The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Earthgore is still overpowered in PvP

• Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe you should also compare cooldowns of these sets? 6 sec duration with 6 sec cooldown vs 3 sec duration and 35 sec cooldown.
    And we dont need more useless sets like Bogdan, so stop asking to kill interesting stuff in game just because you dont use it.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gothrock wrote: »
    Maybe you should also compare cooldowns of these sets? 6 sec duration with 6 sec cooldown vs 3 sec duration and 35 sec cooldown.
    And we dont need more useless sets like Bogdan, so stop asking to kill interesting stuff in game just because you dont use it.

It's completely broken. Everyone is using it because it's so op.
    And with a zerg cooldowns don't matter as one always has it ready
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just ban monster sets from pvp. Problem solved.

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Just ban monster sets from pvp. Problem solved.

There are 2 maybe 3 overperfoming monster sets balance them and everything's fine
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

And because you think if you can't 2 shot everything it's OP - too much whining.

I too am over pve things being ruined because pvpers complain too much because they can't 2 tap someone.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭

they should reduce the cooldown (maybe to 25 sec) but make it a global cooldown. I mean, if you got healed by my earthgore, for the whole cooldown you can't get healed by another earthgore.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So what do you choose? The way more powerful heal that the player has full control over or the minuscule proc chance and the way worse heal? The cooldown is meaningless. Even if you are just in for PvE Earthgore is your best choice by far. That’s not good.

Nobody said the set should be brought down to Bogdan levels. But if you can’t understand that a monster set being on the power level of the resto ultimate is an issue even for PvE then I don’t know what to say.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Long cooldowns are not an excuse to pump up their power like that. At some point you have to say "hey, maybe this set is too damn powerful". Whats next, making sets one shotting everyone and the excuse will be "it has a long cooldown so its balanced"?
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »

they should reduce the cooldown (maybe to 25 sec) but make it a global cooldown. I mean, if you got healed by my earthgore, for the whole cooldown you can't get healed by another earthgore.

Makes sense.
    BohnT wrote: »

Honestly, i dont understand why people in this game think that they should be able to kill other people in 2-5 seconds. In most MMORPG it takes minutes to kill even weak opponent 1vs1 and its completely impossible to kill 1vs3. So IMO combos like destro+proxy, shalks+DB have to be hardcountered to force people play smart instead of insta killing with 2-3 skills.

Just strange logic - solo killing ten people with Vicious Death is ok (no one whines), but solo saving ten people for 3 sec - OP. Wth?
    Feanor wrote: »

So what do you choose? The way more powerful heal that the player has full control over or the minuscule proc chance and the way worse heal? The cooldown is meaningless. Even if you are just in for PvE Earthgore is your best choice by far. That’s not good.

Nobody said the set should be brought down to Bogdan levels. But if you can’t understand that a monster set being on the power level of the resto ultimate is an issue even for PvE then I don’t know what to say.

Of course i'll choose burst, like everyone chooses Skoria instead of Iceheart. But lets see how OP is Earthgore:
    1. do people use it in vet trials? No.
    2. in duels? Rarely, it sucks
    3. in smallscale pvp? Yes, those who can heal others
    4. in non-organized zergs? Sometimes, but who cares - you cannot cover 80% of zerg due to radius restriction, and not so many people in zerg heal others
    5. in ball groups? Yes. But Earthgore isn't the reason of their existence - EotS, proxy, VD, cleanse and rapid are.

So kill EG for massive PVP and we will get one more completely dead set in game.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ascan7 wrote: »

Makes sense.

Honestly, i dont understand why people in this game think that they should be able to kill other people in 2-5 seconds. In most MMORPG it takes minutes to kill even weak opponent 1vs1 and its completely impossible to kill 1vs3. So IMO combos like destro+proxy, shalks+DB have to be hardcountered to force people play smart instead of insta killing with 2-3 skills.

Just strange logic - solo killing ten people with Vicious Death is ok (no one whines), but solo saving ten people for 3 sec - OP. Wth?

Of course i'll choose burst, like everyone chooses Skoria instead of Iceheart. But lets see how OP is Earthgore:
    1. do people use it in vet trials? No.
    2. in duels? Rarely, it sucks
    3. in smallscale pvp? Yes, those who can heal others
    4. in non-organized zergs? Sometimes, but who cares - you cannot cover 80% of zerg due to radius restriction, and not so many people in zerg heal others
    5. in ball groups? Yes. But Earthgore isn't the reason of their existence - EotS, proxy, VD, cleanse and rapid are.

So kill EG for massive PVP and we will get one more completely dead set in game.

People use it in vettrials
    The set is broken in Zergs, saying it's balanced in duels doesn't make it a fine set.
    Ball groups survive much longer due to Earthgore as it's an "No matter what you do i won't die Button"

Well no one cares for other MMOs when something is broken in ESO.

If you kill 10 people with VD the enemies deserve to die as they completely failed to do anything right.

Getting a heal that is better than any healing ult in the game for doing your job is op
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    This is simply not right, there was still Sentinel and even troll king for AOE healing...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custos91 wrote: »
    This is simply not right, there was still Sentinel and even troll king for AOE healing...

Troll King effects only 1 target per proc and is therefore not AoE.
    (1 items) Adds 2% Healing Done

(2 items) When you heal a friendly target, if they are still below 60% Health, their Health Recovery is increased by 1548 for 10 seconds.

Technically you could say it’s kind of AoE because it has no CD and can proc on multiple targets, but that’s not the same as Earthgore’s mechanic.

Sentinel is AoE but it’s also not awesome:
    (1 items) Adds 2% Healing Done

(2 items) When you heal a friendly target, you have a 10% chance to summon a dwemer spider that heals for 1049 Health and restores 524 Stamina to you and your allies within 5 meters every 1 second for 8 seconds. This effect can occur once every 15 seconds.

It’s another set you seldom see because it’s not really good.
    Edited by Feanor on February 7, 2018 3:54PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think if earthgore had a 10-20% heal nerf this set would be in a pretty balanced place.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    kookster wrote: »
    I think if earthgore had a 10-20% heal nerf this set would be in a pretty balanced place.

No we are looking at a 8m heal that provides 10-12k heals per tick.
    Even with 20% nerf we are looking at 8-9.6k heals.

They have to make it less bursty it's simply too much healing over 3 seconds
  • kookster
    kookster
    ✭✭✭✭
    kookster wrote: »

No we are looking at a 8m heal that provides 10-12k heals per tick.
    Even with 20% nerf we are looking at 8-9.6k heals.

They have to make it less bursty it's simply too much healing over 3 seconds

I am not against a harder nerf. Currently as it is if there was a 20% nerf to it I feel I would be able to kill people with a earthgore proc probably 60% of the time against the players i have seen it proc on. That is why I proposed that amount.
    Potato Pact - PC NA
  • Custos91
    Custos91
    ✭✭✭
    The thing with Earthgore is:
    You simply can't nerf this set enough for PVP, unless you make it worthless for PVE (especially since it also proccs on sorc pets)

The other thing is:
    This set is one of the few sets that is worth breaking the 5/5/ resto + lightning staff of your choice meta...

Healers wear SPC + Mending/Worm mainly, worm is going the way of the dodo with Jokvulds guidance comming, healer theorycrafting has been dead for years, it always rotates around some sets, and monster sets were never really considered for anything...

This is the only monster set that can add something worthwhile (especially for non templar/Sorc healers) because it is the "Oh ***" button that a healer can sorely need in some situations...
    Warden Main apparently... 7 Wardens currently, otherwise a healer of every class.
    Mostly active in No CP PVP on EU, blaming the buffbot meta in pve.
    I want to feel like I am saving somebodies life, not like I am carrying amunition for them...
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This set was designed by a person who never played in Cyro in a group. Right now it is extremely OP.
    The radius should be lowered OR
    It should have a healing CD per person (individually) OR
    It should proc only on direct heals and not on HoTs.

Personally I think the third solution will be the best. The others will make the set useless. But something should be done.
    Because I can!
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Problem is that while zos trying to make people to unstack, sets like Earthgore makes stacking easy.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthgore is used by Healers, which make about 3% of the playersbase
    but only 25% so far have access to earthgore

and you all really wanna NERF a set used by less 0,75% of the players???

are you not sane in your brain?

shame on you!
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »

shame on you!

And where did you get this superb scientifically proved data?

It doesn't matter how many people use it the set can be used by one and he will save atleast 10 people.

The set is overperfoming, promotes stacking, is a hardcounter to any of the few dangers zergs have to fear.

When you slot Earthgore on 5-8 people in your zerg no one will die to siege, bombers , gankers trying to kill one group member or other groups.

The set is overperfoming and everyone with two brain cells can see it.
    It's not needed in PvE but it ruins PvP for everyone as the fights are i fine long between zergs generating more and more lag
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

shame on you!

So now sets are balanced around the number of people using them? And you actually ask people if they are sane?
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shame on you!

I call alternate facts.
  • Quantum_V
    Quantum_V
    Class Representative
    If you're a PvE healer and you're relying on Earthgore to function you really need to take a look at your build... to say the least.
    Quantum - Magicka DK

Youtube Channel

• Synapsis123
    Synapsis123
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if you negate an entire group and earthgore itself didn't remove negate it would still proc because of CP passives. It should only proc off skills and not passives, healing reduced, and radius reduced.
  • Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shame on you!

I have seen NB's running EG... NB's lmao. I won't name ans shame but when a supposed healer only set is used by NB's I think you may want to revisit your stats. I would not be surprised if the 75% of some specific grps run this set.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Galalin wrote: »

shame on you!

I have seen NB's running EG... NB's lmao. I won't name ans shame but when a supposed healer only set is used by NB's I think you may want to revisit your stats. I would not be surprised if the 75% of some specific grps run this set.

Also NB's are running argonians. StamNB's I mean. So we can talk about EG further nerf after repriloids one.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shame on you!

Also NB's are running argonians. StamNB's I mean. So we can talk about EG further nerf after repriloids one.

Some people think “balance” means only their favorite cheese remains in the game as long as possible.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

shame on you!

Some people think “balance” means only their favorite cheese remains in the game as long as possible.

Are you talking about argonian passives? I agree!
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

shame on you!

No, I’m talking about the general concept that nerfs are fine as long as it isn’t affecting the main char of the player. A lot of people post that way.

As for Argonians, the race was trash for so long and it’s really good now only because of the sweeping sustain changes with Morrowind. You’re trading damage and raw stat passives for the sustain ones though. It’s not OP.
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

shame on you!

No, I’m talking about the general concept that nerfs are fine as long as it isn’t affecting the main char of the player. A lot of people post that way.

As for Argonians, the race was trash for so long and it’s really good now only because of the sweeping sustain changes with Morrowind. You’re trading damage and raw stat passives for the sustain ones though. It’s not OP.

But i dont use EG. I play mNB, and i use Skoria in pvp and Ilambris in pve. And i dont play healers at all.
    As for argonians, its not ok that designed for healing race is the best race for ganker stamina build. And for every pvp build in the whole game.
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 10:05AM