The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DECEMBER - Monthly Combat update

CavalryPK
CavalryPK
✭✭✭✭✭
is it to early to ask for this post ? please ? @ZOS_GinaBruno .
THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The less opportinities there are to break something, the better things are
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Haha it's too early, yes. We will be doing one, but need to write it up first.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dark moons Gina, dark moons...
    On a somewhat unrelated note when can we expect to hear info on Q1 2018? There may have been mention of an end of the year letter from Matt Firor, but I am guessing "No ETA."
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Vanthras79 wrote: »

On a somewhat unrelated note when can we expect to hear info on Q1 2018? There may have been mention of an end of the year letter from Matt Firor, but I am guessing "No ETA."

The plan is to give you some small Q1 news nuggets before the end of the year.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yaaaay
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Hype!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So will these be updates on the previous months notes or new notes entirely?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hope they will plan to add some kind of " intelligence " to the Pets ,currently they just stuck themself in wall or behind invisible wall xD
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Gina's defense, the last thread was posted on nov 3rd.
    You turkey's forgot ZoS still has 2 days left to post it :D
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    I hope they will plan to add some kind of " intelligence " to the Pets ,currently they just stuck themself in wall or behind invisible wall xD

I hope they give pets an option to be like netch, where they stay an equal distance around you and don't run off to attack. The AI is too bad.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just to clarify, which year are you referring.

• stevepdodson_ESO888
    stevepdodson_ESO888
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »
    The less opportinities there are to break something, the better things are

this like some sort of Shaolin mantra...I half expected you to end by calling him Grasshopper :)
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy for the updates, and greatfull to the people who give them.

I cannot help but dread any more combat changes however.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any change is better than nothing coz stale game is dead game.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I do like me some nuggets.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kram8ion
    Kram8ion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mmmm nuggets
    ps4eu
    Kramm stam man kittyblade

• earichardson79ub17_ESO
    Cinbri wrote: »

so they can add story line, open more maps, add races, classes, or aliens in flying space ships why, why, why does it have to be skills, combat, and damage/healing output,

✭✭✭✭

Let me help you.

We have realised we screwed up the templar and have now fixed our mistake. Thanks to all those who pointed this out over the months.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    what about:

- summon shade fixed
    - healing in trials fixed
    - LFG tool fixed
    ? :smiley: -
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

so they can add story line, open more maps, add races, classes, or aliens in flying space ships why, why, why does it have to be skills, combat, and damage/healing output,

Uhm, maybe it's because you can l2p with your 350cp?

Nah, just kidding. There are content updates every 3 month, in case you have missed it. Called DLCs and Chapters. And why do they have to change combat? To achieve balance, to fix what's broken. Don't even know why you ask something like that.

E: there is a signature option available, in case you've missed that too.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on December 3, 2017 3:29PM
  • earichardson79ub17_ESO

Uhm, maybe it's because you can l2p with your 350cp?

Nah, just kidding. There are content updates every 3 month, in case you have missed it. Called DLCs and Chapters. And why do they have to change combat? To achieve balance, to fix what's broken. Don't even know why you ask something like that.

E: there is a signature option available, in case you've missed that too.

Yes i have realizaed there is a signature tool just havent figured out how to get what i want on there.

Second, i do try to l2p, but have a hard time with multi-focusing. I.e i get so focused on boss dont realize two spawns behind me. The game was better in the beginning, just because the players were more forgiving and welcoming of uniqueness. My favorite things about all the elder scrolls games are that i could play magic, stamina, or both and still beat end game; the other was simplicity of their real time combat system. I know that some of that just doesn't work online, but it was so much closer to being true to the elder scroll legacy than it is now. Now they lock skill lines, gone basically f2p, and seem to more interested in pvp than pve. To eso has failed at staying true to elder scrolls.

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just going to sip my tea and watch as DK's become literally pointless if they blanket nerf blocking lool. MagDK RiP already a useless class setup in Open World PvP and the 2nd weakest DPS class setup in PvE. Now they don't even want to allow it to block in trials loooooooolllll
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on December 3, 2017 11:57PM
  • parkel
    parkel
    I'm just going to sip my tea and watch as DK's become literally pointless if they blanket nerf blocking lool. MagDK RiP already a useless class setup in Open World PvP and the 2nd weakest DPS class setup in PvE. Now they don't even want to allow it to block in trials loooooooolllll

Maybe you should stay off the weed...
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    parkel wrote: »

Maybe you should stay off the weed...

Sure thing bud, when you look at ingame statistics, passives on the other classes, resource management, mobility, and execution capabilites of everyone else compared to a mag dk.

but hey, as long as we Dk's just shut up and nod our heads quietly as our class is crumbled into nothing but a brainless no damage block class, sure thing bud.
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on December 4, 2017 1:39AM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'm fine with a nerf to block if they make our other defense worthwhile. Not just a 2s time increase. I mean 4 reflects per person, and snare/immo removal+immunity.

Also a general sustain increase since siphoner (affects battle roar) and the morrowind changes made sustain even worse, the fact that people were complaining about DK sustain before made it worse. The attempt to alleviate it was half assed too.
    Edited by ak_pvp on December 4, 2017 2:07AM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

I'm fine with a nerf to block if they make our other defense worthwhile. Not just a 2s time increase. I mean 4 reflects per person, and snare/immo removal+immunity.

Also a general sustain increase since siphoner (affects battle roar) and the morrowind changes made sustain even worse, the fact that people were complaining about DK sustain before made it worse. The attempt to alleviate it was half assed too.

I think we had a discussion about this in another thread too.

Yeah, DK's have the ass end worst passive abilites, Second class citizen skills, and general sluggishness when it comes to accomplishing anything.

But I'm enjoying my OP Sorc. So much damage, so effortlessly, so much better sustain, even tankier than a heavy armor DK with 1 shield plus resto shield just lulz at that point. And a free passive execute plus pets just makes it a stomp fest everywhere. Destro un dodgeable, un reflectable cast skill. Having Rune cage for 40 meters even more useful than fossilize. I mean GD

I just made my Dk a crafting mule
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on December 4, 2017 2:18AM
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭

Yeah, DK's have the ass end worst passive abilites, Second class citizen skills, and general sluggishness when it comes to accomplishing anything.

But I'm enjoying my OP Sorc. So much damage, so effortlessly, so much better sustain, even tankier than a heavy armor DK with 1 shield plus resto shield just lulz at that point. And a free passive execute plus pets just makes it a stomp fest everywhere. Destro un dodgeable, un reflectable cast skill. Having Rune cage for 40 meters even more useful than fossilize. I mean GD

Oh snap... my DK is just a crafter now...
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swirve wrote: »

Oh snap... my DK is just a crafter now...

You can still use one, if you like being a masochist and having everyone only want a Tank for dungeons and trials. Lol
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sadly, the whole “stand-your-ground” mentality for mDKs sets them up for multiple attackers and promotes block casting. If they take that away- then ZoS needs to reconsider mDK skills. Make their mobility more inline with other classes... if we can’t stand our ground.
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren