The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

• Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crown store only.

That's terrible :(
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This seems like an odd thing to maybe have an issue with but for us ESO+ members we don't need to buy the Collector's Edition so do we miss out on the Mini Dragon pet?

@Rittings hard to say but maybe have to delete the least liked of the 14 and level them again. I do agree though, sort of a crappy thing but maybe they will give us another slot.

@OtarTheMad this will probably be like for any other DLC that came out. You can get the pet and mount as part of the Collector's Edition (and thus practically for a reduced price) or seperate as individual collectibles from the Crown Store. Just my guess, though.

@Rittings there won't be an additional free character slot, but it was said you can buy a 15th character slot when the DLC goes live. So people with 14/14 level 50 chars don't have to delete one of them but can still get the level-up rewards . For everything that's not actual gameplay items (weapons fitting your level, ingedients etc.), things like a bank space upgrade or the crown crates are only given once per account anyway.

I am not really excited that they are allowing us the privilege of BUYING an additional slot if we want some of the leveling items that they are handing out.

I am currently at 8/8 for my characters. The leveling bonus that provides the free chest is more value to me than my lowest level character, so I have plans to delete that character and level up a new one. Sad, but sometimes you have to let someone go.

@lordrichter
    Of the stuff that isn't leveled items, mats, consumables, and a bit of gold. There is the following once per account rewards: a mount, a coffer, and a crown crate. The mount in just the basic brown horse from the stable for 10k gold.

(From the Live summery) Housing storage are special collection containers, you can buy from the Tal-Var merchant, crown store, and a new NPC for possibly writ vouchers. You can have 4 chests with 60 slots each, and 4 coffers with 30 slots each. The chest/coffers do not link to the bank, but if you put the same chest, say Chest A, in two or more houses then Chest A will contain the same items across locations.

You'll get the free coffer at lvl 18 I believe, but not if you buy one first. Something to keep in mind before anyone deletes a character.

That just leaves the crown crate, which we have no idea how that will work, will it be for the current season, or will it be a special crate for new players designed to give them a random pet or something. In anycase, they are talking about increasing character slots by one, but I should remind everyone a new slot will cost you more than buying a single crate from the store.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of this is great. I preodered MW, I get all of the DLCs even tho Im plus, and I almost never pass a container. Yet I still only have about 1/4 of the housing motifs(I call em motifs to lump em all together). Can we loosen up the drop rates just a tad? I dont need or want them all tomorrow, but a light at the end of the tunnel would be nice.
  • TruthSeeker
    TruthSeeker
    ✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

What form of currency will the Mastercraft Mediator be taking? Gold? Master Writ Vouchers? Tomatoes?

Hope it's tomatoes
  • M3atwad
    M3atwad
    I didn't hear a mention of a fix for the new "pipeline" that was reverted due to infinite load screens. Will that be implemented back into the game this patch ? It helped server lag and latency tremendously, when you weren't stuck in a load screen that is.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Appleblade wrote: »
    Lokryn wrote: »
    Will we have the ability to hide certain pieces like Helm or Shoulders?

I’m thinking maybe you could just leave head and shoulder slots empty when you create one of the outfits?

Then all the people asking for more shirtless costumes can be happy, too.

On the other hoof, all the people who want more pantless costumes will also be happy. O.o

if so I predict lots of people running around cyrodiil in their underwear ;)
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So I am guessing the Transmog system is not a base game update. It is attached to the DLC ?
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    So I am guessing the Transmog system is not a base game update. It is attached to the DLC ?

It's a base game update, " free " they said.
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles by visiting an Outfit Station (formerly known as Dye Stations). Whether you're wearing Light, Medium, or Heavy armor, you'll be able to alter its appearance, allowing you to always look your very best – and exactly how you want.

so long as you don't want to use a style that isn't in the currently released motif selection or a one of the limited time offers, other than that yeah, exactly how you want.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    So the Outfit system does not sound like the Transmogrification that people were wanting and expecting. I was thinking that my crafter who has collected all the exotic motifs would be able to make/change armors for my other toons, but now it doesn't sound like it.

I was wrong - and I’m glad!

Thank you for the motif collection implementation in the Outfit system. It sounds like it will be able to do everything I could want to do assuming I pay enough to unlock slots and can continue to acquire motifs on my main crafter.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Left4Daud wrote: »

Once any character on your account learns a Motif, you gain access to the corresponding Outfit Style Collectible for your account (since Collectibles are unlocked account-wide.)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This is actually so awesome to hear! Motifs becoming account wide collectibles is a fantastic improvement for the game imo. I actually recently consumed a 30k gold Bloodroot Forge motif on my non-crafter and I'm happy to see it won't be going to waste once this update hits.

I'm sure the few players that accidentally consumed Crown purchased motifs on the "wrong" characters will be very happy as well.

But, I think it's only account-wide as far as the outfit system goes. Meaning all of your characters will be able to create outfits based on the motif knowledge of your crafter, but they won't be able to craft new gear in a motif style they don't know.

EDIT: After learning that the mount is just the cheap brown horse from the in-game stables and the coffer can be purchased for vouchers or TV (though bummed that I still have to buy it rather than get it for free) and that you only get one crown crate per account, I'm much less salty about the new level-up rewards for new players. I do still have two characters at 24, so maybe I'll get the crown crate, but I already purchased the brown horse ages ago.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 5, 2018 10:34PM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly hope that a single outfit can accommodate all 14 craftable-gear types. I don't want my outfit to fail just because I decided to change my weapon load-out.
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    EDIT: After learning that the mount is just the cheap brown horse from the in-game stables and the coffer can be purchased for vouchers or TV (though bummed that I still have to buy it rather than get it for free) and that you only get one crown crate per account, I'm much less salty about the new level-up rewards for new players. I do still have two characters at 24, so maybe I'll get the crown crate, but I already purchased the brown horse ages ago.

I will advise seeing how much these coffers cost in in-game resources before being upset about having to buy them. If they set it up like the bank and bag space, the first one might not be too bad. (...I say while stockpiling Writ Vouchers so I have them to test with Monday.)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

My feeling, heading into PTS, is that they need to not be handing out stuff that might be considered of value (mounts, coffers, and maybe crown crates) for leveling up unless they are also prepared to give accounts that have already leveled up those items. I am not so much concerned about crafting materials, any leveled equipment, and gold.

They have a really narrow reason for doing this, and I am sure they meet whatever goal that reason demands, but it is a bit odd.
    I will advise seeing how much these coffers cost in in-game resources before being upset about having to buy them. If they set it up like the bank and bag space, the first one might not be too bad. (...I say while stockpiling Writ Vouchers so I have them to test with Monday.)

We know the value of the horse, or will, once we know which horse. We know the value of the Crown Crate, or at least, people know it. I don't know how many Crowns they are selling for, off hand. The value of the coffer won't be known until it goes Live. They can change it at any time up until then.

As for stocking up on Writ Vouchers for PTS, if they are wise, everyone will get a free one on PTS so that there are no restrictions in testing them.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MAEK
    MAEK
    ✭✭✭✭
    I certainly hope that a single outfit can accommodate all 14 craftable-gear types. I don't want my outfit to fail just because I decided to change my weapon load-out.

Even if it isn't you can change your outfit for gold, and from what was seen in the livestream it won't be too expensive, at least not if you're only changing one or two pieces.
  • SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i use heavy armor costume for my light armor character?

Yes, you can. The one restriction is that you can't make an item for one particular item slot or a weapon family look like an item for a different item slot or a different weapon family. For example, you can't make a helm look like a boot (sorry to everyone who dreamed of wearing a boot on your head), or make a bow look like a two-hander.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_RichLambert
    Can we make Destrostaffs looking like Restos, or does that also not works due to different weaponsfamilies?
    They are optical already the same, the only difference is how the char holds the staff, and Restostaff is way nicer ;)
    Edited by SaintSubwayy on January 6, 2018 5:29PM
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @lordrichter I don't trust them quite that far.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since the outfits seem to be more like costumes, is there going to be a restriction on dyeing for those who don't have ESO+? Because the dye combo options offered for purchase in the crown store are always horrible. It won't be a useful system to me if I'm stuck with awful and unrealistic armor colors.
  • RouDantes
    RouDantes
    ✭✭✭
    I'm SO excited for the outfit station! It's not exactly what I was expecting and hoping for, but in some ways it's more robust, so overall, I'm quite happy. I'd still like a system to actually change the appearance of individual pieces of gear, at some point. LOL

But after watching the ESO Live show, I have a few requests/suggestions for the outfit system.

I love that these outfits can be created with as few as one pieces of gear, leaving the rest of your character's gear visible. However, it would be even better if it went over top of costumes as well. Our costumes could REALLY be customized and unique at that point.

I would also absolutely love it if we could have more dye slots on our costumes, with 1-3 slots on each body part instead of just 3 for the entire costume.

And my last suggestion applies to the dye system as a whole: please fix the dye color effects to not look so drastically different on different pieces of gear, and to adjust the way so many pieces of gear look very faded and washed out, regardless of what color or quality of dye you put on it. For instance, it drives me insane that Coldharbour Black looks like a medium grey on many things. We HAVE a bunch of grey dyes. The dark black should always be dark black. I understand that different materials should dye differently, like fabric vs. leather vs. metal, but there is a really frustrating lack of consistency in the way the same dyes look on different things, and there are SO many kinds of leather and fabric that become super shiny and metallic when you try to put any dark dyes on them.

The customization is so fantastic in this game and I am continually delighted at the changes and additions you guys make, but sometimes it can be REALLY frustrating to try to get things to match, with the inconsistent way the dyes behave.

Those quibbles and suggestions aside, I was literally yelling out loud in excitement when I was watching the ESO Live show (despite the technical difficulties and despite the fact that I spent hours waiting on youtube, before eventually finding out it was only up on Twitch, and had already ended. LOL)
    Cheers,
    Captain Rou Dantes
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Confirmed: NO rise in item slots for player housing.

It was asked SEVERAL times if there would be a rise in player caps for player housing. This was ignored.

It was asked several times if we would gain a way to hide the vampire skin. This was ignored.

It was asked before the show actually started if we could get a way to set time of day in player housing. The response was "That's a good idea."

I thought I remembered hearing that they were looking at a housing cap increase. Unless you mean the number of players in a house, rather than the number of items you could cram in there.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Confirmed: NO rise in item slots for player housing.

It was asked SEVERAL times if there would be a rise in player caps for player housing. This was ignored.

It was asked several times if we would gain a way to hide the vampire skin. This was ignored.

It was asked before the show actually started if we could get a way to set time of day in player housing. The response was "That's a good idea."

I thought I remembered hearing that they were looking at a housing cap increase. Unless you mean the number of players in a house, rather than the number of items you could cram in there.

I asked both about player caps/the max number of characters that can be in a house AND item caps/the number of items that can be in a house. Neither was addressed on the livestream but apparently they have said they are still "looking at" increasing the player cap somewhere here in the forums. However, I will remind you that when I asked about the ability to hide the vampire skin on a livestream once Paul Sage answered with, "...maybe something we can do with costumes..." THAT was... year one. So knowing they are "still looking at" pretty much anything does not exactly fill me with confidence in either their ability or desire to deliver.

• Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PLEASE - don't remove the Argonian's potion passive! The poor lizards (along with Nords) have a rubbish time as it is. It's the only thing they have that makes them truly comptetive and to remove it would destroy Argonian as an offensive class.

Everything else in the update is sexy and makes me frisky. Thanks, Bara.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • sentientomega
    sentientomega
    ✭✭✭
    What are the restrictions on using various levels of outfits' appearances with the outfit system? For example, would a fresh lvl one only be able to use a tier 1 outfit's appearance?
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    d5999597a2e18ca0b5702fc18a71df5e.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for the "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview" blog article.

An ancient power re-awakens and threatens all of Tamriel in The Elder Scrolls Online's newest DLC game pack, Dragon Bones. This February, you can discover two exciting new dungeons and enjoy a host of base-game additions and improvements with Update 17.

What are the new armor sets from the dungeons including the new monster sets?
  • HappyLittleTree
    HappyLittleTree
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they'll ad an option to hide gear.
    Thuu chakkuth lod Hajhiit c’oo? Hajhiit gortsuquth gorihuth thuu gooluthduj thdeitoluu!

XBox-EU
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "This update will allow you to acquire unique collectibles that you can use to store items in your homes, freeing up valuable inventory and bank space. You'll be able to acquire these new items in game or from the Crown Store."

I'm a bit confused by this, does this mean we only get to store unique new items being added next patch? We won't be able to store any inventory items we want?

@ZOS_GinaBruno

The unique collectibles are the storage. LET THE GRIND BEGIN

Coming to a crown store near you... >:)
    You know these housing storage items will be in the crown store for your "convenience".
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Scrub_Potato
    Scrub_Potato
    ✭✭
    I know its seems kind of out of the way, but if weapons can be changed appearance wise (say an axe to look like a dagger) I feel this could have an impact on the PvP community. I know its not the biggest community, but from what I understand, a lot of people like to be able to see what weapon someone is using, so that they can figure out how best to attack/defend against it/the person. If someone changes an axe to a dagger in appearance, you'd have no idea someone was about to DoT you up with a bleed until it actually ticks on you. I figure this issue is something minor, really, at most, and I am very excited to see this new update roll out, just thought I should point this out.
    "I am a scrub, and a potato. Like, some kind of Scrubtato!"

Bjorn Kril-Kendov - EP Stamplar (totally a Nord... or maybe a Nordguard!)(Main)
    Zerric al-Eshan - EP Khajiit Stamblade
    Thorik Gro-Korik - EP Orc StamDK
    Wulfgar Norok-Kest - EP High Elf MagickaSorc

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know its seems kind of out of the way, but if weapons can be changed appearance wise (say an axe to look like a dagger) I feel this could have an impact on the PvP community. I know its not the biggest community, but from what I understand, a lot of people like to be able to see what weapon someone is using, so that they can figure out how best to attack/defend against it/the person. If someone changes an axe to a dagger in appearance, you'd have no idea someone was about to DoT you up with a bleed until it actually ticks on you. I figure this issue is something minor, really, at most, and I am very excited to see this new update roll out, just thought I should point this out.

Thats the whole point. You dont want your enemy to be prepared, you want them caught off guard. Deception is a perfectly valid tactic using intended game mechanics.
  • Vivecc
    Vivecc
    ✭✭✭
    I hoped along time for the possibilities that come with the outfit system. I can now wear my best gear, and recreate the looks of levels i have long passed a long time ago. And then i had a awesome looking gear on Vet 14 that i really miss.
    Thank you @ ZOS for this wonderful addition to the game <3
    pc/eu
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been nabbing motif pages in anticipation for this release. I hope they will not make us wait too long. :wink:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.