Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Where do Vvardenfell motifs drop?

krachall
krachall
✭✭✭✭✭
I picked up Morrowwind in Mid-November and since getting it, I’ve been doing 3-4 dailies every day. I do the two tribal dailies and the Morag Tong delve daily. About every other day I do the Morag Tong WB daily.

So I’ve probably done 200 or so daily quests. Additionally, I run a chest looting loop at least once a day so I’ve probably opened...1000 chests? I have Treasure Hunter.

To date, I’ve gotten exactly ONE motif: an ashlander motif from the second daily I did on day 1.

Is there another source for these that I don’t know about? I get motifs from TG dailies about 90% of the time and from TG dailies 50% of the time.

What am I getting instead? Warrior-Poet Resto staves. I probably decon 5 a day. One day after finishing my dailies and loop I deconned 9 of them. In one day!
Edited by krachall on January 9, 2018 12:44PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting the Savior of Morrowind achievement does seem to increase the amount of motifs that drop from dailies. Buoyant Armiger is still such a terrible drop rate that, if Savior of Morrowind increases the drop rate, no one can tell.
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Vvardenfell.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Buoyant Armiger motifs are insanely rare and you can only get them from treasure chests, then you can only get the Ashlander and Morag Tong motifs from doing the respective dailies and they are both fairly rare. I run dailies quite alot and, like you said, i also get the Thieves Guild motifs much more often then the Morrowind dailiy quest related motifs. As far as im aware there is no other source unless you are just willing to buy them from a guild store. sorry :(
  • Ulo
    Ulo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ulo wrote: »
    The Buoyant Armiger motifs are insanely rare and you can only get them from treasure chests, then you can only get the Ashlander and Morag Tong motifs from doing the respective dailies and they are both fairly rare. I run dailies quite alot and, like you said, i also get the Thieves Guild motifs much more often then the Morrowind dailiy quest related motifs. As far as im aware there is no other source unless you are just willing to buy them from a guild store. sorry :(

At least getting the 3 house styles from pickpocketing isn't too bad, and you can make a nice little profit in the process.

EDIT: meant to edit not quote, my bad ^^
    Edited by Ulo on January 9, 2018 12:53PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    House motifs come from pickpocketing.

Bouyant Armiger from chest (higher chance with achievements, treasure hunter CP passive or from treasure maps)

Ashlander from Ashlander dailies (in reward boxes)

One from the PvP vendor

One from the Vivec City dailies (worldboss/delve)

Forgot the names of the last two sorry.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    House motifs come from pickpocketing.

Bouyant Armiger from chest (higher chance with achievements, treasure hunter CP passive or from treasure maps)

Ashlander from Ashlander dailies (in reward boxes)

One from the PvP vendor

One from the Vivec City dailies (worldboss/delve)

Forgot the names of the last two sorry.

Well, almost correct, Turelus =p

House motifs come from pickpocketing, AND lockboxes AND thief troves. Basically anything stealing/looting related.

Armiger, correct. Though I don't think devs have anywhere confirmed treasure hunter increasing your chances. At launch, the confirmed the Morrowind questline finish and gaining the title to up the chance, but I think Treasure Hunter is just an urban legend.

Ashlander are specifically from the 2 Ashlander dailies, the 2 Vivec City dailies drop Morag Tong motif. Though droprate for Morag Tong is much, much worse than ashlander.

Militant Ordinator is sold for AP from the Battlegrounds NPC.

Armiger motif does exist, and it almost has a reasonable droprate as well. But you have to farm specifically for them, and be prepared to spend a lot of time doing it.

Edited by Carbonised on January 9, 2018 1:13PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    House motifs come from pickpocketing, AND lockboxes AND thief troves. Basically anything stealing/looting related.
    Cheers, wasn't aware of that! +1 Insightful.
    Armiger, correct. Though I don't think devs have anywhere confirmed treasure hunter increasing your chances. At launch, the confirmed the Morrowind questline finish and gaining the title to up the chance, but I think Treasure Hunter is just an urban legend.
    From the Clockwork City patch notes.
    Master difficulty chests and treasure map chests now have a greater chance of giving Buoyant Armiger motifs if you have the Treasure Hunter passive.

Cheers for the names of the others, I am horrible at remembering them.

@Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Cheers, wasn't aware of that! +1 Insightful.
    From the Clockwork City patch notes.
    Master difficulty chests and treasure map chests now have a greater chance of giving Buoyant Armiger motifs if you have the Treasure Hunter passive.

Cheers for the names of the others, I am horrible at remembering them.

Thanks for digging up that info! I was on a hiatus when CWC landed, so I only remember how it worked back with Morrowind release. Thankfully I have been farming my Armiger motifs with the passive nervertheless =D
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So it’s just the typical bad RNG for me? I swear I have one of those fabled “black accounts.” I defy the odds of bad luck at every turn.

Average 315 fish per Perfect Roe.
    Took 89 keys to get any Velidreth shoulders (1 in 6 chance!)
    2 wax from refining 1030 leather
    5 hours of Craflorn farming for 1 Perfect Nirn
    7 weeks of daily quests for 1 motif
    Etc etc etc.

• Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Curious results!

I have opened over 500 Vvardenfell treasure chests, and found not a single Armiger motif. However, I just started doing Ashlander dailies, and have gotten three motifs in only 10 tries. And a guild mate got a Crimson Shard on their very first try!
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.