The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Cyrodiil Updates for Update 18

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    so, solo time now in a cp campaign to take a resource (let's say level 3) is about 3 to 4 minutes (depending on the type of build used)...

what would be the approximate time it would take to solo for these new iterations of the resources?

About 6 minutes for a level 5 on a mag DK, when I tested. Probably less for a magblade, magsorc or almost any stam build.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    so, solo time now in a cp campaign to take a resource (let's say level 3) is about 3 to 4 minutes (depending on the type of build used)...

what would be the approximate time it would take to solo for these new iterations of the resources?

About 6 minutes for a level 5 on a mag DK, when I tested. Probably less for a magblade, magsorc or almost any stam build.

that's funny, but, sadly true: "almost any stam build" :)

yeah, i don't know what all those guards got against magic users...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • pandoraderomanus
    pandoraderomanus
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler It would be great if you could comment on this (I was typing it in patch notes thread and at least 17 people agreed with me):

Regarding Cyrodiil changes..

-If your character dies, you will not be cleared from a credit list, but logging out of the game will.

This is not fair. Many players get disconnected constantly in battles due to the server lag. This is not players' fault! WTF is this change? Allow at least 10 min to be able to connect to the game again (since most of the time it's not possible to connect immediately) and don't remove disconnected players from the credit list for this 10 min time.

PC-EU since 2014

Touches-Your-Tralala - retired lizardina-templar
    Pandora Morgenstern - noob orc-stamsorc
  • Palidon
    Palidon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryodiil is falling apart. There is no excuse ZOS can make for the pathetic game performance issues in Cyrodiil.
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler It would be great if you could comment on this (I was typing it in patch notes thread and at least 17 people agreed with me):

-If your character dies, you will not be cleared from a credit list, but logging out of the game will.

This is not fair. Many players get disconnected constantly in battles due to the server lag. This is not players' fault! WTF is this change? Allow at least 10 min to be able to connect to the game again (since most of the time it's not possible to connect immediately) and don't remove disconnected players from the credit list for this 10 min time.

I agree, a players name should be maintained in the list for 10 minutes after leaving the game to allow them to come back in if they crashed. If the point of interest flips and the credit list is wiped while they are off line I guess they would be SOL, unless there were a secondary list that held names in escrow so to speak that were on the list but not awarded points for 10 minutes, and then awarded those points to any on that secondary list that logged back in within that 10 minute period. After 10 minutes the secondary list would vanish, and anyone who had not re-entered Cyrodiil that was on that list would lose credit at that point.

So to illustrate if 20 people are taking a keep and 1 gets booted offline while another logs out during the engagement the 18 people that are online get credit from the original list when the point of interest flips and the offensive tick happens. The 2 players names and their AP/exp values who are offline move to the temporary secondary list which will expire in 10 minutes. If the player that got booted gets back in while this secondary list is still active they will receive their reward. The player that logged out and is not coming back will lose their credit after the 10 minute secondary list expires.
    Edited by Ranger209 on April 22, 2018 1:57PM
  • Emothic
    Emothic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still doesn't address the major problem of players just farming AP for only monster helms, and players swtiching factions becuase they die a few times, and then start taking sh- in the other factions zone chat.
    Lord Emothic Von Hellsing of ze Hellsing Family.
    Dragon Knight of the Ebonheart Pact. Xbox One - NA
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Palidon wrote: »
    Cryodiil is falling apart. There is no excuse ZOS can make for the pathetic game performance issues in Cyrodiil.

It's actually muuuuuuuuch better than it was last year ping wise. Frames haven't been an issue for me in 2years. Just need a good PC and you're in business. Get at least a gtx 980 and an i7 6700 and you're good to go. Also run the texture quality at medium. View distance and particles at the minimum.

Then if you want the game to not look bad, get a 2k or 4k monitor and increase your resolution to 1440p or 2160p.
    Edited by frozywozy on April 23, 2018 12:00PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ranger209 wrote: »

I agree, a players name should be maintained in the list for 10 minutes after leaving the game to allow them to come back in if they crashed.

I am not sure if you are also suggesting to allow people to come back in Cyrodiil after a crash for a period of 10 minutes but that would be great aswell. Getting kicked out of the zone because you crashed and have to wait for an hour queue is beyond ridiculous. This has to stop.

Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • kholsh
    kholsh
    ✭✭
    frozywozy wrote: »
    Instead of adding additional rewards such as mounts and cosmetics for completing alliance ranks (which would have been nice at release 4years ago), I think it would be great to give rewards for players who finish a 30days cycle campaign on the top10 of their faction on the leaderboard. The same mount or costume could be the same every campaign. It would still make it unique and special. Another idea would be to give a title such as "Commander of <Insert_name_of_campaign>".

While I think this is a good idea too. In reality what PvP needs, not counting the performance issues, is more active players. So incentivizing Top 10 does not help that. I'm not sure if rank based ones will help or not either. After all, everyone's rank is already displayed all the time. The only time I hear anything though, is when in PvE when running PvE Tank build, people are surprised that my Warden is a Major. Usually PvE only notices your PvP rank because you are running around in PvE with a PvP build. So maybe something akin to Skins will help. I do know that they are decent motivation in PvE. All without ruining things for those that do not want to play the way that is needed to earn them.

The goal of giving rewards based on the actual challenges was not to bring more people to the game but to simply focus on what we could consider "endgame pvp top tier" nowadays. If you actually want to bring more players to the game, what should have been done and should be done is the following.

When the game got released, thousands of players rushed into Cyrodiil to test what was supposed to be the new best MMO since WoW got released. The potential was there, but Zenimax screwed up with the code, the engine and the client (no 64bits). When the popularity started dropping to the point where each faction cap is sitting around 100-150~ players, the PvP development team should have realized that they don't have the population to support large scale PvP any longer. To attract more people, they should focus and devote ALL of their ressources into smaller instances of PvP. They already started with battlegrounds (which in my opinion should be named arenas or something similar). Then they should open up 8v8 and/or 12v12 and/or 16v16 battlegrounds. These would bring alot of excitement and fierce competition between guilds. Once the popularity of the PvP starts growing up again, re-introduce a large scale instance.

Even the lore could support it. The daedra has been vanquished. The war in Cyrodiil is over but the conflicts between all 3 factions is just starting. They are now fighting all over the summerset isles in these new typical zones (battlegrounds).

Later on when the game can support it, reintroduce a large zone similar to Cyrodiil where all 3 factions will fight once more in a new battle facing hundreds of players on the screen (what was promised at release).

I disagree entirely cyrodil is what sets Elder Scrolls Online apart from the other MMOs. Battlegrounds is Niche and dumb to be honest
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Any chance Mementos collectibles will be enabled and allowed to be used within Cyrodiil in the future, ever again?
    Mementos are simply just cosmetics/animations that do not affect or hinder game-play or PvP, so why would Mementos be disabled in Cyrodiil (as well as Battlegrounds)? I understand the reasoning for disabling non-combat pets (due to sneaking, etc.) But Mementos are fun to use, and would be even more fun to use in PvP-land..

Imagine how much more fun and added value that players get from Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds when players can be on the walls of a Keep and be able to throw Mud Balls at distant enemy players, with the Mud Ball Pouch Memento in their quick-slot, before leaping out to attack; or be able to Juggle Knives and Swallow Swords to mock enemy players who are below or above them on a wall or balcony, or be able to use the Blackfeather Court Whistle Memento to summon crows to feast on dead enemy player corpses, or be able to use the Box of Forbidden Relics Memento to perform the Black Sacrament on a player's dead body, or ... you get the idea. Mementos are fun to use and to get creative with. The problem is players are currently restricted and are not able to have the option or choice to do any of these things with their Mementos in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds.

I would like to be able to use my Storm Atronach Transform Memento in conjunction with my Storm Atronach Senche Mount in Cyrodiil, on my sorc tank, which is constantly in lightning form. After all, in this example, both of those virtual goods came from Storm Crown Crates that were paid for, yet I can't even use the majority of the Mementos I received from Crates or PvE Quests due to in-game restrictions in these areas. There isn't a memento that I know of that would negatively effect real, actual game-play in Cyrodiil or Battlegrounds. Mementos are on the same level as Costumes and The Outfit System, yet Mementos are disabled in Cyrodiil/Battlegrounds, whereas Outfits/Costumes are not.

Is there any specific reason(s) why Mementos are disabled for Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds?

TL;DR version, my point is: it seems silly that I and many other players cannot use our paid-and-earned Mementos (Cosmetics/Animations) while in Cyrodiil and Battlegrounds, where many of us spend 90% of our in-game play-time..

I heard they got rid of momentos in cyrodiil because the one looked like a scroll lol! It was a long time ago but I miss momentos for sure! We had fun with them!

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxwellC wrote: »
    @Beardimus
    Strategy is to pick off the mage guard from the top and handle the healer below then focus on the rest of the healers since they have less armor (at-least it seems that way).
    Sotha sil is a non CP If I recall correctly but to compare that to the PTS is nowhere near accurate especially since they've received a damage increase which almost makes them feel like maxed level resource nodes.

I prefer the current live one as they're something you can take solo at a pretty decent time then move back to capturing the keep. The PTS one feels more time consuming and I feel that would be a issue when trying to support the capture by getting a resource node for a spawn point only to miss out of getting credit towards capping the keep nearby.

Sorry @MaxwellC if you read the original post, Brian states the NPCs have been buffed in CP. NOT as tough as in noCP but tougher. Sotha NPCs are still tougher than on PTS.

And the entire point is them taking longer. It adds an element. A solo player should not be able to face roll a resource fast. Picking off the key guards is the strateegy. Then taking the flag 4. Dropping an ulti on them burns them fast enough. You just need practice

' I win ' mode is not always best. I'm.all for this change, in fact they could be harder still. Soloing keeps or a scroll temple should be close to impossible.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kholsh wrote: »
    Instead of adding additional rewards such as mounts and cosmetics for completing alliance ranks (which would have been nice at release 4years ago), I think it would be great to give rewards for players who finish a 30days cycle campaign on the top10 of their faction on the leaderboard. The same mount or costume could be the same every campaign. It would still make it unique and special. Another idea would be to give a title such as "Commander of <Insert_name_of_campaign>".

While I think this is a good idea too. In reality what PvP needs, not counting the performance issues, is more active players. So incentivizing Top 10 does not help that. I'm not sure if rank based ones will help or not either. After all, everyone's rank is already displayed all the time. The only time I hear anything though, is when in PvE when running PvE Tank build, people are surprised that my Warden is a Major. Usually PvE only notices your PvP rank because you are running around in PvE with a PvP build. So maybe something akin to Skins will help. I do know that they are decent motivation in PvE. All without ruining things for those that do not want to play the way that is needed to earn them.

The goal of giving rewards based on the actual challenges was not to bring more people to the game but to simply focus on what we could consider "endgame pvp top tier" nowadays. If you actually want to bring more players to the game, what should have been done and should be done is the following.

When the game got released, thousands of players rushed into Cyrodiil to test what was supposed to be the new best MMO since WoW got released. The potential was there, but Zenimax screwed up with the code, the engine and the client (no 64bits). When the popularity started dropping to the point where each faction cap is sitting around 100-150~ players, the PvP development team should have realized that they don't have the population to support large scale PvP any longer. To attract more people, they should focus and devote ALL of their ressources into smaller instances of PvP. They already started with battlegrounds (which in my opinion should be named arenas or something similar). Then they should open up 8v8 and/or 12v12 and/or 16v16 battlegrounds. These would bring alot of excitement and fierce competition between guilds. Once the popularity of the PvP starts growing up again, re-introduce a large scale instance.

Even the lore could support it. The daedra has been vanquished. The war in Cyrodiil is over but the conflicts between all 3 factions is just starting. They are now fighting all over the summerset isles in these new typical zones (battlegrounds).

Later on when the game can support it, reintroduce a large zone similar to Cyrodiil where all 3 factions will fight once more in a new battle facing hundreds of players on the screen (what was promised at release).

I disagree entirely cyrodil is what sets Elder Scrolls Online apart from the other MMOs. Battlegrounds is Niche and dumb to be honest

The reason why I suggested battlegrounds is because of two reasons.

- we don't have the population to cover large scale pvp.
    - performances in Cyrodiil ping wise are still unplayable sometimes at primetime 4years after release.

Battlegrounds are small instances lag free that can bring alot of competition in the game until the number of people interested into pvping start growing again, and until they find people competent enough to fix the server side issues *cough spend more ressources in their infrastructure, redo the code, cough*.
    Edited by frozywozy on April 23, 2018 10:08PM
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler ...howdy mister wheeler...hope all goes well in the wonderful world of dungeon wizardry...

been taking some more time to think about the upcoming changes...i'm not participating in the pts (play on the ps4)...

first and foremost - muchas gracias for the efforts to improve performance...that should always be first and foremost in everyone's efforts in regard to cyrodiil...

to be honest though - i'm not really interested in getting in to drawn out npc fights at resources...i can do that in imperial city - or - the rest of tamriel...as a solo player - this is just gonna make my efforts to contribute to my alliance a little more challenging...

i like the way siege works right now - i can use the ballistas for everything...as a solo player - i don't normally have the time to make use of trebuchets and catapults...ballistas are the perfect all around tool to attack or defend quickly...

more and more i'm becoming increasingly dismayed by the "crusade" against AP tick leeches - probably, cuz i'm a very good AP tick leecher :open_mouth:

i haven't read too many complaints regarding AP leeching here on the forums...hopefully the new scoring adjustment to eliminate some passive AP gains didn't take too much, in the way of resources, to rework...

and, at the most we're probably talking about a few hundred or a thousand or so AP...pretty insignificant amounts (i'll admit - a couple of times i've rode in or ported in to some nice AP - i think the most may have been 23k one time)...

pretty rare occurrence though to luck in to any substantial or consistent score bonuses that way...

it's good to get some changes - and, i realize there are significant challenges for you to enact many significant changes to cyrodiil...

i don't know - i guess i was just hoping for some changes that would either be a little more in my favor (as a solo player), or, that i might find enjoyable...just wanted to share my thoughts regarding a couple of the upcoming changes...

df940830.jpg
    Edited by geonsocal on May 1, 2018 7:45AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    LOCK acc PER faction:

- Penalty of time to log into another faction: 1 hour + queue.

Without this, the campaigns continue to have no sense of 'campaign'.

• Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry @Iskras no where near enough. I might concede to 24hrs, but think more than that is needed. maybe 24 on shor, 48 on the rest at the least.

TBH Shor should just get locked the full 7. I'm fed up of seeing the same player names in all three alliance top tens,
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • greentrees
    greentrees
    Soul Shriven
    MMR and rankings for BG please, thanks bye.
  • TheBonesXXX
    TheBonesXXX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still discussing Alliance association and Campaigns.

Just campaign lock them for the iteration of the campaign.

If people leave the game who cares, there will always be a new wave of players to fill the void.

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are still discussing Alliance association and Campaigns.

Just campaign lock them for the iteration of the campaign.

If people leave the game who cares, there will always be a new wave of players to fill the void.

There are also people who would come back to pvp that currently are foregoing it if faction loyalty were a thing in Cyrodiil.
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree, a players name should be maintained in the list for 10 minutes after leaving the game to allow them to come back in if they crashed

More importantly, a player that gets disconnected should ALWAYS get back in Cyrodiil if logging back within a certain time period. Too often I log back to find myself back in Rivenspire, with a 1+ hour queue ahead of me. Which quite often means th end of my PvP for the night.

If ZOS can`t fix this very basic (but very annoying issue), then your presence on a credit list is the least of your problems...

• frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    I agree, a players name should be maintained in the list for 10 minutes after leaving the game to allow them to come back in if they crashed

More importantly, a player that gets disconnected should ALWAYS get back in Cyrodiil if logging back within a certain time period. Too often I log back to find myself back in Rivenspire, with a 1+ hour queue ahead of me. Which quite often means th end of my PvP for the night.

If ZOS can`t fix this very basic (but very annoying issue), then your presence on a credit list is the least of your problems...

@ZOS_BrianWheeler I think this is the most concerning issue right now. could we have a look on this? it's been mentioned a good dozen of times in forums. give a delay of 10 minutes to log back in after a server disconnect / client crash.
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

• Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Campaign lockouts based on Alliance swapping on a temporary level have been discussed and are still on going.

You are the greatest human being in all of history

also the credit clear from disconnecting needs to be addressed plz

also riding on walls needs to still be a thing

ty
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    driosketch wrote: »
    jaws343 wrote: »
    Lost count of the PVP performance improvements that have been released, be nice if this is the first actual one,
    You can be on several credit lists for a Keep superstructure of a Keep, Mine, Lumbermill and Farm and earn Defense ticks for each of them, however if you defend or attack a new Keep superstructure, your credit will be removed.
    umm so still able to lose def ticks if you go def another superstructure too quick? not sure why you'd want to remove players from credit lists

Yeah I am also concerned that you may be required to decide between staying for the tick or porting to another keep that is under siege before it gets flagged. Either way, nothing is changing from the way it is now. You are either waiting around for the tick and not getting to the under siege keep in time, or you leave to defend the other keep and miss out on the tick. And when you defend a keep for 20 minutes and lose a 10K tick because you need to defend another keep, it's kind of disheartening and doesn't really aid in promoting keep defense.

Depends on when the tick clicks over. If it's as soon as the keep unflags, or sooner than it take to ride between keeps, it's less of an issue.
    Vilestride wrote: »
    I am just going to casually slip this in here. My 2 cents. Glad to see some of the proposals align with what is coming to fruition.

image]

Damn your fake post, had me going. I needed to stand up just so I could sit down. :P

Same dude. That moment when someone compiled a literally perfect version of cyrodiil for lols but ZOS can't come up with an engaging idea to save their lives
    Edited by ReverseVenom on May 7, 2018 11:02PM
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭
    I have friends in all alliances and honestly that is the only argument against faction locking and it is a very weak one at this point. The abundant exploitation has ruined it for everyone and at this point y'all could just communicate with your friends on what alliance to play before hand. Everything was *** with one tamriel and everyone got a new toy and now you're all pissy at the mere mention of getting it taken away.

I've said it again and again FACTION LOCK THE *** CAMPAIGNS FOR THE GREATER GOOD
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • Nermy
    Nermy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have friends in all alliances and honestly that is the only argument against faction locking and it is a very weak one at this point. The abundant exploitation has ruined it for everyone and at this point y'all could just communicate with your friends on what alliance to play before hand. Everything was *** with one tamriel and everyone got a new toy and now you're all pissy at the mere mention of getting it taken away.

I've said it again and again FACTION LOCK THE *** CAMPAIGNS FOR THE GREATER GOOD

I think the horse may have bolted on this one and it wouldn't make any difference to the way the campaigns go anymore. Really sad, used to be so awesome.
    @Nermy
    Ex-Leader of The Wabbajack [EU EP PvP guild - Now stood down from active duty]
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT!!!

Nermden - EP Warden, Nerm-in'a'tor - EP Dragon Knight, N'erm - EP Sorcerer, D'arkness - EP Nightblade, Nermy - EP Templar

“Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.” ― Oscar Wilde

"An Army is a team; lives, sleeps, eats, fights as a team. This individual heroic stuff is a lot of crap." -General George S. Patton
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    Noooooooooo

I wannna play all factions!!!!! :(
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    patents wrote: »
    Noooooooooo

I wannna play all factions!!!!! :(

People just sugest a 'lock time' - something like 120 mintues to log on in another faction in Cyrodiil. That's a reasonable idea.
    Edited by Iskras on May 10, 2018 3:33AM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Balance in the queue and score

Bad current situation, just to exemplify, AD 1 bar, EP 3, DC 1 on the main server (Vivec NA). :(
  • RMerlin
    RMerlin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

Bad current situation, just to exemplify, AD 1 bar, EP 3, DC 1 on the main server (Vivec NA). :(

That's because AD and DC have given up on this campaign since EP is too far ahead.

That's one example why I believe that 30 days is too long for a campaign, and not having any real alternative campaign to switch to doesn't help that either (a 7 days campaign is at the other end of the spectrum, and is too different from a 30 days campaign). So AD and DC are faced with an impossible campaign to win, and still a whole week left on it.

Alos not helping is the fact that a lot of players are currently on PTS rather than Vivec, which probably makes the global live population currently lower than usual.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    RMerlin wrote: »
    Iskras wrote: »

That's because AD and DC have given up on this campaign since EP is too far ahead.

That's one example why I believe that 30 days is too long for a campaign, and not having any real alternative campaign to switch to doesn't help that either (a 7 days campaign is at the other end of the spectrum, and is too different from a 30 days campaign). So AD and DC are faced with an impossible campaign to win, and still a whole week left on it.

Alos not helping is the fact that a lot of players are currently on PTS rather than Vivec, which probably makes the global live population currently lower than usual.

- not to long to EP? Ok!
  • Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EIGHTS wrote: »
    Cyrodiil is out of control AGAIN!!!!

7Tu54Uq.jpg

(screenshot at 2018/5/7 12:45)

ZeiUCLc.jpg

Curious how the under population bonus will affect this. The biggest issue with the score getting out of control is what happens during non peak hours which is 80% of the day. Definitely faction swapping can and does impact this, but it is how it impacts it during non peak hours that needs a corrective measure put in place. If all factions are at 1 bar will that be considered an underpopulation period, or would it be a situation like you have shown where 1 faction is 2 bars higher than the other two? Are both scenarios an underpopulation time period?

A faction runs the map and the points are as above for the next tick. Then population gets down to 1 bar for all 3 alliances with the map in that condition. Next 5 hours go by with no one getting on and the map in that condition. Suddenly 1 faction has a 300 point lead on the other 2 all in about 6 hours.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler copied the above in from another thread for visibility here and to expound upon it. This is a legitimate issue with what happens during non peak hours. What I am basically asking above is is the underpopulation bonus a bonus applied if one faction or two factions are lower than the third, so a faction by faction analysis to determine the bonus, or is it an overall population analysis irregardless of what may be happening population wise between factions. If all factions are at 1 bar is the scoring altered? It doesn't seem that underpopulation bonus applies that way by the wording alone. This is a huge problem that skews the score dramatically. When the map/next eval score is left in the condition as shown for hours on end, and no one is on to challenge that, problems ensue that ruin the competitive spirit of the 3 banner war.

There are different issues at each end of the population spectrum. When pop locked, resources, holds, towns, and keeps can flip multiple times in an hour, negating the efforts of those who do the initial flip or any subsequent flips within that 60 minute time frame except the last people to flip it before eval. So at this end of the spectrum there is way too much effort that does not contribute to the score. At the other end of the spectrum with very few people on, the map can stagnate for hours on end favoring a given faction who is putting in very little effort to maintain that scoring edge, and with no one able to gather the forces to make a significant change to it. In both cases effort is not accurately captured by the scoring system.