The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS NERF: Earthtear Cavern Changes... Noooooooooo :(

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, there's no way this is still a problem, right? This is just mystifying. After all this time and all the other fixes they've made from the same timeframe, it still rains in Earthtear cavern, and no one will tell us why. This house costs like a hundred dollars, right? What the hell.

Edit: Crap just realized there's a more recent thread on this. This one came up first when I was searching.
    Edited by psychotrip on March 28, 2018 1:50AM
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »
    Wait, there's no way this is still a problem, right? This is just mystifying. After all this time and all the other fixes they've made from the same timeframe, it still rains in Earthtear cavern, and no one will tell us why. This house costs like a hundred dollars, right? What the hell.

Edit: Crap just realized there's a more recent thread on this. This one came up first when I was searching.

Hey psychotrip. Yh it still rains inside Earthtear, also first pod in Goronir Estate, the Barns in Daggerfall Overlook and Serenity Falls, the Hagraven Excorcised Cottage, one of the buildings in the Forsaken Stronghold etc etc. Basically it rains inside any house that has an open window or doorway.

It also rains through ANY object you place, such as boulders, rocks etc.

After some investigating, I recently discovered this is a console bug (at least PS4). the Rain does NOT behave this way on either PC or the PTS, just console.

For some reason, no matter how many people comment on this, ZOS will not aknowledge or respond.

When Paraiahs Pinnacle went live, it rained inside there. Players complained and as it was a limited sale, it got fixed immediately, which just proved that ZOS could fix the rain on console if they wanted to, but they don't.
    Edited by MacCait on March 28, 2018 9:03AM
  • SlinkySlack
    SlinkySlack
    ✭✭✭
    (Also a cavern owner) It would be nice if the rain didn't go through placed objects, then I would not mind the rain at all. Rain ain't a problem, just an annoyance I presume. But the passing through object's is a very big problem, since it is not only rain, all your AOE's go through as well.

So building an nice "fighting ring" to high off the actual ground will cause all your AOE's to fall through the placed ground and might miss your target and/or you can not see it as it appears below ground. The red circle also falls through to the cavern ground. If you build too high up, the game will not let you place any AOE's at all, since the cavern ground is to far below.

Another thing totally apart from the semi permeable objects is the lack of the ability for combining multiple items into a single item. What I mean is lets say I use 10 stones to build stairs. I want the ability to combine the placed 10 stones into a single "stone staircase" all done while placed. If I take one out the combination all revert back to the 10stones. This way I use 1 slot for a 10step stair instead of 10 slots. Like placing apples in basket, 10 apples plus basket uses 11 slots. Place them and use combine, then that 11 slots become 1. Well something like this OR GIVE ME THE F00KING 5000 slots I need for the cavern.

My current limit = 700slots
    lighting uses 287slots
    plants and rocks= 356 slots.
    That leave me with a meager 57 slot.
    I am not even going to say anything about the silly 10 pet slots other that its just ridiculous.
    All my 700 slots is used up and I have only build a small section of the cavern. I have not even build 20% of the vision in my mind.

For the cavern I'll say a bare minimum of 2000 slot is needed. BARE MINIMUM. To be truly creative I need at least 4000slots. If I want to build my "own dungeon", 5000 slots seems realistic. Remember the cavern is high, stone steps uses up a lot of slots and wood planks looks ugly used for ramps.

This is my current thoughts about the cavern anyway.

EDIT for new suggestion.

Somehow it feels like I'm committing a sin against all of Tamerial for what I'm about to suggest.

How about a item creation or combine station, like the crafting stations but for furnishings. Using gold or crown store tokens one can combine, cut, modify and color owned items into new ones. That way ZOS makes money and we get personalized items that uses 1 slot and is made to fit whatever the need...

Sorry but I know ZOS will not comply unless its highly profitable, outfit station is my prime example. Asked to be able to morph gear, got outfit station with token system. So asking for "item creation" is a lot and it seems that a station using tokens is a sure way of getting such a system...

Forgive me for I have sinned...
    Edited by SlinkySlack on March 28, 2018 10:57AM
  • MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Also a cavern owner) It would be nice if the rain didn't go through placed objects, then I would not mind the rain at all. Rain ain't a problem, just an annoyance I presume.

Hi SlinkySlack. No offense but this is off topic. The topic are the changes in Earthtear (which were mostly resolved), and the bugs and issues that were not resolved.

As for the rain... The rain IS the problem, simply because it is a BUG on console. That's a part of this topic and thread. It occurred at Morrowind patch.
    But the passing through object's is a very big problem, since it is not only rain, all your AOE's go through as well.

So building an nice "fighting ring" to high off the actual ground will cause all your AOE's to fall through the placed ground and might miss your target and/or you can not see it as it appears below ground. The red circle also falls through to the cavern ground. If you build too high up, the game will not let you place any AOE's at all, since the cavern ground is to far below.

This is off topic as it regards AOE's going through objects, which is an entirely different topic and has been discussed elsewhere. It's not speciificaly related.
    Another thing totally apart from the semi permeable objects is the lack of the ability for combining multiple items into a single item. What I mean is lets say I use 10 stones to build stairs. I want the ability to combine the placed 10 stones into a single "stone staircase" all done while placed. If I take one out the combination all revert back to the 10stones. This way I use 1 slot for a 10step stair instead of 10 slots. Like placing apples in basket, 10 apples plus basket uses 11 slots. Place them and use combine, then that 11 slots become 1. Well something like this OR GIVE ME THE F00KING 5000 slots I need for the cavern.

This would be better put in a suggestion thread in housing where it may get noticed :)
    How about a item creation or combine station, like the crafting stations but for furnishings. Using gold or crown store tokens one can combine, cut, modify and color owned items into new ones. That way ZOS makes money and we get personalized items that uses 1 slot and is made to fit whatever the need...

Sorry but I know ZOS will not comply unless its highly profitable, outfit station is my prime example. Asked to be able to morph gear, got outfit station with token system. So asking for "item creation" is a lot and it seems that a station using tokens is a sure way of getting such a system...

Forgive me for I have sinned...

Again, this is off topic and a suggestion better suited for a suggestion thread.

Although this is an older thread, it's still relevant as there are issues that were not fixed... but it's still best to keep it on topic :)
  • Cyora
    Cyora
    Soul Shriven
    its 2020. I use the Earthtear Cavern. Honestly I still want those walls removed. ALSO i want a fix to the ropes. they just float in mid air. They arent even connected to anything.

Its been years later. Please make an update to this home. Its a great house. It needs to be updated.
  • Psiion
    Psiion
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Due to the age of this thread and the fact it may contain outdated information, we've gone ahead and closed it down. If anyone would like to continue discussion on this topic, please feel free to create a new thread with updated information.
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.