The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which faction do you prefer and why?

• Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    Lylith wrote: »
    if you aint DC, you aint !@#^!!(*

DC 4 LIFE

agreed.

dc is ***.

I'm pretty sure he said "!@#^!!(*"

he didn't spell it properly. :)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    if you aint DC, you aint !@#^!!(*

DC 4 LIFE

agreed.

dc is ***.

I'm pretty sure he said "!@#^!!(*"

he didn't spell it properly. :)

Naah, he did, can't you read?
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Why on earth is EP Yellow ?!! ;)
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant

OP did it alphabetical so it is red blue yellow. To make the alliances with their respectice color, EP would have to be 1st, then DC then AD on the list
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Daggerfall Covenant because the AD has the Thalmor and their actions in Shadowfen while there is still slavery in EP because a few Dunmer Houses said no and everyone else just said fine, whatever.
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I picked AD for no very good reasons and prefer AD because I err on the side of loyalty when all else is equal.
  • Demycilian
    Demycilian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ch4mpTW wrote: »
    Gold/yellow for color, eagle/phoenix for mascot, has a queen leading, queen is voiced by Kate Beckinsale, has Razum-Dar, has beaches and lush jungles, is home of the Altmer and Bosmer, and theoretically ends-up “winning” the war. GG.

AD winning the war? Tiber Septim and the fact that there was a 2nd AD would like a word with you...

People that insist on being difficult like that will get put to the sword. Just a heads up.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant

OP did it alphabetical so it is red blue yellow. To make the alliances with their respectice color, EP would have to be 1st, then DC then AD on the list
    Demycilian wrote: »
    Gold/yellow for color, eagle/phoenix for mascot, has a queen leading, queen is voiced by Kate Beckinsale, has Razum-Dar, has beaches and lush jungles, is home of the Altmer and Bosmer, and theoretically ends-up “winning” the war. GG.

AD winning the war? Tiber Septim and the fact that there was a 2nd AD would like a word with you...

People that insist on being difficult like that will get put to the sword. Just a heads up.

Likewise m8
  • Maryal
    Maryal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    My 'introduction' to the world of Tamerial was through the Aldemery Dominion quest line involving Razum-dar and Queen Ayrenn. OMG! I loved that quest line and felt like a such hero when it was done. When I first went to Cyrodiil, (roughly 3 years ago) it wasn't unusual for people in chat to say "For the Queen" while making plans to siege a keep, during the siege itself, or after the siege ... when people exchanged stories of their glorious battles.

LOL! I developed faction pride and loyalty early on in the game.
    Edited by Maryal on March 3, 2018 1:07AM
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Fun fact: before the game came out I was originally going to be Daggerfall Covenant, because the 4th Era Thalmor earned my ire and I'd already been to two-thirds of the Pact in the single player games. But I was in the beta, and since all my time spent was going to be wiped anyway, I figured I'd check out the other Alliances to see what I was missing*...

...and Queen Ayrenn and Razum-dar stole me away. :p

Didn't help the Covenant's cause that their starting zone questlines are disjointed and boring in comparison.

*Note: This is before they let us know Cadwell's Gold and Silver were going to be a thing.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't vote, no option for "neither". I have no preference what-so-ever.

My in-game characters on the other hand are all loyal to their respective factions ...
    shades.gif
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where is the Molag Bal option?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    The AD zones are prettiest and I am a sucker for aesthetic
  • Metal10957
    Metal10957
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    I love the architecture. Funny enough, not a fan of High Elves.
    For the Horde!
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    For now, it's AD -
    My guild does Events in PvP sometimes, and most are AD
    AD has the least scum-flooded chat out of all three Alliances (For now.) - Most of it has been clear, straight forward tactical talk and social interactions.

Last time I was on EP, I saw a very disgusting conversation about the sexual acts one person would do to anyone who happened to post and a whole mess of people calling everyone else scum and talking about how they are "carrying" everything [while spending all their time on in Chat].
    Last time I was on DC, it was all a mix between creepy stalker-styled praise for one "girl" or how much of a stupid worthless *** she is - Not a damned other subject but this one "girl".
    Most recent experience with AD was nothing but tactical talk, strategy, people greeting friends, organization, and friendly chatter.

...Unless that changes any time soon, AD seems the best choice for the sake of my sanity.

I also ran across an Emperor and Former Emperor wearing their Costumes and expressed my envy for that outfit - They offered to help me get Emp when the next Campaign starts.
  • SkyIsTheLimit1206
    SkyIsTheLimit1206
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    I honestly really love the Daggerferll Covenant. I mean, us Daggerferlls are like the greatest. For Daggerferll!!!
    With strength and intelligence comes hard work.

Which is why not a lot of people are strong nor intelligent.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    AD since almost launch*.... mostly due to Queen Beckinsake o:)

J/K... it was due to the fact that the first guilds I joined were AD, and they started to play PvP at that time so I started going in with my AD char, and my AD char was a Templar (I created one of each class on launch, except NB) and I started liking it more and more and more... so, I stuck with it since then.

* I started as DC, my first char was a Breton Dragonknight in DC.
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • Dapper Dinosaur
    Dapper Dinosaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Ebonheart has Argonians. Nords are ok, would be happier if the dark elves all contracted a plague and died.

AD has the most pompous obnoxious race in the game, and a large number of said race look like walking bananas. Then there are the wood elves with their nauseatingly annoying accent and hippie ways. Khajiit are the only redeeming factor.

Then the worst of the lot is DC, where of the three available races, two of them are the game's ugliest and the bretons are bog-standard camelot RPers with nothing interesting about them.

Also, Ebonheart fights the most fairly in the war. A member of the dominion literally tried to kill an entire generation of argonian eggs and DC has some atrocities as well. In my quests through the other alliances, I never saw the Pact doing a single questionable thing.
    Edited by Dapper Dinosaur on March 5, 2018 2:07AM
  • ayu_fever
    ayu_fever
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    ebonheart pact because NORDS!!!
    PS4 NA

all characters are members of the ebonheart pact master race
    BLOOD FOR THE PACT

main character:
    Rebekah Straight-Fire, breton templar healer: THE FATEBRINGER (dungeons, trials, pvp)
    —MERIDIA’S LUSTRANT— 1100+CP; alliance rank 21 (major grade 1); Rebekah is the most devoted and loyal follower of the lady of infinite energies and the highest ascendant of meridia’s purified legion and was forged from meridia’s brilliant radiance of purity.

other meta toons-
    Alexa Straight-Fire, breton warden healer: THE ALCHEMIST (dungeons, trials)
    Sasha Straight-Fire, nord dragonknight tank: THE UNBREAKABLE (dungeons, trials)
    Freyja Straight-Fire, nord warden tank: THE ICEBERG (dungeons, trials)
    Ororo Straight-Fire, dark elf magsorc: THE SHOCKWAVE (dungeons, trials)
    Michonne Straight-Fire, redguard stamDK: THE EVISCERATOR (dungeons, trials)

just for fun toons-
    Rhea Straight-Fire, wood elf warden stam healer: THE RANGER
    Shiva Straight-Fire, high elf warden ice mage: THE CRYOMANCER
    Morgana Straight-Fire, dark elf necromancer solo play: THE DEATHSINGER
    Lucille Straight-Fire, dark elf nightblade solo play: THE VOIDWALKER
    Diana Straight-Fire, nord templar tank: THE CLERIC
    Falsetto Straight-Fire, orc stamsorc werewolf: THE THUNDERHOWL
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm with @SirAndy - my characters are loyal, I don't really care.

I rolled characters in each alliance way back before 1T and could never see myself picking favourites now.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion

Pretty sure there wasn’t a second DC or EP, however. Pretty sure that the Thalmor (although they became scumbags) still ends up existing. Pretty sure The Queen seems the most calm, focused, and logical of the 3 leaders. Pretty sure AD doesn’t have slavery, like EP does. Pretty sure AD doesn’t have a coward for a leader, unlike DC’s king.

Edit: AD also has cat people, AND wild leopards and other beautiful big cats wandering about. GG.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on March 5, 2018 2:37AM
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant

Pretty sure there wasn’t a second DC or EP, however. Pretty sure that the Thalmor (although they became scumbags) still ends up existing. Pretty sure The Queen seems the most calm, focused, and logical of the 3 leaders. Pretty sure AD doesn’t have slavery, like EP does. Pretty sure AD doesn’t have a coward for a leader, unlike DC’s king.

Edit: AD also has cat people, AND wild leopards and other beautiful big cats wandering about. GG.

I don't like cats in general, but the khajiit as a race are fine. I cannot abide by an alliance who wishes to make a whole people 2nd class citizens at best *cough cough* AD just for being born of that particilar group. And all 3 leaders are cowardly, they all refuse to send troops to coldharbor to protect nirn from molag bal. All 3 are afraid of cyrodiil being "controlled" by the other alliances, which is meaningless when compared to your people's lives and souls being taken from them by a daedric prince. EP has outlawed slavery, so there goes that argument. Just House Telvanni and House Dres have slavery, neither are part of EP and both are condemmed one way or another.
    Edited by JobooAGS on March 5, 2018 2:48AM
  • primethief147
    primethief147
    ✭✭

I don't like cats in general, but the khajiit as a race are fine. I cannot abide by an alliance who wishes to make a whole people 2nd class citizens at best *cough cough* AD just for being born of that particilar group. And all 3 leaders are cowardly, they all refuse to send troops to coldharbor to protect nirn from molag bal. All 3 are afraid of cyrodiil being "controlled" by the other alliances, which is meaningless when compared to your people's lives and souls being taken from them by a daedric prince. EP has outlawed slavery, so there goes that argument. Just House Telvanni and House Dres have slavery, neither are part of EP and both are condemmed one way or another.

Couldn't have said it better lol
  • Joshuagm1991
    Joshuagm1991
    ✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    I can't imagine the type of person that would actually like Aldmeri.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    One day a dragonborn Imperial will sit on the Ruby Throne again and all will be right with Tamriel.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on March 5, 2018 4:19AM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    EP elite baby ;)

Does it bug anyone else that the colours of the poll are wrong
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    I used to love DC because we were the least zergy faction early in the games launch but since dark brotherhood came out DC has exploded in numbers. I cant go anywhere with out running into a group of 6 DC all over the map. DC spreads out and farms AP all day.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Lyserus
    Lyserus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    AD stands for Domination, EP stands for Division, only DC stands for Unity.

I'm from China so I am one for Unity, I'm suprised that in a mainly “democratic” western world Dominion is picked the most
  • Ethoir
    Ethoir
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    The first few AD zones are quite pretty to look at. It's really quite amazing. Just love 'em and its part of why I prefer AD over the other two.

DC has some awesome looking zone maps too, though I apply that to Glenumbra and Stormhaven.

EP's zones are mostly desolate, though The Rift is an exception. The exotic nature of Morrowind (the province as a whole) has its appeal too, regions such as Stonefalls feel almost like a wasteland sometimes. This makes some sense due to the volcanic activity in those areas.
    Participant in the Sanguine's Tester beta group since November 2013.
  • SosRuvaak
    SosRuvaak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    AD is so full of dishonest players
    in pvp, 90% of the cheaters and exploiters are AD players. forgiveness doesn't come for those that attack children as well, AD committed war crimes in shadowfen. id personally wipe every AD out for that action. Ad zone chat is more likely to get furry comments and weird crap i dont want any part in.
    DC player-base is so full of people that literally cant handle a tbag, its hard to take DC seriously in any case.

EP has its irritating players, but ive seen the best player ethics from EP
    For the Pact!
    ~Sump Scales~
    Lusty Argonian Nightblade
    ~Baron Humbert von Gikkingen~
    Smokes-His-Greens
    ~Ruvaak~