The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stamina DK builds - lets come together

Torbschka
Torbschka
✭✭✭✭
Hey guys,

it doesnt need a lot of explanation if I say that stam DK's not in a good place - but, IMO, there is a problem if a stam NB is more tanky in medium (roll dodging/cloak) as im in heavy.

But actually I want to focus this thread on useful set combos for stam DK which might help new stam DK's out.

Honestly, until now I dient adapt to medium armor, but tweaked around with some "unique" sets.

So, standard, but as I said - feel actually pretty out"classed":

5x seventh
5x ww hide
2x bloodspawn
1x asylum 2h

- for me it works "OK" ONLY if I use lingering health + speed potions and poison of ur choice.
Im usually running around with 1k stam regen, glyphs are weapon DMG.

5x fury/legion
5x barkskin
2x trollking/bloodspawn

Well, I run forward momentum,, but histbark is similar as wizards riposte with shields - even if u are "immmune" to snares and Immobilisation, if they are casted on u (even if they dont work) it procs histbark

Poision + potion and jewelry is always the same.

So, pretty standard for me, what u guy ATE running, do we have some fancy medium armor stam DK here kicking ass?

Ty all, hopefully this thread will provide some info for all of us :)

Edited by Torbschka on November 23, 2017 7:22AM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Torbschka wrote: »
    but, IMO, there is a problem if a stam NB is more tanky in medium (roll dodging/cloak) as im in heavy.

That is not what tanky is.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    but, IMO, there is a problem if a stam NB is more tanky in medium (roll dodging/cloak) as im in heavy.

That is not what tanky is.

We could have a discussion on that, but if u just go for the "wording" - u are correct. In terms of the actual meaning, its different for me though.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    + For recognizing Barkskin. Barkskin synergies very well with Forward Momentum. With FM you´re guaranteed to proc the 5th piece bonus after FM´s snare immunity part runs out. A good set that offers both sustain and tankiness (due to it´s first bonuses that offers resistance).
  • melek-taus
    melek-taus
    ✭✭✭
    I have been running the same set for over a year now and still love it. Sometimes I swap out parts but in the end it stays almost the same. I tried using more tanky builds with Fury and Legion but could not get into that kind of game play.

O yeah forgot to mention my DK is a bow ganker/ flanker. I am that guy running through the massive battles and taking all the kills or the guy you did not see coming at all.

My build.

1 Veli
    5 Marksmen
    5 Morag Tong (Sometimes I swap Morag Tong for Spriggans but it's less effective in my opinium)
    Bow front bar, 2H sword back bar (both sharpened but I'll try nirhoned soon)
    All Gold and Divine + weapon damage enchantments + warrior mundus.
    Weapon damage all the way as it aint no fun if there is no need to run and reset the fight.

My build is mainly meant for ganking or as a support in the massive keep battles. Depending on your play style it can be a lot of fun if you are very agile with your mouse/ keyboard movement as you need to keep moving and dogding a lot. Lately I am more into the keeps battles and this build is very effective on the front lines holding the enemy off.
    Do not expect 1vX as this build is very squishy however if you can move well and you can time accordingly 1vX should not be a problem. But I tend to run and gun on the front lines as I love quick and agile game play with a lot of movement.
    EU/PC
    Malek Taus - VR16 Khajit Stamina GankKnight -

Will gank for Skooma....
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Open World / solo queue BG
    SnB / 2h with Infused WD enchant on 1h, Oblivion enchant or custom poison on Nirnhoned 2h
    7th Legion (front bar only) / Fury / Bloodspawn
    Impen on majority of pieces
    Dubious Camoran Throne
    Weapon damage glyphs x3
    Serpent Mundus
    Lingering HP / Major expedition potions OR Immovable / Stamina / Major Expedition

SnB => Igneous Shield, Resolving Vigor, Flames of Oblivion, Pierce Armor, Reverb. Bash // Flawless Db OR Spell Wall
    2h => Venomous Claw, Forward Momentum, Volatile Armor, Reverse Slash (any morph), Crit rush // Take Flight
    The "classic" no-permablock berzerk setup. Not much to be said, other than Lingering HP pots complement the lack of burst heal by picking Forward momentum pretty well (they'll make around 20% of your total healing if you keep Vigor up). Some people want to run the Lava Foot soup, but it has less overall stats than Dubious, and people tend to underestimate how good that large of a HP pool can be (around 30k depending on whether your race has a bonus to HP or if you use tristat glyphs). Weapon damage can get over 5k, and Take flight will burst down squishies from almost full HP. The biggest drawback is the reliance on heavy attacks to sustain.

Alternatives for more sustain: Replacing 1 or 2 glyphs by Stamina Recovery, replacing Fury with Tava's Favor (you'll need to dodge roll manually) or Bone Pirate.

Premade BG
    2h / Resto with Infused WD enchant on resto, Oblivion enchant or custom poison on Nirnhoned 2h
    7th Legion / Agility / Bloodspawn
    Impen on majority of pieces
    Dubious Camoran Throne
    Weapon damage glyphs x3
    Warrior Mundus
    Lingering HP / Major expedition potions

Resto=> Igneous Shield, Resolving Vigor, Volatile Armor, Caltrops (any morph), Rearming trap // Light's Champion
    2h => Flames of Oblivion, Noxious Breath, Forward Momentum, Venomous Claw, Fossilize // Flawless DB
    If I tell you "stamina healer" and "DoT build" as a stam DK with a resto staff backbar, you might wonder WTF is going on. First, this build is made for premades, when your allies are decently tanky, and is made to fight other premades.
    It works by laying multiple AoE snares and roots, keeping Vigor up constantly to help nearby allies, and pop the (extremely balanced) resto ult whenever necessary. I initially tried it with Dizzying swing, but this ability is beyond useless when facing half-decent opponents, hence the switch to a full DoT setup.

This build is not made to burst down targets from full health, and while you can win a fair share of outnumbered fights,
    a classic Berzerk build is better for it. Instead, it puts out tremendous pressure, locks down targets and make them easy kills for your teammates, while keeping said teammates alive. Between Rearming Trap, Caltrops and Fossilize, you can keep people rooted and snared constantly

Monster sets choices: Earthgore (burst heal + purge), Trollking (sustained healing), Bloodspawn (self sustain + more resto ults)

I don't want to live on this planet anymore
    Fists
    Naked
    No food / drink
    No mundus
    No pots

Fists => Dragon Fire Scales, <nothing>, <nothing>, <nothing>, <nothing> // <nothing> or Corrosive Armor
    Go in Cyrodiil, find a Snipe spammer looking for an easy target, pop wings and laugh.

Fun fact: because you'll have no mitigation, the snipe spammer will take more damage than if you had an armor on. Reflect build OP confirmed. :trollface:
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't want to live on this planet anymore
    Fists
    Naked
    No food / drink
    No mundus
    No pots

Fists => Dragon Fire Scales, <nothing>, <nothing>, <nothing>, <nothing> // <nothing> or Corrosive Armor
    Go in Cyrodiil, find a Snipe spammer looking for an easy target, pop wings and laugh.

Fun fact: because you'll have no mitigation, the snipe spammer will take more damage than if you had an armor on. Reflect build OP confirmed. :trollface:

LMAO, so *** tempted to try this xD
  • Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good builds and good information so far, I guess I lol try fury + 7thb+ BS soon.

Although, did any1 ever tried

5x blackrose (3x robust jewelry + 2x armor)
    5x seventh (3x armor + SNB)
    2x bloodspawn?

7 heavy though

Alternativ would be to run those 2x blue 7th Legion rings - they are robust

So, whats about:

5x shackle (body)
    5x 7th (2x robust rings, 1x necklace, SNB)
    2x BS
    1x asylum

5-1-1

The max mag and max + stam regen ATE very useful on stam DK and DMG from shackle isnt too bad, right?)

Wouldnt this actually outoerform fury s+ 7th in sustain and being "similar" in DMG (3x robust jewelry +20 wpn DMG more vs fury proc).
    Edited by Torbschka on November 23, 2017 12:41PM
  • Jjitsuboy98
    Jjitsuboy98
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good builds and good information so far, I guess I lol try fury + 7thb+ BS soon.

Although, did any1 ever tried

5x blackrose (3x robust jewelry + 2x armor)
    5x seventh (3x armor + SNB)
    2x bloodspawn?

7 heavy though

Alternativ would be to run those 2x blue 7th Legion rings - they are robust

So, whats about:

5x shackle (body)
    5x 7th (2x robust rings, 1x necklace, SNB)
    2x BS
    1x asylum

5-1-1

The max mag and max + stam regen ATE very useful on stam DK and DMG from shackle isnt too bad, right?)

Wouldnt this actually outoerform fury s+ 7th in sustain and being "similar" in DMG (3x robust jewelry +20 wpn DMG more vs fury proc).

Can't equip two of the blue rings only one.
  • NobleX35
    NobleX35
    ✭✭✭✭
    The build I've been running since clockwork city is as follows:

5 medium / 2 heavy

Front Bar

2x Bloodspawn (M-Head, M-Shoulder)
    5x Automaton (M-Waist, M-Glove, Jewelry)
    3x Fortified Brass (H-Chest, H-Leg, M-Boot)
    1x Asylum Greatsword

Rally, Rearming Trap, Stampede, Wrecking Blow, Reverce Slice

Back Bar

2x Bloodspawn (M-Head, M-Shoulder)
    5x Automaton (M-Waist, M-Glove, Jewelry)
    5x Fortified Brass (H-Chest, H-Leg, M-Boot, 1H Axe, Shield)

Shuffle, Volatile Armor, Reverb Bash, Igneous Shield, Vigor

With this setup I have more resistances and more consistently high weapon damage than I did while in heavy. My resistances go over cap while on back bar, and my weapon damage can get up to about 4.7-4.8k.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war."
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nb in medium more tanky than a dk in heavy armor, yup stopped reading there and I know this post can't be taken seriously