Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Annoying invisible walls and houses with secret spots (pictures)

kind_hero
kind_hero
✭✭✭✭✭
I like decorating houses, but cannot afford a large one, so I tried to experience some of the ones I liked on the PTS.

I made screenshots and a small guide to inform people who might be interested in getting these homes of their limitations or potential.
For me it is more challenging to take a small house and get the most out of it, than buy a huge one where you can build forever. So that's why I tried some small houses as well.

Cyrodilic Jungle House

One of the house concepts I liked is the small Cyrodilic Jungle House which has a nice courtyard, but a very small house.
Similar houses like this have an invisible roof (the Gardner House), but this house can be upgraded with a tiny floor, where you can place the bed or whatever you like:
Cyrodilic Jungle House
70gytg.jpg

Twin Arches could be a nice home, but it does not have an upper level like most Redguard houses in the game. Unfortunately there is an invisible wall that prevents the player to get on the roof make use of that space, which is sad.
xpsajs.jpg

Mournoth Keep

This is my current home on the live server. This is one of my favourites because it has so much space that you can use, even places that you think are not accessible
In this pictures you can see what I did to the rocky ledge in the background, and how I am standing on this rocky pillar which is also usable (I plan to place an altar there).
2071gyg.jpg

Domus Phrasticus

This house is one of the larger houses which are sadly to small to become a main base. The house has just two medium sized rooms, no basement, but we do have a rather large courtyard which has a fake tower with a wall. The area is very beautiful, so having the possibility to access the tower would be nice. If you are like me, then with a bit of creative use of planks and boulders, you will have a way to climb up the wall.
However, I think the devs did not think someone would climb that place, because they placed an invisible wall that crosses the rampart in half. So I made some scaffolding around the ramparts, but there is an other invisible wall, which this time is a bit logical, otherwise the player would fall into Falkreath Hold. The view is just great! So please dear devs, move the invisible wall to the edge of the rampart, so we can use it, and add a way to access it by a door!

Building some scaffolding
w1fdis.jpg

The invisible wall
70eyvr.jpg

View of Elinhir
350mmtv.jpg

Invisible wall
2rfa5gh.jpg

Strident Springs

This is a large house that has two towers (one is usable), but also a lovely waterfall.
The inside is quite nice, with lots of rooms. It does not have a basement.
Unfortunately this house also has several invisible walls that limit the amount of fun you can have, even though this house is one of the expensive ones.

The big tower has again some forcefields, so you cannot jump on the rampart from the tower.
73m4uh.jpg

The invisible wall is even closer in this case. I do not know why the devs make it like this, because it could be a nice addition to the estate. They do not have to add anything.. just move the invisible walls a bit further.
2iqxsn6.jpg

Next I tried to see how much I can play in the waterfall area. Unfortunately, not much.
You can climb up to the waterfall, but the invisible walls are quite close, and the grassy area around is not reachable.
55i2w0.jpg
2jfkw1.jpg

Last I tried to see if I could reach the other tower. You can go up there, but there is an invisible wall right where I put the red line, so no much point bothering with this as well. Oh well..
zlx18y.jpg

I haven't got the time to test all the houses yet (just what I would buy in the future), so please come with your personal experiences if you can, to make this thread useful for people interested in other houses or extending the space of their homes :)

[PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wish the roofs of all the houses did not have what I call a "slide off" field. Why can't I stand on the roof? I can put a platform there and stand on it so why not the roof itself?

Old Mistveil Manor is a prime example. All that roof space, wasted. You can't stand on the second story roof nor the main roof nor the roof of the side building. VERY disappointed in that. I was going to buy it till I found this out. Not being able to stand on, and put things on, the roof itself completely ruins my decorating plans for that house. And putting Platforms up there completely ruins the aesthetic.

Editing to add: I have Hunding's and I wanted to put a raised room inside those huge domes. Can't. Collision field. So disappointed. With the domes being all windows it would have made a lovely room up there. Shame.
    Edited by Wildberryjack on February 16, 2018 11:37PM
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • PrayingSeraph
    PrayingSeraph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pariah's waterfall has an area above that is accessible
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nice!
  • Master_Fluff
    Master_Fluff
    ✭✭✭✭
    That's some annoying collision indeed. The game has too much of "You can't climb/walk here!" It needs to go away.
  • Kaktus
    Kaktus
    ✭✭✭
    Amaya Lake House has a lot of vertical space- all of the giant unmovable mushrooms can be reached using scaffolding and can be normally walked/built on. The roof of first floor can be walked on normally without sliding, and the roof of the workshop/store house can be built on with the only invisible wall along the very edge. There's a tiny closet under the stairs in the second floor balcony- if you hide the entrance using a walkable furniture like curtains or the rose trellis you can make a little hidden room (which I'll be using for storage containers). The stairs on the first floor also have a large area underneath them that can fit a small study, or what I did was add walls and a ceiling to hide a bathroom.

Black Vine Villa and the Skyreach Apartment can both very comfortably fit a second floor, as can Captain Margaux's. Flaming Nix Apartment can also fit a second floor, though the curving walls complicate decoration a little

Cyrodiilic Jungle House has a rock in the corner of the courtyard that can have a patio added to it to overlook Baandari Trading Post- if you build the patio out of stones you can also build a small cave. There's also enough vertical clearance to install a balcony above the door.

Humblemud has a little internal room hidden above the ground floor- unfortunately this room is entirely blocked from access by an invisible wall. However, the exterior has a huge vertical clearance allowing for tall multistory structures

Moonmirth House WILL NOT fit a second floor, there's an invisible wall that keeps you from getting anywhere close to above ground level

Strident Springs may have a lot of invisible walls along the cliffs, but using dock platforms you can build structures, especially in sloped areas. I turned the back left corner of the courtyard behind the house into an elevated crafting corner made up of three levels of platforms. You can't climb the waterfall, but you can put a patio or walkways right up against it and leading up to the walls.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's some annoying collision indeed. The game has too much of "You can't climb/walk here!" It needs to go away.

I found a way to get out of Hakkvild Castle during Hotr PTS.

Here is what would happend if they remove invisible wall
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrpvVeN28JY&t=7s
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Forsaken Stronghold just received many new invisible walls. All around the front wall, up near the tower (RIP staircase) and by the large rock formation opposite the tower. Many of the structures I built are now inaccessible. Pretty unhappy about this change. @ZOS_GinaBruno is this intended?
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House of the Silent Magnifico

The whole roof and outer staircase are out of bounds ( for furnishing ) - despite having an internal door to access them !!

You interfere with no active section of the map, no other player can access them from the map.

Why bother including a door to the outside part of the structure if you cannot use it - yes walk around , but not add furnishings?
    Edited by molecule on February 17, 2018 8:56PM
  • Pink_E_808
    Pink_E_808
    ✭✭✭✭
    At Gorinir Estate, you can build walkways up to the cliffs. I have a path that goes all the way around, some parts going right alongside the invisible walls. It makes the space feel even bigger than it is and the view of Grahtwood over the front entrance is amazing.
  • G1Countdown
    G1Countdown
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll post this again. This is Grand Topal Island's waterfall. I was trying to build a bridge across the front of the waterfall (would have been a great view), but the invisible walls are oddly placed at sharp angles that make placing anything in front of the waterfall haphazard.

I have a picture here.

• f047ys3v3n
    f047ys3v3n
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »

I found a way to get out of Hakkvild Castle during Hotr PTS.

Here is what would happend if they remove invisible wall
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrpvVeN28JY&t=7s

There are still houses that can be escaped.... Shhh, ZOS likes to "fix" things people enjoy but they will never fix CC immunity.
    I am mostly pleased with the current state of ESO. Please do continue to ban cheaters though and you guys have to find out who is duping gold and how because the economy is currently non-functional.