The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Every Build Can Use a Monster Set with Summerset!

• josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How will it work? Can I just put Julianos set in my dropped set staves as a secondary set? Will workbenches be part of the system to add a second set in our already-gotten weapons?

My guess is that one 2handed weapon will simply count for 2 pieces of a given set. You have a lich staff? you get set bonus for 2 piece lich. You have a Sunderfame 2 hander? You get the 2-piece...there will be no mixing and matching of 2 different sets on one weapon...why would they do that? complicates things for no reason.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Yeah great, even less thought going into builds now.

Nick Konkle set the original balance for a reason and we will soon see why . People complain about damage being out of control now , just wait till a good theory crafter marks the meta .
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Its good and all, HOWEVER I do feel its yet another nail in the coffin for DW Magika players. 5:5:2 is about all the setup still had really in its favour. Now that setup without the staff passives will be a bigger nerf.

PLEASE Zos, BUFF DW damage if you are going to do this.

Dual wield, a STAMINA weapon set, being the best option for MAGICKA builds never made any sense in the first place, so let's not act like players would deserve any compensation for the change.

Giving dual wield a balancing pass for STAMINA players on the other hand I could get behind.

I disagree. It has enough disadvantages that it at least being on par would still be a challenge as you lose range and other perks.

If you don't like the idea of it that up to you, Gandalf rocks a sword and I prefer a battle age style of play than harry potter Wizards with wands.

Are you saying magika classes shouldn't use stamina abilities, and likewise stam classes not have magika ones? As that's pretty common place.

2H is so string right now i know mag players using that back bar and using skills. At least i just hold the swords and cast

Honestly in a game they are promoting Sorcs to tank the freedom to have two swords and play makes as much sense. Of I could shoot lightning out my hands for range id damn well want a sword for when things got close.

This weird notion that Wizards need to be Trail old blokes with wands is odd.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »
    Its good and all, HOWEVER I do feel its yet another nail in the coffin for DW Magika players. 5:5:2 is about all the setup still had really in its favour. Now that setup without the staff passives will be a bigger nerf.

PLEASE Zos, BUFF DW damage if you are going to do this.

So what? DW isnt a magicka weapon anyway, the ONLY reason anyone ever used it was for the extra slot and marginal extra damage anyway...now that they are finally correcting that little oversight DW magicka will become obsolete. The only niche slot this will really hurt is magicka DK since they did use the DW heavy attack to regain stamina which they need for melee fights, though the option is still available I guess

Why is that only for MagDK, we all used DW heavy to regain stamina, it's handy if you PvP.

What's your aim then, all builds to have one or two setups. If zos want diversity, DK healers and Sorc tanks, keepin DW viable is the least of your 'vison' issues of what's right

In game so vast this view of who can and can't use a Weopon is actually hilarious. Based off some odd image of Wizards from dungeons and dragons or something
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost staff tanks finally get actual parity with the SnB tanks. This is going to be a Balance nightmare. LOL

They need to speed up heavy attack for frost staves (and only frost staff) so that it's the same speed as a SnB heavy attack. Or reduce the (magicka) block cost further for Frost Staff tanks, it can be murder getting in a heavy attack for resources.

And a SnB tank still has a shield with an additional glyph providing a choice for resources/block reduction/mitigation etc.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The one advantage still in duel wield is it will let you mix and match sets.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What's your aim then, all builds to have one or two setups. If zos want diversity, DK healers and Sorc tanks, keepin DW viable is the least of your 'vison' issues of what's right

Why do you think DW is nerfed? Nothing in the changes says this. Just because they add another way to build your character does not mean something was taken away.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BY SIGMAR YES!
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Why do you think DW is nerfed? Nothing in the changes says this. Just because they add another way to build your character does not mean something was taken away.

It removes the necessity of majika builds to use a stam based weapon tree and while it's not a direct nerf , it's a game changer for sure . Indirect buff to staffs will lead to less use of duel wield .
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wrote absolutely nothing here. *cough*
    Edited by GaunterODim on April 3, 2018 5:05PM
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Brilliant news.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It removes the necessity of majika builds to use a stam based weapon tree and while it's not a direct nerf , it's a game changer for sure . Indirect buff to staffs will lead to less use of duel wield .

Which I always thought was dumb anyway. Hey, let's weave in a light attack using a weapon that gives me so much less damage compared to something I should be using so I can have a little more skill damage...

So, yes it's a game changer, and finally Casters will be able to have more powerful LA's and HA's and not feel they are sacrificing skill damage.

• TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    How will it work? Can I just put Julianos set in my dropped set staves as a secondary set? Will workbenches be part of the system to add a second set in our already-gotten weapons?

You don't need to add a second slot, it just is. So, slot the Stave, you already have a 2 piece set bonus, just like if you slot two Daggers

You´re right. That the logical approach. I was just so happy with this addition that became confused :D
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    well are all my VMA and AS weapons worthless now since id be missing out on a bonus?
    Unless ZOS reverses the Maelstrom weapons back to what they were before Morrowind.

They could. These plans indicate them reversing Shadow Image to no longer require a target like it was before (correct me if I am wrong).
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    angels came down and sung to me...they said that the forums would give me great news....

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!

WHEN I GET HOME @ZOS_GinaBruno IM BUYING SOMETHING WITH MY LAST 800 CROWNS! SHOOT I MIGHT EXTEND MY SUBSCRIPTION FOR THE YEAR
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    6b9.jpg
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unless you use asylum. Or maelstrom. Or master. In which case nothing matters.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FakeFox wrote: »
    Yeah great, even less thought going into builds now.

Nick Konkle set the original balance for a reason and we will soon see why . People complain about damage being out of control now , just wait till a good theory crafter marks the meta .

I'm not looking forward to this. In pve it'll be bad. In pvp, even worse. Glad I don't feel any commitment to stick with this game beyond getting my money's worth out of the expansion.

i can already think of some 1xV builds that will benefit disproportionately from this.
    Edited by jssriot on April 3, 2018 5:29PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • firedrgn
    firedrgn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did u all hear la and heavy gping to scale with magic amd stam.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    AlnilamE wrote: »
    well are all my VMA and AS weapons worthless now since id be missing out on a bonus?

I'm guessing so. As well as Master Resto.

I'm going to wait for more news before concerning myself overmuch, but let's just say I'm glad I kept resto staves of all my healer sets xD as well as IA.
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noob question incoming: if staves count as 2h, this means staves from 5piece sets will count as 2 equipped set items?
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a 2H/Bow user all i can say is.....

pwuUxtn.gif

This patch really gonna shake the game up!
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2x Ilambris
    5x Julianos (main pieces)
    5x Infallible Aether (jewelry, front bar weapon)
    vMA staff back bar

Maybe now I will be able to crack the 30k mark with non-pet sorc without pots.
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frost staff tanks finally get actual parity with the SnB tanks. This is going to be a Balance nightmare. LOL

They need to speed up heavy attack for frost staves (and only frost staff) so that it's the same speed as a SnB heavy attack. Or reduce the (magicka) block cost further for Frost Staff tanks, it can be murder getting in a heavy attack for resources.

And a SnB tank still has a shield with an additional glyph providing a choice for resources/block reduction/mitigation etc.

Not true...if you are using and ice staff as your sole tanking weapon(NOT ideal, I do NOT recommend that idea) then you will be required to slot inner fire or one of its morphs for those times you need faster taunt....but then you run into the real problem with ice staff as a sole tanking weapon...the taunt does not de-buff, so you have to find some other way to apply major fracture and major breach...you will lose access to the only non-class reflect in the game...as well as access to the ult-generating heroic slash...AND you will have no way to generate stamina through heavy attacks(unless your backbar is a 2 hander or bow) which a tank still needs to dodge roll and sprint...in other words...you gimp youself...you will not be on a par with a 1H&S. However, this change will allow my current tank build of 1H&S front bar with ice staff backbar to be marginally more useful(I don't lose much utility when I swap to the Ice staff as is, but I wont lose any at all with this change)
  • nalimoleb14_ESO
    nalimoleb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I’m very excited for “no more deadslot”, since this will allow for 5/3/2/2 builds, I really hope ZOS will consider buffing Maelstrom/Master weapons as a result, if not I’m not really understanding the use for them as a lot of players utilized them for 5/3/2 builds to accommodate for the deadslot. This change is great for diversifying builds without needing to fight for a spot in elitist trial groups or headbashig solo content, but not so much for making it worth grinding difficult content to obtain high end gear if it’s more beneficial to...well...not.
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're telling me I can now combine my Intricate build with Trainee set?!
    3GgOk.gif
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

Not true...if you are using and ice staff as your sole tanking weapon(NOT ideal, I do NOT recommend that idea) then you will be required to slot inner fire or one of its morphs for those times you need faster taunt....but then you run into the real problem with ice staff as a sole tanking weapon...the taunt does not de-buff, so you have to find some other way to apply major fracture and major breach...you will lose access to the only non-class reflect in the game...as well as access to the ult-generating heroic slash...AND you will have no way to generate stamina through heavy attacks(unless your backbar is a 2 hander or bow) which a tank still needs to dodge roll and sprint...in other words...you gimp youself...you will not be on a par with a 1H&S. However, this change will allow my current tank build of 1H&S front bar with ice staff backbar to be marginally more useful(I don't lose much utility when I swap to the Ice staff as is, but I wont lose any at all with this change)

Just so you know, all the Testers, had the same opinion on Ice Staffs and the Taunt thing. Which was an overwhelming no to Taunts or at least make it a Morph choice. The Devs were kind of nodding their heads. So, maybe we will get our Ice Staffs back. Maybe.

• radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, great news again! I hope there is no catch, like sets getting nerfed is there??
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Noob question incoming: if staves count as 2h, this means staves from 5piece sets will count as 2 equipped set items?

Of course, so a stick and 3 clothing pieces. And, remember you can craft jewelry, so that can be the clothing part.

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bit of a nerf to Master and VMA weapons though. If you think about it, if you are using them, other builds will be able to get the benefit of 2 full 5 pc sets and a Monster set or a front bar set, a back bar set, a monster set and a 2pc jewellery set WITH STAVES. You'll only get a Monster set, a 5 pc set and 3 slots left after your special weapon sets/1 pc sets.

This will cause a massive imbalance, I'm not too sure about it unless someone can explain better? Some classes, certain playstyles are gonna be a headache.
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on April 3, 2018 6:05PM
    PC EU