Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MAGBLADE pvp theorycrafting

• GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Trashs1 wrote: »
    kaithuzar wrote: »
    Nebbles wrote: »
    Hey all,

Been reading this thread and got a lot of great info from it. Thought I might put my quick question in here.

Destro/Resto magnb, full lightarmor, only play no-cp campaigns. Not too much of a min maxer, all those numbers hurt my head.

So, I finally got a destro staff to finish my build. Its training so I have to change its trait. In the past, sharpened was always the one to go for (Ive returned after a long break). But now I hear that infused or nirn could be better.

So, before I spend my currency on changing traits, any sage advice? Sharpened, nirm, infused (with what enchant?).

Im a simple man, so no need to overly explain why. Just trying to get viewpoints. Thanks!

Sharpened is still the way to go imo for many builds. If you're using spinners then you can probably go nirn, I would only go infused if you are using that torugs pact build.

wait what? nooo!

all nirn frontbar if not torugs pakt!

sharp does kinda 0.5% more dmg but nirn also affects your healing. dont hear on the preposter!

@kaithuzar plz dont give advices if u dont know the mechanics well....

@Trashs1 plz don't belittle me if you have no idea who you're talking to.

I'm very well aware that spell damage affects healing but he also didn't go into his playstyle or bar setup.
    Even then I still recommend sharpened as I'm currently running around with 15k pen, 3k buffed dmg & decimating people.

i didnt want to offend you and 15k pen is nice ofc. but take in your mind also shields which this penetration does nothing for. nirn is allways the better choice.

I do agree here, nirn will ALWAYS be the better choice for magblade pvp period. The class is not a burst class or whatever, the strengths come in healing a lot. If you don't play around those strengths why are you even playing magblade at this point.

When you say the strengths of a MagBlade come in healing alot, I don't see it. Although, I have to say I'm not yet quite the expert on MagBlade. I have just been playing one in PvP for a couple months now, but I just can't see how healing is the all or strength for MagBlade. To me, a MagBlade isn't at all about healing. I just like MagBlade because of the Shadow Disguise and Piercing Mark. I love when I come upon another fighting, then I assist in popping that Piercing Mark.

Unless I'm not playing it right. I've been tweaking and playing around with different sets and build since, and thus far, I am at the best I could come up with. My maj is around 43-44k, health around 25-27k and stam around 15k and spell damage (unbuffed) around 2.4k. My mag recovery is crap, though, but it is crap to compensate for the higher spell dam. For the first month, I was crap. I was getting killed left and right in 1v1 by anyone I was fighting, and I had both Merciless Resolve and Siphoning Strike slotted. I had close to 2k maj recovery then and spell dam only around 1.8-1.9k. For the past few weeks, after switching up with more spell/higher damages and less recovery, I am able to best a lot more on 1v1 and have even came out the winner on 1v2, even those who are maxed CP. Of course, I'm still getting bested here and there (usually by MagDK or StamDK that spams better healing), but I find it a bit better to have good higher outgoing damages and take them out as fast as you can.

By playing the healing game, it doesn't work for me. The only class healing abilities of a Magblade that are worth slotting for PvP are Swallow Soul and Sap Essence. Even then, with Swallow Soul, you're only getting 25% every 2 sec for 10 seconds. That is not enough whatsoever. It's still good because of the raw damage it puts out with the healing factor. With the limited slot, I have found, for me, slotting Sap Essence works better than Merciless Resolve. With Merciless, you only get 8%. I'm not sure at what point or how long it takes to reach up to that 8%. All I know is you get 20% buff spell damage with Sap Essence, plus raw direct damage and 1620 something heal for each enemy hit. For me, the perks of Sap far outweighs Merciless. I have given Merciless a good boy scout try more than several times, and it is just not so conducive to spam out to 5 light or heavy hits in order to activate Spectral Bow, due to whoever you're fighting is weaving and bouncing around like a bunny rabbit. Also, if you're fighting an experienced player (which there are so many), they can see you being a NB and gearing up for the bow. All they have to do is hold block or roll/dodge from the Bow. Also, Refreshing Path is great for PvE, but the couple k ticks you get from it doesn't help much in PvP. You're not able to be standing in the Path the whole time during the fight in PvP. Good brief expedition and spell/phy buff gain for a brief period; that's about it with the Path.

The other heal that lots favor to slot is the Siphoning or Leeching Strike. Oh sure, this is great for PvE, but again, I can't find this too effective in PvP. You're only getting about 1500 heal per tick if you actually hit, but since the enemy is countering with incoming damages that can be 4-9k per, to me, it's not worth it to slot. Again, with the limited slot, I have to slot Resolving Vigor, which is not as effective for mag than stam toon, but it's a better life saver healing, particularly, when hit by a siege weapon. Stam toons, particularly, DK, Templars and even StamBlade benefit greatly with Vigor; whereas, us mag toon do not as much. Plus DK can stack it with Forward Momentum, and Templar can stack it with BoL. I can't count how many damn times I have fought these stam toons and their health is almost depleted, then they pop Vigor and their health just soar to 3/4 to almost full. I'm like, Jesus ffing Christ, I almost had them.

To me, healing is not the best feature of a MagBlade, or maybe you experts are doing something better or right, but I just don't see it that a MagBlade is all about healing. Although, I have read about folks using resto for the healing, and I have thought about it and may try it one of these days. Could using resto be the secret with certain folks claiming the strength of healing with a MagBlade?
    Edited by GreenhaloX on February 3, 2018 3:22PM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Nebbles wrote: »
    Hey all,

Been reading this thread and got a lot of great info from it. Thought I might put my quick question in here.

Destro/Resto magnb, full lightarmor, only play no-cp campaigns. Not too much of a min maxer, all those numbers hurt my head.

So, I finally got a destro staff to finish my build. Its training so I have to change its trait. In the past, sharpened was always the one to go for (Ive returned after a long break). But now I hear that infused or nirn could be better.

So, before I spend my currency on changing traits, any sage advice? Sharpened, nirm, infused (with what enchant?).

Im a simple man, so no need to overly explain why. Just trying to get viewpoints. Thanks!

Sharpened is still the way to go imo for many builds. If you're using spinners then you can probably go nirn, I would only go infused if you are using that torugs pact build.

wait what? nooo!

all nirn frontbar if not torugs pakt!

sharp does kinda 0.5% more dmg but nirn also affects your healing. dont hear on the preposter!

@kaithuzar plz dont give advices if u dont know the mechanics well....

@Trashs1 plz don't belittle me if you have no idea who you're talking to.

I'm very well aware that spell damage affects healing but he also didn't go into his playstyle or bar setup.
    Even then I still recommend sharpened as I'm currently running around with 15k pen, 3k buffed dmg & decimating people.

i didnt want to offend you and 15k pen is nice ofc. but take in your mind also shields which this penetration does nothing for. nirn is allways the better choice.

I do agree here, nirn will ALWAYS be the better choice for magblade pvp period. The class is not a burst class or whatever, the strengths come in healing a lot. If you don't play around those strengths why are you even playing magblade at this point.

When you say the strengths of a MagBlade come in healing alot, I don't see it. Although, I have to say I'm not yet quite the expert on MagBlade. I have just been playing one in PvP for a couple months now, but I just can't see how healing is the all or strength for MagBlade. To me, a MagBlade isn't at all about healing. I just like MagBlade because of the Shadow Disguise and Piercing Mark. I love when I come upon another fighting, then I assist in popping that Piercing Mark.

Unless I'm not playing it right. I've been tweaking and playing around with different sets and build since, and thus far, I am at the best I could come up with. My maj is around 43-44k, health around 25-27k and stam around 15k and spell damage (unbuffed) around 2.4k. My mag recovery is crap, though, but it is crap to compensate for the higher spell dam. For the first month, I was crap. I was getting killed left and right in 1v1 by anyone I was fighting, and I had both Merciless Resolve and Siphoning Strike slotted. I had close to 2k maj recovery then and spell dam only around 1.8-1.9k. For the past few weeks, after switching up with more spell/higher damages and less recovery, I am able to best a lot more on 1v1 and have even came out the winner on 1v2, even those who are maxed CP. Of course, I'm still getting bested here and there (usually by MagDK or StamDK that spams better healing), but I find it a bit better to have good higher outgoing damages and take them out as fast as you can.

By playing the healing game, it doesn't work for me. The only class healing abilities of a Magblade that are worth slotting for PvP are Swallow Soul and Sap Essence. Even then, with Swallow Soul, you're only getting 25% every 2 sec for 10 seconds. That is not enough whatsoever. It's still good because of the raw damage it puts out with the healing factor. With the limited slot, I have found, for me, slotting Sap Essence works better than Merciless Resolve. With Merciless, you only get 8%. I'm not sure at what point or how long it takes to reach up to that 8%. All I know is you get 20% buff spell damage with Sap Essence, plus raw direct damage and 1620 something heal for each enemy hit. For me, the perks of Sap far outweighs Merciless. I have given Merciless a good boy scout try more than several times, and it is just not so conducive to spam out to 5 light or heavy hits in order to activate Spectral Bow, due to whoever you're fighting is weaving and bouncing around like a bunny rabbit. Also, if you're fighting an experienced player (which there are so many), they can see you being a NB and gearing up for the bow. All they have to do is hold block or roll/dodge from the Bow. Also, Refreshing Path is great for PvE, but the couple k ticks you get from it doesn't help much in PvP. You're not able to be standing in the Path the whole time during the fight in PvP. Good brief expedition and spell/phy buff gain for a brief period; that's about it with the Path.

The other heal that lots favor to slot is the Siphoning or Leeching Strike. Oh sure, this is great for PvE, but again, I can't find this too effective in PvP. You're only getting about 1500 heal per tick if you actually hit, but since the enemy is countering with incoming damages that can be 4-9k per, to me, it's not worth it to slot. Again, with the limited slot, I have to slot Resolving Vigor, which is not as effective for mag than stam toon, but it's a better life saver healing, particularly, when hit by a siege weapon. Stam toons, particularly, DK, Templars and even StamBlade benefit greatly with Vigor; whereas, us mag toon do not as much. Plus DK can stack it with Forward Momentum, and Templar can stack it with BoL. I can't count how many damn times I have fought these stam toons and their health is almost depleted, then they pop Vigor and their health just soar to 3/4 to almost full. I'm like, Jesus ffing Christ, I almost had them.

To me, healing is not the best feature of a MagBlade, or maybe you experts are doing something better or right, but I just don't see it that a MagBlade is all about healing. Although, I have read about folks using resto for the healing, and I have thought about it and may try it one of these days. Could using resto be the secret with certain folks claiming the strength of healing with a MagBlade?

So I'm gonna start this by saying, to each his own. Alot of different play styles out there.

The reason he says healing is essential is because of swallow soul as your spammable. If you're running a destro/resto magblade it's all about weaving light attacks with with swallow soul in order to proc mercy for a big burst. The heals you can get from weaving like that with siphon strikes and degeneration can out heal alot of attacks. And while you're out healing some damage you're also dealing a good bit of damage. This playstyle is all about kiting and keeping your enemy on the defensive or at a distance. Then you have the resto back bar using healing ward and possibly harness magic and resto ult to protect yourself from the enemy burst.
  • MrDenimChicken
    MrDenimChicken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Abstraqt wrote: »
    Just scrolling through and thought of throw in my opinions, I only play mag nb so I hope it helps (they are just opinions, run whatever you like I'm just saying what I personally think)

Spinners is a waste, go warmaiden

Wizards reposte is a waste, you get the same thing from fear and shade (I saw the "what if you've got 5 people on you?" Argument and let's face it, you're dead either way.)

All you need is necropotence, willpower and a monster set

Dual wield does work but it's only alright for duels

Shacklebreaker is also really good

Whatever you're doing you need between 1.8-2.2k regen

Stacking into max mag is your best bet as it's super easy on a NB

Amber plasm > lich

Spell damage doesn't matter just get high max mag

Skoria or infernal for monster set

If you go destro get the masters inferno staff

Light armour all the way, heavy armour nb's had their time but it's gone now

If you want to go one piece undaunted sets just stack max mag again

The new gold clockwork city food or witchmothers brew for food/drink

Atro mundus

2k - 2.5k crit resist

Soul tether or soul harvest for ult front bar & resto ult back

Spam cripple to control people

Questions? I have various build vids on my channel and lots of vids showcasing them in various situations.

I play on ps4 EU so my answers are tailored for the players on that system, feel free to ask questions :)

v - one of my vids.

https://youtu.be/PBTT7-yQAUM

You sir are the first magblade on forums that i can respect now. Everything you said I agree with, the max mag stacking over spell damage, the use of wizards riposte on magblades is idiotic, don’t use heavy armour over light, and especially spam cripple. You won’t believe the amount of ignorant magblades I see doing the exact opposite trying to say heavy is good and you don’t need harness on magblade and etc..
    Just scrolling through and thought of throw in my opinions, I only play mag nb so I hope it helps (they are just opinions, run whatever you like I'm just saying what I personally think)

Wizards reposte is a waste, you get the same thing from fear and shade (I saw the "what if you've got 5 people on you?" Argument and let's face it, you're dead either way.)

Amber plasm > lich

Atro mundus

2k - 2.5k crit resist

Questions? I have various build vids on my channel and lots of vids showcasing them in various situations.

I play on ps4 EU so my answers are tailored for the players on that system, feel free to ask questions :)

v - one of my vids.

You sir are the first magblade on forums that i can respect now. Everything you said I agree with, the max mag stacking over spell damage, the use of wizards riposte on magblades is idiotic, don’t use heavy armour over light, and especially spam cripple. You won’t believe the amount of ignorant magblades I see doing the exact opposite trying to say heavy is good and you don’t need harness on magblade and etc..

why is max magicka > spell damage? I'm not too experienced so I would love to know:)
  • cbro72
    cbro72
    ✭✭
    Max Magicka increases your magic pool, increases shield size and increases spell damage all at the same time.
    I think it is for 100 magicka equals approximately 1point of spell damage.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What do people run in no CP where stacking max magicka becomes less efficient?
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Amber plasm > lich

Atro mundus

2k - 2.5k crit resist

v - one of my vids.

Amber plasm > lich

Atro mundus

2k - 2.5k crit resist

v - one of my vids.

why is max magicka > spell damage? I'm not too experienced so I would love to know:)

The benefit of stacking max Magicka is that it's easier to stack than spell damage. the bigger resource pool also helps with resource management. I wouldn't say it's more effective than spell damage though unless you are planning on using damage shields though which most magblade don't use anymore because hots and mobility are better for open world. For dueling though a big damage shield is really strong. Which is more effective will ultimately depend on how you choose to play your magblade
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Trying out 1 domihaus since I was able to get it today however, not sure what I want to pair with it & keep swapping between shadowrend or kena

I feel I'm at the point where I'm really struggling because I can add damage, use the 1 kena, and even swap my 1 recovery glyph on jewelry but, when testing the numbers, it's such a small amount of increased damage compared to what someone is able to mitigate once they decide to hold block.

I'm fighting this sword & board guy but he doesn't hold block until the minute he's in or close to execute range, my next couple attacks either miss or have 95% of their damage mitigated & he's healed to full

My previous tactics of path & grothdar don't really work on this guy because he's also got me in ground aoe dmg, oh he's also using wings.

It's just a really tough matchup.

The only way I might be able to win is either stacking cp into befoul, but how much?
    The other way is race changing to Argonian which I don't particularly want to do.

Also, he's running his open world build on me & im running my open world build, so I don't really want to swap sets to build specifically for dueling or just to fight him.
    Edited by kaithuzar on February 4, 2018 4:29AM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guys what are your thoughts on this PURE GANK PROCALYPSE build for next patch 2h melee magnb

5 piece Calurions front bar (2h sword)
    5 overwhelming back bar (resto)
    2 zaan/valkyn

Skills front bar: concealed, Stealth, cripple, Mage light, forward momentum, incap

Skills back bar: Entropy, healing ward, shadow image, Merciless, double take, soul tether

With this set up it might require using a combination of witch mothers, atronarch and possibly mag recovery glyphs just to sustain. As well as being argonian or high elf.

Rotation is as follows
    - Buff with double take and Merciless, pop shadow image (by now overwhelming should be up). Then Entropy to get major sorcerery and Empower
    - switch to front bar and stealth followed by incapacitating (proccing Calurions). If valkyn/zaan pops as well you should execute them easily, as well as concealed to finish them off.
    - if they try to escape spam cripple on them and keep pressure
    - forward momentum + immov pot to run away before getting 10v1
    - repeat steps 1 and 2 on another poor zergling

Let me know what u guys think. Cancer I know but this is purely for open world ganking
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    surge isnt a good ganking set... since ppl often dont have their shields up when u gank.. i would sugest spinners but nOT backbar only and for monster 1 domihaus

or dw and 2 skoria / pirate skeleton for tankyness

other good gank set would be torugs with wfire dmg enchant and infused weapons
    Edited by Trashs1 on February 4, 2018 8:22AM
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Exodium
    Exodium
    ✭✭✭✭
    surge isnt a good ganking set... since ppl often dont have their shields up when u gank.. i would sugest spinners but nOT backbar only and for monster 1 domihaus

What? Overwhelming can be back barred, it can proc off balance + concussion and it adds insane pressure imagine if paired with zaan lol

EDIT: Also, its 2-4 pieces are all spell damage/Max magicka based so it adds some recent raw stats as well
    Edited by Exodium on February 4, 2018 9:31AM
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »
    Guys what are your thoughts on this PURE GANK PROCALYPSE build for next patch 2h melee magnb

5 piece Calurions front bar (2h sword)
    5 overwhelming back bar (resto)
    2 zaan/valkyn

Skills front bar: concealed, Stealth, cripple, Mage light, forward momentum, incap

Skills back bar: Entropy, healing ward, shadow image, Merciless, double take, soul tether

With this set up it might require using a combination of witch mothers, atronarch and possibly mag recovery glyphs just to sustain. As well as being argonian or high elf.

Rotation is as follows
    - Buff with double take and Merciless, pop shadow image (by now overwhelming should be up). Then Entropy to get major sorcerery and Empower
    - switch to front bar and stealth followed by incapacitating (proccing Calurions). If valkyn/zaan pops as well you should execute them easily, as well as concealed to finish them off.
    - if they try to escape spam cripple on them and keep pressure
    - forward momentum + immov pot to run away before getting 10v1
    - repeat steps 1 and 2 on another poor zergling

Let me know what u guys think. Cancer I know but this is purely for open world ganking

Idk about a gank blade not running impale. Need a quick finisher. And unless they fix shade, it's not worth a skill slot in its current state.
    Edited by Datthaw on February 4, 2018 1:14PM
  • roarr
    roarr
    ✭✭✭
    Ok guys, I need to ask (having returned to eso after almost a year, im planning to play magblade ) - what are possible playstyles for magblade? How do you play it?

I dont like big scale, im planning to play BGs and some small scale (do you recommend CP or non-CP? i got like 395cps). What do you suggest? I don't like counting on burst, prefer being brawler, having sustain, mobility and suff.

I will appreciate any tips.
  • Vermintide
    Vermintide
    ✭✭✭✭
    Datthaw wrote: »
    The heals you can get from weaving like that with siphon strikes and degeneration can out heal alot of attacks

I keep hearing people talk about this as a major strength of magblades but, so far as I can see, battle spirit totally neuters that. At least, it does for no-CP. One of the builds I toyed around I'd slot swallow, degeneration, siphoning, path, absorb health enchant, AND in heavy armour. I still had to rely on ward because my self-healing was barely touching 1k per tick.

You would have thought all those HOTs add up, but when the HOT is based on the damage done, battle spirit hits it twice as hard- Once on the way out and once on the way back. Are people mostly talking about CP enabled PVP when they say this, where you can pump stats into the healing received node?

Or are they just talking out of their rear end?
    roarr wrote: »
    I don't like counting on burst, prefer being brawler, having sustain, mobility and suff.

Magblade is pretty much entirely about counting on burst. You will have plenty of options for mobility and sustain, if you can make the agonizing choices over where to fit them on your bar, but there is no getting away from the merciless because it's literally all we have.
    Edited by Vermintide on February 4, 2018 3:25PM
  • roarr
    roarr
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, what should i be focused on with gear? spell pen/ spell dmg?
    I am afraid i run out of resources pretty fast. God, im so bad at making builds in this game.
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »
    The heals you can get from weaving like that with siphon strikes and degeneration can out heal alot of attacks

I keep hearing people talk about this as a major strength of magblades but, so far as I can see, battle spirit totally neuters that. At least, it does for no-CP. One of the builds I toyed around I'd slot swallow, degeneration, siphoning, path, absorb health enchant, AND in heavy armour. I still had to rely on ward because my self-healing was barely touching 1k per tick.

You would have thought all those HOTs add up, but when the HOT is based on the damage done, battle spirit hits it twice as hard- Once on the way out and once on the way back. Are people mostly talking about CP enabled PVP when they say this, where you can pump stats into the healing received node?

I don't like counting on burst, prefer being brawler, having sustain, mobility and suff.

Magblade is pretty much entirely about counting on burst. You will have plenty of options for mobility and sustain, if you can make the agonizing choices over where to fit them on your bar, but there is no getting away from the merciless because it's literally all we have.

Yeah I play cp. But the healing from swallow soul isn't reduced twice it's based off a percent of the damage done so it's only reduced by what battle spirit does to atracks. And siphon and degeneration are not exactly hots only refreshing. Siphon and degeneration only heal from light or heavy attacks so you have to be on the offensive to heal. So the 1k heal tick makes sense because it's just the tick from refreshing.

If you want a hot based heavy armor build I would really suggest running something with troll king. Run it with resto back bar with refreshing, mutagen or rapid healing, and actually shrewd offering (just be careful with you cast) but the heals actually really good if you keep it up and have mutagen and tk to help save you if you opponent tried to time a burst to your cast of it.
    Edited by Datthaw on February 4, 2018 5:02PM
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vermintide wrote: »

Yeah I play cp. But the healing from swallow soul isn't reduced twice it's based off a percent of the damage done so it's only reduced by what battle spirit does to atracks. And siphon and degeneration are not exactly hots only refreshing. Siphon and degeneration only heal from light or heavy attacks so you have to be on the offensive to heal. So the 1k heal tick makes sense because it's just the tick from refreshing.

If you want a hot based heavy armor build I would really suggest running something with troll king. Run it with resto back bar with refreshing, mutagen or rapid healing, and actually shrewd offering (just be careful with you cast) but the heals actually really good if you keep it up and have mutagen and tk to help save you if you opponent tried to time a burst to your cast of it.

If everything procs my build has a theoretical 7-8k hps. That's all I'll say about offhealing and magblades...
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few questions about the healing aspect, how many points are you putting into cp tree for blessed & quick recovery?
    Also are you an Argonian? (This is key to this particular build/playstyle)
    Edited by kaithuzar on February 4, 2018 6:33PM
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few questions about the healing aspect, how many points are you putting into cp tree for blessed & quick recovery?

Yeah I'm an argonian, and I also put points into both healing CP trees, albeit not that much. Think I have like ~5% in each, but it adds up. My build also has insane burst that you can jump straight into from the defensive, so that helps relieve pressure in a duel. I'm not a vamp though, so no undeath but also no nasty 12k leaps...
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I'm an argonian, and I also put points into both healing CP trees, albeit not that much. Think I have like ~5% in each, but it adds up. My build also has insane burst that you can jump straight into from the defensive, so that helps relieve pressure in a duel. I'm not a vamp though, so no undeath but also no nasty 12k leaps...

Yeah lol vamp totally has its downsides. I run vamp because I'm addicted to the stealth sped plus the regen is nice. But oh boy magdks kick my ass, let a leap catch me with no shield and it's rip.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, what should i be focused on with gear? spell pen/ spell dmg?
    I am afraid i run out of resources pretty fast. God, im so bad at making builds in this game.

The way I build my magblade is that I build survivability first meaning I get my damage mitigation, health and sustain where I want it and then I focus on damage second. The reason I do this is because if you don't have enough mitigation you can't take full advantage of your hots. If you find your are running out of Magicka too fast add more regen. As a magblade your natural burst will be high so you don't really have to focus on damage. double utility set and skoria is really strong for magblade open world. Just remember the harder it is for your opponent to lower your health and the more health you have the more effective your heals will be
  • thedude33
    thedude33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been theory crafting a tanky magblade to support bursty stamblade in open world pvp cp campaign. So many options.
    1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
    1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Exodium wrote: »

What? Overwhelming can be back barred, it can proc off balance + concussion and it adds insane pressure imagine if paired with zaan lol

EDIT: Also, its 2-4 pieces are all spell damage/Max magicka based so it adds some recent raw stats as well

we talked about a ganking build right?? did u watch how often surge procs? often thats right and than u need luck to aply concussion (3% chance of every surge dot tick)

surge is a verry good set ofc but never back bar! if u use it it has to be on front bar and thats not a ganking build its a sustained dmg build than

also if u have it backbar, where usually your cloak sits, it pull you out of it. surge is more a melee mageblade or magplar set

#checkmats
    Edited by Trashs1 on February 5, 2018 7:31AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Since friday i run 5 light, 1 heavy (chest) and 1 medium pants. I was always 7 Light. But survivability went up.

Also i added extra health by wearing 1 piece of skoria and switched Julianos 5 piece with Krangnerac 5 pience. Kragnerac gives +health, + magicka, mag regeneration and extra damage (and faster rezzing). My other set it still warmaiden.

I now have 25k healh.

Yesterday some stamblade using shieldbreaker sniped me, but didn't kill me instant. So i popped a ward and heard that annoying sound of shieldbreaker. I was so happy i had a bit more health then before and swallow soul saved my ass. Healing me and killing the stamblade.

Although maybe not the best sets, i do really love Kragnerac because it's also craftable. I do wish i had my lich set complete so i could put that on my backbar and a damage set on my front bar so i could wear a full monsterset.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    Since friday i run 5 light, 1 heavy (chest) and 1 medium pants. I was always 7 Light. But survivability went up.

Also i added extra health by wearing 1 piece of skoria and switched Julianos 5 piece with Krangnerac 5 pience. Kragnerac gives +health, + magicka, mag regeneration and extra damage (and faster rezzing). My other set it still warmaiden.

I now have 25k healh.

Yesterday some stamblade using shieldbreaker sniped me, but didn't kill me instant. So i popped a ward and heard that annoying sound of shieldbreaker. I was so happy i had a bit more health then before and swallow soul saved my ass. Healing me and killing the stamblade.

Although maybe not the best sets, i do really love Kragnerac because it's also craftable. I do wish i had my lich set complete so i could put that on my backbar and a damage set on my front bar so i could wear a full monsterset.

i needed 78 runs of coh1 for my lich restro...
    Edited by Trashs1 on February 6, 2018 4:41AM
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I now have 25k healh.

Dang :(.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I now have 25k healh.

Lol I did a few lich runs a few weeks back to get a well fitted pair of gloves. In 3 runs it dropped 3 restos, 2 1h weapons and 1 shield (I got a guy give me one of his 1h, I had the rest). I was shocked.
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Got bored this weekend so I decided to try something. Thank you @KenaPKK for the theorycrafting help as well.

I built a deathknight.

5 piece heavy shackle
    5 piece wizards
    2 piece malubeths

I have been switching between snb front bar to rock both sets but I think if I can get forward momentum ill go with a 2h and just keep wizards resto back bar because snares are still an issue. I also swap out malubeths for skoria if I need a little more burst.

This build is tanky as hell, but the best part is you dont have to play defensive on this build. A lot of times people will just pass you up after they hit you and dont take down much HP but that merciless combo still hits like a truck. I'm at around 3.5k SD with 28k HP and 34k magicka. Since my SD is a little low, wizards pulls people down to my SD level to make the fight even, but I'm in heavy and layer HoTs and have the utility of a magblade so its been fun so far.
    Edited by Dreth on February 6, 2018 1:36PM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I now have 25k healh.

If it's any consolation, I've been hunting the Rattlecage Inferno staff and I'm around 110 runs deep so far with no luck. I currently have:
    - 2 Restos
    - 2 Lightning staves
    - 1 Ice staff
    - 2 Greatswords
    - 3 swords
    - 2 Daggers
    ...and I've decon'ed quite a few shields and bows too. That's excluding all the oblivion and worm cult trash I've picked during those runs and all the jewellery.

In other words, you got off lightly.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreth wrote: »
    Got bored this weekend so I decided to try something. Thank you @KenaPKK for the theorycrafting help as well.

I built a deathknight.

5 piece heavy shackle
    5 piece wizards
    2 piece malubeths

I have been switching between snb front bar to rock both sets but I think if I can get forward momentum ill go with a 2h and just keep wizards resto back bar because snares are still an issue. I also swap out malubeths for skoria if I need a little more burst.

This build is tanky as hell, but the best part is you dont have to play defensive on this build. A lot of times people will just pass you up after they hit you and dont take down much HP but that merciless combo still hits like a truck. I'm at around 3.5k SD with 28k HP and 34k magicka. Since my SD is a little low, wizards pulls people down to my SD level to make the fight even, but I'm in heavy and layer HoTs and have the utility of a magblade so its been fun so far.

There is absolutely 0 reason to do shackle front as opposed to something like julianos. If you're going to go that route (heavy + riposte), juli is your best choice. You're already tanky enough from heavy + crazy heals from the class itself, I'd go with 2p skoria or something along those lines.

My heavy magblade setup (well one of them) and the one that I've played the most is heavy juli/riposte/skoria with 3 dmg glyphs and dmg mundus. The damage it ditches out is absolutely insane! Arguably BiS if you wanna run riposte and heavy, since I can run vamp for undeath craziness and have insane burst.

Rattle cage is a really trashy set imo, waste of a 5p straight out.

Edit: just saw you're running a s/b setup, my bad. I guess that works? Idk, the heavy setup I was talking about was destro/resto.
    Edited by Subversus on February 6, 2018 5:38PM
  • Dreth
    Dreth
    ✭✭✭
    Where are you getting sustain from?