The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Has the Anniversary Event burnt you out?

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭

Has the Anniversary Event burnt you out? 393 votes

Yes
48%
driosketchrikimm16_ESOGilvothMoloch1514dodgehopper_ESODioraPinesyCaligamy_ESOboldfacedtypecalitrumanb14_ESODaveMoeDeeDysturbedCatsmoke14SteveCampsOutCpt_TeemoDarcyMardinRair.KitaniPhilhypeFaulgorYuls 190 votes
No
42%
dokupelaurajfTabbycatvailjohn_ESORiptideDoctor_Zeussdaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOOsteosPoisonedPaintwenchmore420b14_ESOSmaxxNemesis7884Stabbinachess1ukb16_ESOMorbeousGythralixieValveFlynchaubrey.baconb16_ESO 167 votes
I don't care
9%
ashenehb14_ESOBarskwisatzDiatonicPotenzaYukon2112DenniMyuuHulkHogaGraydonLonestryderAsysYigrokVictusVenscalN0TPLAYER2Wrecking_Blow_SpamLakeAriThearFakeFoxRaulhnajera 36 votes
  • MarleyRain
    MarleyRain
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I don't really feel the need to have all the motifs in the game, it's just not important to me. so I've just had fun getting all the free stuff and making money for my crafting fund for my army of alts.
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I am only doing crafting writs on two characters now. The dailies were getting old.
    PS4 Pro NA
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes
    Great threading. Yes. Should have increased the drop rate instead of extending a week. It's such a good way to get thos stupidly rare motifs I feel compelled to grind myself into unhappiness.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Spending 3 hours a day doing the dailies I cared to do (20 or so) was getting quite tedious. Especially since I wasn't getting much in the way of worm cult motifs. But then the day came when I scored a full book from one of my boxes and I rejoiced. Ever since I've only done writs and enjoyed what I got from them and just enjoyed the double xp. If I hadn't gotten that book though, this might have been a different story.
  • Nightfall12
    Nightfall12
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will say that i wanted to use the sweet cake xp bonus to lvl some alts, but i can't seem to break away from those daily boxes.
    Ummm stuff… about stuff…or something.
  • Sigma957
    Sigma957
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope , I am still quite enjoying it.
  • Fensuir
    Fensuir
    ✭✭
    Yes
    At first I'd do Cyrodiil villages every day and do writs, then I do only writs, now I only take writs on one day and do it the next day for double writs.

I'm thinking of utilizing the double XP now by grinding or raise crafting skills to 50
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Not at all . I don't grind boxes .
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes. I started out at 20-25 dailies, went up to 35, then to 50 and now im doing to about 25-30. Part of my problem is i have had really bad RNG the last 3 days making it harder and harder to even bother. The only reason im still messing with it is i have a goal of 13 more CP set before the XP ends and i might as well kill two birds with one stone since i can do most dailies in 5-7 minutes.
  • GeorgeBlack
    GeorgeBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I found a new enjoyment. Fightin in Cyrodiil while farming and doing dailies.
    PvP in caves. PvP on the road. PvP in towns.
    Throwing ppl in lava.
    I just dont kill those that dont fight back.

As soon as the event finishes and no ppl will be in these locations I will be bored and take another break from eso
    Edited by GeorgeBlack on April 20, 2018 5:15AM
  • ZiRM
    ZiRM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope.. I ran a few dailies and did some CP leveling but I took it easy because I like to have fun and not make it another job.
    Want to become Vampire? 5k @ZiRM in game.
    ESO Server Status. ( ^_^)o自自o(^_^ ) SkåL!!!!!
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    doing about 80 dailies per day recently
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No
    Not at all it's a break from the other stuff that burns you out. It's nice to do something different for a few weeks. After this it's back to the same old pvp AR grind.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on April 20, 2018 5:18AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    The extra week was completely unnecessary. If I have time Ill do one Bruma run on one toon.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    I'm doing fewer writs now (I get tired of that fast), but now I'm having fun leveling up skills on all my characters.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes...no...and now - i don't care...
    Edited by geonsocal on April 20, 2018 5:26AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    No
    I don't have the drive to farm the max. So I just do the dailies I feel like and have time for and consider all anniversary chests and loot as a bonus, instead of thinking about not gotten chests as missed/"lost" loot. So every missed possible daily I could have pushed myself to farm, regardless of if I found it fun or not, which would have let to burn out.

In the end they are just fun but optional fun pixels in a game, most of which i will never use anyway. No reason to stress myself out over or ruin the game I play for fun by farming it to death. Because really if the game stops being fun due to burn out and I don't feel like playing it anymore, what do I need the loot for that only has a function in said game? So I avoid that point (goes for all in game content (any game) with burn out risk).
    Edited by Orticia on April 20, 2018 7:22AM
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Good grief yes, but the money I'm making now that I've learned all the motif's on my crafter is awesome.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • LadyLethalla
    LadyLethalla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've done Cyro dailies while levelling a new character; I was doing Mage & Fighters Guild and Undaunted dailies and some of the DLC dailies, dropped that back to just Undaunted, and have since been struggling to do writs on 10 characters plus the occasional CWC crow daily on one or two of the toons that have it unlocked. What I'm struggling with more is damn inventory space... probably won't know what to do with myself come Tuesday lol.

x-TallyCat-x // PC EU DC - For the Covenant! // ESO Platinum trophy - 16th May 2017.
    Melbourne Australia - the land of Potato Internet.WTB ESO OCEANIC SERVER
  • maroite
    maroite
    ✭✭✭
    No
    I only believe the individual is responsible for whether they're burnt out or not. The event is just there. Ultimately people make the decision to do it every day, on all of their characters, and burn themselves out. No fault of the event.
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    Well...

At the beginning I wad farming dailies like crazy cause I really wanted that Worm Cult motif. I was doing some of them alone, or with a friend so he could share me some of his, crafting on all alts everyday... But after few days and only few Worm pages collected, I gave up.

I took 500k from bank and went for shopping to buy missining pages. After motif was complete, I stopped doing dailes and now I'm only doing daily crafting on one chatacter.

During the event I've also needed to make a mule alt, to store on her all other motifs which dropped from Anniversary boxes.

I didn't use the 100% XP buff from cake, because I play only one character who has 950 CP.
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Yes *twitch* need more dailies *twitch*
  • Charliff1966
    Charliff1966
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    Will be a while before i do another dailly.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Nope. Didn't do a thing i wouldn't normally do. 6 writs on my main and the odd daily.

Grinding / farming / greed ruin everything

Gaming should be fun, burn out from fun is an odd concept. I play when I'm burnt out lol to get in burnt.

People need priorities
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • frausty
    frausty
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I selected "yes" although burnt out is probably the wrong terminology.

I got to the point where I no longer cared about motif's for my master crafter which then evolved in to "I really need to play something else". I haven't logged on to ESO for a week now and have instead been enjoying Far Cry 5.

I think all the Anniversary event did for me is to remind me that I don't "have" to play ESO every day which in my mind is a good thing.

At some point though I am going to have to address my missing motifs only because my brain will be nagging me about it
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    Yes
    I really like the event; BUT I'm also happy when it's over ;)
    Have been doing writs on 8 chars and 3-4 Cyro Towns per day. On weekends I even did Cyro with 2-3 Chars. Gave me a lot CP, mats and motifs, I'm really happy that I was able to keep it up three weeks. But on next monday - enough is enough ;)
  • AndyMac
    AndyMac
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not really burnt out - but my toons would like their game life back - I do crafting writs daily but rarely any others.
    Andymac - Magicka DK - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No
    Honestly don't get half these comments. It starts to read like obsession / addiction or greed (if selling)

Not meaning to insult anyone whatsoever more genuine concern. I love this game so will never grind anything because i know that will be detrimental to my enjoyment of it, my downtime and longevity of play.

Playing content you don't like enough to 'burn out' or make you play another game or feel you've missed content you enjoy seems wild!!

Each to their own, ad I respect that.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    A little, but I started to roll it in and only do the crafting dailies after the extension was announced.

Taking some time to relax and catch up with other things until Summerset rolls around.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes
    I have had to buy literally half the damn book, which I may or may not be able to recoup my money on with the other motifs I have. This is with my for about half the event being able to spend literally all day farming on 5 characters. Yes, I am burnt out, and am looking forward to when I can actually play the damn game again and not these cyrodiil dailies.