The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

UnOfficial Poll: CP, No-CP or Selectable?

Sarjako
Sarjako
✭✭✭
A. No CP
B. CP
C. Queue in to your chosen preference, whether it be CP or No-CP.
Edited by Sarjako on January 8, 2018 11:44PM
XBX1 NA
Healplar / StamDK-Tank / Stamblade / Magblade
CP 810

UnOfficial Poll: CP, No-CP or Selectable? 61 votes

No CP Battlegrounds Only
45%
JWillCHSSolarikenChardeeMacDmistermagic87b14_ESOMurderMostFoulkillingspreeb16_ESOBashevJohnfred24KolacheMerlin13KAGLThe_SaintVaohTwistedThoughtzCasulToc de MalsviArthgTaylor_MBMorgul667the_broo11Trashs1 28 votes
CP Battlegrounds Only
3%
Stamdenhussein7861 2 votes
Queue into your preferred Battleground CP or Non-CP match.
50%
DeetoddBroanBeast1215ValagashDDemonToRelaxDetectorAnethumUniverseDerraEmma_OverloadgootdudeWaffennachtDuckNoodlesAmyxleexownsxuWhoThenNow7IzakiRatzkifalBoadieAkromaAngelOfWrathPemPem 31 votes
  • Anethum
    Anethum
    ✭✭✭✭
    but first Battleground Premade or Random grouped match.
    IF this hard, Only random grouped matches until separation for Premades and randoms will come.
    @Anethum from .ua
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    Non-CP is more suitable for BG playstyle in my opinion
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    Ideally people should be able to queue for exactly what game mode, map and CP status that they want. Practically we know the population is not yet large enough to split queues. Faster pace less forgiving no-CP playstyle is definitely more suitable for even numbered fighting BG's.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• gabormezo
    gabormezo
    ✭✭✭
    There are many players, including me, who started to play BG because of CP. Please give us a freaking option to choose. It is not rocket science to make it into the game, right?
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be interesting to see how much longer the queue time would be, or if there would be a lot of incomplete teams, if they did this. I think there are people who won't play non-CP and I know there are people who won't play CP, maybe there'd be enough for each if they did both... ?
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    Obviously the choice would be the ideal scenario, but undoubtedly, this is not the way it is implemented because the population can't support it. Until ZOS makes some changes to bring more players into BGs (no pay wall, better rewards), we are going to have to deal with only one queue. And as long as that's the case, noCP is the preferable option.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Ideally people should be able to queue for exactly what game mode, map and CP status that they want. Practically we know the population is not yet large enough to split queues. Faster pace less forgiving no-CP playstyle is definitely more suitable for even numbered fighting BG's.

^^^^
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SMH @ all the selfish No-CPers who don't want us to have a choice.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    ZOS launched BGs with such a horribly buggy group finder.... plus hey neglected it for so long and there’s no 4v4 option, Custom Game to fight friends, option to choose game modes, solo queue, player skill-based matchmaking, etc....

It’s impressive to see something with so much potential get reduced to this.
    Edited by Vaoh on January 9, 2018 2:06PM
  • Casul
    Casul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    This is my opinion on the subject of CP vs Non CP battlegrounds.

I believe battlegrounds will be more successful as Non CP only due to it being much smaller scaled. In Cyrodiil the reason I believe CP works better is due to the much larger scale battles which leads to a lot of different build variations etc. No matter how tanky or how bursty you are there is always something that will eventually kill you assuming there are enough people attacking you. In battlegrounds you have a max of 8 enemies that could be attacking you at a time. This in itself is lower in reality due to the fact the other 2 teams will likely be killing each other as well as being killed by your team.

With this in mind a extremely tanky character in battlegrounds can hold objectives pretty much unopposed and this leads to very dry, long, boring gameplay. I believe battlegrounds thrives on the idea of fast paced action. Something you can just jump into, and although I myself am a CP player for Cyrodiil, I found CP battlegrounds to be much slower and less involving.

I agree with a lot of the suggestions that we should have options for premade groups vs random groups because this seems to be the biggest issue with battlegrounds in my opinion. Also I would prefer being able to setup private matches with any amount of people between 2-12.
    PvP needs more love.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No CP Battlegrounds Only
    1. They're all unofficial polls. That part is redundant.
    2. No CP is easier for them to balance, especially when randoms are involved.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS