Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How are BGs post patch?

Datolite
Datolite
✭✭✭✭✭
How are you guys finding the matchmaking, the rewards and the new maps?
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rofl...I Qued, got in immediately to a deathmath. To a game that has already started, with a few players who left early. It's not looking good.

Players "stacking on crown" is worse now. Since everyone's weaker, they don't want to get out there. Still having 4v8 is garbage, odds will never be in your favor...unless you are stamina which Bgs lean HEAVY to. Too many enemies, not enough friendlies. Absolutely GARBAGE sustain. even with ele drain, desert rose. I still run out in just a few combo attemts. Notice i said attempts? Yeah cause ur not killing anything that's stacked on their four buds.

BGs are not about your damage to one target at all. It feels like zerging against you in there, you need to build for absolute AOE damage and go glass canon with a healer...

This was supposed to be a fun, relaxing mode of PVP where you didn't need to bring friends.

What it is, is a micro version of cyrodil, tri-team. All gunning for you, don't leave crown or the other zerk will kill you. Ur at a severe disadvantage without coordinated premade. It feels exactly like cyrodil...not a measure of player skill. Just...stack on crown.

In other words. CP or not, BGs are still absolutely horribly designed, with gripes from the devs factored in before fun.

If they wanted it to be fun, they wouldn't care about perma tanks, permaheals. Cause they aren't the issue here. Premades are, and zergblod mentality is. Remove the three way fights...at this point there is no way I'm going back into a BG, even after the new ones. I'm done until Zoe realizes they *** dropped the ball and completely redesign the rules to BGs
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and bigger maps...the maps don't allow you to escape the blobs
  • montiferus
    montiferus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone want to place odds on what future update they make BGs with CP? My guess is pretty soon.

As with most things ZOS it was a poorly implemented good idea that hasn't gone anywhere meaningful for a variety of reasons. Until they make some fundamental changes to BGs it will remain mired in mediocrity.
  • TBois
    TBois
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm looking forward to playing no cp bgs again! Can't wait to get back from work.
    Current Guilds: Fantasia
    Former Guilds: Decibel, Hagnado, Lemon Party

PC/NA
    T-Bois (Stam Sorc since 1.4) - AD
    An Unsettling Snowball (Templar) - AD
    Bosquecito (Stam Sorc) - DC
    Peti-T-Bois (Stamden) - AD

Youtube
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm loving it. No more boring slugfests - it's kill or be killed!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm worried about my templar but my nightblade is good already because he's running the same build as when it was non CP before. In fact he got a bunch of buffs.
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baconlad wrote: »
    If they wanted it to be fun, they wouldn't care about perma tanks, permaheals. Cause they aren't the issue here. Premades are, and zergblod mentality is.

I would rather face an all out premade DPS team rather than a heal bot perma tank team. Atleast I won't be wasting my resources banging my head on a brick wall.

Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 13, 2018 1:45AM
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving BGs even more. The healtards, shield stackers, and permatanks have a breaking point that is much easier to reach.

The BG meta is still about teams focusing down individual players and single-target stamina builds. And all the high performing players in the first iteration of non-CP and CP battlegrounds are still getting the job done. And of course they do well together in premade groups.

My first 2 hours in BGs weren't too bad. I was still killing Chillandra(best sportsmanship in gaming ever) almost immediately, and Stand Still was solo killing EVERTHANG including me. But there's some new faces. There's still better players then myself so I can only hope to get better.

With my magplar(main) I still have a problem with high mobility builds. The good news is I don't have to build a glass cannon anymore to do damage with Sweeps against opponents wearing heavy armor because damage mitigation is far less.

I still don't like the 4v4v4. But I really enjoy the new maps especially the old Orc city where the snow clouds your vision.

• Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh and bigger maps...the maps don't allow you to escape the blobs

Nothing allows people to escape Blobs B)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm worried about my templar but my nightblade is good already because he's running the same build as when it was non CP before. In fact he got a bunch of buffs.

Haha that's great to know. I am legit considering shelving my templar lately.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resource poisons are a real problem again.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Stock up on resource poisons. Check.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even know where to start here with this post...
    Rofl...I Qued, got in immediately to a deathmath. To a game that has already started, with a few players who left early. It's not looking good.

Players "stacking on crown" is worse now. Since everyone's weaker, they don't want to get out there. Still having 4v8 is garbage, odds will never be in your favor...

Looks like you are one of those people who claim it is always "4v8." Somehow the other two teams just happened to agree to team up and come at you every single time? Give me a break. I've probably played about a thousand BG matches and I have NEVER seen two teams team up just for the hell of it. Only when one team is running away with it will the other teams sort of ignore each other and go for the team that is winning. This is to be expected and what makes 4v4v4 interesting IMO. It can be hard for one team to gain a huge advantage.
    unless you are stamina which Bgs lean HEAVY to.
    Just flat out wrong. Pretty much all competitive BG teams I know stack magicka classes. Much more utility and healing from magicka classes. Competitive players play magicka in BGs and want their teammates playing magicka classes too. I will concede that metas do change and it is possible that things swing back toward favoring stamina classes but for many months magicka has clearly been the go to in BGs,
    Too many enemies, not enough friendlies. Absolutely GARBAGE sustain. even with ele drain, desert rose. I still run out in just a few combo attemts. Notice i said attempts? Yeah cause ur not killing anything that's stacked on their four buds.
    Sustain isn't even that much different from CP. You should have no problem sustaining - especially only through "a few combo attemts." You need to learn to weave or build for more sustain or something.

And you mention that you have trouble killing anything "stacked on their four buds" well..
    BGs are not about your damage to one target at all. It feels like zerging against you in there, you need to build for absolute AOE damage and go glass canon with a healer...
    ...it is probably because for some reason you build for AOE damage. Yea dropping a lot of AOEs will make your damage numbers look great but you aren't going to get kills (as apparently you've learned that hard way). Good team will pick the best target - perhaps a healer or a very squishy target - and single target burst them down before they can be saved with a heal.

This was supposed to be a fun, relaxing mode of PVP where you didn't need to bring friends.
    This is the exact opposite of the purpose of BGs. BGs were created to introduce competitive PVP to ESO. If you want casual PVP go find a zerg in Cyro and just surf around with them. BGs are a competitive, coordinated 4v4v4 objective based matches. They are meant to be competitive.
    What it is, is a micro version of cyrodil, tri-team. All gunning for you, don't leave crown or the other zerk will kill you. Ur at a severe disadvantage without coordinated premade. It feels exactly like cyrodil...not a measure of player skill. Just...stack on crown.
    Finally something you say is true: yes, you are at a disadvantage without a coordinated premade if going up against one. I do wish ZOS did a better job of sticks solo-queuing people together and premades together.

But it is ridiculous to say BGs aren't a measure of a player's skill. I queue solo and duo all the time and do great, even against premades. Yes obviously groups will stay close together, or "stack on crown" as you say (despite there being no crown in BGs...) but that alone takes skill itself. Teams of 4 that stick together and support each other will obviously beat a solo player. What else do you expect?
    In other words. CP or not, BGs are still absolutely horribly designed, with gripes from the devs factored in before fun.

If they wanted it to be fun, they wouldn't care about perma tanks, permaheals. Cause they aren't the issue here. Premades are, and zergblod mentality is. Remove the three way fights...at this point there is no way I'm going back into a BG, even after the new ones. I'm done until Zoe realizes they *** dropped the ball and completely redesign the rules to BGs

Talking about "zergs" and getting "Zerged down" in BGs is laughable. You can't get "zerged down" in BGs when there are only 4 people on a team. BGs aren't like Cyro where you can just use the excuse of "I got zerged down" every time you die. TBH the post just seems like one big excuse for poor performance in BGs - claiming that it somehow always happens to be 4v8 against you, that you are getting "zerged down" constantly, that no-CP makes it impossible for you to sustain, that BGs are heavily geared toward stamina classes (I'm guessing you play magic), etc.

None of these are actual issues in BGs for competent players. This teaming up is never a thing (again, unless strategically it makes sense to target a team about to win CTR, for example), you can't be "zerged down" by a team of only 4, good players know how to sustain in no-CP, and premade BG teams consist of mostly magicka (which I guess is an issue to those who play stam).

Those who actually play BGs competitively and understand how to play in them will appreciate the change back to no-CP. No-CP is far superior IMO and I am very happy ZOS went back to it.
    Edited by bubbygink on February 13, 2018 7:12PM
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its a slight improvement IMO. Still have a lot of premade vs random slaughterfests. The new BGs arent really much different than the old bgs, nothing inspiring about them really. People are a bit easier to kill, but its still quite a mess.

Besides it being a bit easier to kill people, you get more AP for BGs now, which means grinding for AP isnt near as bad. I really miss well thought out BGs with objectives and strategies and more than 4vs4vs4.
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    New Orc themed map is super cool.

Lots of up-down options and no gimmicky teleport pads.

Occasional blizzard whiting out the screen limiting visibility is really neat, too.

Glad to see no-CP reinstated. Getting kills and being killed is a refreshing change from CP BGs.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stock up on resource poisons. Check.

You bamboozled me
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bubbygink I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’re a console player.

Bacon is on PC NA where most of his observations are accurate. He’s a magplar and often gets focused by the Stam toons that dominate the PC NA BGs

• Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Time to kill is down across the board and I haven't seen a single permablock tank.

Also gap closers were nerfed (:
    unknown.png
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bubbygink I’m going to go out on a limb and say you’re a console player.

Bacon is on PC NA where most of his observations are accurate. He’s a magplar and often gets focused by the Stam toons that dominate the PC NA BGs

Yeah, I played a bit of BG today and noticed that I was focused pretty heavily once groups found out I was the "tank". Healers and tanks will always be focused first.
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found that I got into my first BG quickly and it was pretty fun, a TDM which felt much less tanky across the board (including my own survivability). However after that I waited a long time for a second BG and it never happened. I hope the que system isn't messed up or something.
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    bubbygink wrote: »
    Talking about "zergs" and getting "Zerged down" in BGs is laughable. You can't get "zerged down" in BGs when there are only 4 people on a team.

actually 4 player with the same as you skill of play vs u 1 as a zerg. Zerg is too loud word for this, but feels the same.
    U need be much stronger than them to even surcive, and twice stronger to win.

About bg today, nothing changed until premade groups fight vs randoms.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    Well, two of my four well built BG character transformed to total crap because of No-CP. Gotta reinvent them from the ground. Dunno what to do with my stamplar, because Jabs seems to do next to no damage, and still impossible to land.

My MagDK is decent, Skoria and Lightning Staff seems to work very well, however I have a slight sustain issue with him. Surprisingly my Stamsorc is ridiculously OP in No-CP BGs. High crit, static health return, bloodthirst, high damage, streak, fast run speed, easy mode. I'm constantly getting 3-4K score in deathmatches as a pug with him.

The battle dynamics seems to be as same for me. There are more kills, but more deaths compensates that, especially because of death time penalty.

As overall I don't see No-CP switch as a big Solution to Everything (tm) as everyone stated, BG is more or less the same, only builds has changed.
  • JWillCHS
    JWillCHS
    ✭✭✭
    gabormezo wrote: »
    Well, two of my four well built BG character transformed to total crap because of No-CP. Gotta reinvent them from the ground. Dunno what to do with my stamplar, because Jabs seems to do next to no damage, and still impossible to land.

My MagDK is decent, Skoria and Lightning Staff seems to work very well, however I have a slight sustain issue with him. Surprisingly my Stamsorc is ridiculously OP in No-CP BGs. High crit, static health return, bloodthirst, high damage, streak, fast run speed, easy mode. I'm constantly getting 3-4K score in deathmatches as a pug with him.

The battle dynamics seems to be as same for me. There are more kills, but more deaths compensates that, especially because of death time penalty.

As overall I don't see No-CP switch as a big Solution to Everything (tm) as everyone stated, BG is more or less the same, only builds has changed.

I have a Stamplar I play using Hunding's Rage(medium) and Coward's Gear(medium). It's so much fun! But I'm more of a magplar in no-CP.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    How are you guys finding the matchmaking, the rewards and the new maps?

Matchmaking is just as non-existent as it was before :/

New AP rewards are much better! Even if I lose 3 matches, I get 21k AP now. Enough to buy lot of fancy AP sieges for Cyrodiil (or even one super fancy Forward Camp) <3 One of very few things which I like this update.

New maps... I only was in new dwemer (?) map once, was rather interesting, would be my fav map after Arcane University. Was in Orc map few times and didn't like it.
    I would love such map: a forest with rocks and trees, also some water; some caves and/or underground system. Could have summer and winter versions of it :)
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had fun in BG like i didnt have in a long time.

I was ok with magicka toon but got crushed with my stam sorc. Not sure if magicka have the upper hand, if my build is wrong or if the team i faced with my stam toon were just better.

Im used to cp and no co pvp on my stam sorc but i got focused so hard i couldnt do a thing:/

Anyone could share stam sorc amd mag sorc bg builds?

Anyone having similar issues on stam?
    Edited by Morgul667 on February 16, 2018 5:22AM
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every second piece of scrub is running MagDk.
    I had to drop my Vampire cuz my tank was melting ... and Yeah its a Zergfest in there .
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Every second piece of scrub is running MagDk.
    I had to drop my Vampire cuz my tank was melting ... and Yeah its a Zergfest in there .

I thought you were on console?

And where are all these Mag DKs? I’m counting at least 50% of the Players on PC NA as stamblades.

• PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And where are all these Mag DKs? I’m counting at least 50% of the Players on PC NA as stamblades.
    Let me finish that off for you

And 30% other stam classes. 10% mag templars and 10% other mag classes

Edited by PhoenixGrey on February 16, 2018 5:52PM
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nTEnm40.png

BGs are still BGs.

lot of new blood coming in.

Lot of high scores in the near future.
    Edited by Thogard on February 17, 2018 2:16AM

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nTEnm40.png

BGs are still BGs.

lot of new blood coming in.

Lot of high scores in the near future.

AoE execute is so unfair for these posts!