Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Every Build Can Use a Monster Set with Summerset!

• N00BxV1
    N00BxV1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    taxi-drive-clap.gif
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Vampire Lord build just got a bit better..

YES!!!!!

:)
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can put a Monster set, clever alchamist, willpower, and a damage set on my toon haha.

Hmmm, on magsorc, bloodspawn, eye of mara (reduce resto staff cost by 12%, blessing of potentates (10% ult reduction) and seducer (8% cost reduction), powerstone passive 15% ult reduction.

Total ult reduction: 45% for resto ult, 55 ult cost. What could go wrong with that :wink:
  • Kodrac
    Kodrac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More build choices = more diversity = more good.
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well are all my VMA and AS weapons worthless now since id be missing out on a bonus?

I'm guessing so. As well as Master Resto.
    The Moot Councillor
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    *Happy wiggle*
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mzprx wrote: »
    Nestor wrote: »
    2 Handed Weapons now count as two slots

what is your source on that?

I think Wrobel told us. Which was kinda hilarious, because I was in Crag crafting TBS jewelry, and didn't even notice that my Hundings bow had double counted.
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor So can you do two glyphs on a 2H? When doing duel weapons they have separate glyphs. Just wondering if they worked that out.

Also understand if you say you can not answer.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: This is actually very scary change now that I think about it :D
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on April 3, 2018 4:25PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im a little slow today. Can someone explain how this works? For example if i equip saying a hundings bow do i get the 2 item bonus just from the bow? Can i have nirnhoned in slot 1 of the bow and sharpened in slot 2( offhand)? Can i have disease enchant in slot 1 and absorb stamina in slot 2? Explain please.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its good and all, HOWEVER I do feel its yet another nail in the coffin for DW Magika players. 5:5:2 is about all the setup still had really in its favour. Now that setup without the staff passives will be a bigger nerf.

PLEASE Zos, BUFF DW damage if you are going to do this.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    387463_original.gif
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please be a bit more precise when you say "vMA and AS weapons aren't useless now" :) does this mean, they are still okish because their effects are good for 1 piece or does this mean, that they have been buffed by giving them spell damage like they used to be ?
    Edited by Dracane on April 3, 2018 4:04PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm magplar will still use dual wield, until they somehow nerf twin blade a blunt, and extra damage you get from dual wielding.

Stamplar will use 5 WM with a Greatsword so we finally have an execute.

Stamsorc 5 VO with Greatsword.

MagDK 5 Moondancer thank God.
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Its good and all, HOWEVER I do feel its yet another nail in the coffin for DW Magika players. 5:5:2 is about all the setup still had really in its favour. Now that setup without the staff passives will be a bigger nerf.

DW is fine, or did they remove the Twin blade and blunt working for mag chars? Or did they nerf the extra spell/weapon damage from dual wield?
    Edited by Blackbird_V on April 3, 2018 4:07PM
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost staff tanks finally get actual parity with the SnB tanks. This is going to be a Balance nightmare. LOL
    I play how I want to.

• cazlonb16_ESO
    cazlonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dual wield, a STAMINA weapon set, being the best option for MAGICKA builds never made any sense in the first place, so let's not act like players would deserve any compensation for the change.

Giving dual wield a balancing pass for STAMINA players on the other hand I could get behind.
    Edited by cazlonb16_ESO on April 3, 2018 4:09PM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    image.gif?w=500&c=1
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can put a Monster set, clever alchamist, willpower, and a damage set on my toon haha.

Hmmm, on magsorc, bloodspawn, eye of mara (reduce resto staff cost by 12%, blessing of potentates (10% ult reduction) and seducer (8% cost reduction), powerstone passive 15% ult reduction.

Total ult reduction: 45% for resto ult, 55 ult cost. What could go wrong with that :wink:

You have listed:
    2 piece monster
    5 piece Mara
    5 piece Seducer
    3 piece Potentate

Not sure how you're planning to do that, but if you get it figured out do share.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • Emmagoldman
    Emmagoldman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back bar set ups will be super strong. Back bar set, 3 piece weapon set, monster helm, with another set. Maybe the new meta.

Eternal hunt, agility, spriggans and helm.

This is going to be hard to balance. In pvp and pve, though of coirse i cant see any pvers complain
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This will be nice...means I can finally run my Rattlecage/Medusa/Illambris combo for my magicka DK tank/DPS hybrid. having 100% uptime on major sorcery and minor force without having to waste the skill slots on igneous weapons/molten armaments and rearming trap is huge(though molten armanents will probably have to stay for increased heavy attack damage). Now, if only I can find a sustain solution now that they nerfed whip into the ground I will be golden....I will probably be forced to heavy attack 40% or more of the fights
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welp, there went an entire collection of Alcast videos.

Guy's going to be busy after the release of Summerset making new videos.

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How will it work? Can I just put Julianos set in my dropped set staves as a secondary set? Will workbenches be part of the system to add a second set in our already-gotten weapons?
  • srfrogg23
    srfrogg23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RANKK7 wrote: »
    2H will be two pieces?

And staves?

Yes. Staves and bows are also two-handed weapons.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    Faulgor wrote: »
    well are all my VMA and AS weapons worthless now since id be missing out on a bonus?

That was my first question as well. How will this work with 2H 1-piece sets like Maelstrom and Asylum weapons?
    Will they get a buff to make up for the lost set piece?

Yep, vMA and asylum weapons just got worse. Bad direction in my opinion.

Nope, I disagree. There are many people incapable of running vMA and/or trials. Giving them viable competitive options actually opens that content to them. For example, vMA is easy enough to me...as well as trials, but I cant STAND running vet trials because of the elitists who tell me I have to run this or that set and these skills just to get a spot....so I simply rarely run trials because I hate the enforced-meta attitude.

Besides that, I am always in support of ANYTHING that increases available build options, which this does nicely.
  • Zeni0s
    Zeni0s
    ✭✭
    3 Eternal Yokeda
    5 Phoenix
    1 MA lightin
    1 Eternal yokeda frost staff.

And... 2 Zaan on mBlade

Soon an @Alcast build.
    Edited by Zeni0s on April 3, 2018 4:34PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what? DW isnt a magicka weapon anyway, the ONLY reason anyone ever used it was for the extra slot and marginal extra damage anyway...now that they are finally correcting that little oversight DW magicka will become obsolete. The only niche slot this will really hurt is magicka DK since they did use the DW heavy attack to regain stamina which they need for melee fights, though the option is still available I guess
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    So can you do two glyphs on a 2H? When doing duel weapons they have separate glyphs. Just wondering if they worked that out.

Also understand if you say you can not answer.

@Grim13

No, they still take just one glyph. Remember, the off hand only has a chance to proc on dual wield (and I am not sure if you ever get both to proc on one attack anyway) and the Shield Glyph is an armor Glyph so it does not do direct damage increases. So, this was already balanced to that regard
    Edited by Nestor on April 3, 2018 4:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah great, even less thought going into builds now.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will it work? Can I just put Julianos set in my dropped set staves as a secondary set? Will workbenches be part of the system to add a second set in our already-gotten weapons?

You don't need to add a second slot, it just is. So, slot the Stave, you already have a 2 piece set bonus, just like if you slot two Daggers
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless ZOS reverses the Maelstrom weapons back to what they were before Morrowind.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA