The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How do I kill a "Zerg?"

Pinja
Pinja
✭✭✭✭
There's like this horrible mindless creature with 30-40 heads running all over cyrodiil, treading over my connection, making me look mundane & stuff.
How do I get rid of it?
Pinja for Dual Wands.
Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerg is the PvP boss, better get a PvP raid together and start progressing.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't fight fire with fire , use water . If the majority of a faction is running to one castle , go behind them and take two of theirs .
  • badmojo
    badmojo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of defile, cc and AOE.
    [DC/NA]
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poison inject spam
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Build a competent, organized raid to fight the disorganized zerg.

That might be more work than you want to put in though.
  • enzoisadog
    enzoisadog
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't.
    NA-PC
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    ...with atomic bomb.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't kill a zerg, not entirely.

If you're doing small gang or solo gameplay then "winning" vs a zerg means getting kills and getting out alive.

This is how PvP works with sandbox style gameplay, it's all about choosing your fights and honing your skills in knowing when and how to GTFO. On the plus side at least if you die in ESO you lose nothing but some time in getting back to where the fighting is.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What kills the aoe spam cluster of players is player-player collision. They already added nuclear bombs, those groups are comprised of mostly nuclear bombs with mobile ground support.

I never understand the developer’s logic “Lets increase the damage output some more surely this will break up the clusters.” It’s like no one in the room went “But if you allow individual players to do more damage across multiple targets wouldn’t that make the groups of players which is comprised of individual players more effective?”
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    In Skyreach shields and AOEs are effective, try that.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Skyreach shields and AOEs are effective, try that.

you are still there?
  • Grampa_Smurf
    Grampa_Smurf
    ✭✭✭
    Found best thing to do with a zerg is run behind them taking out the slow fat kids.

Life isn't measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.
  • Tetrafy
    Tetrafy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bomber vanish out.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't fight fire with fire , use water . If the majority of a faction is running to one castle , go behind them and take two of theirs .

Just run on in there, its not only you who is getting the lag, they are as well. make yourself a bomb, or have an area attack on constant, that's what my fire dk does. :)
    "I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on if you mean zerg or organized large groups. A zerg gets chewed up fairly easily by another zerg and they can have fun butting heads that way, but a zerg versus an organized group needs every advantage they can get. Make sure you roll with your own 40-person group minimum, mostly ride around the edge of the fight on your mount so you can run away really fast if it looks like your side is going to lose, set up lots of siege to feel like you're contributing, and never go outside your own territory, otherwise they'll respawn too fast and you might not be able to overwhelm them with numbers.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Skander
    Skander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't anymore.

Zenimax saw to not let us kill zergs anymore
    I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
    -Elder Nightblades Online
    Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bring your own zerg
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun game: Make it through a zerg alive. Like, run right through the middle, see how far you can get.
    Edited by Marginis on March 26, 2018 5:51PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You have not enough minerals.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • jerj6925
    jerj6925
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pinja wrote: »
    There's like this horrible mindless creature with 30-40 heads running all over cyrodiil, treading over my connection, making me look mundane & stuff.
    How do I get rid of it?

Roll an OP Night Blade or a Sorc and problem solved.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope they’re not equipped with earthgore and time a few coordinated ults as they enter a chokepoint. Helps to start with sub assault for the aoe debuff. If it’s a faction stack though then good luck, you’ll be defeated by lag alone.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Talk ZOS into making PvE equivalents for all the alliance skills people need like Caltrops or War Horn and the zerging will stop. Zergs are a necessary evil for PvEers to get their PvP skills.
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minyassa wrote: »
    Talk ZOS into making PvE equivalents for all the alliance skills people need like Caltrops or War Horn and the zerging will stop. Zergs are a necessary evil for PvEers to get their PvP skills.

This. Thisthisthisthisthis. THIS. PVP is great and all, but remove the unique endgame rewards that are PVP or PVE only, and just make them unique endgame rewards. I'm sure the PVP base would like some of the high level armor us PVEers get just as much as us PVEers would like an alternative way to get Legate Black.

And it has the side benefit of reducing or eliminating zergs.
    Edited by Marginis on March 27, 2018 5:18PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »

This. Thisthisthisthisthis. THIS. PVP is great and all, but remove the unique endgame rewards that are PVP or PVE only, and just make them unique endgame rewards. I'm sure the PVP base would like some of the high level armor us PVEers get just as much as us PVEers would like an alternative way to get Legate Black.

Exactly what the shrinking PVP community of this game needs -- further ways to disincentivize participating in PVP!

No.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marginis wrote: »

Exactly what the shrinking PVP community of this game needs -- further ways to disincentivize participating in PVP!

No.

To be fair, it would also disincentivize participating in PVE, so that kinda balances out. Players would still be equally as likely to play the game modes they play already. Unless of course you think PVE is better and players only play the worse mode because they have to. If this is the case, why are we still pushing a bad game mode?

I guess it could also fracture the community a bit more, but 1. I don't care and 2. would it really? Would not being forced to do something make you more likely to want to do it? No idea, you should probably ask a psychologist instead of me.
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get a bigger Zerg.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.