The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Which faction do you prefer and why?

• MacCait
    MacCait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Like another player mentioned, each area has its faults, and the whole story is one of duality and perception.

When I first started at PS4 launch I played through EP, but found the area depressing and racist... DC had some cool areas, especially the Redguard... but when I tried AD, I found it the most interesting story lines, most humourous (Raz), colourful characters, and gorgeous forests. In terms of immersion, I felt if I was really there, of all the leaders, I'd serve the Queen. Thought both Ayrenn and Razum-dar where awesome. I'd never switch. The king of DC was kinda cool, though could be a bit stuborn too.

OP... interesting post... should of also asked which server ;) Would of been interesting to know the breakdown.
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    The Ebonheart Pact because I'm an Argonian fan boy. As bad as the Dunmer are, if you're dealing with a bunch of grapes from certain houses who want to enlsave you or a mad banana alchemist who wants to genocide your race with his army of Bosmer cannibals and their appetite for Argonian eggs....I'll choose the former first. Despite the tense relations that precedes and follows the timeline of ESO between the three races in the Pact, the faction was an opportunity for a temporary comfort and learning between the three races. Not to mention, the perfect incorporation of Beast, Elf, and Man is simply unbeatable for me. DC are biased towards the status quo of man. AD are for the old era of Elven supremacy (it's MERethic for a reason). Say what you will about the Dunmer, they get what they deserve in the 4th era. I don't see a 2nd Ebonheart forming in the future timelines, but the ideals are glorious while they last: an independence from the stupidity of this Man vs. Elf conflict. Additionally my second favorite race are the Dunmer, while I've grown a larger appreciation for Nords due to ESO (Skyrim actually made them look worse for me).
  • CompM4s
    CompM4s
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    Daggerfall has a very medival feel to it. Very cool.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    AD is only winning because of the yiff-tards and the forever alones who like to pretend they are married to their bosmer.
  • Etienne_et_Isabeau
    Ebonheart Pact

Nords + Argonians
  • Dromede
    Dromede
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Originally - my first toon was a wood elf. Even with the Imperial edition i figured that she shouldn't go against her nature :p
    Skye Cloude - Sorc DPS, Master Crafter. Main, the bestest
    Lae Lenne - Templar Healer Trial grade.
    Dromede - Stamina Nightblade, she's a newb and doesn't know what she's doing
    V'oghatta - Stamplar pretending to be a tank
    Ulville Thonvella - aspiring Fire Mage, be careful around her fire sticks!
    Dromedaris - lost and not found. Named after a shoe, what else can you expect from her? A proper tank in her wildest dreams
    Swims-Naked - too pretty to grind, too silly to quest.
    Sun Flair - Dunmer Templar that can't spell for life. To bad she's too broke to afford a name change... Well, at least she's pretty...
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    Dunmer. Nords. Argonians. We have the best racists and the best of the historically oppressed.
    forever stuck in combat
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    AD has the most votes why?
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    I'm EP & AD.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    AD because it has bosmers.
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    cuz skyrim

Edit: why is AD red and EP yellow?
    Edited by WillhelmBlack on June 13, 2018 3:01PM
    PC EU
  • Kesarai
    Kesarai
    ✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    I find that I like my EP characters more & tend to play them the most. I do have a fair amount of DC but they mostly hang out & hold stuff. As for AD, I have like 3...lol

But EP gets my vote for my favorite by far : )
  • ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    ad is the best, cat ppl, cute wood elves and sophisticated regal highelfs

kate beckinsale, beautiful well tempered queen instead of grumpy gross old guys lol a distrustful tolerance off the lesser races. We love everyone but were not going to make essentially that one friend ours that always screws stuff up the leader of the world!

also just saying we one until some imperial had to get a giant mechanical monstrosity from the dark elves to win that the dark elves didnt even build!

#StillBitter9CenturiesLater

#TalosACheater

#ForTheQueen!!!!!!!!!

• ezio45
    ezio45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    AD has the most votes why?

Cuz AD IS BESTEST?
  • Fiktius
    Fiktius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    AD is love, AD is life <3
  • Tan9oSuccka
    Tan9oSuccka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    10 characters. All Red.
    Of course I like steak. I'm a Nord, aren't I?
    -Berj Stoneheart
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    EP and AD but personally I'd go without all three
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Aldmeri, of course. I am a Golden God, so I ALWAYS play a Golden God. Besides, the Altmer are the first, the last, the everything and will see the rest of the animals burn.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Do I prefer? Meh...I’ve only ever been AD...soooo...nothing against the other factions...just never tried them
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    The reason why?

The other two factions are too concerned with outside forces to the point where it feels old and tropey, in the usual vein of fantastic racism one sees in fantasy video games. Usually, fantasy novels are a little more nuanced and subtle, even in the sillier stuff (Discworld et al). Ayrenn doesn't want to eradicate the other two factions, she legit wants peace, she hates how prone people can be to racism and supremacy, and she's a mature leader I can get behind. And her attitude means I get to punch supremacists in the face. This is a thing, in game, as a part of the canon. It makes me happy.

Also look at how the less human races of each faction are treated. Are the saxhleel (argonians) treated well by the Pact? For the most part, not so much. Are the orcs treated well by the Covenant? Not really, the party line is that they're just cannon fodder. So what about the Dominion?

"Hey, guys! Let's risk life and limb in a land wracked by chaos; Let's risk infecting ourselves with the most virulent, torturous, and horrific disease the world has seen since the Thrassian Plague; Let's do all of this for a race of people who're strange and alien to us because that's just what you do. It's basic decency!"

Seriously, props to the altmer in this Dominion.

I don't feel inspired by the other factions. After playing through the Dominion and seeing them deal maturely with supremacy, disease, and so many other elements in a way that's, frankly, admirable? I found the other factions (the Covenant especially) to be laboriously petty. And lead by people who put vain, personal concerns over the good of all of the people in their charge.

I don't respect Emeric. I don't respect Jorunn. I respect Ayrenn.

Honestly, I could respect the Jester Kings more than the actual kings. They're clever, and that cleverness would serve their respective factions a lot better than the muppets who're running the show now.

There's no competition really, y'know?
  • BretonMage
    BretonMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Daggerferll Covenant
    I love both the AD and the DC, but slightly prefer the quests and characters in the DC. I found the EP quests rather sloppily written, which is unfortunate, because I love the Dunmer and the Argonians.
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    I've always liked the underdog faction.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • AuldWolf
    AuldWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Fvh09NL wrote: »
    EP because Dunmer masterrace
    You're speaking about Telvanni, eh? The fourth era is going to have some very pointed things to say about that. It's going to be ugly.

Honestly, if the Telvanni were more like Divayth and less like Gothren I could buy that they have a substantially measurable amount of worth. Sadly, that's not the case. Divayth is unique amongst the Telvanni dunmer. He actually cares about people, he doesn't discriminate, he respects your time, and he even worries about you (in his own specifically tsundere way).

I was actually grumpy at the other dunmer for not actually noticing how considerate Divayth could be. You know how it is, though... cults of popularity, people are easily mislead by the flowery words of politicking versus actual kindness and all that.

Poor Fyr.

Thankfully, there's enough people amongst the dunmer who're good sorts and wouldn't have any truck with supremacy. I wish those people were in charge of the Pact.

(Edited to be more specific. I know how people can be with subtext.)

Edited by AuldWolf on June 13, 2018 4:27PM
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    There is a faction for dogs in ESO! Where? I mean, other than werewolves, that is.
    I've always liked the underdog faction.

• JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ebonheart Pact
    EP in PvP. The folks just seem cooler. In zone they snicker at folks looking for group and there’s some EP 1vX LEGENDS. (tho I’ve seen some DC BRAWLERS). AD Zergs and Zergs.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on June 13, 2018 11:45PM
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Cats, elves and mini elves. What's not to like?
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    redguard. no1
  • Naughty_Ryder
    Naughty_Ryder
    ✭✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Cats, elves and mini elves. What's not to like?

I like Cats, Elves and mini Elves
    Fairies are invisible and inaudible like angels. But their magic sparkles in nature.

- I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    Aldmeri Dominion
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 5:00PM
  • kichwas
    kichwas
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're missing a none / any option.

I've got:

2 Orcs
    2 Kajiit
    2 Redguards (but one of these is just a crafting character).
    1 Dunmer
    1Argonian
    1 Bosmer
    1 Aldmer

It's only by chance that only 2 of them are EP.
    - The second Orc and second Kajiit were based on advice of guides for races. The second Redguard was an attempt to make the exact same character as the Bosmer because I generally don't like elves, but she looked too similar to the first redguard so after 30 levels deep in both I decided to keep the Bosmer and respec the skills on the Redguard to crafting...

I've got a thread over in the campaigns where I've been getting more and more surprised that there even are players here who 'main' a faction. I had assumed that sort of thing didn't happen here. But it looks like my case is actually the unusual one.
    Jah bless
    PST timezone - mostly PvE player.

Super casual player
    Seeking a casual 'lets do some dungeons and world stuff together' guild.