Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

• Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dragon fight hype!!!!
  • DoctorESO
    DoctorESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edited by DoctorESO on June 19, 2018 7:56AM
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oa4SwaV.png
    Please help me, i need more money...
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, can you please elaborate on how Outfitting will be done spread over multiple characters. I assume this means for one to have the greatest amount of customization, one must learn all styles on all characters?!?!
    Edited by MinuitPro on January 5, 2018 1:25AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Confirmed: NO rise in item slots for player housing.

It was asked SEVERAL times if there would be a rise in player caps for player housing. This was ignored.

It was asked several times if we would gain a way to hide the vampire skin. This was ignored.

It was asked before the show actually started if we could get a way to set time of day in player housing. The response was "That's a good idea."
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Mz_Jo
    Mz_Jo
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Thanks for the show tonight!!

:D
    Was PS4pro - 4k @ Launch / 2022 Xbox X started all over!
    / DC only / PVE, PvP, All Crafting, Housing
    Vampires Rule
    Fav Weapon - Blade of Woe and Thief of everything!
    ESO Live Watcher, Patch Note Reader, Console Launch

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, you can please elaborate on how Outfitting will be done spread over multiple characters. I assume this means for one to have the great amount of customization, one must learn all styles on all characters?!?!

It's been answered...somewhere (on my phone so I can't find the quote atm) that for the purpose of the outfit system, motif will work like collectibles the way dyes do. So if one character knows all the motifs, all characters on your account can use them to create their outfit.
    Edited by heaven13 on January 5, 2018 1:27AM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, you can please elaborate on how Outfitting will be done spread over multiple characters. I assume this means for one to have the great amount of customization, one must learn all styles on all characters?!?!

It's been answered...somewhere (on my phone so I can't find the quote atm) that for the purpose of the outfit system, motif will work like collectibles the way dyes do. So if one character knows all the motifs, all characters on your account can use them to create their outfit.

I feel like I should hug someone at ZOS right now... for that implementation and for allowing TelVar for storage chests/coffers. Great work!
    Edited by MinuitPro on January 5, 2018 1:29AM
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, can you please elaborate on how Outfitting will be done spread over multiple characters. I assume this means for one to have the greatest amount of customization, one must learn all styles on all characters?!?!

No. You can have one crafter make as many outfits as you want and then put them in your bank (I believe) for pick up and use by any of your other characters.

• xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Who else spotted Wrobel in the livestream ?
    dsZHTFH.png
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Shadowdream
    Shadowdream
    ✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, will you need the crafting items to make the outfit? Like the frostcaster needing the stahlrim shards or mimic stones? Totally stoked for the outfit system, but if I had known it was coming like this, and it doesn't take the items, I so would have bought frostcaster. The only reason I didn't buy it was needing to buy mimic stones, and if we can bypass that....

Any chance of getting a slew of motifs (including that one) back in the store to celebrate the outfit system?
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WAIT!!! You're going to give rewards for when you gain a level? I've been an ESO+ member for over 2 years on the ps4... have purchased 6 character slots already, got 14 maxed characters that I enjoy playing ALL of them... so this is a MASSIVE kick in the teeth for me...

Are you going to give us some FREE character slots?? So we can also enjoy the rewards? Or just ignore your loyal customers?
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This seems like an odd thing to maybe have an issue with but for us ESO+ members we don't need to buy the Collector's Edition so do we miss out on the Mini Dragon pet?

@Rittings hard to say but maybe have to delete the least liked of the 14 and level them again. I do agree though, sort of a crappy thing but maybe they will give us another slot.
    Edited by OtarTheMad on January 5, 2018 3:59AM
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    Thank you for the post. I am both hyped for the upcoming changes and a little disappointed.

1. I am super excited that you are including the home storage items in IC to buy with Tel Var. More ppl will go to IC more IC pvp.
    2. I am sort of bummed out that there is no Cyrodill section. Like what kind of changes you have planned for open world pvp.

Feel exactly the same. It feels like PvP is something best ignored. :(
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • feyii
    feyii
    ✭✭✭✭
    OtarTheMad wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This seems like an odd thing to maybe have an issue with but for us ESO+ members we don't need to buy the Collector's Edition so do we miss out on the Mini Dragon pet?

@Rittings hard to say but maybe have to delete the least liked of the 14 and level them again. I do agree though, sort of a crappy thing but maybe they will give us another slot.

@OtarTheMad this will probably be like for any other DLC that came out. You can get the pet and mount as part of the Collector's Edition (and thus practically for a reduced price) or seperate as individual collectibles from the Crown Store. Just my guess, though.

@Rittings there won't be an additional free character slot, but it was said you can buy a 15th character slot when the DLC goes live. So people with 14/14 level 50 chars don't have to delete one of them but can still get the level-up rewards . For everything that's not actual gameplay items (weapons fitting your level, ingedients etc.), things like a bank space upgrade or the crown crates are only given once per account anyway.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you use lower level racial motif appearances on max level gear? pls

(example: can I make my cp 160 gear look like level 40 breton gear?

PC EU
    PvP only
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Can you use lower level racial motif appearances on max level gear? pls

(example: can I make my cp 160 gear look like level 40 breton gear?

@olsborg My understanding is YES, you can. :)
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    feyii wrote: »
    OtarTheMad wrote: »

@OtarTheMad this will probably be like for any other DLC that came out. You can get the pet and mount as part of the Collector's Edition (and thus practically for a reduced price) or seperate as individual collectibles from the Crown Store. Just my guess, though.

@Rittings there won't be an additional free character slot, but it was said you can buy a 15th character slot when the DLC goes live. So people with 14/14 level 50 chars don't have to delete one of them but can still get the level-up rewards . For everything that's not actual gameplay items (weapons fitting your level, ingedients etc.), things like a bank space upgrade or the crown crates are only given once per account anyway.

I am not really excited that they are allowing us the privilege of BUYING an additional slot if we want some of the leveling items that they are handing out.

I am currently at 8/8 for my characters. The leveling bonus that provides the free chest is more value to me than my lowest level character, so I have plans to delete that character and level up a new one. Sad, but sometimes you have to let someone go.
    Edited by Elsonso on January 5, 2018 12:12PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What about the PvP updates like Miat's cheaton and any Cyrodill related announcement?

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »
    What about the PvP updates like Miat's cheaton and any Cyrodill related announcement?

ZOS_GinaBruno

Monday's patch notes will answer questions like that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Knootewoot wrote: »

ZOS_GinaBruno

Monday's patch notes will answer questions like that.

You mean... this Monday? Did I miss something :blush: Oh yes then the patch notes will be releasec :) silly me
    Edited by Knootewoot on January 5, 2018 12:44PM
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite valiant efforts most of the screen was difficult to see.

Could we please get the images posted of the Dragon Bones colectors pet & mount?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we will get a new skin and ... ?
    Edited by Apherius on January 5, 2018 2:12PM
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww man I read there was some technical difficulties and thought they we're cancelling the stream, then went off to do some other things. Turns out I missed it :weary:
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i use heavy armor costume for my light armor character?

That’s what I’m already planning. Battlemage.
    Edited by Appleblade on January 5, 2018 2:47PM
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww man I read there was some technical difficulties and thought they we're cancelling the stream, then went off to do some other things. Turns out I missed it :weary:

You can still watch it on Twitch.
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokryn wrote: »
    Will we have the ability to hide certain pieces like Helm or Shoulders?

I’m thinking maybe you could just leave head and shoulder slots empty when you create one of the outfits?

Then all the people asking for more shirtless costumes can be happy, too.

On the other hoof, all the people who want more pantless costumes will also be happy. O.o
  • Bleakraven
    Bleakraven
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can we use gold to purchase additional costume slots or is it crown store only?
  • mmogamerperson
    mmogamerperson
    ✭✭✭
    Crown store only.
    The only Sane people in the world are those that are iNsAnE, and know it...
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Honestly? This announcment is really prickling me.

Outfits yay! Let me guess - you get one free piece and have to buy the others for 50k crowns each?

Housing storage! Let me guess - if you ran a bot through all the overland 24/7 you MIGHT find one piece in a year? Or buy it in the crown store for 100k crowns!

Sorry, but I'm tried of being forced to pay for everything I find fun. The "free" stuff in game used to monetize (with GOLD) my fun. Now, it's all just a drag.

Please prove me wrong, but after 4 years... I highly doubt it.

To be fair, they have stated that housing storage will be purchasable with tel vars, master writs, or crown store. So you have several options other than getting out your credit card.

You have one entire outfit PER CHARACTER than you can customize with gold. Waiting for more details on the outfit system, but it will be on PTS on Monday so then we can all play around with it.
    PC NA