Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

• ThePrinceOfBargains
    ThePrinceOfBargains
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay this is all fine and dandy, but what. About. Unique. Styles? The article specifically mentions motif styles.

Also, what armor/costume is this?
    04_AACCE8_A700_4_AB0_BA28_ECA5_FDEB554_A.jpg
    Because that looks awesome and I fail to see why stuff like that gets left out in favor of more generic Nord crap and culture-inspired civilian clothes. Will we see this in the future?

• JarlUlfric
    JarlUlfric
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will Veteran members, or members who don't have non-level 50 characters get access to one of the coffers? Will I have to delete a character and re-level it to get access to one that way?
    True High King
    Member since August 2013.
    Eastmarch Trade Company | Washed Up Raiders | Order of the Bear (RIP 4.17.2015 - 5.31.2019)
    EP | Björn Járnsída | Dragonknight Tank
    EP | First-Rank Ansei | Stamina Nightblade
    EP | Advancing Yokeda | Stamina Sorceror
    EP | Immortal Yokeda | Stamina Necromancer
    EP | Resilient Yokeda | Stamina Dragonknight
    EP | Talvos Sari | Magicka Sorcerer
  • Darkheart
    Darkheart
    ✭✭✭
    opallithia wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding correctly, does this mean that if we want to change the appearance of our outfit, we will have to personally know the motif on the character whose outfit we're changing?

If that's true... that is very disheartening for crafters, who have spent a lot of time, gold, and energy to level up their crafting ability and collect motifs. I really hope there will be some way to trade outfits between characters or players, or something, because this completely devalues what it means to be a crafter. Either this, or making motifs easier to get, because having to farm motifs on EVERY character if we want them to look good is going to be REALLY frustrating for a lot of people.

Hoping for more clarification on this.

Maybe it going to work like the dyes, if one character learned the motif style, all your characters have access to that style at the outfit station.
    Returning Home to Daggerfall.
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    Darkheart wrote: »
    opallithia wrote: »
    So if I'm understanding correctly, does this mean that if we want to change the appearance of our outfit, we will have to personally know the motif on the character whose outfit we're changing?

If that's true... that is very disheartening for crafters, who have spent a lot of time, gold, and energy to level up their crafting ability and collect motifs. I really hope there will be some way to trade outfits between characters or players, or something, because this completely devalues what it means to be a crafter. Either this, or making motifs easier to get, because having to farm motifs on EVERY character if we want them to look good is going to be REALLY frustrating for a lot of people.

Hoping for more clarification on this.

Maybe it going to work like the dyes, if one character learned the motif style, all your characters have access to that style at the outfit station.

I can see that being one good solution, certainly. And I would be happy to have that myself. But I'm still curious if crafters will be able to do one of the things crafters do best: make armor for friends with the specs and appearance they want, if they don't know certain motifs.
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

Niceeee, right on track to make IC relevant again!
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    JarlUlfric wrote: »

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will Veteran members, or members who don't have non-level 50 characters get access to one of the coffers? Will I have to delete a character and re-level it to get access to one that way?

Sounds like you can just buy one in game. The one you get for free will likely be the cheapest model, just like the mount reward is apparently just the basic brown horse.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

It looks like the storage coffer you can earn at Level 18 is also one that will be purchasable elsewhere - see bolded portion of Jessica's answer. So, those who have already leveled all their characters past level 18 (myself included) will still be able to purchase that coffer elsewhere. But, it would really have been nice if they just gave it to us retroactively. I wouldn't expect all the crafting materials/gold/consumables to be retroactive, but I would have hoped that the key milestone collectibles would be made retroactive. The way it currently stands, this new system is really only of use and benefit to new players. Why are players who've been around since PC launch not receiving these benefits retroactively? I can see not making the crates retroactive, but the collectibles are unique, so you only earn them once.

Is it really too much to ask that you do this for your players who've been around all this time, playing and supporting your game? I still have characters that are under level 50 (lowest level is 24, so I do miss out on the FREE storage coffer and have to purchase it instead). So, I guess I'm ok unless there are other collectibles prior to level 24 that I have no way of obtaining except by spending real money to purchase another character slot.

I guess if there's a new class with the upcoming chapter, I'll probably buy another slot for the new class. It's just frustrating that they're introducing a really cool system that's going to leave a lot of players out in the cold unless they spend real money on extra character slots. Plus, veteran players won't have as many chances at the free Crown Crates without spending more money on character slots. But, I'm guessing there will be some mechanism in place to prevent people from creating new characters, leveling for a while to get some free crates, and then deleting the character and creating a new one. Maybe you only get a free crate once or twice at very high levels.

Looking forward to further details on the outfit system and housing storage, plus seeing the list of the milestone rewards. And, please consider making the collectibles retroactive.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on January 4, 2018 6:24PM
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a stockage limit ?

If the answer is yes, how much ? And the limit is per account or per house ?

Can we upgrade them with gold ?
  • xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the Level Up Advisor, every time one of your characters gains a level, you will receive gameplay tips and useful rewards

So what about people that are already at max lvl ? will they get the rewards etc via mail or auto added to inv/craft bag

To quote Gina from another thread:
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

not very nice for long time players, 14/14 chars....
    k4E3Vrj.png

e62.gif
    Edited by xSkullfox on January 4, 2018 6:31PM
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Outfit system sounds like it will have the majority of features we've been asking for, which is nice, though it's unfortunate that you're going with such a cumbersome costume-creating system instead of something more akin to the existing Collections UI method. More on that later since I don't want to take away from what otherwise sounds like a very robust system.

Just a few questions that I hope can get addressed on the ESO Live or on the forums :
    1. It sounds like we'll be able to make our outfits appear to be any weight/combination of armor weights we want, regardless of what armor weights we're actually wearing. Confirm/Deny?
    2. It sounds like we can change our weapons (and I'm guessing shields?) according to some Dev Tracker browsing I just did, which is baller. AND that we can dye them, which is obvious a god-tier game changer. But what's the limitation on changing weapon appearance? Can we only change swords to look like other swords, or can we make them look like axes or maces and such? Obviously I'm not expecting to make a bow look like a flame staff, but it would be amazing if our characters had the freedom to look like they're wielding axes and such, even if the meta says that swords are king for the majority of playstyles.
    3. Are outfits unlocked for the whole account, or per-character? And if per-character, do the ones we purchase from the cash shop apply to all characters, or only the one we're logged in on when we purchase it?
    4. Is motif knowledge "account-wide" for the purpose of outfit creation, or do we need to learn every motif on all our characters to really get the most out of this system?
    5. Once we unlock new outfit slots from the cash shop, are those adjustable with gold as well, or do we need to continually pump money into it for outfit change tokens?
    6. How much gold are we talking here for an outfit change? I don't feel like showing off a new outfit every day should break the bank, especially when the majority of cosmetic stuff up to this point has been buy-and-infinite-try.
    7. Does it cost gold to dye outfits now, or is dyeing still free?
    8. Does an outfit get dyed on a piece-by-piece basis, or is it just three slots like a costume and we need to hope and pray that it matches?

Probably more but that's all for now. Either way, looks like an exciting start to the year!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the clarification Jess!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember if it was RIFT or WOW that did a rewards while leveling up system... I think it was RIFT but anyway, for people who had leveled toons, they gave them the rewards retroactively... and ZOS should, too.

Please, ZOS reconsider your decision and send out retroactive rewards to maxed level characters. It only seems fair to me.
  • PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will Veteran members, or members who don't have non-level 50 characters get access to one of the coffers? Will I have to delete a character and re-level it to get access to one that way
    Jim_Pipp wrote: »
    lillybit wrote: »
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

So the crown crates and mounts will only be available if you level a new character? How are they helpful for leveling?

It's just a nice little "good job" reward, but keep in mind those (and other collectible-type things) are per account, not per character. The mount included in the Level Up Advisor is just your basic brown horse.

62628817.jpg

Gina thanks for jumping between all the threads and giving straight answers. Obviously people are going to find a way to complain about everything. That players who have levelled up 14 characters don't get the same "good job" rewards is a bit of a slap in the face. Please consider adding one more character slot to the crown store (a 15th slot) so that long-term players cannot complain that they are being excluded.

We're discussing the option of adding another character slot for that reason.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't remember if it was RIFT or WOW that did a rewards while leveling up system... I think it was RIFT but anyway, for people who had leveled toons, they gave them the rewards retroactively... and ZOS should, too.

Please, ZOS reconsider your decision and send out retroactive rewards to maxed level characters. It only seems fair to me.

I have to agree with this. It sounds like a pain to implement, but it would be only fair to those who have leveled up alts. Or perhaps it can tie into champion point gains for existing characters?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay this is all fine and dandy, but what. About. Unique. Styles? The article specifically mentions motif styles.

Also, what armor/costume is this?
    04_AACCE8_A700_4_AB0_BA28_ECA5_FDEB554_A.jpg
    Because that looks awesome and I fail to see why stuff like that gets left out in favor of more generic Nord crap and culture-inspired civilian clothes. Will we see this in the future?

If I had to hazard a guess, it could be some sort of dragon priest motif used in some of the dropped sets (and coming from the new dungeons in update 18?) Just a thought.
    Edited by Vanthras79 on January 4, 2018 6:58PM

• Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    So console frame rate and performance improvements U17?
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Here's a bit more info on how the Outfit System works:

Once any character on your account learns a Motif, you gain access to the corresponding Outfit Style Collectible for your account (since Collectibles are unlocked account-wide.) Depending on whether the Motif is for a single piece or all pieces, the Collectible could be all pieces of an outfit or just a single piece for, say... gloves or a hat. So those of you who have a single crafting character will be able to use that character's known Motifs to create Outfits for all characters on your account. The entire Outfit System runs on Collectibles.

Hope this helps! We encourage you to join ESO Live tonight if you can. We'll be gathering up more of your questions and answering what we can about these new systems, as well as showing them off.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 4, 2018 7:02PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Aistlaw
    Aistlaw

I have to agree with this. It sounds like a pain to implement, but it would be only fair to those who have leveled up alts. Or perhaps it can tie into champion point gains for existing characters?

And I have to agree with your agreement, either retroactive rewards or champion points - which should likewise, be retroactive. However, I do think that it needs to be some limitations. Otherwise, every player with 690 CP will be like a spoiled child, getting candies just for the sake of participation :D

Edited by Aistlaw on January 4, 2018 7:03PM
  • Left4Daud
    Left4Daud
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once any character on your account learns a Motif, you gain access to the corresponding Outfit Style Collectible for your account (since Collectibles are unlocked account-wide.)

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

This is actually so awesome to hear! Motifs becoming account wide collectibles is a fantastic improvement for the game imo. I actually recently consumed a 30k gold Bloodroot Forge motif on my non-crafter and I'm happy to see it won't be going to waste once this update hits.

I'm sure the few players that accidentally consumed Crown purchased motifs on the "wrong" characters will be very happy as well.
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Bless you for clearing that up. I feel much more excited and optimistic about the system now. Looking forward to all these awesome changes, good work!
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Here's a bit more info on how the Outfit System works:

Once any character on your account learns a Motif, you gain access to the corresponding Outfit Style Collectible for your account (since Collectibles are unlocked account-wide.) Depending on whether the Motif is for a single piece or all pieces, the Collectible could be all pieces of an outfit or just a single piece for, say... gloves or a hat. So those of you who have a single crafting character will be able to use that character's known Motifs to create Outfits for all characters on your account. The entire Outfit System runs on Collectibles.

Hope this helps! We encourage you to join ESO Live tonight if you can. We'll be gathering up more of your questions and answering what we can about these new systems, as well as showing them off.

Thanks a ton Jessica, that definitely alleviates one of my chief concerns!

Adding another question here that's probably a bit more of a niche concern. Is there a Collectible that will let us use the Undaunted set item appearance? I know everyone always says "ugly Undaunted sets" but honestly I could totally see some of them working in the right context, especially with such a fantastically robust system that this is shaping up to be.
    Edited by Recremen on January 4, 2018 7:12PM
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Left4Daud wrote: »
    This is actually so awesome to hear! Motifs becoming account wide collectibles is a fantastic improvement for the game imo. I actually recently consumed a 30k gold Bloodroot Forge motif on my non-crafter and I'm happy to see it won't be going to waste once this update hits.

I'm sure the few players that accidentally consumed Crown purchased motifs on the "wrong" characters will be very happy as well.

Yep! It’s allows for a very customizable experience. You can choose a unique Outfit style for every item slot that has a visual appearance for a truly personalized look.

Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 4, 2018 7:14PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Rift, and it's for vanilla levelling (you get the last crate at lvl50, although the cap is 70 now).
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any reason why motifs are not being fully converted to account wide unlocks like dyes/mementos/costumes,etc when the most important part of them(appearance) is going to be basically account-wide now?
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So we cant create a costume of an item thats not a crafting motif? I wanted to get the lich set as costume
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • Jaeysa
    Jaeysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we use lower-level appearances for the Outfit system?
    PC/NA: Primarily Daggerfall Covenant.

GL of Hearthlight - a NA/PC Housing guild. PM for details/invite!

Lennie: Breton Sorceror. 9-trait crafter on everything, purveyor of useless frippery.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Jaeysa wrote: »

As long as one of your characters knows the corresponding motif(s) for those lower-level items/item sets, yes.

Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd also like to know this!
    [Ninja'd by Jessica! :P ]

Also, does having one of the "converter" collectibles--Imperial and Morag Tong--unlock that style for outfits?
    Edited by opaj on January 4, 2018 7:22PM
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can i use heavy armor costume for my light armor character?
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

As long as one of your characters knows the corresponding motif(s) for those lower-level items/item sets, yes.

*cheers* :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works