Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Trying to build a fireplace from blocks -.-

Tapio75
Tapio75
✭✭✭✭✭
Has anyone managed to do this in reasonable time? I have tried and tried but since the tools are what they are, i can only make a decent platform for it. The actual bricks up from that are almost impossible to align, not to mention build it high enough to make it same time, look realistic and not like the falling tower of Pisa.

I whink there would be great market for fireplaces that are allready build for placement since not all houses have fireplaces.
>>PC-EU Mostly PVE. Played since BETA<<
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When housing launched it took me about an hour to build one in my home . I used the large slabs recessed into a wall for easier dimensions .
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tapio75 wrote: »
    I think there would be great market for fireplaces that are already built...

Crown store exclusive incoming!
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/365467/decorating-hints-tips-ideas/p1 includes ideas on making fireplaces.

For alignment, if you are on PC you can check the ESOUI mods site under the Homestead category, there are a couple of mods to allow micro-adjustment of item location.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, maybe those slabs are more smooth so they align better than rough blocks.. Its just that i have a ton of blocks i retrieved from Autums gate ground to use so i thought i try with them. A tool that automatically makes a straight pile of blocks would be great. I think a new provisioning station would do good as well, the couple that are available, do not fit the more "high end" housings :/ At least not in my eye. Have to check that ESOui, not an unfamiliar place :)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It takes me about ten minutes to build a fireplace from scratch using various blocks, a nice coppery backplate, and some flaming firelogs.
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After reading thge tips, i managed to do this one.

https://imgur.com/a/5aGyn

Its not easy to me to build stuff like that due my diabetic retinopathy but seems that few tips can make a difference, thanks :)

Edited by Tapio75 on January 9, 2018 6:15PM
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    Here is my humble kitchen. I just started and a stupid restriction of 200 subjects does not let me do something really interesting. (yes even 400 items per house is extremely small!). But I was able to make a furnace in a modern style, fastenation for utensils and accessories and even a exhaust ventilation :)
    34s0fzl0d9l0.png
    eco8lzw1z6q6.png
    5ajuawi0vtk9.png
    ejs6587kh894.png

Edited by markdeloma on January 9, 2018 9:16PM
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    c5n4krfywsku.png
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭
    how to make it so that when you click to preview you can see the full image?
    (update: oh you can click and open in new tab)
    Edited by markdeloma on January 9, 2018 9:21PM
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • markdeloma
    markdeloma
    ✭✭✭

Nice work! But the candle at the very top of the fireplace does not look natural. In reality, you would not be able to put it there and light it. It is better to put some kind of decoration, an object of art.
    Head of Emerald Turtle
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    markdeloma wrote: »

Nice work! But the candle at the very top of the fireplace does not look natural. In reality, you would not be able to put it there and light it. It is better to put some kind of decoration, an object of art.

I somewhat disagree :) I could use a ladder or a stool to climb higher to place and light it but looking at it, it is really a firehazard and it still looks odd to me as well so some adjustment is in order. This one thanks for feedback =^.^=

@markdeloma

Nice kitchen :) I still lack furniture to make anything like that so i just have to cook my food on the yard until i get more stuff and more gold for that stuff. I often think, that it would be nice to be able to add some of our characters to houses as NPC's doing something very simple like standing in that kitchen, preparing a meal with a rotation of suitable emotes. Would be nice to place that knightly character to stand watch at the door too :) This one would also be interested to be able to choose race of service NPC's. Khajit thinks, that more khajit in khajit house is good, yes?

• bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fireplace you made looks nice!

Just a tip for making things straight... always have "walk" on while decorating and you can slow your movement even more by crouching. Also don't be afraid of building temporary "scaffolding" for yourself, like floating blocks or tables to jump up on to help you align things. Basically, if something is too tall, you need to put yourself in the air above it. It takes me a ton of little adjustments to get things straight but it isn't that bad once you're used to it.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Tapio75
    Tapio75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bellatrixed

I used a counter that i removed from my other house as scaffolding when building that fireplace :) Helped a lot on top levels of the structure.

Also, thanks, i was quite pleased of that one myself.
    Next thing, i need to go and make the watch tower a proper wizards tower, no mugles allowed :D