The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Every Build Can Use a Monster Set with Summerset!

• Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enslaved wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Might be alone on this, but i dislike it. Its a massive buff for sorcs.

Huh? 2H and Bow are pretttttty popular and powerful right now.

As 99% of PvPers already know, bow of choice for PvP is master bow.
    When it comes down to 2h melee weapons, its asylum axe or sword.
    Please, do show me what 5pc set could make these obsolete.

Hundings Rage, Heem Ja's, Vicious Ophidian, Senche, Spriggan, Automaton. There's a few there.

Almost twice as good as Agility and an Asylum 2H.

Automaton in PvP. Selfhealing = zero. Solid damage, I guess
    Spriggan in PvP. Great when facing CP 120 in light armor. Useless on tanks
    Senche in PvP. Already using in on sNB, nice set.
    Hundings. Nice damage and some heals, sadly no stats to be viable enough in PvP.
    VO. Cant see why would one use it in PvP.

What Asylum give you compared to any 5th bonus of these sets is dawnbreaker spammability. Pretty nice on any class, I guess.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pet Magicka Sorcerer: 5 Necropotence 5/3 Mechanical Acuity w Maelstrom 2 Ilambris. Since none of your gear provides Spell Critical bonuses you can only hit a maximum or 42% - 10% by default, 12% from CP:Apprentice:Spell Precision, 10% from Light Armor:Concentration and 10% from Major Prophecy. With Mechanical Acuity you can practically buff that to around 55-58%, and proc it on the front bar right as you swap, then cast your pet and 2 heavy attack for a nice damage boost; also your LL and Blockade will have most of their ticks on front bar as well so the damage increase may be substantial.

Stamina Sorcerer 2H DD: 5 Twice-Fanged Serpent 5/3 Vicious Serpent w Maelstrom bow 2 Velidreth/Stormfist/Selene. Would be quite nice to have VO at least on the front bar due to the likely change towards more LA in rotation - see the proposed change to Bound Armaments. LA take the same amount of time to weave regardless of weapon used but 2H:Forceful will allow those to hit up to 3 targets, and Battle Rush will increase your stamina recovery by 30% after killing a target, so the AoE and sustain will me really nice. It will probably outperform the special 2H such as Master and Asylum in some situations.

Templar/Warden healer: 5 Spellpower Cure 5 Mending or Worm Cult or Infallible Mage etc 2 Earthgore or Lord Warden or Troll King or Sentinel of Rkugamz in medium/heavy. Sentinel will beat Master resto in terms of stamina restored, and, since the healer usually stacks with the DDs Lord Warden will be much more useful - mine is Breton so she'll be easily at the spell resistance cap with that. I already have SPC Restoration and Lightning so it's quite easy to swap my build to that since I'll only replace my SPC hat and epaulets with those monster sets.

DK/Warden tank: 5 Alkosh (3 jewels, 2 armor) 2 Maelstrom 1H+S 3/5 Akaviri Dragonguard (back bar ice/lightning staff or 1H+S) and 2 Bloodspawn or Thorvulkun or Lord Warden or Earthgore or 1 Choklethorn and 1 Shadowrend etc. If you backbar warhorn you only need Dragon there and you'll proc it with the 15% cost reduction (from 250 to 213 ultimate). Also the Maelstrom will allow great magicka and stamina sustain with the low slash. Also the new jewelry transmute system will allow you to change the trait on Alkosh jewels from Robust to Healthy or Infused or Triune which are arguably more useful for a tank.
    Edited by Asardes on April 4, 2018 1:38PM
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • jaws343
    jaws343
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Might be alone on this, but i dislike it. Its a massive buff for sorcs.

Huh? 2H and Bow are pretttttty popular and powerful right now.

As 99% of PvPers already know, bow of choice for PvP is master bow.
    When it comes down to 2h melee weapons, its asylum axe or sword.
    Please, do show me what 5pc set could make these obsolete.

If you really wanted the ult gen that the Asylum two hander provides, you could just run a 5 piece damage set and run 5 piece werewolf for the ult gen plus an extra weapon damage and health bonus. For PVP, this could actually provide more utility than the Asylum.

Or craft Tava's Favor instead of wearing Werewolf. On a Stamblade, tava's could proc constantly and provide far more ultimate than the Asylum.
    Edited by jaws343 on April 4, 2018 1:20PM
  • Uviryth
    Uviryth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please make it so that Crafted Bows are closer to Maelstrombow. I hate Maelstrombow.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    It also seems to be a nerf to any Master, VMA, Asylum weapon. These are strong, but most arent 5th piece bonus strong.
    Buffing characters that don't have Master, VMA or Asylum weapons does not "nerf" those weapons. It just means people who don't have those weapons will be a bit stronger. That's not the same as nerfing those weapons. You'll still be just as strong as you were before. Just because other people will be stronger doesn't mean that your DPS will suddenly drop. It just means that other characters will be able to catch up to you a little bit on DPS and not be so far behind.

@SydneyGrey
    You are arguing semantics. It is an indirect nerf to these weapons for sure. Of course, this doesnt actually make them weaker, but it's effectively a nerf. You could also call it a buff to every 5 piece set in the game.

With any gear choice, you have to compare whatever you might choose to slot to the alternatives. VMA weapons just became weaker when compared to the field of alternative choices because most of these weapons cant compete against a 5 piece bonus. Call it whatever you want.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on April 4, 2018 8:31PM
  • josiahva
    josiahva
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Dracane wrote: »

I will bet not one of the testers actually plays a tank with a back-bar ice staff. I love the extra tools it brings to the table...I dont mind them taking it away from the ice-staff as long as they give us another ranged magicka tanking weapon to replace it...otherwise its a nerf to PvE tanks that isnt needed. Give me an alteration staff with the same skills and you can have your sub-par ice staff back as DPS and people will continue to not use it for that function. This is just the thing..people complain about the ice staff not being a DPS weapon...but long before they reworked it as a tank weapon no one used it for DPS...its always been flame or lightning, and unless they majorly rework the ice staff and drop the focus on CC, it will continue to be ignored. DPS don't care about CC. Why use a CC staff when you can choose an AoE or single target staff instead? Your tank will take care of the CC after all. I don't see the ice staff being viable unless they drop the CC element from it entirely...except as it is...a tanking weapon.

That is why I think it should be a Morph with one choice to be a Taunt, the other to be DPS related. And, all Staffs (Staves) have CC.

One thing to remember, they are working to make all classes be viable for all roles. So, I see a migration to each of the current class lines being set up to serve each of the roles. To an extent. So, if they fully realize the dream, you won't need the Ice Staff to taunt, you will have a skill in each class that does that, or a skill that is accessible to all classes that does that. Kind of like Inner Fire does now that any class can use.

They might as well do away with classes entirely then and just have world skill lines with generic abilities to chose from. Why would you have 5 different classes if 90% of their abilities are the same with different names? I have no particular opinion on whether de-classification would be a positive or a negative, just pointing out that this is what you are suggesting.
  • raj72616a
    raj72616a
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    now the best thing is that: i can decon/vendor all head and shoulder set pieces that is not a monster set since we wont be using them any more.