The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Has the Anniversary Event burnt you out?

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    It has ruined parts of the market. I, at this point, am upset it's lasted 2 weeks. It should have only been 1 week for NA.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • vamp_emily
      vamp_emily
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I actually really liked the event. I did some pvp town questing that I never have done before; and, I started doing writs for the first time in 3 years.

I wish I had time to grind some CP on one of my accounts before the event is over.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
      AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• N00BxV1
      N00BxV1
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      After completing the Worm Cult style I said "No more dailies." But I just can't stop, all the crafting materials are just too good to miss.

giphy.gif

PS: I don't care about the "market". I've been the traveling salesman selling motifs for less than half of the market value, and have still made a nice chunk of change.

JK4WmBA.gif
      Edited by N00BxV1 on April 20, 2018 2:27PM
    • Inarre
      Inarre
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      I dont kill myself trying to get 50 boxes per character per day, I just do a few and have fun with it. It is a game after all. So nah I didn't get burned out.
    • Hurtfan
      Hurtfan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      Work has burned me out, not playing a video game ;)
      For the Pact!
      Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
    • _Salty_
      _Salty_
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I don't care
      I have 1 character and I only did the writs on it. I don't care about the Motifs other than for generating revenue. I have all the styles I want since the outfit update allows the use of lower leveled racial styles Im good. It would take one amazing new Nord Style Motif or a more traditional medieval style to make me give a damn about grinding motifs again. Assassins guild was the last set I spent any time grinding.
      Psn l---Salty---l

Patiently waiting to make a Stankcromancer.
    • Kodrac
      Kodrac
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      Most definitely. I'm taking a week off. Started yesterday.
    • myskyrim26
      myskyrim26
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yeah, I'm burnt out. But well, nobody makes me doing all these dailies, right? The loot is great, so I'll go till the end. I'm happy with this event!
      Edited by myskyrim26 on April 20, 2018 2:42PM
    • GrumpyDuckling
      GrumpyDuckling
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      No
      It reinvigorates.
    • Bastijer
      Bastijer
      ✭✭✭
      No
      It was very very stressful until i completed the WC style with my main. This was burning me. After that point, the Anniverary bonus feel like a real reward and makes me enjoy the game a lot more, besides the lots of extra stuff we get. This way, the more they last, the better.
    • Kikke
      Kikke
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No
      I.... need...... more....... boxes!
      Cleared Trials:
      - vAA HM - vHRC HM - vSO HM - vMoL HM - vHoF HM - vAS HM - vCR HM -

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, and a lot of bitching."
      -Someone said it, I guess.
    • Ilsabet
      Ilsabet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      I'm glad they extended it, because that was the only way I was going to get a decent shot at filling out my Worm Cult motif without having to buy most of it. But after spending 2 weeks devoting the entirety of my limited playing time to writs and the occasional other dailies, I'm ready to be done with it and get back to story questing.
      Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
      Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
      My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
      Ilsabet's Headcanon
      The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
      PC NA
    • Kagukan
      Kagukan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      No. I am loving the event. I am not killing myself trying to do every daily available. I play the normal amount of time as usual and hit up a few dailies along the way.
    • kylewwefan
      kylewwefan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Yes
      I’m not doing writs again til, all these flipping surveys are done.
    • chess1ukb16_ESO
      chess1ukb16_ESO
      ✭✭✭✭
      No
      My trade guild has made 1 billion gold in sales by the time the event ends so hard to be too upset :)
      Ireniicus
      GM - Tamriel Traders Guild (TTG); Divine Deals; Allmart & The Alchemist Emporium
    • DaveMoeDee
      DaveMoeDee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes, but it is worth it! Gimmee my motifs!

Still doing writs on 15 characters. I am doing almost nothing else in game since that will take about 2 hours.
    • xilfxlegion
      xilfxlegion
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      yes and no.

im already a master crafter --- only needed three pages ( besides the worm cult ) when it started --- got all that in the first two days.

It is nice getting sellable stuff and designs tho.
    • TheKingofSass
      TheKingofSass
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Burnt out is a strong way to describe it. I picked yes cause I got to the point being tired doing dailies and writs so I don't do them anymore atm, which isn't bad! Instead I have been enjoying dat cake exp boost :smiley: I enjoyed greatly from this event, got motifs I always wanted and some my alts got boosts up.
      "Remember, darkness does not always equate to evil, just as light does not always bring good."

Nifereti
      500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magblade┇AD
      Alyäia Morningstar
      500 CP+┇Altmer┇Vampire Magplar┇AD
      Poison Avy
      500 CP+┇Bosmer┇Werewolf Stamden┇EP
      Tronto Ebur
      500 CP+┇Imperial┇Frosted Tankden┇EP
      Azaerani
      500 CP+┇Dunmer┇Dovah Kendov MagKnight┇DC
    • Sabbathius
      Sabbathius
      ✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      God yes. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining, it's been insanely profitable, but I'll be glad to see it done and gone.

• Tabbycat
      Tabbycat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      No
      When does it end?

Answering my own question. lol Monday (23rd).
      Edited by Tabbycat on April 20, 2018 4:14PM
      Founder and Co-GM of The Psijic Order Guild (NA)
      0.016%
    • firedrgn
      firedrgn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      I only got to play one day so i am just haapy to be here. Going to try and get a few more boxes. Wish me luck e everyone. I hope i get something good.
      Edited by firedrgn on April 20, 2018 4:17PM
    • VexingArcanist
      VexingArcanist
      ✭✭✭✭
      When the resulting outcome is random it is gambling. Period.

Gambling is not necessarily a 1 : 0 summation.

Merriam-Webster:

1. a : to play a game for money or property
      b : to bet on an uncertain outcome

Google the word Gamble. Nuff said.
      Edited by VexingArcanist on April 20, 2018 4:20PM
    • Lysette
      Lysette
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      Well, I did not even try the cake - but I did a lot of crafting writs - not more than I normally do on the other side. IMO there is no rush to progress in the game and it might even be bad to actually progress too much or too fast. When I compare my newly made level 8 character to one of my more progressed ones - the little one has actually better stats and performs better in many cases. This is due to how scaling is done in ESO - the more you progress the more effort you will have to put in to keep your performance at the same level. Certainly, the little one at level 8 lacks a lot of skills, but she has far better attribute stats than my other characters.
      Edited by Lysette on April 20, 2018 5:07PM
    • MasterSpatula
      MasterSpatula
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      On dailies, yes. On the game, no. Plenty other to do than dailies.
      "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
    • DocDova
      DocDova
      ✭✭✭
      I am doing like 21 dailies daily. Wanna get as many motif as I can as they are important for me to complete master writs and I don't have like 80% of them. I got many repeat motif, which I add to first guild I was added to. They don't sell stuff or anything, if anyone else need them, they might take them. It's only guild which also gave me most permissions since first day, Someone else also put some extra motif there and I used like 5 of them.

If I have some good stuff of at-least purple color, I put them in that guild bank. They might complete set for someone, everything else I just destroy or sell to NPC merchants for very small sum.

Also must have gained like 70 CP during anniversary event and would most likely gain 20-25 more.
    • Linaleah
      Linaleah
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Linaleah wrote: »
      Stabbina wrote: »
      Not at all.
      I continued doing the ones I did (4 in Vvardenfell, 2 for Thieves Guild) and addes 6 crafting writs.

I enjoyed getting extra free stuff.

Luckily I am not addited enough to notice to lovely weather we are having at the moment so I can go outside for a walk with the girlfriend <3

lucky you. our weather has been awful for far too long. just got snow. again. can't even start the spring garden because inevitable "snow, again?" is just going to kill all the plants :/ at least home is nice and warm and dry. yep, the weather has NOT been helpful.

/grumble.

Sounds like us. Snow a week ago, 27c/84f today.

And back to colder again next week.

yep. a friend posted a meme on facebook, "I can't wait for summer, hope it falls on a weekend" and I laughed through a hint of tears. because seriously weather.. I just want to get my tomatoes and peppers and annual flowers started....

that said, I guess I should have specified that its the crafting specifically that I'm burned out on, I don't usually craft on that many characters. going back on doing my usual number of daily crafting writs is feeling much better. even though there is still an occasional pang of "but what if that box I'm not getting would have a wormcult book??? " /squash. no brain. stop. you can live without that book just fine. and the pang goes away :P
      dirty worthless casual.
      Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
      Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
    • bongtokin420insd16
      bongtokin420insd16
      ✭✭✭✭
      @Nightfall12

So i've taken my two alts i wanted to level to Cyro and have done dailes there. Yes, i get less boxes than i could, but doing the under 50 campaign has actually proven way more fun than any other campaign. I've even done some real PvP and had success, along with going from 22-40 in about 4 hours, and getting to almost level 5 in my cyro skill lines (Vig and trops here i come).

So, whereas i can get 48 boxes in about 2 hours just running craft writs, i get about 20 in 2 hours, but with more benefits, and more fun.
      Kaz_Wastelander PS4NA
    • Guarlet
      Guarlet
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes
      Yes, it would be nice to focus my playtime on other things again. But I also take responsibility for my decision to participate in this wholly optional event, and don't want the event cut short for others because of it. ;)
      AKA The Goblinator, PC/EU
    • DieAlteHexe
      DieAlteHexe
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      No
      Stabbina wrote: »
      Not at all.
      I continued doing the ones I did (4 in Vvardenfell, 2 for Thieves Guild) and addes 6 crafting writs.

I enjoyed getting extra free stuff.

Luckily I am not addited enough to notice to lovely weather we are having at the moment so I can go outside for a walk with the girlfriend <3

lucky you. our weather has been awful for far too long. just got snow. again. can't even start the spring garden because inevitable "snow, again?" is just going to kill all the plants :/ at least home is nice and warm and dry. yep, the weather has NOT been helpful.

/grumble.

Sounds like us. Snow a week ago, 27c/84f today.

And back to colder again next week.

yep. a friend posted a meme on facebook, "I can't wait for summer, hope it falls on a weekend" and I laughed through a hint of tears. because seriously weather.. I just want to get my tomatoes and peppers and annual flowers started....

that said, I guess I should have specified that its the crafting specifically that I'm burned out on, I don't usually craft on that many characters. going back on doing my usual number of daily crafting writs is feeling much better. even though there is still an occasional pang of "but what if that box I'm not getting would have a wormcult book??? " /squash. no brain. stop. you can live without that book just fine. and the pang goes away :P

Heh, yeah, therein lies madness. I'm so stuffed with crafting items and motifs for sale later it's amazing. I normally craft on about half my characters but I trotted all of 'em out for this. Really had fun with this event!

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
    • Geroken777
      Geroken777
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      No
      When the resulting outcome is random it is gambling. Period.

Gambling is not necessarily a 1 : 0 summation.

Merriam-Webster:

1. a : to play a game for money or property
      b : to bet on an uncertain outcome

Google the word Gamble. Nuff said.

Wrong thread?

Anyways, it didn't really burn me out. I could handle another week tbh.
      The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.