Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Dragon Bones and Update 17 Preview"

• PerArdua
    PerArdua
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_GinaBruno
    You guys really did mean early January for more info . Looking forward to more details in the near future . Esp clarifications on points mentioned earlier on this thread like how to get in game storage chests (please no buoyant armature like rng), will there be display mannequins and will long term players who have already fully levelled get retrospective levelling rewards (I know several people who have 14 fully lvled toons). Shame eso live is so late for us on the other side of the pond but guess I ll catch up tomorrow
    Oh and nearly forgot new dungeons to and included eso + I can’t wait (I m guessing late feb release on console) possibly the best dlc so far since the new realease format
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm actually confused, I'll have to wait for today's ESO Live before making a rushed judgement.

Can't wait for PTS next week hopefully it comes on monday!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I'm actually confused, I'll have to wait for today's ESO Live before making a rushed judgement.

Can't wait for PTS next week hopefully it comes on monday!

Agreed. That news article almost raised more questions than it answered, and left a lot of questions unanswered.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    /Hype
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• alceleniel
    alceleniel
    ✭✭✭
    Some questions:
    - Will there be some bonuses for ESO+ members according to the outfit station (like free slots etc.)?
    - Rewards for leveling up: will they be also granted for existing characters?
    - And finally more a wish than a questioN: There should be also solo versions of the dungeons. Those DLCs are just for group players and excludes solo players (and please no discussion about why someone plays an MMO solo, we have our reasons).
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    alceleniel wrote: »
    Some questions:
    - Will there be some bonuses for ESO+ members according to the outfit station (like free slots etc.)?
    - Rewards for leveling up: will they be also granted for existing characters?
    - And finally more a wish than a questioN: There should be also solo versions of the dungeons. Those DLCs are just for group players and excludes solo players (and please no discussion about why someone plays an MMO solo, we have our reasons).

There is a solo version of the dungeons, called Normal Mode. Most dungeons are soloable, if you have the skill.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the Outfit system does not sound like the Transmogrification that people were wanting and expecting. I was thinking that my crafter who has collected all the exotic motifs would be able to make/change armors for my other toons, but now it doesn't sound like it.
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    With the Level Up Advisor, every time one of your characters gains a level, you will receive gameplay tips and useful rewards

So what about people that are already at max lvl ? will they get the rewards etc via mail or auto added to inv/craft bag

To quote Gina from another thread:
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Okay, another question. The Outfit System section says:
    With the Outfit System, you can change the appearance of your equipment to reflect any of your known crafting styles by visiting an Outfit Station. [...] You will have access to one unique outfit that you can customize using gold, but you will also be able to acquire Outfit Change Tokens and additional Outfit Slots from the Crown Store, allowing you to have a variety of outfits ready to go at a moment's notice.
    I don't understand this. Does this mean I only get to customize my appearance once without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or can I re-customize my appearance multiple times without spending Crowns? What is an Outfit Slot? Is this the same as the costume slot we currently have? When I use an Outfit Station, am I changing the style of the actual gear I have equipped, and if so, can I change it again without buying tokens from the Crown Store? Or am I changing the appearance of a costume (the "one unique outfit" mentioned in the article)?

If I'm understanding correctly:
    -You get one free customizable costume. (Maybe per character but probably per account, it would likely be in your appearance collectables)
    -You can redesign this costume same way you respect skill points, by paying gold.
    -You can also skip the gold sink by buying a token, just like a respec scroll in the crown store now.
    -You can buy extra costumes, so you can have multiple outfits ready without spending gold every time.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    Aeslief wrote: »
    So the Outfit system does not sound like the Transmogrification that people were wanting and expecting. I was thinking that my crafter who has collected all the exotic motifs would be able to make/change armors for my other toons, but now it doesn't sound like it.

Yeah, from what it sounds like the outfit system will function similar to the dye station system where it doesn’t actually ‘change the look’ of the actual clothing/costume but instead makes a skin to look like whatever crafting motif you want it to look like for that character. To your point, I don’t think that one character that knows all the motifs will be able to re-skin armor for another character that doesn’t know the motif. I don’t hate it...but it’s different from what I expected. Hopefully we’re both wrong, because that would be pretty handy to do.
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    Gina, will we be able to craft these storage housing furnishings? and how common will they be?

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on January 4, 2018 5:26PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • hiyde
    hiyde
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator, the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

Will only the homeowner be able to add/remove items from housing storage, or will there be a permissions system to allow others access?
    @Hiyde GM/Founder - Bleakrock Barter Co (Trade Guild - PC/NA) | Blackbriar Barter Co (Trade Guild-PC/NA)
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is the difference between storage coffers and storage chests?
    What category do these fall into for housing limits (Traditional, Special, Collectible, Special Collectible)?
    How many items can you store in a coffer or chest?
    Are there extra restrictions on how many storage items you can have (1 shared across all houses, 1 in each house)?
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can you wear the outfit custome in cyro, ic or battlegrounds?
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Loving the sounds of things so far! Can we get more info on the outfit system?
    Are we effectively making a costume we can put on and take off?
    Is this costume dyeable?
    Is it one per character or one per account? (without purchasing extra slots?)
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • Phaedrathallassa
    Phaedrathallassa
    ✭✭✭

To quote Gina from another thread:
    The rewards obtained through the Level Up Advisor are items that will be helpful for your character as they progress to level 50, and will not be retroactively granted to existing characters. We'll have a full list of the milestone rewards listed in the PTS patch notes for visibility.

So what about my friend with 14/14 characters? Is she going to have to delete a character? or will these collectables not be unique (obtainable through other means)?

Edited by Phaedrathallassa on January 4, 2018 5:20PM
  • fioskal
    fioskal
    ✭✭✭
    wtb more character slots

Also, can you confirm whether we need motifs learned on each character we want to do a costume on? Or will we be able to 'create' the costume on crafter toons and use them on alts?
    -Fiona-
    PC - NA
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator, the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

<3 telvar, thank for this !
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    So no increase in furnishing slots in this update - is this planned perhaps?

This is requested at least as much, maybe even more, than home storage.

Khajiit wants to build a roof garden.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

It is something we still want to do, and are exploring. We don't have any news beyond that, but just know that it is still on the table for the future.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Battlegrounds staying CP then?
    PC EU
  • AdamBourke
    AdamBourke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect these Storage Chests/Coffers are going to be expensive.

Nothing else in the update really interests me.

:-(
    PS4 - EU

Please put the Eyevea/EarthForge wayshrines back on the map?
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, Gina said this morning they're going back to no-CP in U17!
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the post. I am both hyped for the upcoming changes and a little disappointed.

1. I am super excited that you are including the home storage items in IC to buy with Tel Var. More ppl will go to IC more IC pvp.
    2. I am sort of bummed out that there is no Cyrodill section. Like what kind of changes you have planned for open world pvp.
    THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

No, Gina said this morning they're going back to no-CP in U17!

**** YEAH!
    PC EU
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just a quick note to everyone that we see all your questions and while we're answering what we can today, we will also have a detailed article coming out for the Outfit System, and another base-game one that covers the Level Up Advisor, Skills Advisor, and Home Storage. So more info is coming! We'll also be taking a look at all of the above (from a high-level perspective) on ESO Live tonight at 6pm EST.
    Jessica Folsom
    Staff Post
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot craft the Housing Storage Furnishings. Storage coffers and chests will be available for purchase from the Mastercraft Mediator (coming with Update 17), the Crown Store, or from Tel Var Merchants. You'll also be able to earn a storage coffer from the Level Up Advisor when you reach level 18, if you have not already purchased it.

So for Writ Vouchers then? Otherwise, WTB skill in PvP! :D I think I need to check my Tel Var totals next time I log in regardless...
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • 16BitForestCat
    16BitForestCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

*LOL* Dammit! I've been sitting on like eight unleveled storage/crafting alts since launch, and I JUST leveled them all to 50 or nearly 50 during the New Life Festival because those dailies + bonus XP made for swift leveling. Talk about terrible timing! :D

Luckily, I have more slots and already have future characters planned...but this WOULD become a thing the moment I go through the level grind after years of not doing so, haha.

P.S. Earning Crown Crates through normal gameplay is the RIGHT way of doing Crates at all! I admit I get bored of frequently leveling alts (hence why I avoid doing Seasons in another game unless there's a reward I really want), but I'm cool with earning Crates that way, since I won't spend real money without knowing what I'll get.
    Edited by 16BitForestCat on January 4, 2018 5:42PM
    PC/NA. Alliance agnostic: all factions suck and should go touch grass together.
    If you ever wonder why certain official fandom spaces are so often toxic, remember: corruption starts from the top.
  • opallithia
    opallithia
    ✭✭✭
    So if I'm understanding correctly, does this mean that if we want to change the appearance of our outfit, we will have to personally know the motif on the character whose outfit we're changing?

If that's true... that is very disheartening for crafters, who have spent a lot of time, gold, and energy to level up their crafting ability and collect motifs. I really hope there will be some way to trade outfits between characters or players, or something, because this completely devalues what it means to be a crafter. Either this, or making motifs easier to get, because having to farm motifs on EVERY character if we want them to look good is going to be REALLY frustrating for a lot of people.

Hoping for more clarification on this.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But, because people are not getting back rewards for leveling up that has already happened, this only applies to new characters?
    Edited by Elsonso on January 4, 2018 5:43PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus