The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Earthgore is still overpowered in PvP

• Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make it so its afected by the pvp buff/debuff thingy(half domage/healing etc) making it 5k per sec
    And/or increase the duration to 6+sec making it 5k or les by second
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Gothrock wrote: »
    You cannot wipe big organized raid running teamplay-oriented builds with your few friends or random zerg. What problem are you talking about? I dont see any problem.

A fight between 2 ball groups wondering end because EG always heals everyone back to full in no time.

Yea, I still remember good old times when GvG's took few minutes, without burning each other with destro ult in few seconds.
    Glad that long and interesting fights between raids are back.

"Interesting" oh. Yeah we completely outplayed them for the 4th time now and then this blood shower came and resetted the fight so much fun

Why do you think you outplayed them? Maybe that was their plan - lower hp, proc EG, clean ground effects and then counter attack you. Smart guys!
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You cannot wipe big organized raid running teamplay-oriented builds with your few friends or random zerg. What problem are you talking about? I dont see any problem.

A fight between 2 ball groups wondering end because EG always heals everyone back to full in no time.

Yea, I still remember good old times when GvG's took few minutes, without burning each other with destro ult in few seconds.

"Interesting" oh. Yeah we completely outplayed them for the 4th time now and then this blood shower came and resetted the fight so much fun

Why do you think you outplayed them? Maybe that was their plan - lower hp, proc EG, clean ground effects and then counter attack you. Smart guys!

Yeah they are so smart with using stationary destro ults in open fields, following into each choke point and then only survive due to one set, just to do all this again.

I really want to know which "good" raiding group you had in the past because your understanding of this game is just utterly crap
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

I really want to know which "good" raiding group you had in the past because your understanding of this game is just utterly crap

That was guild which was killing opponents in Cyro, instead of whining at forum about being unable to kill someone because of set B)
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 3:12PM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That was guild which killed opponents in Cyro, instead of whining at forum about being unable to kill someone because of set B)

I guess your guild wasn't that special if it doesn't even has a name to remember :wink:

Ask the good groups all of them agree that EG is too powerful and dumped down combat to being ridiculously easy for zergs
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

That was guild which killed opponents in Cyro, instead of whining at forum about being unable to kill someone because of set B)

I guess your guild wasn't that special if it doesn't even has a name to remember :wink:

Ask the good groups all of them agree that EG is too powerful and dumped down combat to being ridiculously easy for zergs

Why are you always so serious? You need relaxing video, enjoy (dont afraid, no EG there).
    youtube.com/watch?v=j-zl_Gd6eVc

And understand me correctly - I know that Earthgore is very strong set for largescale pvp, and it obviously shouldn't counter every ground ultimate, and it won't since 12 feb.
    But the healing from EG is the only thing that can counter destro ult atm. Its really not funny to be instantly burned under negate.
    Cannot kill group with EGs? Burst them all to proc few sets at the same time, and then kill them when EGs are on cooldown. You can do it if you are good. And you shouldn't if you are not.

Edit: updated to avoid multiposting.
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 4:02PM
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    No mate, argonian is just the best all around race since it gives you sustain, hp and healing. That doesnt make it BiS for every PVP build in the game.

Funny how the healing bonus was around since forever and have aways been considered crap even for healers
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why are you always so serious? You need relaxing video, enjoy (dont afraid, no EG there).

And understand me correctly - I know that Earthgore is very strong set for largescale pvp, and it obviously shouldn't counter every ground ultimate, and it won't since 12 feb.
    But the healing from EG is the only thing that can counter destro ult atm. Its really not funny to be instantly burned under negate.
    Cannot kill group with EGs? Burst them all to proc few sets at the same time, and then kill them when EGs are on cooldown. You can do it if you are good. And you shouldn't if you are not.

Ah you are that guild, where you could focus people mid zerg and still kill them.
    Or survive with a stamnb even when running through you while you had destros up.

Destro is by no way critical anymore in zerg v zerg. It gets easily out healed by normal abilities.
    The only way destro gets you killed is if you
    A: have a bad build
    B: Are completely outnumbered
    C: went afk
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

Ah you are that guild, where you could focus people mid zerg and still kill them.
    Or survive with a stamnb even when running through you while you had destros up.

Destro is by no way critical anymore in zerg v zerg. It gets easily out healed by normal abilities.
    The only way destro gets you killed is if you
    A: have a bad build
    B: Are completely outnumbered
    C: went afk

You write like a super pro player from EU. Oh wait, you are such a noname that I dont even know your ID.

And what does kill people in Cyrodiil? (Except Incap when ganking of course, it is really OP and should be nerfed).
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well yours and the ones of your guild are more famous for being one of the worst bomb groups ever.
    You maybe don't know me because I don't hide in my ball group
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Well yours and the ones of your guild are more famous for being one of the worst bomb groups ever.

It is very easy to call someone bad, refusing to even show your name, isn't it?
    But now I see what's your point, ganking people with 2 buttons and OP ult became harder, yes :D
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have a very weird definition for the word "interesting". But then again that shouldnt be a surprise from someone who considers EG balanced.

In Counter Strike you'll be able to kill people in <1 sec. Maybe you should look in its direction.

Its not even about time to kill. Its about something called "player skill". Something you are clearly unfamiliar with.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It is very easy to call someone bad, refusing to even show your name, isn't it?
    But now I see what's your point, ganking people with 2 buttons and OP ult became harder, yes :D

Read some of my post about pvp. You maybe find that i don't like gankers for making cyro more zergy.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

You have a very weird definition for the word "interesting". But then again that shouldnt be a surprise from someone who considers EG balanced.

In Counter Strike you'll be able to kill people in <1 sec. Maybe you should look in its direction.

Its not even about time to kill. Its about something called "player skill". Something you are clearly unfamiliar with.

Feel free to /w me on EU, it'll be interesting to see how familiar you are.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Earthgore is used by Healers, which make about 3% of the playersbase
    but only 25% so far have access to earthgore

and you all really wanna NERF a set used by less 0,75% of the players???

are you not sane in your brain?

shame on you!

Lol plus everyone knows most op thing in pvp is whining on forum xD
  • Capsaica
    Capsaica
    ✭✭✭
    Of course argonian isnt BiS for pve DDs. But its BiS for any pvp build except maybe mag sorc, who does not heal himself. Agronian offers you more healing than any 10% stamina bonus, 100 points of all resources per second without any conditions, but with delay (for example, 3rd redguard passive offers 150 only stamina per second in case you will attack someone in melee), a lot of health, a bit of magicka, and immunity to poison and disease status effects + reduced damage from these sources.

Wait a minute...when did poison and disease resistance become immunity? (Bold text above is my addition.)

But even more seriously...swim speed OP.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

ooooh. watchout guys. we have a badass here
    Edited by pieratsos on February 10, 2018 1:38AM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Feel free to /w me on EU, it'll be interesting to see how familiar you are.

ooooh. watchout guys. we have a badass here
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about nerf it down to be very useful solo but kinda lackluster in a group?

Make it a self purge, lower the cooldown (a lot).
  • Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lets not get off topic here. The point of the thread is that earthgore is over performing in pvp. It isn't just overpowered in zerg play through. Even in BGs you'll see it sometimes and it's basically a cheat death every 35 seconds. The phoenix set is also a cheat death set but it has a 10 minute cooldown and it requires 5 pieces to be worn.
    Edited by Synapsis123 on February 10, 2018 4:58AM
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lets not get off topic here. The point of the thread is that earthgore is over performing in pvp. It isn't just overpowered in zerg play through. Even in BGs you'll see it sometimes and it's basically a cheat death every 35 seconds. The phoenix set is also a cheat death set but it has a 10 minute cooldown and it requires 5 pieces to be worn.

Phoenix on the other side is very very useless. 100% of the time it procs you'll still die 1 sec after. And it only saves you 1 time every ten minutes
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The set is way overperforming and needs to be rethought. It is another set, in a long and growing list, that completely bails out players. Has no place in the game.

For the PVE people whining in this thread if you need EG to heal you are absolute trash at the game.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let’s look on the bright side... without earthgore, we wouldn’t be able to recognize players that are so terrible at the game that their single greatest contribution to their team is the same fashion accessory that hides their faces.

I personally admire the people who wear earthgore. It takes a lot of self-awareness to think “hey, I really am terrible... I’m going to give up on trying to actually play the game and I’ll just put earthgore on instead.”

Not everyone gets to grow up to be an astronaut. And now with earthgore, we can spot the people who have given up on being respected and are OK with being the garbagemen of cyrodil.

Im actually jealous - these players can just take a nice long AFK and accomplish things IRL while still being MVP of their group thanks to earthgore. I’m personally looking forward to when we start seeing bot trains in cyrodil stacking earthgores. Although now that I think about it, they’ll be hard to recognize since the bots would have no fundamental difference from the zerglings and PvE’ers-on-fieldtrips that are currently using the set.

Thankfully not a single good group or good player runs earthgore on PC NA. Not a single one. No exceptions.

But I worry that that fact might not hold true for much longer. And when good players start running earthgore, we’ll definitely have to nerf it.
    Edited by Thogard on February 12, 2018 7:55AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Sacredx
    Sacredx
    ✭✭✭
    Earthgore is actually not as good as people think it is. It is very easy to proc. After it procs the set does basically nothing. Even if multiple people wear it in group, it is very easy to proc them at the same time. Or even unintentionally on a pug.

It's basically an all in set. If it procs it means you probably don't have adequate sustain in which case after it has been procced you are bound to die.

Very easy to counter.
    PC NA PvP Oceanic
    The Kelly Gang [TKG]
    Highest kill streak: https://i.imgur.com/V6jJhoy.png
    KB sample: https://i.imgur.com/n7TFyZr.png
    TKG raid sample: https://youtube.com/watch?v=RkrsHg3T7pc
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    Koolio wrote: »
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Shut up I'm tired of sets getting nerfed into uselessness because of PvP. That thing does nothing but heal and cleanse one ground AoE. If a whole zerg is running it then they have no damage helms. Deal with it.

I have a lot that I can say to explain how deal with it doesn’t quite work but I will put it very simple.

Healer cast mutagen on two people in a group then stays inside a keep.

The two players join a group outside the door 10 secs later(healer still inside)

The group gets hit with 1 destro ultimate.Mutagen tick hits below 50%. The healer inside the keep saves the whole group gets rid of a Destro ult and never even looked/went outside.

When 1 hot tick can save multiple people from death it’s kinda hard to “Deal with”.

I still kill. I still earn Ap. But I wish I could kill a group from a monster set( only 2 pieces) without even having to fight anyone.

Definitely agree, but it's kind of hard to balance this set without gutting it.
    Which is why it should have never seen the light of day in the first place.
    Edited by Koensol on February 12, 2018 9:03AM
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make it so its afected by the pvp buff/debuff thingy(half domage/healing etc) making it 5k per sec
    And/or increase the duration to 6+sec making it 5k or les by second

This would not be an issue if they would just balance pveand pvp separately. Then not allow certain sets into Cyrodil/Battlegrounds.Unfortunately zos doesn't listen to good ideas very often.
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only decent healing monster set in the game. If nothing else reduction to healing sets in pvp?
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont really care about the heal tbh, it needs a nerf yeah but theres alot of things in this game that need adjustment. Its that “ SOAKS UP MY 250 ULTIMATE SHIFTING STANDARD “ part thats gonna make me thow my controller through my tv.

Can anyone on PC test if Shifting standard can be recast after being negated by Earthgore?
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard