Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Calling all healers, which Monster set will you be using after Summerset?

Bigevilpeter
Bigevilpeter
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As you guys know 2 handed staves will count as 2 set pieces, leaving healers to finally be able to use monster sets. So I want to get an idea of which sets you will use or think will be most popular with Summerset. Personally I think using a one piece that gives max magika and one that gives magika regen because I think the set effects are underwhelming, but I could be mistaken.
Edited by Bigevilpeter on April 15, 2018 9:54AM

Calling all healers, which Monster set will you be using after Summerset? 196 votes

Chokethorn
7%
itzskillzogAdzer2Dapper DinosaurkarpathiosBallcapForsakenSinAmdar_GodkillerTyharMAEKSydneyGreySparklyRookRaulhnajeraTheUndeadAmuletdyryan 14 votes
Earthgore
39%
CireousninibiniAllPlayAndNoWorkdennissomb16_ESOSheezabeaststarkerealmDedricusTroneonCîanaiDDemonhydrocynuspriforcepandoraderomanusKnowledgeimrednecksonKilnerdyneYinmaigaoPeekachu99MilwaukeeScottPink_Violinz 78 votes
Nightflame
6%
Lightspeedflashb14_ESOJoeSchlockKelcesElusiinRamiroCruzoXoelarasizererFroilflamesingKaxxiFacefisterStrychnosTiralna 12 votes
Sentinel
6%
DephyriusThrabenIruil_ESOKoensolAurielleElFonz0MaxwellCswirvelonestarrangercraigr02DoccEffBellamyCoggo 13 votes
Troll King
10%
BaalBarithdelclay23PC0523madchuska83RAB1979BeardimusWolfkeksMorgul667jlboozerfullheartcontainerjaws343josiahvaGhost12584SlackSkyIsTheLimit1206Chaos2088ZymcioFiedelstrichMaxJrFTWhungrymagpie 20 votes
Mix of two
9%
ashigrayes4evapolgarahShanjijriTazESOpaulsimonpsMrCray78meekeyceeBigevilpeterweg0TheHsNabelsgmxemilyhyoyeonarvillaYamiKurukujssriotWarbow7shaielzafineMerlinPendragon 19 votes
Other
20%
SoulshineAzuryaskoomatraitXuhoraSarevoccOcean_Charlie9Bald_templarGrabmooreEDS604Blackbird_VBananaGrimsethJoshuagm1991InarreKadoinFischblutAisle9davidcombs7Runefangmethod__01 40 votes
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earthgore
    Earthgore remains BIS for a lot of stuff, PVP included.
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Either Blood Spawn or Mighty Chudan, or maybe a mix.
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

In PvE is a massive single heal every 35 sec really useful??
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still undecided...
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    Numerikuu wrote: »

Ohh i really dig the Chudan set, would make the healer very tanky and templars don't have to use channeled focus, I think this is my new favorite option but bloodspawn?? how often can you take hits for 6% to be effective?
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on April 15, 2018 10:13AM
  • Numerikuu
    Numerikuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Numerikuu wrote: »

Ohh i really dig the Chudan set, would make the healer very tanky, but bloodspawn?? how often can you take hits for 6% to be effective?

Depends on the healer I'm playing tbh. On a templar healer I tend to be the one that ends up face tanking trash mobs or mobs a boss spawns, so the additional defense/ultimate from Blood Spawn would be nice for throwing out either War Horn or Light's Champion ultis.

Other than that, it'll mostly be Chudan or a mix. Depends on the team really. If it's a bunch of melee dps then maybe Sentinel, but I don't like the small range on it tbh.
    Edited by Numerikuu on April 15, 2018 10:17AM
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    5/5/1/1. I'll still run Master Resto/Maelstrom Destro. Maybe drop the Maelstrom Destro, but I have a hard time believing any 5 piece set will have enough up time by being only on the back bar.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Warden Ice Tank (By far my favorite) -RIP #Nerfmire
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Dragon Knight Healer (Since Homestead)
    Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer,
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

Playing BiS isn't impressive, playing unique at BiS lvl, THAT's impressive.

• Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    5/5/1/1. I'll still run Master Resto/Maelstrom Destro. Maybe drop the Maelstrom Destro, but I have a hard time believing any 5 piece set will have enough up time by being only on the back bar.

Personally I will use IA front bar and Malestrom resto backbar, that way I can get both effects and still have 2 moster set slots. I was going for Nightflame head and chokethorn shoulder but the guy with the Chudan Idea probably changed my mind
  • Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    Lightspeedflashb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nightflame
    same as i do now, bogdan on my Templar and sentinel on my warden.
  • edwiges
    edwiges
    Other
    In my Templar I'm thinking about Thurvokun because I can be supportive applying the Minor Maim and Minor Defile debuffing the enemies or Lord Warden in close fights for groups that need more defenses.
    For my healers from other classes I'm thinking about Earthgore.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Is night flame useful? It looks bad on paper.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    I'm still undecided...

Well also: what my raid lead tells me to, has some part in it ;-)
  • Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two
    Tasear wrote: »

Its only problem is its area of effect is too small, Its heal over time is really good and in trials it can be amazing and its the only moster set that can have 100% uptime.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It will probably depend on the situation.

Earthgore is nice to out heals mechanics or forgive stupid mistakes of allies. It's also good during burn phases in trials. There's pvp too.

Troll king I see this during larger arenas like the dragon in coa2 or ayslum. There's pvp too.

Chokethorn might be good if they fixed the targeting. It seemed so random. Might be good for reinforcing a squishy member.

Sentiental seems like the wises choice with heals and stamina support. It will work exceptionally well with melee dps, but not as well with range dps or Magicka dps. This might be fun set vAA to help tank.

I don't understand night flame.

• Armatesz
    Armatesz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently use 5 piece seducer for armor pieces and troll king for head and shoulder and rest way of martial knowledge. Likely when new chapter comes out I will likely switch martial knowledge for another set. Not sure which I will pick yet.
    Ärmätèsz
    Xbox NA
    Guildless (by choice)
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    There's some other nice sets besides heals ones.

Chudan can help death prone healers. There's also Lord warden Which is similar but supportive.

Thurvokun might be interesting on mage fight in vAA or pvp.

Bloodspawn sounds nice but that small proc ensures it's a tank set.
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Personally I will use IA front bar and Malestrom resto backbar, that way I can get both effects and still have 2 moster set slots. I was going for Nightflame head and chokethorn shoulder but the guy with the Chudan Idea probably changed my mind

Maelstrom Resto is a pale substitute for Master Resto and I'll not count on the procs of my off bar. Though it sounds like you Resto/Resto rather than Resto/Destro

Its only problem is its area of effect is too small, Its heal over time is really good and in trials it can be amazing and its the only monster set that can have 100% uptime.

I find the area to be too small as well. Troll King can also have 100% up time. Though things arent going well if it does. Unless you're in a burn phase. Sentinel too is too small, but the Stamina return makes it a little more worth while. Though I have run neither set in nearly a year.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer(solo tanked), Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe,Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Stormproof, Shehai Shatterer, Mageslayer, Ophidian Overlord, Assistant Alienist, Boethiah's Scythe, Maw of Lorkhaj Conqueror, Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor, Sunspire Saint,
    Others
    PvP StamDen, Warden Healer, MagDen, Stamplar, StamSorc, DK Failed Attempt, NB Failed Attempt

• Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two

Maelstrom Resto is a pale substitute for Master Resto and I'll not count on the procs of my off bar. Though it sounds like you Resto/Resto rather than Resto/Destro

Its only problem is its area of effect is too small, Its heal over time is really good and in trials it can be amazing and its the only monster set that can have 100% uptime.

I find the area to be too small as well. Troll King can also have 100% up time. Though things arent going well if it does. Unless you're in a burn phase. Sentinel too is too small, but the Stamina return makes it a little more worth while. Though I have run neither set in nearly a year.

Yes I use resto/resto since I can apply Aoe magika steal with radiant aura and tank applies major breech, don't need and destro skills.

Also master resto really doesn't give that much stamina unless you spam healing springs, malestrom resto help me sustain better

In general now its not very wise to use monster sets as a healer beacuse their bonuses are not worth losing a 5 set effect, but after summerset there will be no reason not to use it
    Edited by Bigevilpeter on April 15, 2018 11:53AM
  • Velvelya
    Velvelya
    ✭✭✭
    I've been using a monster set for like the last 2 years. Illambris or skoria... Offhand has cleanse and wall of elements to help clean up trash mobs.
  • Ladislao
    Ladislao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I use resto/resto since I can apply Aoe magika steal with radiant aura and tank applies major breech, don't need and destro skills.

And what about off-balance from Wall of Elements? Or your raid has maximum uptime from another sources?
    Everything is viable
  • Maura_Neysa
    Maura_Neysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

Also master resto really doesn't give that much stamina unless you spam healing springs, malestrom resto help me sustain better

In general now its not very wise to use monster sets as a healer beacuse their bonuses are not worth losing a 5 set effect, but after summerset there will be no reason not to use it

There will only be no reason to if you run 5/5/2. If you still run a Master/Maelstrom/Asylum then you you'll have to trust to proc sets. Personally I run a DK and its only getting better, so I will keep my Destro. So the only reason to drop my Master Resto would be to run Sentinel. However I dont much like the idea of not being able to control where or when I give stamina.
    Maiden Maura - Xbox NA
    Major
    Warden 2x Bow DPS
    Others

• Bigevilpeter
    Bigevilpeter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mix of two

There will only be no reason to if you run 5/5/2. If you still run a Master/Maelstrom/Asylum then you you'll have to trust to proc sets. Personally I run a DK and its only getting better, so I will keep my Destro. So the only reason to drop my Master Resto would be to run Sentinel. However I dont much like the idea of not being able to control where or when I give stamina.

True that's why I think Chudan or 1 and 1 are the best options based on the discussion here. Perhaps they can buff healing monster sets in the future
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Ladislao wrote: »

And what about off-balance from Wall of Elements? Or your raid has maximum uptime from another sources?

I mean technically it's only 15 secs on bosses now. Most of you don't use a charge staff anyways so it's wasted most the time. With enough sorcs it group then it should be fine. Still I am hypocrite because I use it.
    Edited by Tasear on April 15, 2018 12:07PM
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    Master's Resto.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other

You can in a way. If you are focused on melee dps of on tank then you are good. It's not like we don't stack all the time. But might be an issue if procs on pet.
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sentinel for Craglorn Trials
    Earthgore for MoL/HoF (An extra purge is an extra purge and those trials just hurt too much that the extra healing will most likely not go wasted either)
    Troll King for everything else
    Argonian forever
  • Yinmaigao
    Yinmaigao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

In PvE is a massive single heal every 35 sec really useful??

Not just the heal... the free purge is great too. Better than an extra chunk of magicka/crit/spell dmg imo.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sentinel
    I'll be using Sentinel on my SPC/Sanctuary Argonian Warden. One major thing that Warden healers lack compared to Templar healers is an equivalent to shards. Sentinel won't be as reliable as shards, obviously, but I like the fact that it restores stamina to the ENTIRE group. When I'm grouped up with Templar healers on stam DPS characters, I never feel comfortable activating the synergy on shards, as it's an unwritten rule that that synergy belongs to the tank. Wardens excel with group-wide buffs, so Sentinel feels like the obvious choice here.

EDIT: Also, NO ONE in my guilds runs DSA, so I haven't been able to get a Master resto staff and doubt I ever will. If Sentinel procs reliably, then it's a decent alternative to not having access to Master resto.

Edited by Aurielle on April 15, 2018 12:33PM
  • Liofa
    Liofa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Here is my setup for next patch .

5 piece SPC on the body . Lord Warden , Blood Spawn or Earthgore . 3 Aether/Jorvulds jewelry + Lightning Staff on back bar . Asylum Resto on the front .
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one that fits the color scheme of character.
    My templar healer will use trollking
    my nb healer will use earthgore
    my sorc healer will use lord warden
    my warden healer... will not use chokethorn because it is green, not teal!
    really, i dunno what use on warden healer.