Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

new 15 day and 7 day research scrolls

magictucktuck
magictucktuck
✭✭✭✭✭
what do you think? it helps with alts. also i am master crafter on xbox but still researching on pc so it will help me.
PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No complaints from me, although I’d like the same to be available to buy/trade through the Master Writ Vendor. Assuming that’s the case, all good.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    No complaints from me, although I’d like the same to be available to buy/trade through the Master Writ Vendor. Assuming that’s the case, all good.

I didn't think about that, i would think they are also craftable. but with a cool down. i wonder if the cool-down would be 15 days? or 24 hours like the 1 day craft-able ones
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• monktoasty
    monktoasty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pay to win feature. Instant 9 trait masters with enough $$$$

If this is the road they want..why not sell lvl 50 scrolls and 100 200 300 skill points scrolls
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    monktoasty wrote: »

If this is the road they want..why not sell lvl 50 scrolls and 100 200 300 skill points scrolls

So are mount speed and stamina pay to win in Cyrodiil? I kill plenty of people on low stamina and speed mounts between keeps and usually the fast riders with max stamina don't get knocked down as easily and can make it to the keep for the AP tick. More AP = $$$$$.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • jlboozer
      jlboozer
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It is edging ever closer to a p2w item in my opinion. So I had to take a whole year to be a 9 trait crafter, but now any kid with his moms credit card can get on day 1 and pay his way to 9 traits. I really don't like the way this is going, not to mention it cheapens all the time I spent actually researching my way to being a 9 trait crafter. I hope ZoS rethinks this, it's a horrible idea.
    • thedude33
      thedude33
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Me thinks there a lot of people chomping at the bit to be able to scream P2W !!!

They have been saying it for years so why not give it to them.
      1v1 Win/Loss Record in PvP.
      1 Wins - 392 Losses (guy was AFK)

• firedrgn
      firedrgn
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      If they would come out with some more crafted sets they might sell or id they do ad spell crafting they will sell like hotcakes. Assuming its tied to crafting. My guess is yes .
    • Danikat
      Danikat
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I haven't researched all of the traits yet, but I have no intention of buying this. Unless for some reason you're in a desperate rush to finish your research it seems like a waste of money.

I'm sure some people will buy it though.
      PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
    • DeadlyRecluse
      DeadlyRecluse
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      In the first year or so of the game, I'd say it was dangerously close to pay to win...

But at this point, everyone either has a 9 trait crafter or knows one--if they even use crafted gear. I have no real problem with monetizing accelerated crafting research, and it isn't going to make any difference in terms of endgame PvP, PvE, or economics.

So while it feels pay to win...what does it help you win? Master writs, maybe, but the drop rate on that is low and mysterious.
      Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    • Elsonso
      Elsonso
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I’d like the same to be available to buy/trade through the Master Writ Vendor.

Agreed. They need to improve the in-game "premium" offering, too.
      Edited by Elsonso on January 31, 2018 7:42PM
      PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
      XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
      X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      In the first year or so of the game, I'd say it was dangerously close to pay to win...

But at this point, everyone either has a 9 trait crafter or knows one--if they even use crafted gear. I have no real problem with monetizing accelerated crafting research, and it isn't going to make any difference in terms of endgame PvP, PvE, or economics.

So while it feels pay to win...what does it help you win? Master writs, maybe, but the drop rate on that is low and mysterious.
      This the most popular crafted sets are 6 traits or below, if you want an 8 or 9 trait one its no issue getting some to craft it.
      Grinding just make you go in circles.
      Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    • Turelus
      Turelus
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It feels dirty because of what it is (skipping game investment for money) but as others have said at this point in ESO it makes no difference.
      @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
      "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    • magictucktuck
      magictucktuck
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      im 100 percent against anything pay to win.. but how is this pay to win lol ?
      PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

• Amadis001
      Amadis001
      ✭✭✭✭
      Too much pay-to-win. I've sweated out 9 traits on my crafter over the last 15 months, and I'm not happy that anyone with $$ can just catch up and then influence the in-game economy adverse to my interests.
      // Amadis of Gaul -- DK Nord (Lvl 50 CP 1000)
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

1 million vouchers. No, no. 1 billion vouchers.
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm on the 8-9 trait border with most of my crafts, the long way, but I'm curious. What exactly do you "win" with mastering 9 traits?
    • KingYogi415
      KingYogi415
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭

I'm on the 8-9 trait border with most of my crafts, the long way, but I'm curious. What exactly do you "win" with mastering 9 traits?

Instead of paying a more dedicated player to craft a 9-trait set, you can just craft it yourself.

Then you and the legions of other P2W players start selling 9-trait sets, hurting the market and ruining the time and gold invested by non P2W players.

Pretty basic.
      Edited by KingYogi415 on January 31, 2018 10:34PM
    • Kiralyn2000
      Kiralyn2000
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Instead of paying a more dedicated player to craft a 9-trait set, you can just craft it yourself.

Then you and the legions of other P2W players start selling 9-trait sets, hurting the market and ruining the time and gold invested non P2W players all went through.

Pretty basic.

Don't worry, I'm not selling anything. The whole exclusionary "guild vendor" economy thing, you know. /shrug
      Of course, I've also never bought any crafted set gear, either. Eh, whatever.

(hmm, I have bought a small handful of crafted items, but just Nirnhoned things for research.)

...honestly, across all the MMOs I've played, and all the crafters I've tried to max out as far as I could manage, I've never bought into the whole "I'm a dedicated crafter, the game owes me profit" argument.
    • Kuramas9tails
      Kuramas9tails
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Amadis001 wrote: »
      Too much pay-to-win. I've sweated out 9 traits on my crafter over the last 15 months, and I'm not happy that anyone with $$ can just catch up and then influence the in-game economy adverse to my interests.

I sweated out 9 traits on my crafter a year ago and I don't wish that upon anyone. There's not a single 9 trait craftable set that is BIS. Julianos is only 6 traits to craft AND in a DLC content. Is that Pay to win too? It's BIS for magic DPS. What about the motifs they sell in game? Is that Pay to win? :* What about Maelstrom weapons? Pay to win? Asylum weapons? Pay to win? Motifs that drop in DLC areas? Pay to win? Moondancer? I can go on and on that are legitimate BIS gear that you need to pay real money to get. Letting someone finish all their crafting research is the least of my worries and should never have taken as long as it did for research.
      Edited by Kuramas9tails on January 31, 2018 8:39PM
        Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
        New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
        AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
        AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
        FOR THE QUEEN!
        PS4/NA
      • rynth
        rynth
        ✭✭✭✭✭

dang slow down there little buckaroo you just went straight to ludicrous speed.

It's not P2W by now a large amount of players have at least one or know of people that have all nine traits, this is a way for those that are just joining the game and have the money to spend the money to be able to craft faster or those that have alts. This game has been out for what like three years now? your going to find that there will be eventually more and more ways for people that are casual have ways to catch up. I would not be surprised if in a year or so you see scrolls or character tokens that boost you to lvl 50 (and that too isn't P2W) because there is a ton of content you have to do to get skill pts etc. along the way.
        When asked what he would do for a Klondike bar. Grand Moff Tarkin said "why I would blow up Alderaan."
      • ntheogenic
        ntheogenic
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        The 1 day scrolls from the crown store already do not have a cooldown.

These items change nothing. Think of them as cheaper (probably) bundles.
        GDBY
      • kringled_1
        kringled_1
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭

Then you and the legions of other P2W players start selling 9-trait sets, hurting the market and ruining the time and gold invested non P2W players all went through.

Pretty basic.

What market? Most 8-9 trait sets are incredibly niche. I've seen TBS in guild stores but can't imagine a reason to run it over a 6 trait. Kag's hope is occasionally recommended, I encounter stamblades using eternal hunt in Cyrodiil regularly but that's about it.
        You can ask on the crafting forum but I don't think item crafting is particularly profitable these days.
      • monktoasty
        monktoasty
        ✭✭✭✭✭

It means you pay to max level. Yes paying for horse speed is pay to win. Yes paying for instant trait learnage is pay to win. It doesn't technically need to have an award or advantage..it just winning that completion with money.

What if you pay for achievements? It doesn't matter if you pay 50 dollars for master fisherman..but it certainly is..an icky feeling knowing your work and dedication means nothing..that thec6 months or a year or whatever time you took can just be bought in minutes

Edited by monktoasty on January 31, 2018 9:10PM
      • SydneyGrey
        SydneyGrey
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        Just making something go a little faster is not "pay to win."

• Runefang
        Runefang
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        ESO+ learns traits 10% faster, is that pay to win?
      • Cernow
        Cernow
        ✭✭✭✭
        I think throwing around the term "pay to win" isn't helpful. No-one is winning anything significant by reaching 9 traits quickly.

However .....

It might be better to call it "pay to bypass a grind" because that's essentially what it is.

And it's really not good for the game. All it does is encourage the devs to throw horrible grinds into the game and then allow people willing to throw lots of money at it to skip those grinds.

Bear in mind that a lot of people forced to endure the grinds are already paying an ESO+ sub, which whilst it does speed some grinds up a little doesn't do so by much. It's nonsense like this that makes me think seriously about my ESO+ sub when it's taken me many many months to grind out my mount abilities and traits.
      • jedtb16_ESO
        jedtb16_ESO
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        how is it pay to win?

dropped gear tends to be better than crafted. the market for crafted gear, beyond specific traits, has never been that great.

the only reason i've done crafting is to make gear for alts.... so?
      • Wreuntzylla
        Wreuntzylla
        ✭✭✭✭✭
        ✭✭
        Everyone is missing the big picture. I'm a good example.

Started at early release and now have some 16-18 full 9/9 crafters.

With 9/9, in theory, you receive more master writs. In practice, if I run them all through daily writs, I will have 50-100 master writs in a week.

Vouchers are very profitable. Furniture recipes, a number of gold recipes, target dummies, attunement stations, the 1 day research accelerator.

Now people can buy their way to something I worked towards over the life of the game, with the end result being the ruination of any voucher related market that exists....

Eh, I'm not against it, I certainly got mileage out of the exclusivity period. But there should be some benefit for time in the saddle. Maybe a t-shirt that says "I'm a full year 9/9 loser!"
      • ClockworkCityBugs
        ClockworkCityBugs
        ✭✭✭
        @ZOS_GinaBruno
        any in-game replacements for this scrolls?
        or it will be crown store only versions?
      • Eatmyface
        Eatmyface
        ✭✭✭
        I haven't been playing long enough to really have a gripe against this / feel cheated... I'm 8-9 traits on everything and was looking forward to getting finishing that one off... Now getting my 9th trait crafted will be a bit "meh".