The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Has the Anniversary Event burnt you out?

• WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah definitely have done, yesterday was awful, did a couple of characters quests but usually I do 3/4... got to my 3rd character and just could NOT be bothered with it... ugh... too many quests. Good event but jesus it's hard to keep on top of.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    No, I did ~150 cyrodiil dailies every day for a few days and then I slowed down. I do 10 dailies a day now at most, sometimes I don't do any at all.

Edit: I also have the whole Worm Cult style so I don't have to grind for more.
    Edited by Runefang on April 20, 2018 7:20AM
  • Mitrenga
    Mitrenga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Honestly, yes. I feel less and less inclined to log in. It felt like I am playing those grind fest Korean MMOs.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes and no. I'm kinda using this grind to prepare for the next grind that is coming up when Summerset drops. I have to unlock the ashlander dailies on all of my characters to farm jewelry next patch and I might as well do it now .
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have completely ran out of space. on one hand, i want to keep going, just a few more days, think of all the stuff i'll have to sell for the rest of the year, but on the other hand just.... can't. no more. so I'm switching back to my normal crafting writ rotation for the last few days of the anniversary. at least i did get my wormcult collection completed so there is no longer any sense of urgency left.

edited to add. I tend to play more then one game at once regardless. during this event, it was pretty much ESO and only ESO. i miss playing other games, and that kinda cleared my mind enough to stop this crafting madness :P
    Edited by Linaleah on April 20, 2018 7:40AM
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Princess_Ciri
    Princess_Ciri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    i am gonna be so happy when the event is over and i no longer feel compelled to do writs on 10 characters. I don't even do cyro dailies anymore.

Though I think if the PTS wasn't up atm I would have more free time on live so it wouldn't be so bad.
    GM and raid leader of Hot Girls Play DPS, the cutest guild EU
  • Kihamai
    Kihamai
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nah. Maybe just burnt out on crafting writs, but they've actually inspired me to improve all of my character's crafting professions. Got five of my character's clothing/blacksmithing/woodworking up to 50 with all 10 skill points in the top passive. Maximize my chances of more master writs while I'm actively doing these crafting writs daily.

Takes some time to get the skill points, but I need to collect those anyway.
    pc na | trash tier
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Probably not going to do all the crafting writs for a bit after the event ends, and there are several dailies I'll retire, but I have been trying to mix up what I do after the writs to stop burn-out
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Bonzodog01
    Bonzodog01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    With two XP events back to back, there is going to be a LOT of burnt out people. As it is, to prevent this, I stuck to doing just 16 daily crafting writs over my 4 chars on my account.

I suspect the game is going to be considerably quieter next week as people take a breather from it all and some will probably not log back in until summerset goes live.
    Xbox One - EU - EP/DC
    Trying and failing to hold the walls of his Templar house up since 2015
  • dan958
    dan958
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't really do enough dailies to get burnt out. Probably about 15 a day (including all crafting writs).
    @dan958 - PC/EU - Dannuin - Nightblade - Bosmer - CP982 - For the Queen!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yup, but that’s not to say I didn’t like the event or the time extension. I think this event was awesome.

It’s just that I’ve been doing writs on 9 chars for almost every day of the event. Will be glad when it’s over, because atm I feel it’s be a huge waste not to keep doing writs.
  • CelestialSlayer
    CelestialSlayer
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I must have done less than 20 dailies and got two worm cult motifs so I am not stressing out. The way i figured it the more you do in a day the less your chances are so i havent gone out of my way to do them. If i am in the crafting zone i do my writs, i i am in Hews bane I will do a couple of dailies there, but i am not running around trying to max them out like a crazy person :)
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its trashed the economy with oversupply and those who made the most were the resellers.

It was a massive boost to stock for the resellers, especially where noobs were selling things like corn flower for 50 pp and worm motifs for 2 to 10k
  • Titansteele
    Titansteele
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I replied yes but this is a true example of people never being happy :)

There is such a thing as "too much of a good thing" and I am bored of the free stuff as where I could just stop doing dailies I just can`t!
    Guild Leader of The Twelve Knights, AD PVE, PVP and Trading Guild on the EU Mega Server

"That which does not kill us makes us stronger"
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I've been doing 120+ dailies everyday except yesterday. Only gotten 4 wormcult from normal drops but the rest I got from trading various people here and there. I completed wormcult that way. The grind for the wormcult imo forces an unhealthy habit. Now I have 100+ extra motifs of various natures and I dunno how many blueprints and recipes. This event is also trying on my inventory managing skills.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    Made a conscious decision from the start to only do crafting dailies. It's been brilliant. Made some money, stocked up on materials and advanced my crafters.

So, no burn-out for me.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    The only have to do quests is crafting on 8 alts and 3 crow dailies.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • WhoSlappedThePie
    WhoSlappedThePie
    ✭✭✭
    @Armatesz I agree with the testing of inventory management, ha. I’ve now become sad enough to create a spreadsheet with my mule characters gear, spent a while moving stuff around, upgrade bank space to cater for it and tried to organise as best I could. I guess in a way, it was a well needed clean-out.

I will still farm though because that’s what I do but it has forced an almost unhealthy habit where I don’t have enough time what with my job/family so I’ve had to go to bed later and wake up early to try to stay on top of it. Suffice to say my work has dropped... hm. But... motifs.
    "It does not matter how slowly you go so long as you do not stop."

Current Toons (Max CP):
    Magsorc Breton
    Magblade Darkelf
    Stam DK Redguard
    Healer Templar High Elf
    Tank DK Argonian
    Stamblade Redguard

Completed: vHoF | vMoL | vSO | vSO HM | vAA | vAA HM | vHR | vHR HM | vMA | vDSA
  • mikejezz
    mikejezz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Made a conscious decision from the start to only do crafting dailies. It's been brilliant. Made some money, stocked up on materials and advanced my crafters.

So, no burn-out for me.

My problem is that my main is only cp 130 and gains levels so fast that the mats won’t drop for a long time. First world problem I know
  • Stewart1874
    Stewart1874
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yeah i'm broken now :(
    PS4 - Europe - Aldmeri Dominion
  • Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    @Armatesz I agree with the testing of inventory management, ha. I’ve now become sad enough to create a spreadsheet with my mule characters gear, spent a while moving stuff around, upgrade bank space to cater for it and tried to organise as best I could. I guess in a way, it was a well needed clean-out.

I will still farm though because that’s what I do but it has forced an almost unhealthy habit where I don’t have enough time what with my job/family so I’ve had to go to bed later and wake up early to try to stay on top of it. Suffice to say my work has dropped... hm. But... motifs.

Honestly I think they messed up the event. Like yeah it is cool for crafters and all that but the worm cult being set as rare as it is now? That is forcing others to do 300 dailies a day. I've done some days where I almost hit 300 dailies with crafting writs. I kept having to have to upgrade bank space over and over and stop occasionally to do mass motif trades with people. Next following days I will likely be mass trading wherever I can find people willing to. I won't lie that I am also hoping during this event to find someone that has chicken dinner display or chicken meal display blueprints.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No
    mikejezz wrote: »

So, no burn-out for me.

My problem is that my main is only cp 130 and gains levels so fast that the mats won’t drop for a long time. First world problem I know

Understand that totally. I spent a bit of money because of it, too.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Strykerous
    Strykerous
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Crafting takes up so many skill points it’s not even funny, then to top it off, you as a crafter have to keep up with the latest styles and motif crazes. I have most of the worm cult motifs, just need the gloves boots staves and there was a forth one. I will update this reply with the forth one soon. Point is I’m so burnt out that I am done crafting and motif hunting for quite a while. It doesn’t change the fact that I love this even though.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Kind of burnt out. Just leveled StamSorc to 50th lvl after playing wardens for some time... And seeing how good magika chars will be in the upcoming new Chapter I feel like all the gold I made, all motifs I farmed and all tannins I got during event are meaningless, because I really don't want to lvl any magika chars at the moment, and... well... kind of tired of being mediocre in the lategame PVE.

And the inventory management is a small hell... 15 chars with inventory ranging from 100 to 190, all 8 storage chests, ESO+ and I still have to transfer and sort stuff everyday.

Probably next year would be better, because I ll prepare beforehand. Was caught completely off guard with this event, since I haven't been around last year and never knew what kind of issues will appear
    Edited by NoTimeToWait on April 20, 2018 9:34AM
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait... there was an anniversary event?
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm not even doing the event anymore. Got boring in the first week already.
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Doing crafting dailies on 18 characters is not really fun, especially as it takes over 2 hours. After that I had no interest in playing anymore for the day :(

It wouldn't have felt compelled to do so many writs if there wasn't an exclusive motif in the boxes. For me that really took the fun out of the event.

Yesterday I gave up and decided to just buy the pages I was missing and now I'm done with the event and can finally do other things again, which are more fun.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Strykerous wrote: »
    Crafting takes up so many skill points it’s not even funny, then to top it off, you as a crafter have to keep up with the latest styles and motif crazes. I have most of the worm cult motifs, just need the gloves boots staves and there was a forth one. I will update this reply with the forth one soon. Point is I’m so burnt out that I am done crafting and motif hunting for quite a while. It doesn’t change the fact that I love this even though.
    You can do writs with no skills into crafting at all. Same chance for event boxes.
    Benefit is that its 6 very fast boxes
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Its encouraged me to do stuff I haven't done before so that can't be bad
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have had to buy literally half the damn book, which I may or may not be able to recoup my money on with the other motifs I have. This is with my for about half the event being able to spend literally all day farming on 5 characters. Yes, I am burnt out, and am looking forward to when I can actually play the damn game again and not these cyrodiil dailies.
    This, right here.

If they don't intend for people to be able to complete the set (of anything) in the event timeframe, with a reasonable playtime, then it should be that way across the board.

I completed one set, barely, with about 4 of those via trade. I have done well more than the average number of dailies to do so.

The free stuff is nice, but when you cross RNG with people trying to sell for absurd amounts (those will only go up after the event, as 100k listings will get pulled and doubled, as they know they'll eventually get it), it leads to situations like these.

If the intent it to finish over several iterations of the event, then they could implement that part a bit better. Per account drops, vs per character would actually alleviate some of this.

And while what @Beardimus is saying is spot on regarding why people should play, I think events like this lure people into the believe that if they don't complete it now, they may not get the chance to complete it at all. After all, who knows what the next iteration would bring, WC might not even drop then.

This is another area where a token system would be ideal. Earn so many, cash them in for what you need in order to finish things off. I won't even start on the inventory (Catch 22) aspect of things (definitely geared to get people to require ESO+, in half a dozen ways.)

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS