The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Has the Anniversary Event burnt you out?

• DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Geroken777 wrote: »
    When the resulting outcome is random it is gambling. Period.

Gambling is not necessarily a 1 : 0 summation.

Merriam-Webster:

1. a : to play a game for money or property
    b : to bet on an uncertain outcome

Google the word Gamble. Nuff said.

Wrong thread?

Anyways, it didn't really burn me out. I could handle another week tbh.

Burned me out AND I could handle another week. I've accepted that gaming will take years off my life.
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nobody is forcing me to do dailies, so for me completing daily writs with all characters is more than enough.
    When all those crafting dailies are finished, I can focus to do something else.
    Besides I already have bank full of motifs, which will collect the dust till their prices are high enough to even consider selling them. So all good here. :)
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Knowledge wrote: »

All events burn me out always. Its the mass repetition that gets to me. In every MMO I've ever played I've always felt Events were a negative even though I love the rewards. I think player generated events would be better for gamer culture.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    I’m not doing writs again til, all these flipping surveys are done.

I'm going to spend a week where all my gaming time will be spent finding those surveys. :-P
    The Moot Councillor
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The extension did. And it's stupid because it's entirely self induced.

So basically I think "I am SO sick of these same dailies...I'm looking forward to the event ending." But nothing is forcing me to do these dailies. Sure, there is less "other stuff" going on with my guilds because so many people are focused on dailies but that doesn't mean I have to do dailies every minute I'm on.

And I feel even more stupid when I realize I'm doing dailies for motifs that I will never actually use in crafting as most are either hideous looking or nearly identical to another motif.

So I'm bored running dailies for rewards I won't use yet I keep running dailies.
  • rabidmyers
    rabidmyers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care
    making gold friends
    at a place nobody knows
  • idrankyourbeer
    idrankyourbeer
    ✭✭✭
    ive spent the last 2 weeks doing absolutely nothing other than doing daily crafting writs on 10 of my characters. and doing a few dolmens every day just to run through my daily enlightenment. im burning through style materials like nobodies business

even with the lazy writ crafting addon it still takes a fair bit of time to get it all done, and by the time im finished im kinda burned out and i move onto a different game

but on the upside im hoarding as many of the anniversary reward crates as i can fit into my inventories for one massive opening at the end of it all.

i stopped opening them a few days after the event started when i got a little trigger happy opening up all my writ boxes and pressed one too many times in the inventory and accidentally used two worm cult motifs on the wrong characters. oops!

ill be a little more careful this time around when i start opening these puppies by the masses. ive got a whole crap tonne of them piled up in my inventory and its all i can do to resist peeking in to see what kind of goodies are inside
  • alsuran
    alsuran
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes, doing about 70 writs per day, making plenty of money, but I'm burnt out. Wish I had the energy to grind the 4 alts that I have at levels 8-36 up to 50, before the 100% XP buff is removed. Don't regret it though, made a lot of money in the last couple of weeks.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nightfall12

So i've taken my two alts i wanted to level to Cyro and have done dailes there. Yes, i get less boxes than i could, but doing the under 50 campaign has actually proven way more fun than any other campaign. I've even done some real PvP and had success, along with going from 22-40 in about 4 hours, and getting to almost level 5 in my cyro skill lines (Vig and trops here i come).

So, whereas i can get 48 boxes in about 2 hours just running craft writs, i get about 20 in 2 hours, but with more benefits, and more fun.

Its not the crafting per say, but when running the dailies i prefer to use my 50's for any gear drops and such. Its always annoying when you get the nice set piece in the perfect trait to remember oh yeah that Divines Necro robe is lvl 22…

As far as PvP land, i don't go there on low lvl guys with 0 horse speed. Slowly training those mounts but if a toon is only a month old….
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.