The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bloodroot Forge - Vet HM - How do you approach this fight?

code65536
code65536
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
My friends and I have cleared vBrF on Hard Mode four times now--once during the first week of PTS (before they buffed this fight in one of the later PTS patches), and then thrice on Live. And every single time we've beaten it on HM, it was a messy cluster***k where it felt like we scraped through by the skin of our teeth. Every time, lava was everywhere and we were teetering on the edge of wiping.

So we beat it, but it doesn't feel like we beat it, if that makes any sense. We don't have a reliable strategy or even a guarantee that we can beat it if we make no mistakes, because it just feels like no matter what we do, lava is going to cover the room in the late stages of the fight, and we no longer feel like we're in control over how the fight will go. In contrast, we're pretty confident that we can do the Vet HM final bosses for all 5 of the other DLC dungeons and reliably no-death them, and we always feel like we are in control in those fights.

And so my question is: Do other people feel the same way about the HM version of this fight? If not, then what's your strategy?

(Also, I think that vBrF HM is the hardest HM of all the DLC dungeons. And that vBrF non-HM is the easiest non-HM of the DLC dungeons. Non-HM is a joke, and it's shocking how wide of a gap there is between HM and non-HM. Which further makes me feel like there's something fundamentally wrong with how we're approaching HM.)
Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
Personal best scores:
Dungeon trifectas:
Media: YouTubeTwitch