Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which faction do you prefer and why?

Naughty_Ryder
Naughty_Ryder
✭✭✭
As the title says!
Edited by Naughty_Ryder on March 2, 2018 2:55PM
Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.

Which faction do you prefer and why? 483 votes

Aldmeri Dominion
37%
DarGomiSoleyabill_ESO2nexxus_ESOwayfarerxvailjohn_ESOsParkSnareEarrindodannymcgr81b14_ESOMarginisEthoirMeinChurroPlagueSDWhiteCoatSyndromeRebleetacakesb16_ESOAlienSlofSkayaqYakidafiNebthet78 182 votes
Daggerferll Covenant
30%
lordspyderAnimus-ESORDMyers65b14_ESOrusty_ESOAzuryagresiacTryxusAedhquadraxis666AllPlayAndNoWorkKoensolOkiirDatoliteBrother_Numsievrinethestud2012kari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOAektannphaneub17_ESOBlueViolet 145 votes
Ebonheart Pact
32%
GilvothKilandrosLonePiratessewallb14_ESOSkuawenchmore420b14_ESOKendaricMadyWillhelmBlackDaGhostDSUloKetarmishNifty2gMattock_Romuluswsmith97ub17_ESOThePaulrus94falcasternub18_ESOHortator Indoril NerevarHurbsterBloodWolfe 156 votes
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    AD 4 LYFEEEEEE
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Has Redguards and Hammerfell, also more importantly it is considered to be the alliance of Humanity. Since I played Halo and now Destiny a lot, I have a soft spot for fighting for Humanity against all who choose to destroy and/or enslave it. So DC is my 1st choice by far. EP would have to be 2nd as they have Nords and are pretty much like the "leave us the hell alone" alliance, however I do not like the slavery portion by the Dark Elves, however, it is only in House Telvanni (which isnt part of the Pact) and House Dres, meanwhile the rest of the Dunmer in EP outlawed slavery, and you do fight House Dres in a quest or 2 in EP so I guess at the end they are fine. Can't go AD, too much Skyrim and I dont like the idea of one of AD's goals is to make establishments that would make Humanity 2nd class citizens at best.

Edit: grammar
    Edit 2: wiki says that only Telvanni didn't join the Pact, at least we can still kick Dres's butt
    Edited by JobooAGS on March 6, 2018 6:18PM
  • Fvh09NL
    Fvh09NL
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    EP because Dunmer masterrace
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Dominion is led by a Queen that exemplifies the races arrogance and tendancy to warmonger with the justification of 'it's for their own good'. Combine this with secret police that are the Eyes of the Queen, and it becomes a horrible place to live. Any totilitarian society like the altmer's where speaking truth to power is forbidden is ultimately doomed to despotism.

Pact is ultimately good intentioned but is also horrible. Racist Nords. Racist Dunmer. Xenophobic Argonians, the third to the point of where they'll end you if you venture in too deep. It wouldn't know what to do if it -won- the war, much less stop infighting long enough to do it.

Covenant may be war criminals but compared to mass infant slaughter and raising the dead their crimes are fairly individualized and mundane. Are they completely in the right? No. But their as close as it'll get to the empire in the meantime. They just wanna be empire 2.0, and that's all they need to be.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on March 2, 2018 3:06PM
  • Hurtfan
    Hurtfan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    EP always, will never faction hop...I honestly picked EP because of the dragon logo, and I like grouping with my PvP, all EP guilds. The people are great, with a few exceptions, but those exceptions are usually dirty faction hoppers.

Congratulations to EP, PS4, Vivec, for a 30 day campaign victory.

For the Pact!
    Keyboard not found, press any key to continue
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Ebonheart Pact because my first character was Pact before One Tamriel, and thus all of my friends and guilds are also Ebonheart Pact.

I've also joined PVP guilds that insist on alliance loyalty, so I've just continued with the Pact and continue to enjoy it.
  • KiraTsukasa
    KiraTsukasa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Most of my characters are Ebonheart because my friends who used to play were Ebonheart.

However, I do like the Aldmeri queen. Her attitude is a refreshing change from the standard pompous *** model.
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    My first character was AD, pre 1T if you wanted to play with friends and they were alliance X, you had to be alliance X. I like that AD in this era, some of their ideologies aren't the best. But I do get a bit miffed when I realize that the AD of now is the Thalmore of Skyrim and I hate the Thalmore. I seriously have to hesitate to not attack the Thalmore on sight in this game, old habits die hard.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Dominion is led by a Queen that exemplifies the races arrogance and tendancy to warmonger with the justification of 'it's for their own good'. Combine this with secret police that are the Eyes of the Queen, and it becomes a horrible place to live. Any totilitarian society like the altmer's where speaking truth to power is forbidden is ultimately doomed to despotism.

Pact is ultimately good intentioned but is also horrible. Racist Nords. Racist Dunmer. Xenophobic Argonians, the third to the point of where they'll end you if you venture in too deep. It wouldn't know what to do if it -won- the war, much less stop infighting long enough to do it.

Covenant may be war criminals but compared to mass infant slaughter and raising the dead their crimes are fairly individualized and mundane. Are they completely in the right? No. But their as close as it'll get to the empire in the meantime. They just wanna be empire 2.0, and that's all they need to be.

All of the alliances are some good, some bad, the whole war is a lesson in duality. And perception and perspective are important, to the AD the EP and DC are the war criminals, to EP the AD and DC are, and so on. None are without shame and none are without fault. At the end of the day it comes down to what you are willing to accept and stomach. I do find it interesting and I don't disagree with your position, if viewed from the eyes of the DC.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant

All of the alliances are some good, some bad, the whole war is a lesson in duality. And perception and perspective are important, to the AD the EP and DC are the war criminals, to EP the AD and DC are, and so on. None are without shame and none are without fault. At the end of the day it comes down to what you are willing to accept and stomach. I do find it interesting and I don't disagree with your position, if viewed from the eyes of the DC.

Some are better than others though.

If it's a choice between xenophobia central, a geshtapo state built on secret policing and warmongering, and a continuation of the status quo which wasn't that bad to begin with, status quo it is. Even after the invasion of EP, the brutal storyline about families lost and seperated and what that does to people...and everything I saw afterward, the only thing I could think was "They got off light."
  • griffkhalifa
    griffkhalifa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    AD

Mostly because that's what I created my first character on and met a lot of the people I PVP with.
    PS4 NA
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Complete loyalist here. For the Dominion!
    PC NA
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    This one loves khajiits!
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Everyone always messes up the colors on these polls.

Anyways dominion for me, because khajiit
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Daggerfall Covenant.

I like Ayren but I hate the arrogant attitude of most of the High Elves. I like the Dunmer but Nord and Argonians are a No for me. Overall I find the Daggerfall Covenant to be the most balanced and "humanistic" alliance which seems to really care for the people.
    Edited by Seraphayel on March 2, 2018 4:10PM
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Hurtfan wrote: »
    EP always, will never faction hop...I honestly picked EP because of the dragon logo, and I like grouping with my PvP, all EP guilds. The people are great, with a few exceptions, but those exceptions are usually dirty faction hoppers.

Congratulations to EP, PS4, Vivec, for a 30 day campaign victory.

Your victory is hollow, you teamed up with blue =p
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Breton, anti-mage, healer, support, tank all in 1 race.
    I like Argonians too, but they don't look as good in "holy" armor.
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Cats, elves -- and they treat each other in the least despicable way. They are as close to being the good guys of Tamriel as it gets. Sure, the Altmer sometimes mess a bit with the Bosmer and Khajiit, but it is still tolerable.

Also, cats.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Simply because the friend I started playing ESO with back at release was gonna go AD for High Elf and I had the option to choose freely. Once I have a team I don't swap so every character since has also been AD. Funny thing, my friend quit to never come back after 2 months. I'm still around :wink:

Edit: On a side note, since I'm a Khajiit fan I would probably have ended up on AD side even if I started alone.
    Edited by Blackleopardex on March 2, 2018 4:26PM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • DarGomi
    DarGomi
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Khajiit & Raz. I've tried other races, but I always come back to the cats. Raz just cracks me up, can't get enough of him.
  • jssriot
    jssriot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    For PVE because I like the races, cultures,. zones and general storyline more.

For PVP, it's because it's not DC or EP.

Also, in both PVP and PVE, because I personally don't enjoy zone chat chatter about Redguards picking cotton or how some races are meant to be slaves and all the racist bros defending their racism by calling it "humor."
    Edited by jssriot on March 2, 2018 4:31PM
    PC-NA since 2015. Tired and unimpressed.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    We keep a stiff upper lip.

Well, except for the orcs...
  • shinikaze
    shinikaze
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    blue is my favorite color ._.
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Blue and lions = awesome! Picked the one that I think suits an Imperial best.
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Ley
    Ley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    I wish you could swap the order of AD and EP so that the had the appropriate colors in the poll. :(

Leylith - MagSorc | Leyloth - StamPlar | Leynerd - MagPlar | Leylit - StamBlade | Ley Eviticus - StamDK | Leydor - MagDen | Leylum - StamSorc | Leylux - MagBlade
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    I've played Orcs and Bretons since ES3:Morrowind, so it was a simple choice for me.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Yep. Colors for two of the factions are reversed.

Ebonheart. DC is too worried about their trading and making gold [also their high king can't/won't make a definite decision. I call him the Waffle King]. Aldmeri Dominion is led by a well meaning but rather naïve ruler who seems to really believe only the Altmer are fit to give orders. EP wants the right to govern themselves.
    Edited by JKorr on March 2, 2018 5:08PM
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are both elements that I like in the cultures of the different factions, and elements that I don’t care for, and all three have their merits and downsides.

I like all three leaders: Queen Ayrenn is a visionary that genuinely tries to understand the point of view of others in order to do right by all of her subjects, and not just her kind; King Emeric is approachable, he has a very realistic mind-set, but he’s also a bit self-deprecating and prone to wistfulness, which is endearing, and in my opinion is the most congenial/closest to the hero than the other two; King Jorunn is a little proud and stubborn, but he always has the good of his people in mind, and I appreciated the fact that he’s a ‘not afraid to get his hands dirty’, ‘hands-on’ sort of leader, and that he fought alongside the hero. Furthermore, there are interesting and well-acted NPCs in all three factions, but if I had choose one, it’d probably be AD purely for the fact that my main character is a high elf, and I’m most familiar with the AD main quest (also, my main character’s headcanon involves an epic romance with Queen Ayrenn, but that’s another story *coughs* :lol:).

PvP-wise, I have characters in all three factions, and I like playing in all of them, but again if I were pressed to choose, it’d be DC for sentimental reasons: it was the first faction I started PvP’ing in, as a clueless 1h/s magplar at the time, and on my first couple of days, (when encountering enemy players one-to-one still gave me heart palpitations for days :smiley:), a guild took me in, without so much as a question to my noob status, and accepted me in their group runs. Hence I learned Cyrodill from the DC point of view, and for that reason, wherever I play, if I travel north, it always feels like home :smile:
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Because my main is an Altmer (magsorc) and my alt a khajiit (stamblade), because those spoke to me most and also as bonus seemed to be the best picks for the class. Both Are AD so I guess that makes it my favorite faction.

But honestly I don't really have a preference as it is dictated by storyline only for me and i like them all. All have nice and less nice parts. I don't pvp yet so no preference due to that either.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    EP because Dunmer masterrace