Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAGBLADE pvp theorycrafting

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Subversus wrote: »
    Caluurion+Spinner's & Kena+Domi gankblade <3

Is caluurion that good for ganking though? From what I've experiencing dueling absolute cancer both on the duel spot and in cyro, it has a telegraph that basically doesn't allow it to proc in an instakill combo.

I might be mistaken, but either way mag proc sets are extremely cancer.

Cloak/Stealth->Lotus Fan(Proc triggers)+Concealed Weapon(Stun, Proc lands)->Assassin's Will

Don't even need an ultimate to burst most people :P

Do you need to have an mlg <100 ping in order to pull off the leap > concealed stun? I never actually played any sort of melee nightblade builds (except for when I played meta heavy stamblade a while back).

Not really, but you do need a target that doesn't have AoE below them or Volatile Armor up (both tend to break cloak before you can land Concealed).

That shouldn't be an issue though as you're already ganking therefore picking the target carefully I guess. Sounds strong af hahahaha, what if you add a soul harvest in the mix as well? Or leap > incap > concealed?
  • Carelxss
    Carelxss
    Carelxss wrote: »
    Has anyone tried mechanical acuity or caluurions legacy on mageblade?

Caliurion + zaan + defensive set, s&b/destro.

It's as cancer as you could ever be, 10 times worse than a viper proctard. Zaan is absolutely broken in 1v1.
    yeah that sounds strong. I was thinking caluurion with spinner and two blood spawn or pirate skeleton for and open world setup

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried mechanical acuity or caluurions legacy on mageblade?

Caliurion + zaan + defensive set, s&b/destro.

It's as cancer as you could ever be, 10 times worse than a viper proctard. Zaan is absolutely broken in 1v1.
    yeah that sounds strong. I was thinking caluurion with spinner and two blood spawn or pirate skeleton for and open world setup

Might work, though in open world you can just as well run dw. S&b is cancer in duels cause of permablock+reverb.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Lexxypwns I'm gonna troll you a bit, the timer is bugged, you only got two days ish left :wink:

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png
    :trollface:
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @Lexxypwns I'm gonna troll you a bit, the timer is bugged, you only got two days ish left :wink:

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png

My other account is top 100 on all 3 boards as well, I’ll get 6 gold rewards for like the 8th week in a row
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png

My other account is top 100 on all 3 boards as well, I’ll get 6 gold rewards for like the 8th week in a row

Pfff I gotta better house!

Lmfao, ah man you're awesome
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png

100k duel you trash scrub!
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png

I know I just derailed the thread a bit.

But to put it a bit back on course, @Lexxypwns is one of, if not the best mNBs I've ever seen.

I would take his advice in a heartbeat, I dunno why he fools around on warden.

His NB is one of those that you know you've lost because you didn't refresh your shield. I mean your health is full, your shield is up and boom hard CC, shield expires, will dead.

I #$&+ing hate seeing his NB.

P.S. here's my far superior house

UuU5OiK.png
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 17, 2018 1:44AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png

But to put it a bit back on course, @Lexxypwns is one of, if not the best mNBs I've ever seen.

His NB is one of those that you know you've lost because you didn't refresh your shield. I mean your health is full, your shield is up and boom hard CC, shield expires, will dead.

UuU5OiK.png

There’s soooooo many good NBs on our platform and I don’t consider myself to be among the top tier. Guys like @HEBREWHAMMERRR and Durpy Narwahl can handle me in seconds on their mageblades and I routinely lose duels to the top tier players of other specs and even some non top tier players. I often over commit to fights without good recourse to escape because I’ve never properly adapted to shadow image being broken.

Furthermore, I’m lately having trouble getting multiple will procs out per cast when heavily pressured. The resto ult cost increase has forced me to drop damage for sustain on destro builds where other mageblades have adapted without it. My playstyle is 100% built around kiting good players, focusing baddies and disengaging, it is very rare that I will push a fight against a good opponent on this he back end of a 1vX. I don’t also always play with a reserve of resources in case I need to disengage a superior opponent so I end up getting melted a lot as a result.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 17, 2018 2:15AM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AFn9wP4.png

RzklROQ.png

UuU5OiK.png

There’s soooooo many good NBs on our platform and I don’t consider myself to be among the top tier. Guys like @HEBREWHAMMERRR and Durpy Narwahl can handle me in seconds on their mageblades and I routinely lose duels to the top tier players of other specs and even some non top tier players. I often over commit to fights without good recourse to escape because I’ve never properly adapted to shadow image being broken.

Furthermore, I’m lately having trouble getting multiple will procs out per cast when heavily pressured. The resto ult cost increase has forced me to drop damage for sustain on destro builds where other mageblades have adapted without it. My playstyle is 100% built around kiting good players, focusing baddies and disengaging, it is very rare that I will push a fight against a good opponent on this he back end of a 1vX. I don’t also always play with a reserve of resources in case I need to disengage a superior opponent so I end up getting melted a lot as a result.

Too impressed by my house huh?

Edit: visit my house all *#$& ready
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 17, 2018 2:32AM
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what do you guys do when running with a guild/zerg and everyone dies, and you escape. Feels awkward and I wind up just soloing around rather than trying to ride to wherever they rezzed. Maybe I should blood port?
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »
    So what do you guys do when running with a guild/zerg and everyone dies, and you escape. Feels awkward and I wind up just soloing around rather than trying to ride to wherever they rezzed. Maybe I should blood port?

I do that too. Blood porting probably is the better idea
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I do that too. Blood porting probably is the better idea

But magblades get to bloodport with style. Wait till the enemy zerg is just about to ride off, the come out of stealth with a /redguarddance. 10/10 would bloodport again.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I've been toying with the idea of playing an updated frost staff magblade build for the past two days. I've been playing with the build editor for a few hours yday and today, and so far this is the best I could come up with:

http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=46060

I thought of using a master's frost staff and use reach instead of strife (thanks to the lovely Derra for the help on that one <3) but it just doesn't feel right when I look at the build.

I could use some other brains to help me out here, I might be missing something hahaha. I mean the regen feels a bit off, I guess. I don't know tbf. Damage looks a bit low, but I'm using 2 proc sets and a vamp damage glyph (like 8 out of 10 people I meet are vamps I kid you not) so that should at least balance it out.

The skills I'm using are mostly set in stone for the basics, I'd replace cloak with rapid regen for duels.
  • NoFlash
    NoFlash
    ✭✭✭
    What race for magblade? its between argonian or breton but I want to bomb sometimes but mostly be jack of all trades. would high elf or dark elf be better?
    Edited by NoFlash on February 17, 2018 12:24PM
    Daggerfall Covenant

The Ninja Squirrels
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I've been toying with the idea of playing an updated frost staff magblade build for the past two days. I've been playing with the build editor for a few hours yday and today, and so far this is the best I could come up with:

I thought of using a master's frost staff and use reach instead of strife (thanks to the lovely Derra for the help on that one <3) but it just doesn't feel right when I look at the build.

I could use some other brains to help me out here, I might be missing something hahaha. I mean the regen feels a bit off, I guess. I don't know tbf. Damage looks a bit low, but I'm using 2 proc sets and a vamp damage glyph (like 8 out of 10 people I meet are vamps I kid you not) so that should at least balance it out.

The skills I'm using are mostly set in stone for the basics, I'd replace cloak with rapid regen for duels.

I made this exact build a while ago and it's really good in groups but for solo there's too many flaws. The big one is that stamina characters with high dodge chance or characters with forward momentum will make your frost reach immobilise useless which means your best weapon of attack is negated.

But yeah in battlegrounds or small groups a frost Mage can help swing the momentum of the fight with all the snares they use.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EvoAZN wrote: »
    What race for magblade? its between argonian or breton but I want to bomb sometimes but mostly be jack of all trades. would high elf or dark elf be better?

Argonian IMO for well rounded. What other races get in damage and recovery is made up for by the potion passives. High elf might be balanced with it on other classes but NB has an extra potion passive. It’s why mine is my alchemist and uses pots for major sorc. Going to chug them anyway.

So question to you all. seems passive dodge is showing up more often again and maybe it’s more effective now with the nerf to birds and other abilities being dodgeable and; us now that light attacks need to land to proc will.

I’m thinking I should either get mirage on the bar; maybe replace cripple. I do like being able to hit speed while cloaked. Or, crazy idea here; run medium shacklebreaker, replace forward momentum with shuffle, take advantage of cheaper sneak and roll dodge and have evasion up.

To stupid and crazy?

EDIT: Slapped some on and tried it. Not worth it. I do find value in double take makes light armor more doable though. Dodge chance and getting the hell out of the way of the ball groups
    Edited by technohic on February 17, 2018 4:52PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

I made this exact build a while ago and it's really good in groups but for solo there's too many flaws. The big one is that stamina characters with high dodge chance or characters with forward momentum will make your frost reach immobilise useless which means your best weapon of attack is negated.

But yeah in battlegrounds or small groups a frost Mage can help swing the momentum of the fight with all the snares they use.

Very interesting indeed. I actually forgot that everyone nowadays is using forward momentum. I guess there goes that idea out the window lol.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

Very interesting indeed. I actually forgot that everyone nowadays is using forward momentum. I guess there goes that idea out the window lol.

I have been messing with an ice staff build for a while now running winterborn, willpower, skoria, asylum ice staff. I don't run image with it though, I back bar siphon and put ele drain front bar. Force pulse is more expensive of asylum spammable so the regen boost is nice.

I agree with the solo it has some flwas but it's fun to troll people onto rocks and take advantage of of aoe. It actually pulls some good dps ina perfect world I was hitting 18k dps on dummy in total pvp setup.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frostmages? give a try to Bahraha's curse. Super annoying in small condensed areas like BGs.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I think frost staff is redundant on mageblade since you’ve already got cripple and some minor maim access.

Losing 8% damage from inferno is rough. I’ve been playing with a lightning staff for a few days and the loss of burst really hurts. I feel like you need to compensate for that, but ironically the more damage you add the more impactful 8% becomes
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TBH, I think frost staff is redundant on mageblade since you’ve already got cripple and some minor maim access.

Losing 8% damage from inferno is rough. I’ve been playing with a lightning staff for a few days and the loss of burst really hurts. I feel like you need to compensate for that, but ironically the more damage you add the more impactful 8% becomes

I do it more for *** and giggles. It will never be bis but it's fun change of pace
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

I do it more for *** and giggles. It will never be bis but it's fun change of pace

Why not run winterborn on front bar with a back bar set and Skoria 2pc?
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you already have root spam from cripple and for aoe area denial you can just use wall of fire I guess. My whole build idea was based on the fact that it could be a crazy counter to melee but now that I think about it most melee run roll monkeys or forward momentum nowadays.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »

Why not run winterborn on front bar with a back bar set and Skoria 2pc?

I'm running asylum ice staff with force pulse to help proc everything too so I would need to farm a winterborn ice staff to pull that off. Just easier to throw on good ole willpower. If I've had vma resto it would be perfect. I tried asylum resto but idk I don't like slotting combat prayer.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, you already have root spam from cripple and for aoe area denial you can just use wall of fire I guess. My whole build idea was based on the fact that it could be a crazy counter to melee but now that I think about it most melee run roll monkeys or forward momentum nowadays.

The trap morph of fear is really strong vs melee builds, really ruins their momentum (yes, I'm proud of that pun) when they run into those and provides you burst opportunities.
    Edited by DDuke on February 17, 2018 6:41PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does being vamp really add to sneak speed if you have concealed weapon slotted or is there a cap?
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you run faster in sneak as well as cloak with CW slotted.

Although I mainly use it for node farming without having to hop on/off my horse every five seconds :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feed and tested to see if I could get away without vamp and decided to cure myself. Have less magicka regen but one reason I started going with melee ability with ranged was to have a fighting chance with Wardens and DKs. DKs were still an issue but finally killing some now. Probably not great ones but before; it was a loss either way. Just have to cloack rather than sneak for mobility and I better get to farming my potion mats
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys just got a master inferno! Really want to make a magblade build around it. I'm thinking

5 necro
    3 ancient grace
    2 valkyn and master inferno.

How would this sound? Or do you guys have a better set up in mind. Let me know!