The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Every Build Can Use a Monster Set with Summerset!

• Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a nerf to Master and VMA weapons though. If you think about it, if you are using them, other builds will be able to get the benefit of 2 full 5 pc sets and a Monster set or a front bar set, a back bar set, a monster set and a 2pc jewellery set. You'll only get a Monster set, a 5 pc set and 3 slots left after your special weapon sets/1 pc sets.

This will cause a massive imbalance, I'm not too sure about it unless someone can explain better? Some classes, certain playstyles are gonna be a headache.

The testers avoid any questions regarding vMA and AS weapons for some reason. Perhaps they are not allowed to name what's the point of using these weapons anymore.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    Bit of a nerf to Master and VMA weapons though. If you think about it, if you are using them, other builds will be able to get the benefit of 2 full 5 pc sets and a Monster set or a front bar set, a back bar set, a monster set and a 2pc jewellery set. You'll only get a Monster set, a 5 pc set and 3 slots left after your special weapon sets/1 pc sets.

This will cause a massive imbalance, I'm not too sure about it unless someone can explain better? Some classes, certain playstyles are gonna be a headache.

The testers avoid any questions regarding vMA and AS weapons for some reason. Perhaps they are not allowed to name what's the point of using these weapons anymore.

Hmm

Maybe it's something big eh. Like it's deconstructed into a passive or glyph or something like that.
    PC EU
    Options
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    josiahva wrote: »

Not true...if you are using and ice staff as your sole tanking weapon(NOT ideal, I do NOT recommend that idea) then you will be required to slot inner fire or one of its morphs for those times you need faster taunt....but then you run into the real problem with ice staff as a sole tanking weapon...the taunt does not de-buff, so you have to find some other way to apply major fracture and major breach...you will lose access to the only non-class reflect in the game...as well as access to the ult-generating heroic slash...AND you will have no way to generate stamina through heavy attacks(unless your backbar is a 2 hander or bow) which a tank still needs to dodge roll and sprint...in other words...you gimp youself...you will not be on a par with a 1H&S. However, this change will allow my current tank build of 1H&S front bar with ice staff backbar to be marginally more useful(I don't lose much utility when I swap to the Ice staff as is, but I wont lose any at all with this change)

Just so you know, all the Testers, had the same opinion on Ice Staffs and the Taunt thing. Which was an overwhelming no to Taunts or at least make it a Morph choice. The Devs were kind of nodding their heads. So, maybe we will get our Ice Staffs back. Maybe.

Can you please clarify this statement? You think they might improve ice staffs as a tanking weapon, or you think they are going to make ice staffs actual destruction staffs again?
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well are all my VMA and AS weapons worthless now since id be missing out on a bonus?
    Vma will still be good since vma is on back bar, perfect asylum, not so much.

Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ANGEL_BtVS wrote: »

Can you please clarify this statement? You think they might improve ice staffs as a tanking weapon, or you think they are going to make ice staffs actual destruction staffs again?

We all complained, they listened and said hmmmm. Were the nods acknowledgement that they heard us or agreed with is remains to be seen. But, not one tester said Ice Staff Taunt is a good thing, and most opinions were far more negative than that.

Thing is, they want all classes to be viable at all roles, so I think the Ice Staff thing was a step towards that for Tanking. But in my opinion, it is not a step in the right direction for the staff.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES!!!!
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noob question incoming: if staves count as 2h, this means staves from 5piece sets will count as 2 equipped set items?
    Yes. So one staff = 2 piece of whatever it is.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not really sure how I feel about this. One thing is for certain though, this will force many players to rework their builds. PvP and PvE. I'm curious how this will be balanced.

Also, that means if you want to use dual wield you have to pay double the mats than for a 2h, for the same result.

Pve not really, just regear. Pvp yeah, i can see magplar get a destro front bat, about time.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Noob question incoming: if staves count as 2h, this means staves from 5piece sets will count as 2 equipped set items?
    Yes. So one staff = 2 piece of whatever it is.
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    radiostar wrote: »
    Wow, great news again! I hope there is no catch, like sets getting nerfed is there??

I'll bet there will indeed be balancing. Can't let magicka players have it that easy! xD
    Options
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a nerf to Master and VMA weapons though. If you think about it, if you are using them, other builds will be able to get the benefit of 2 full 5 pc sets and a Monster set or a front bar set, a back bar set, a monster set and a 2pc jewellery set WITH STAVES. You'll only get a Monster set, a 5 pc set and 3 slots left after your special weapon sets/1 pc sets.

On my healer where I use a master resto and vma destro idk yet what I will change since we often wear 5pc spc and then another 5pc set (worm, mender, jorvulds), but I might be able to work it around to get some more crit or magicka.
    I'm already starting to get ideas for my sorc and Magblade though...but waiting for more info...
    Options
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL...it's already Elder Staves Online so they made staves even better?
    Options
  • Sordidfairytale
    Sordidfairytale
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also, that means if you want to use dual wield you have to pay double the mats than for a 2h, for the same result.

As it stands now, dual wield has the benefit of a second trait option, second glyph, and faster heavy attacks. That being said, I would agree to a slight increase in material cost for 2H weapons.
    The Vegemite Knight

"if the skeleton kills you, your dps is too low." ~STEVIL

The Elder World of WarScrollCraft Online ~joaaocaampos
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More we don't think there is anything to really discuss. They were there, and the Theorycrafters that were present were using them on some of the builds they were trying and other stuff too. All the numbers they were generating were on par with each other.

Don't know why when more choices are added to how you build your character it automatically means other things now suck.

Options
  • Yolokin_Swagonborn
    Yolokin_Swagonborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So 1pc shacklebreaker will give you weapon damage?

Will every 2h weapon give you the first 2pc bonus just for slotting it?

Hey odious people who only play this game to manipulate the economy! Time to start hoarding Agility/willpower 2h weapons! Also, please go back to EvE.
    Edited by Yolokin_Swagonborn on April 3, 2018 7:07PM
    Options
  • HeroUndying
    HeroUndying
    ✭✭✭
    So 1pc shacklebreaker will give you weapon damage?

Will every 2h weapon give you the first bonus just for slotting it?

If every 2h weapon counts as 2 set pieces, it does stand to reason that what you're asking will be the case
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bit of a nerf to Master and VMA weapons though. If you think about it, if you are using them, other builds will be able to get the benefit of 2 full 5 pc sets and a Monster set or a front bar set, a back bar set, a monster set and a 2pc jewellery set WITH STAVES. You'll only get a Monster set, a 5 pc set and 3 slots left after your special weapon sets/1 pc sets.

Unless you back bar a set.

Like I’ve been using
    3 Viper Jewelry 2 Body
    4 Morkuldin Body 1 Bow
    1 Domihaus
    1 Maelstrom 2h Axe

Now I can run
    3 Viper Jewelry 2 Body
    3 Morkuldin Body 1 Bow(Now completes Morkuldin)
    Troll King
    1 Maelstrom 2h Ax

I lose 129 WD back Bar but gain full monster set

Worth it IMO
    Options
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So happy! My nutty sorc can have her ugly Ilambris set back now and this time she can cover it up with the outfit system xD. It's going to be very interesting to see the creative ways players use sets. Can't wait for PTS...
    PC EU & NA
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

More we don't think there is anything to really discuss. They were there, and the Theorycrafters that were present were using them on some of the builds they were trying and other stuff too. All the numbers they were generating were on par with each other.

Don't know why when more choices are added to how you build your character it automatically means other things now suck.

Because in my opinion, these weapons then loose their potency. Why would I keep my Asylum staff, if I can have a more potent 4 and 5 piece set effect ? What I'm saying, is that these weapons should be adjusted in order for people not to feel like they are missing out on too much.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Because in my opinion, these weapons then loose their potency. Why would I keep my Asylum staff, if I can have a more potent 4 and 5 piece set effect ? What I'm saying, is that these weapons should be adjusted in order for people not to feel like they are missing out on too much.

So you missed the first paragraph where I said the builds using these weapons were on par with all the other things they were trying?

Not sure why I post things sometimes.....

Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So you missed the first paragraph where I said the builds using these weapons were on par with all the other things they were trying?

Not sure why I post things sometimes.....

You said that and I saw it. But it's a very vague statement I think. I will wait for the pts and see what we really got.
    Right now, having a 2nd 5 set piece seems much more attractive to me, as far as my main bar is concerned.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YAAASSSS!!!!
    My magicka peeps will finally be as good as my dual wielders!
    Options
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    josiahva wrote: »

Not true...if you are using and ice staff as your sole tanking weapon(NOT ideal, I do NOT recommend that idea) then you will be required to slot inner fire or one of its morphs for those times you need faster taunt....but then you run into the real problem with ice staff as a sole tanking weapon...the taunt does not de-buff, so you have to find some other way to apply major fracture and major breach...you will lose access to the only non-class reflect in the game...as well as access to the ult-generating heroic slash...AND you will have no way to generate stamina through heavy attacks(unless your backbar is a 2 hander or bow) which a tank still needs to dodge roll and sprint...in other words...you gimp youself...you will not be on a par with a 1H&S. However, this change will allow my current tank build of 1H&S front bar with ice staff backbar to be marginally more useful(I don't lose much utility when I swap to the Ice staff as is, but I wont lose any at all with this change)

Just so you know, all the Testers, had the same opinion on Ice Staffs and the Taunt thing. Which was an overwhelming no to Taunts or at least make it a Morph choice. The Devs were kind of nodding their heads. So, maybe we will get our Ice Staffs back. Maybe.

I will bet not one of the testers actually plays a tank with a back-bar ice staff. I love the extra tools it brings to the table...I dont mind them taking it away from the ice-staff as long as they give us another ranged magicka tanking weapon to replace it...otherwise its a nerf to PvE tanks that isnt needed. Give me an alteration staff with the same skills and you can have your sub-par ice staff back as DPS and people will continue to not use it for that function. This is just the thing..people complain about the ice staff not being a DPS weapon...but long before they reworked it as a tank weapon no one used it for DPS...its always been flame or lightning, and unless they majorly rework the ice staff and drop the focus on CC, it will continue to be ignored. DPS don't care about CC. Why use a CC staff when you can choose an AoE or single target staff instead? Your tank will take care of the CC after all. I don't see the ice staff being viable unless they drop the CC element from it entirely...except as it is...a tanking weapon.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL @ all the clowns who posted "dead horse" memes whenever this long-standing issue was mentioned!

Thank you @ZOS for doing the right thing :smile:
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »

Lol what? Stam is so much better than mag since morrowind.
    Options
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Luckily for stam toons, these changes really only effect body pieces. Switching out NMG for TFS on the body is a simple switch. For mag toons, entire builds are going to need to be reevaluated and re-structured from the ground up to account for the ability to run 2 5 piece sets on one bar. It will be interesting to see what healers do. I like the idea of running earthgore without losing a 5 piece set or even running a damage monster set to aid in DPS.

Personally, I want to attempt to run Master Architect, SPC, and Bloodspawn on my Warden healer for increased tree ults and MA uptime. Even Thurvokun could be interesting, providing minor maim to nearby enemies in a Trial is extremely helpful.
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well are all my VMA and AS weapons worthless now since id be missing out on a bonus?

The trial sets, which are natural companions to those weapons, have their best bonus on the 4th piece.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options
  • Yakidafi
    Yakidafi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Yakidafi on April 3, 2018 8:48PM
    Moons and sands shall be your guide and path.
    PC EU/NA
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

What's your aim then, all builds to have one or two setups. If zos want diversity, DK healers and Sorc tanks, keepin DW viable is the least of your 'vison' issues of what's right

Why do you think DW is nerfed? Nothing in the changes says this. Just because they add another way to build your character does not mean something was taken away.

It removes the necessity of majika builds to use a stam based weapon tree and while it's not a direct nerf , it's a game changer for sure . Indirect buff to staffs will lead to less use of duel wield .

Thanks Ali, that covers it. @nestor the passive buff to inferno etc wasn't a nerf to DW per say but another reason not to run it. Now with everyone 5:5:2 the reason to remain with a niche / interesting playstyle is less. Switch to inferno (i don't wanna) and i gain 8% single target damage and keep 5:5:2
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    krachall wrote: »

Lol what? Stam is so much better than mag since morrowind.

He's a time traveler from 2014.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
    Options