The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Earthgore is still overpowered in PvP

• BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gothrock wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Galalin wrote: »
    Azurya wrote: »
    Earthgore is used by Healers, which make about 3% of the playersbase
    but only 25% so far have access to earthgore

and you all really wanna NERF a set used by less 0,75% of the players???

are you not sane in your brain?

shame on you!

I have seen NB's running EG... NB's lmao. I won't name ans shame but when a supposed healer only set is used by NB's I think you may want to revisit your stats. I would not be surprised if the 75% of some specific grps run this set.

Also NB's are running argonians. StamNB's I mean. So we can talk about EG further nerf after repriloids one.

Some people think “balance” means only their favorite cheese remains in the game as long as possible.

Are you talking about argonian passives? I agree!

No, I’m talking about the general concept that nerfs are fine as long as it isn’t affecting the main char of the player. A lot of people post that way.

As for Argonians, the race was trash for so long and it’s really good now only because of the sweeping sustain changes with Morrowind. You’re trading damage and raw stat passives for the sustain ones though. It’s not OP.

But i dont use EG. I play mNB, and i use Skoria in pvp and Ilambris in pve. And i dont play healers at all.
    As for argonians, its not ok that designed for healing race is the best race for ganker stamina build. And for every pvp build in the whole game.

Are you drunk? argonian is a great race but definitely not bis for DD PvE or magsorc, stamnb, stamplar, magdk, stamwarden or stamsorc in pvp.
    Also just playing argonian won't make you God tier as Earthgore does. If your group is bad slot EG on 7-8 members and never die again unless you go afk for 2 min
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »

shame on you!

I have seen NB's running EG... NB's lmao. I won't name ans shame but when a supposed healer only set is used by NB's I think you may want to revisit your stats. I would not be surprised if the 75% of some specific grps run this set.

Also NB's are running argonians. StamNB's I mean. So we can talk about EG further nerf after repriloids one.

Some people think “balance” means only their favorite cheese remains in the game as long as possible.

No, I’m talking about the general concept that nerfs are fine as long as it isn’t affecting the main char of the player. A lot of people post that way.

As for Argonians, the race was trash for so long and it’s really good now only because of the sweeping sustain changes with Morrowind. You’re trading damage and raw stat passives for the sustain ones though. It’s not OP.

But i dont use EG. I play mNB, and i use Skoria in pvp and Ilambris in pve. And i dont play healers at all.
    As for argonians, its not ok that designed for healing race is the best race for ganker stamina build. And for every pvp build in the whole game.

Are you drunk? argonian is a great race but definitely not bis for DD PvE or magsorc, stamnb, stamplar, magdk, stamwarden or stamsorc in pvp.
    Also just playing argonian won't make you God tier as Earthgore does. If your group is bad slot EG on 7-8 members and never die again unless you go afk for 2 min

Of course argonian isnt BiS for pve DDs. But its BiS for any pvp build except maybe mag sorc, who does not heal himself. Agronian offers you more healing than any 10% stamina bonus, 100 points of all resources per second without any conditions, but with delay (for example, 3rd redguard passive offers 150 only stamina per second in case you will attack someone in melee), a lot of health, a bit of magicka, and immunity to poison and disease status effects + reduced damage from these sources.

Also can you show me bad groups with EG on 7-8 members, which dont die at all, like you say?
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

Of course argonian isnt BiS for pve DDs. But its BiS for any pvp build except maybe mag sorc, who does not heal himself. Agronian offers you more healing than any 10% stamina bonus, 100 points of all resources per second without any conditions, but with delay (for example, 3rd redguard passive offers 150 only stamina per second in case you will attack someone in melee), a lot of health, a bit of magicka, and immunity to poison and disease status effects + reduced damage from these sources.

Also can you show me bad groups with EG on 7-8 members, which dont die at all, like you say?

Simply go to pvp and play for 1 hour, you'll encounter atleast 3 groups which prevent certain deaths with EG more than once
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

Simply go to pvp and play for 1 hour, you'll encounter atleast 3 groups which prevent certain deaths with EG more than once

So? They sacrificed their damage or utility for survivability. I'm sure they will die under destro group with the same amount of players. Now it looks like "i cant kill that big organaized raid with my smallscale or random zerg, ZOS nerf them!!11"

Edit: neft -> nerf
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 11:23AM
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

So? They sacrificed their damage or utility for survivability. I'm sure they will die under destro group with the same amount of players. Now it looks like "i cant kill that big organaized raid with my smallscale or random zerg, ZOS neft them!!11"

Do you know the old PvE saying, Dead Dps is no Dps?
    There is no monster set that can do anything comparable to the survivability boost of EG.

You can go for more damage but that's not what people need, you with 4-5 destroy you can kill anyone not affected by EG in no time.
    Damage was never an issue for Zergs as you go for 30k health to get more survivability and with EG you can completely shut down 90% of all wipes because it is so broken.
    You 1k dps with grothdarr won't save you and won't kill anyone fast enough to prevent the wipe
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

So? They sacrificed their damage or utility for survivability. I'm sure they will die under destro group with the same amount of players. Now it looks like "i cant kill that big organaized raid with my smallscale or random zerg, ZOS nerf them!!11"

Edit: neft -> nerf

No they didn’t because support builds aren’t doing damage. I can hardly imagine a greater „utility“ than being basically invulnerable. But maybe that’s just me.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

So? They sacrificed their damage or utility for survivability. I'm sure they will die under destro group with the same amount of players. Now it looks like "i cant kill that big organaized raid with my smallscale or random zerg, ZOS neft them!!11"

There is no monster set that can do anything comparable to the survivability boost of EG.

You can go for more damage but that's not what people need, you with 4-5 destroy you can kill anyone not affected by EG in no time.
    Damage was never an issue for Zergs as you go for 30k health to get more survivability and with EG you can completely shut down 90% of all wipes because it is so broken.
    You 1k dps with grothdarr won't save you and won't kill anyone fast enough to prevent the wipe

But... Healing springs and Rapid maneuver (skills, which are available for anyone 10 lvl+ for 4 years) prevent ten times more wipes, than EG. Do you want to nerf them too?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

But... Healing springs and Rapid maneuver (skills, which are available for anyone 10 lvl+ for 4 years) prevent ten times more wipes, than EG. Do you want to nerf them too?

The difference is that it actually means playing the game and coordinating instead of just equipping a 2 set piece.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

This is simply wrong.
    Healing Springs won't save your group when everyone is at 10% health, neither will rapids.
    The 2k HPS of Springs are easily outdamaged by AoE. But a darn 12k hps AoE heal is completely broken.

Also these cost resources and actual player input to use them, EG just procs on a low player and saves them.
    It's a: Oh I f * cked up but i still keep going because who needs balance anyway? Set
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

The difference is that it actually means playing the game and coordinating instead of just equipping a 2 set piece.

Have you ever tried to play in pvp raid without playing game and coordinating, but with equipped EG? How much AP did you farm in that way?:D
    Also, i dont think that spamming 1 button (springs or rapid) and running near the crown is very difficult.
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 11:40AM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

shame on you!

No mate, argonian is just the best all around race since it gives you sustain, hp and healing. That doesnt make it BiS for every PVP build in the game.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well...you know something is afoot if @BohnT and myself agree on something. It’s a rare occurrence, but if it happens...

@Gothrock

No amount of healing springs or rapids will save you from a coordinated burst by another group, simply because you’ll be negated, snared, CCed and destro ulted in the same instant. With EG, all one of your support builds has to do is hit a heal while someone is under 50% HP, and bam, 10k heal for everyone for 3 seconds. The burst just gets as soaked up as the placed enemy effects. You can be a full potatoe and still make miracles happen.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

Have you ever tried to play in pvp raid without playing game and coordinating, but with equipped EG? How much AP did you farm in that way?:D
    Also, i dont think that spamming 1 button (springs or rapid) and running near the crown is very difficult.

And even spamming 1 button requires more input and skill than just putting on a 2 piece set that saves an entire raid while you are afk. And healing springs/rapid regen are still not anywhere near close to EG.
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    @BohnT, @Feanor

About Springs and EG: ball groups did exist long before EG was even designed by ZOS, but if you take away springs and rapid all those groups will die immediately, at least in their current state (current=2014-2018 years state:D)

So if you dont like undying ball groups blame non-target system and AOE skills, not sets.
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Go to p

shame on you!

And even spamming 1 button requires more input and skill than just putting on a 2 piece set that saves an entire raid while you are afk. And healing springs/rapid regen are still not anywhere near close to EG.

I've ran in strong ball group for about 1.5 year without single EG in raid, because there was no EG in the game. But I've never seen ANY big pvp raid without healing springs and rapid maneuver. Have you seen such raid?
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gothrock

I don’t dislike ball groups. It takes considerable skill from the raid lead in particular and very good group members to pull it off regularly if you’re running with less than 16 or so.

I dislike all the bad groups, ball or no, that use EG as crutch which saves them from otherwise inevitable deaths.
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

I've ran in strong ball group for about 1.5 year without single EG in raid, because there was no EG in the game. But I've never seen ANY big pvp raid without healing springs and rapid maneuver. Have you seen such raid?

Just because ball groups rely on springs it doesnt mean EG is balanced. The discussion is about EG and how broken it is. Not ball groups in general. No one said that removing EG will fix ball groups. At this point you are just derailing the thread. EG is the topic of the discussion and its broken. Period.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

Of course they are using rapids and springs but that doesn't make them op because they don't give you a 3 second invulnerability on each usage.
    Springs give ~8k healing over 4 seconds. EG gives you 12k each second while it also removes negatea, ground ults and other annoying ground dots.
    This isn't even comparable.
    EG is better than any healing ult in the game as it gives you more burst healing, while you can do other things during its proc.

The set is overperfoming there is no discussion here.
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

Just because ball groups rely on springs it doesnt mean EG is balanced. The discussion is about EG and how broken it is. Not ball groups in general. No one said that removing EG will fix ball groups. At this point you are just derailing the thread. EG is the topic of the discussion and its broken. Period.

But you are asking to nerf the set, which is already bad everywhere except organized pvp. So i tell you, that it will be more effective to nerf other aspects of that type of gameplay.

@BohnT, people ran in pvp groups without EG for years. Try to run in pvp raid without healing springs. Good luck.
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 12:44PM
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

But you are asking to nerf the set, which is already bad everywhere except organized pvp. So i tell you, that it will be more effective to nerf other aspects of that type of gameplay.
    Go to p

shame on you!

So we have one set that makes the already strongest pvp playstyle even stronger that could be easily fixed. But no we nerf every other aspect of the game so that this one set isn't overperfoming anymore but even more needed because the other things got nerfed?

Tell us why EG isn't a problem in pvp and stop bashing on things which are perfectly fine
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭
    You cannot wipe big organized raid running teamplay-oriented builds with your few friends or random zerg. What problem are you talking about? I dont see any problem.
    Edited by Gothrock on February 9, 2018 12:58PM
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Go to p

shame on you!

@BohnT, people ran in pvp groups without EG for years. Try to run in pvp raid without healing springs. Good luck.

The number of people using a specific set doesnt make the set balanced. If you give me personally and only me a set that one shots people it doesnt mean that the set is balanced because im the only one using it.

EG is not balanced just because its primarily used by ball groups. And just because ball groups are dumb even without the set because of numerous different reasons it still doesnt mean EG is balanced.

EG as a set is broken. The healing is simply put way over the top and can save an entire raid from a wipe even why they make mistakes and should die.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You cannot wipe big organized raid running teamplay-oriented builds with your few friends or random zerg. What problem are you talking about? I dont see any problem.

The problem is that organised zergs can't even kill each other. There is simply no way to kill even bad zergs fast due to EG.
    A fight between 2 ball groups wondering end because EG always heals everyone back to full in no time.
    The unfair advantage against everyone else is just the cream whip on top of the big pile of *** this is
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate everyone staying on this but its not really worth arguing when the numbers bare out that a 2 piece set basically provides a combination of a healing ultimate and a sorc negate ultimate for free and is probably available more often. There's nothing to debate.
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

A fight between 2 ball groups wondering end because EG always heals everyone back to full in no time.

Yea, I still remember good old times when GvG's took few minutes, without burning each other with destro ult in few seconds.
    Glad that long and interesting fights between raids are back.
    Options
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yea, I still remember good old times when GvG's took few minutes, without burning each other with destro ult in few seconds.

"Interesting" oh. Yeah we completely outplayed them for the 4th time now and then this blood shower came and resetted the fight so much fun
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Interesting" oh. Yeah we completely outplayed them for the 4th time now and then this blood shower came and resetted the fight so much fun

Throw in some forward camps and you have the perfect recipe for a fight over Chalman :lol:
    Options
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You have a very weird definition for the word "interesting". But then again that shouldnt be a surprise from someone who considers EG balanced.
    Options
  • Gothrock
    Gothrock
    ✭✭✭

You have a very weird definition for the word "interesting". But then again that shouldnt be a surprise from someone who considers EG balanced.

In Counter Strike you'll be able to kill people in <1 sec. Maybe you should look in its direction.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In Counter Strike you'll be able to kill people in <1 sec. Maybe you should look in its direction.

Out of valid points?
    Options