Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Remember when quests were hard?

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    ESO quests are terrible

"Hey go there and do that but watch out there are things that can't kill you"

The level of ease is actually ridiculous. There should be some incredibly difficult solo quests in the game that require gear and mechanics that usually come from the help of the community.

And by mechanics I DONT mean another normal dwemer sphere but has 10x the health and 10x the damage but still the same boring predictable attacks.

This is one department I think ESO is genuinely terrible in. It's way way WAY too easy to quest.

There were plenty of those pre-One Tamriel...at least until I leveled up one or two times, came back, and rofl-stomped those bosses and their mechanics. Not to mention the buggy ones - I was on my second DC character before Faolchu's mechanics worked properly.

On the other hand, on my no CP magwarden, I found the regular questing pretty easy right up until the quest boss where maintaining sustain plus damage plus self-healing got considerable harder (and I knew what I was doing).

If you want incredibly difficult solo quests, try doing to group quests in Craglorn. I'm finding those quite difficult on my best character. However, at the point where someone is soloing group dungeons with ease, I rather think that that person has passed any semblance of difficulty that basic overland questing can or should provide.

This is basically power creep, in the same way that power creep in Skyrim and Morrowind eventually renders most content in the game trivial. Once you have a certain level of power or in ESO, a certain level of experience, there's no way for the content to not be easy while still being quite difficult to someone who doesn't have that experience.
  • Alex_Lex
    Alex_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was funny back in the day, another way funny. Killing a 3 vet mob pack without ready ultimate was a challenge.
    38397386244_ee599250d0_o.jpg

Can't say I didn't make challenge for myself sometimes
    Edited by Alex_Lex on December 17, 2017 12:44PM
    EU: Beatrice gra-Brog, Rebellie, Yshterie, Jearra , Lirielline
    Christess, Fleuretta, Jubilee Cake, Braviliana, Onyxette
    M'adjirra, Dances-around-Nirn, Nerieth, Estrice, Ann der Wood
    Éternelle, Burns-all-the-babies, Jyggurag
    NA: Dice Twice, Nikka from the barrel
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I remember that I went to craglorn far too early, as soon as I got to the capital.. and got my face beat in by gargoyls all over the place.

But I only started playing just over a year ago.

Lol I remember when the jackals or hyenas or dingoes or whatever ate my baby!

But seriously though, upper crag wasps - like wtfbbq!

God and that upper crag delve with the Yodelbeest - whatever she was, that was ROFLstomp at first!
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering everyone saying "it was fun dying to mobs back in thuh day!" - I sure remember at the time, people wailing on the forums how tough it was and threatening to rage quit. If they went back to how it was at the beginning, people would QQ hard lol.
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Jade1986 wrote: »
    I just wish it were skyrim adept difficulty level at least. I mean the big baddies in this game are incredibly anticlimactic because they are so easy. .....

@Jade1986

Olms +2 is anticlimactic? Rakkhat HM is anticlimactic? Granted, not all of us are in guilds that do that in their sleep with speed runs and no deaths for grins and giggles, Some of us found them to be somewhat of a challenge when we first cleared them. Well, I have not cleared Olms +2 yet.

But that is where the PvE challenge is intended to be. Not overland trash mobs and not even Doshia. Heck, Doshia was not really a challenge the first week the game was out. It was just a matter of staying behind her to avoid her cleave.

Tired overused response is tired and overused. We clearly are not talking about hm dungeons, or trials. Adept difficulty on skyrim was not hard, by ANY measure. But it at least made you think a little when faced with bosses. Why do you people insist on twisting our words when we say things? When I say adept skyrim difficulty, I -MEAN- adept skyrim difficulty, there is no hidden code that transaltes it into REALLY meaning skyrim legendary difficulty.

My word....

Yea, I agree. The premise of this thread is tired and slightly overused so I guess responses will follow suit.

It is kind of silly to suggest replies that have already been provided to a thread topic never be used before when the same lame thread pops up from time to time. This is the same topic that has come up from time to time merely disguised with the difficulty level from a different game.

Besides, Adept difficulty for you is more like Master difficulty for a new player not wearing all that fancy set bonus and with zero CP.

It is just not going to happen in a large scale MMORPG. As stated before, different content is designed for different difficulty levels. Do not like my previous reply, to bad because that is the way it will remain.

Did you just say adept on skyrim was....

I cant even.....

Might want to read what I said more carefully. Seems as though you missed something my statement is 100% correct.

I will try to spell it out a little more carefully for you.

What you would find to be equivalent to Skyrim Adept Difficulty with your max CP and your fancy BiS set bonus may be great for you.

However, the new player wearing droped gear, likely no set bonus, certainly unlikely any 5PC, and having zero CP and lacks the 3 1/2 years experience in the game that you do will find that difficulty much higher than Adept.

That a fact jack whether you like it or not and regardless of the attempt to dismiss it with that slight.

I will also repeat, it isn't going to happen in a large scale MMORPG. Different content is designed for different difficulty levels. Do not like my previous reply, to bad because that is the way it will remain That is also a fact.

I have played the game like a new player, stood in red aoes, got ccd, pulled too many mobs, didnt b lock, didnt dodge, had no cp allocated, had only dropped white gear, and it is still beyond easy. Not even skyrim novice easy. That, is a fact, what you said, is an assumption, and a pretty big one at taht.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Miss the 12mins spent killing "Sadal"
    PC EU

• Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember going into normal maelstrom for the first time and feeling a sense of accomplishment when I beat it. Not too long ago, I accidentally went in on normal. Tried to wipe but With surge, boundless storm, and ilambris, I couldn’t. So I decided to see if I could beat the whole first round that way.

https://youtu.be/-LiFwAs-aaU

But that’s the difference between cp, good gear, and knowing mechanics.

I never liked the leveled zones. A skeever shouldn’t be impossible to kill because it’s in riften. As if the riften skeever went to skeever ninja school or something. But I do wish there was a greater threat based on mob types. A pack of Skeevers should be killed with a liquid lightning and a heavy attack where a giant or mammoth should be dangerous enough to make you think twice before you engage it solo.
  • Eyesinthedrk
    Eyesinthedrk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And a corresponding reward. Getting 7 leather from killing 5 skeevers but possibly getting 0 to 2 from a mammoth is a bit silly.
  • wesly.backersb16_ESO
    pls make it as hard as in the beginning of the game !
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread went exactly the way I hoped! I member!
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Sithmaga
    Sithmaga
    Take off all you’re equipment off and do it naked.
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    For a new person like me with a level 25 character it's still hard. I'm not going back to that 1st fighters guild boss fight for a bit. I also have a mages guild quest which requires going to Craiglorn, so not going there for now either. Heck I can't even get there yet. And yes, most of this is due to my complete lack of experience in making a build, mechanics etc.

Still, been playing about a month and enjoying what I can do.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxcat wrote: »
    For a new person like me with a level 25 character it's still hard. I'm not going back to that 1st fighters guild boss fight for a bit. I also have a mages guild quest which requires going to Craiglorn, so not going there for now either. Heck I can't even get there yet. And yes, most of this is due to my complete lack of experience in making a build, mechanics etc.

Still, been playing about a month and enjoying what I can do.

None of the Mages Guild quests should be sending you to Craglorn. The Mages and Fighters Guild quests take place in your alliance's home zones.
  • Kiara
    Kiara
    ✭✭✭
    I remember when I first time ventured low lvl to Riften, I took a hell of a beating there. Also, when I made my low lvl toon (lvl12 I think) vampire and had to go through Lamae quest... I miss that times, level scalling is a poor system in general in my opinion and should work only on group dungeons :(
  • RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it first started, the game was hard. I think those who are altoholics would know. You play through the alliance storyline, some of the bosses for the story lines were harder than usual. They were elites in their own right.

Hell I was bamboozled by the ghosts of tanzelwil. You could solo public dungeons but it required a specific build. You could also solo world bosses then but again, with a specific build and more intimate knowledge of your class. The veiled Queen was honestly a *** with her elite guard.

Doshia was easier for some classes that had in built aoe skills but for nightblades or dks? It was terrible. Rose tinted glasses or no, it was harder. But I'm not gonna deny one Tamriel opened the game up for all and was the one thing that saved the eso from dying. But as other posters or other posts had said, there is too much of a gap between hard dungeons and overland content.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭

None of the Mages Guild quests should be sending you to Craglorn. The Mages and Fighters Guild quests take place in your alliance's home zones.[/quote]

Some luminel lens thing. Anyway I thought it was mages guild maybe not (I'm not at home to check). I'll get there eventually someday after I defeat Fildgor Orcthane. :-) and maybe Doisha.

• Ajaxcat
    Ajaxcat
    ✭✭
    Ajaxcat wrote: »

None of the Mages Guild quests should be sending you to Craglorn. The Mages and Fighters Guild quests take place in your alliance's home zones.

Some luminel lens thing.

[/quote]
    So maybe not Mages guild, my mistake - it's called
    Of Knives and Long Shadows and it's liminel lens not luminel.
    - i picked UP the quest IN the mage's guild.
    Doesn't matter now though - I just put it aside - I leveled the character up and I've been to Craglorn once just to look around.
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Mages & Fighters guild quests take place entirely within your alliance zones as well as a few other separate areas accessible through portals. That quest you picked in the Mages Guild, "Of Knives and Long Shadows" is actually the introductory quest for the DLC: Clockwork City, not part of the Mages Guild quest line.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |