next patch (an unlisted change).

Had I taught my group this exploit and abused it in a bunch of clears, I would have fully expected a permanent ban. That’s what many of these exploiters would have done. Idk why ZOS hasn’t taken action yet.

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My whole PvP guild on PS4 got the skins in a day A.K.A ASSAULT SKILL LINE ^^ and that was several months ago , so u can imagine how "Secret" the exploit is .
    Edited by RouDeR on May 16, 2018 10:48AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That’s why the factotum skin was in the crown store - different color, but still. That’s the possibility for a nice cosmetic for anyone who can’t legitimately beat the content.

If you find exploiting ok then you should ask yourself why any game has restrictions at all. There is no real value in something everyone can achieve.

Was it not the polymorph?

My bad. You’re correct. Still. It’s not that these things are totally exclusive.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • SkyliteLTS
    SkyliteLTS
    Soul Shriven
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    They should get long term ban, if they want a reward they need to EARN IT. They were aware of the consequences and no one accedently kills a boss. Something people work hard for shouldn't be devalued like this

^this.
    Please ZoS get active about that. It‘s just frustrating when all the effort and time your team spent to complete this content legit gets basically a punch in your face.. if ZoS don’t care and don‘t do anything about that they could as well publish new trials like „either work your ass off for a legit completion or just use this exploit if you ain‘t got time for dat“

Not really a point of saying they‘re losing a lot of $$ by banning glitchers as well because i’m pretty sure they‘re making more money out of every passionate endgame player in long term than of most casuals
    Edited by SkyliteLTS on May 16, 2018 10:57AM
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you want to go that deep and truly analyze it, you will find there is no value in it anyway. It's data/pixels in a game. Nothing truly gained. Lots of whiners though. Waiiii.. He did something I don't like. He spent his time doing something that he enjoyed. Do you dream about it? Is it really that important? ESO is full of whiners. That's one reason there are so many nerfs. Me me me...I I I...it should be my way. He shouldn't do that cause I don't like it. It takes away from me me me. All about me me me.
    Edited by Jameliel on May 16, 2018 11:08AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »

If you want to go that deep and truly analyze it, you will find there is no value in it anyway. It's data/pixels in a game. Nothing truly gained. Lots of whiners though. Waiiii.. He did something I don't like. He spent his time doing something that he enjoyed. Do you dream about it? Is it really that important? ESO is full of whiners. That's one reason there are so many nerfs. Me me me...I I I...it should be my way. He shouldn't do that cause I don't like it. It takes away from me me me. All about me me me.

Well, in the long run everything in life is meaningless. You'll die and in 500 years not a trace of your existence will have truly mattered (apart from rare exceptions). Does that mean everyone should be able to do just what he wants without any limitations whatsoever?

FYI, it doesn't take way from ME. I don't have completed vAS and probably never will. But I can very well understand that if there is a limitation on something - in this case the difficulty of the content - it should be respected and done in a way that doesn't br4eak the intentions of the developers.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Ectheliontnacil
    Ectheliontnacil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Doesn't it take like 4hrs to snipe down the boss? :D

Sad thing is, those morons probably spent more time looking for a glitch, than it takes other players to progress through HM. They should still get banned though, exploiting some of the hardest content in game is not acceptable.
  • Yzalirk
    Yzalirk
    ✭✭✭✭
    Report the glitchers and move on. No need to play with said players as you may suffer the consequence too.

I also had no idea skins could be sold or traded. Does this apply to all dungeon skins or only one?
  • Luluuuchi
    Luluuuchi
    Soul Shriven
    Yzalirk wrote: »
    Report the glitchers and move on. No need to play with said players as you may suffer the consequence too.

I also had no idea skins could be sold or traded. Does this apply to all dungeon skins or only one?

From dungeon skin, its very very hard to buy or trade. You need to complete speed run, no death run and hard mode.

From trial skin, a lot of people sell carry in veteran trial. Go to craglorn and see a lot of people that sell veteran trials skins.
    Edited by Luluuuchi on May 16, 2018 11:35AM
  • Pink_Violinz
    Pink_Violinz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew all 10 players in the original PS4 ban. If they had all of their accounts perma banned, I see no reason why it shouldn't be the same here.

Different bug, different time, same result. Unfair I get to bang my head against hm for weeks when they bug it and reduce all my work to wasted time.
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something people work hard for shouldn't be devalued like this
    I hate this response. It's a lie, and everyone knows it.

If the majority of you dungeon crawlers didn't have these rewards bound to your account, you'd be selling them faster than you could say "100k", which shows the flaw of the statement and instantly devalues any reward within them.

Every single guild store sells items where people don't have to "earn it" through normal play.

The reality of the situation is that many players would actively engage in an exploit if they didn't think they'd get banned for it.

The truth of the matter is as simple as this: if you, the player, challenged yourself to get through the dungeon, and felt rewarded because you completed it, no exploiter, trinket, or sold item will diminish your own personal satisfaction.

Tell me I'm wrong.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why do hardcore players need more rewards than anyone else.. why shouldn't everyone have a chance at these rewards, why can't normal mode drop rewards..

If hardcore needs a reward shouldn't be the fact they finished something hardcore not cosmetics.

Sorry, I underestimated your intelligence. Hardcore players need more rewards because they spend significantly more effort, spend much more time on the game, know many more things about the game, a lot of them are really helpful and necessary in guilds and in general they are very important for the health of an MMO. And when this layer of players is being discouraged hard, the guilds suddenly start being much more empty than usual. And the social game starts to deteriorate somewhat. And the social part is one of the most crucial parts of an MMO

And the title or completion achievement is good in most cases, but it is even better if you could get a more presentable option like skin for bragging rights. There is nothing wrong in being able to show that you are a capable player so that other players could recognize your ability. This also encourages other players to get better to achieve something cool

And then turn around and LESSEN those rewards themselves by providing carries xD

I have all but VAS2 skin and I don't wear them, and I prefer Librarian & Volunteer titles *shrugs*

VMOL skin means nothing anymore, vhof skin means more imo, than vas2 given the exploiting, so yeah nevermind skins really.

Make it so that:
    1. Skins can only be gotten if ENTIRE TRIAL is done. Not only end boss.
    2. Have more QA! Get some people to try and glitch things out, and PAY THEM to do it, since whoever is doing QA now is doing a terrible job! If people can break a trial boss in one day, in a matter of hours, come on. The ball has not only been dropped, it's been lit on FIRE and then shot from a cannon into a volcano. (boo!)
    3. For the love of goodness: Have the mobs/bosses drop alchemy satchels, more soul gems, repair kits or a 1 use Full Repair Token on trial completion (last boss/chest) or MORE GOLD, even have some trial specific unique furnishings that players could sell, or something! Progression is severely expensive until you have it down!
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban them
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • Xuhora
      Xuhora
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      @Violynne you are wrong....

....At least in my opinion. My vHOF Skin would not have the same value to me, if it could be obtained through dodgerolling twice to the left instead of finishing vHOF.
    • Apache_Kid
      Apache_Kid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Violynne wrote: »

If the majority of you dungeon crawlers didn't have these rewards bound to your account, you'd be selling them faster than you could say "100k", which shows the flaw of the statement and instantly devalues any reward within them.

Every single guild store sells items where people don't have to "earn it" through normal play.

The reality of the situation is that many players would actively engage in an exploit if they didn't think they'd get banned for it.

The truth of the matter is as simple as this: if you, the player, challenged yourself to get through the dungeon, and felt rewarded because you completed it, no exploiter, trinket, or sold item will diminish your own personal satisfaction.

Tell me I'm wrong.

Cosmetic items cease to be special if everyone has them or can get them easily. Exclusivity is the majorty of the reason we want these skins...
    • Apache_Kid
      Apache_Kid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Make something hard to get and people will search for ways to exploit it.. imo its really Zos own fault biting it on their ass..

I don't condone cheating but i also do not condone cosmetics hidden behind stupid hard mechanics...

Hahahahahahhahahahaha
    • Aesthier
      Aesthier
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Apache_Kid wrote: »

Tell me I'm wrong.

Cosmetic items cease to be special if everyone has them or can get them easily. Exclusivity is the majorty of the reason we want these skins...

I agree the exploiters should be banned along with any guild selling runs for skins from exclusive content.
    • Apache_Kid
      Apache_Kid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Aesthier wrote: »

Tell me I'm wrong.

I agree the exploiters should be banned along with any guild selling runs for skins from exclusive content.

Don't think selling runs for in-game gold is against the ToS. If they are selling them for real-world money then they can be banned.
      Edited by Apache_Kid on May 16, 2018 12:41PM
    • Septimus_Magna
      Septimus_Magna
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Doesn't it take like 4hrs to snipe down the boss? :D

Sad thing is, those morons probably spent more time looking for a glitch, than it takes other players to progress through HM. They should still get banned though, exploiting some of the hardest content in game is not acceptable.

Anyone who is sniping a boss for 4hrs can have the skin imo.
      Even fishing is more exciting than that..
      Edited by Septimus_Magna on May 16, 2018 12:49PM
      PC - EU (AD)
      Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
      Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
      Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
      Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
      Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
      Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
      Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
      Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
    • Aesthier
      Aesthier
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Aesthier wrote: »

Tell me I'm wrong.

Don't think selling runs for in-game gold is against the ToS. If they are selling them for real-world money then they can be banned.

I never said it was against the TOS I just think it should be.

Everybody is saying they only want it to show off the fact they completed it so banning those selling those runs shouldn't effect those who earned it.
    • DjMuscleboy02
      DjMuscleboy02
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It always blows my mind to read these topics and see people attempt to defend things like this. An exploit is an exploit, it doesn't matter if it's the hardest content in the game or if it's simply something like safe spotting a delve boss. However, punishments should definitely fit the crime and exploiting the most difficult content in the game and completely devaluing the work put into the trial should warrant a ban tbh. - Note this comes after ZOS explicitly said do not exploit and have already banned a good number of players who have done exactly this.

As to the argument about selling skins; If a group is skilled enough to do a trial or boss fight a man or two down then that's their prerogative. If you pay for a skin and get carried then go for it, that's your call. But when you stand in a corner and have to do no mechanics, hell the fight even takes several hours, then you should face repercussions.

But in the end, this is the bottom line:
      This game is the property of Zenimax, they have stated exploiting will not be tolerated and have taken action against this exact instance. The vAS glitch is an exploit. Doing this glitch is an exploit and in accordance to Zenimax TOS you will be banned. It does not matter what you think or how you would like exploits to be handled.
      Brodor - PC NA - ESO's only pure bodybuilding guild
      Hodor, but stronger
    • Inarre
      Inarre
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Man I can't wait for the forum tears when this gets patched and exploiters get a hefty ban. Haven't you guys learned your lesson yet.
    • supaskrub
      supaskrub
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ZOS.. you really should consider adding these highly skilled minority of XBOX-EU players to your QA team tp pass on some tips, .. failing that then the perma-ban hammer needs to fall
      Edited by supaskrub on May 16, 2018 2:20PM
    • Danse_Mayhem
      Danse_Mayhem
      ✭✭✭✭
      Wahhhhh so much QQ for the wrong reason...

Where do you draw the line at cheating? Glitching VAS? Standing near an outpost on double AP week swapping flags for crazy AP? Standing on the rock at the start of Hel Ra to make Ra Kotu easier? Skipping parts of Mazzatun? Farming friends on alternate colours at a flag in pvp to cheese the leaderboards on an emperor push?

I don't see most of that being complained about, and why? Because there isn't a fancy skin that enables people to feel like a special snowflake. god forbid the whole of ESO have the same cosmetic so that you feel like a regular player and not a trials GOD lol.

Personally I know that glitch and haven't because I don't want to risk a ban. But I don't name the players for doing it at all. Thwas glitches should have been picked up before this trial went live. And if they weren't? And if ZOS are gonna ignore people's reports, and not bother to patch in a single invisible wall to stop this? Then fair play to anyone who takes advantage. No one should get banned for the mishaps of ZOS in my opinion. Especially ESO+ players who spend on crowns.
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
      DAMN THIS COMMENT IS FANCY!
      ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

YouTube.com/DarkProjectMayhem
    • Kikke
      Kikke
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Last time this happend, all those involved got Perma banns, so..... Report them, and await the judgement day xD
      Cleared Trials:
      - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
      -Someone said it, I guess.
    • Apache_Kid
      Apache_Kid
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭

Where do you draw the line at cheating? Glitching VAS? Standing near an outpost on double AP week swapping flags for crazy AP? Standing on the rock at the start of Hel Ra to make Ra Kotu easier? Skipping parts of Mazzatun? Farming friends on alternate colours at a flag in pvp to cheese the leaderboards on an emperor push?

I don't see most of that being complained about, and why? Because there isn't a fancy skin that enables people to feel like a special snowflake. god forbid the whole of ESO have the same cosmetic so that you feel like a regular player and not a trials GOD lol.

Personally I know that glitch and haven't because I don't want to risk a ban. But I don't name the players for doing it at all. Thwas glitches should have been picked up before this trial went live. And if they weren't? And if ZOS are gonna ignore people's reports, and not bother to patch in a single invisible wall to stop this? Then fair play to anyone who takes advantage. No one should get banned for the mishaps of ZOS in my opinion. Especially ESO+ players who spend on crowns.

While i agree with some of your premise here there does need to be some sort of punishment for these people. At the very least they should have their Asylum skin taken away and a temporary suspension if it is their first offense.

I do NOT think that the people should lose all crown store items and DLCs on their accounts. To me, that's wrongful seizure of property.

I also agree that this Asylum glitch should have been fixed by now. The same week it was reported it should have been patched. At THIS particular point in the story-line, there is no one to blame here but ZoS. They've known about it for plenty long as I found out about it on these message boards weeks ago.

It seems that they are loathe to fix much of anything outside of the quarterly patches now. Bugs and issues go unfixed for 3 months after they crop-up because apparently you can only fix major bugs in conjunction with DLC releases now.
      Edited by Apache_Kid on May 16, 2018 2:31PM
    • shadowwraith666
      shadowwraith666
      ✭✭✭✭
      There is a clear way they could have avoid this...l make the skin bind to account on pickup as a lot of f2p games do.

also i wouldnt exactly call using the environment to your advantage an exploit, most games encourage that... except eso
      • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
      • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
      • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
      • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
      Spill some blood for me dear brother
      Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
    • Inarre
      Inarre
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see most of that being complained about, and why?

Actually I think a lot of it has to do with zos attitude. It's not black and white.

For example many people have reported or complained in forums about flag swapping, people from opposite alliances gaming the system with their friends, reporting plans from zone in other alliance, skipping mobs in speed runs but zos have openly said these arent exploits or at least have said they won't discipline based on these actions.

I'm sure you're right that part of it is efforts to keep exclusive rewards for challenging content just that - a reward for completing challenging content. But keep in mind zos took a similar stance (mass banning) to people who were using hacks in pvp for ulti regen, flying, speed running, unlimited dodge roll, etc. As well. It's not JUST the skin, but I think how the exploit is obtained. Locking a boss in a wall (just an example I have no idea how these exploits are done) is a bit different from walking past mobs who do not aggro you, just like telling your friend where yellow is attacking next is a bit different from using a hack for unlimited comets on said yellows.

• Qbiken
      Qbiken
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

When ZOS confirms it´s an un intended feature/exploit. That´s where you draw the line.