The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Please merge the sub 50(Kyne) and non cp campaigns.

• StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    The heroic thing would be for newer players to be funneled into the non vet campaign better and for there to be kind and knowledgeable players leading educational guilds to help players bridge any gaps.

This. The best way to learn in this game is by asking for help and advice from more experienced players. Playing in a completely newb friendly campaign won't help anyone there because there won't be anyone to teach them the ropes of PvP. I know that many experienced players, while they can be elitist, won't hesitate to give advice if newer players reach out to them.
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread seems full of pro-Kyne people that actually play on the server and anti-Kyne folks that play echo chamber about alleged all gold folks beating up new players. I guess I was one of those (but besides some gold campaign rewards just purple) and I had a lot of fun taking new players and teaching them how to small scale. This doesn't happen in Sotha, Shor, or Vivec. Those pugs will be pugs until they quit or the game dies. You aren't proposing anything helpful to the PvP community.

Oh, and I'd say I 1vX just as hard in any vet campaign. I don't play Kyne anymore besides when I am leveling a new character and I have not noticed a learning curve between the two.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »

Oh, and I'd say I 1vX just as hard in any vet campaign. I don't play Kyne anymore besides when I am leveling a new character and I have not noticed a learning curve between the two.

If it’s just as hard, and the same learning curve then merge it. For the sake of the pop.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a different environment. Gear and playstyle are not comparable. You're ranting about a topic of which you have little to no perspective. And what guild is your inside source?

I think Kyne is a fine learning environment. I helped move our guild from there to Shor. They seem to be okay - almost like they had a helpful experience in PvP before going vet. I wonder where they got that!?
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StaticWave , that's what my guild did for two years. We educated new players. Kyne is valuable - but I agree with @Zander98 that new players should be funneled in more efficiently to grow the PvP community. If someone doesn't have a vet toon then maybe limit them to that campaign for a while.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing I think would help would be to have incentive to play in Vet campaings would be to have sub-50 characters could earn progress toward CP. It could then encourage those who are just making alts and are more experienced out of Kyne. I mean after all; at this point you are playing level 50 + end game content.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly this thread could be summed up as lonely Sotha people wondering where the zergs they hate so much went...

Hint: somewhere a tad less toxic.
    Edited by gabriebe on December 7, 2017 9:56PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually it would make more sense if the guilds that run Sotha have a presence on Kyne and do a better job of recruiting members to their guild if population is such a problem.
    Edited by TequilaFire on December 7, 2017 10:00PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Truths
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StaticWave wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    Just sounds like your faction has run most players out of the sotha because of their population advantage. They killed the server and now pvp is dead in there.

A lot of the better guilds and players from kyne have left to vet servers as many have stated. Pvp pop is on the decline because it's the same ground hog day experience over and over. Nothing new to retain people or bring new people in.

Bringing a lvl 10 player, who has never been in pvp, into sotha where they'll get killed to procs alone will discourage them from coming back. So, your server is dead, because your faction killed it. Now you are mad because there is nobody left to play against.

So, move to vivec or another faction to balance things out. Bringing in new players or less experienced pvpers for you to destroy repeatedly doesn't fix anything.

Procs became irrelevant 2 patches ago. You’re a little late on that matter.

We honestly don’t care if Sotha has no players on since we can just switch to vivec or shor, which we have been doing for the past few months. If there’s no one else to fight or the lag is too bad, we either log off, go duel in storm haven, or do a few bgs. It won’t affect us at all.

If Sotha pop wasn’t dead, this thread wouldn’t exist.

What makes you think anybody in Kyne gives two *** about the Sotha pop being dead.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stridig wrote: »
    Just sounds like your faction has run most players out of the sotha because of their population advantage. They killed the server and now pvp is dead in there.

A lot of the better guilds and players from kyne have left to vet servers as many have stated. Pvp pop is on the decline because it's the same ground hog day experience over and over. Nothing new to retain people or bring new people in.

Bringing a lvl 10 player, who has never been in pvp, into sotha where they'll get killed to procs alone will discourage them from coming back. So, your server is dead, because your faction killed it. Now you are mad because there is nobody left to play against.

So, move to vivec or another faction to balance things out. Bringing in new players or less experienced pvpers for you to destroy repeatedly doesn't fix anything.

We honestly don’t care if Sotha has no players on since we can just switch to vivec or shor, which we have been doing for the past few months. If there’s no one else to fight or the lag is too bad, we either log off, go duel in storm haven, or do a few bgs. It won’t affect us at all.

What makes you think anybody in Kyne gives two *** about the Sotha pop being dead.

What makes you think I care about the thin skin of people hiding in kyne. Come out of hiding and get farmed.
    Edited by A_G_G_R_O on December 8, 2017 2:10AM
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they just don't want to interact with your clearly charming personality. Grow up and just farm pugs in vivec.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »

What makes you think I care about the thin skin of people hiding in kyne. Come out of hiding and get farmed.

I don't play in Kyne. I get farmed daily in Shor and Vivec by toxic players wearing broken sets who rarely know what to do when their crown isn't telling them what abilities to use.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This thread has become pretty amusing
  • StaticWave
    StaticWave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I don't care what they think lol
    Platform:
    PC NA

Main:
    Static Wave - AD stamsorc

• gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly 75% of the fun I am havin right now in Kyne is just being around new players as teammates. Sure, they do stupid stuff like sieging a door, and they die to pretty much anything, and sometimes I even have to buy them a horse. But they're enthusiastic and just happy to go take keeps, and make fights happen. It's a bit refreshing. Free to play week seems to have brought a lot of fresh blood that'd be turned off of all they did was fighting a population that is a lot more experienced than they are without any of the disadvantages.
    Edited by gabriebe on December 8, 2017 3:53AM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    tbh this whole thread is for my amusement.
    ZoS doing something about pvp, that is the actual troll.
    @Adenoma I enjoy those campaigns, sadly vivec's performance is *** and my faction (AD) cannot help themselves but zerg the other campaigns to oblivion. Last night we had great fights on shor, then tm and ruin showed up to destro ult proxy det equal to lesser numbers.... what a joy I cant murder my own faction without tediously leveling a different toon, it's undatunted, all of its abilities..... sadness.

Been fun forum pvping with kyne users tho.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So just roll another alliance.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    nah too much effort, troll forums low effort
    Im finishing med school and moving in with bae soon cant be troubled or commit that much effort. Ill hop on when the map is good and troll when it isnt.
  • Rainraven
    Rainraven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @StaticWave so then what was the point in this thread?

Pretty sure it was to address the OP's general boredom and stir people up. Success!
    tbh this whole thread is for my amusement.
    ZoS doing something about pvp, that is the actual troll.
    @Adenoma I enjoy those campaigns, sadly vivec's performance is *** and my faction (AD) cannot help themselves but zerg the other campaigns to oblivion. Last night we had great fights on shor, then tm and ruin showed up to destro ult proxy det equal to lesser numbers.... what a joy I cant murder my own faction without tediously leveling a different toon, it's undatunted, all of its abilities..... sadness.

Might be worth it...
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nah too much effort, troll forums low effort
    Im finishing med school and moving in with bae soon cant be troubled or commit that much effort. Ill hop on when the map is good and troll when it isnt.

Oh boy! I can only imagine you for an annual check up. It would go something like this:

Dr. AGGRO- "nice to see you again Mr. Brown. What seems to be bothering you"?
    Mr. Brown - "Well as I get older, things other people say really have started to bother me".
    Dr. AGGRO- "Well Mr. Brown, without doing a bunch of extensive testing to get to the root of the problem, I can cut through the chase and give you an obvious diagnosis".
    Mr. Brown - "That would be great"!
    Dr. AGGRO- "Mr. Brown, you have a mangina. That is your problem".

Thanks Doc.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Damn @Stridig , you just made me realized my name as Dr. Aggro would have been so much better and now that I cannot change it, I must go to bed more sad than I already am.
  • Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn @Stridig , you just made me realized my name as Dr. Aggro would have been so much better and now that I cannot change it, I must go to bed more sad than I already am.

Happy I could help.
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @A_G_G_R_O , what field? I'm about to match and I don't think I want to consult your service.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Adenoma wrote: »
    @A_G_G_R_O , what field? I'm about to match and I don't think I want to consult your service.

I find it highly unlikely you would consult the services of someone else finishing med school in your residency, or fellowship once you pick your specialty. You will be consulting much older peopl than myself. Well not much older that is rude. Besides we are off topic.

Delete kyne.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do EM. I consult other services constantly. I speak with interns on services routinely. You sound preclinical.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    You sound like you have a lot of free time an interest in the game with all these responses. Despite declining @Joshlenoir 1v1 Request because you were too busy because of your reasoning of:

Im finishing med school and moving in with bae soon cant be troubled or commit that much effort.

Whatevs I love your comments here you keep my thread at the top of the board and help keep the topic alive and fresh.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it take you a lot of time or thought to do this? I have the month off after finishing PEM.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I understand from Kyne is players who couldn't cut it in vet PvP go to Kyne for a PvP experience that is more to their speed. It's quite sad if one thinks a campaign meant for and aimed at new players is comparable in experience required to perform in vivec, shor, or sotha. There are people who make multiple accounts and level it to 35-45 specifically for certain skills, then deck them out with gold armor just to rail on the noobs starting the game.
    At this point sotha should just be deleted or merged with shor. leave kyne as is because below 50 campaigns need to be there for brand new players. Not sure if ZoS will do anything about the predators that enjoy overly easy PvP or need to, but as far as sotha goes that campaign has been on a downward trend for as long as I remember. Maybe it's all partly due to the overall playerbase dying and interest in PvP going down the tubes as well. Who knows.
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    We did it Bois 3 k views. Where is my fourth forum star.