The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Main Thread for Long Loading Screens

• Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is fixed soon I have deleted the game off my ps4 until it gets fixed I tried my hardest to keep playing even with the load screens but they just got to be to frustrating for me at one point I was about to break my game disk in half it's to annoying so I figured I had better move on from eso for awhile until it works at least better then it is now it's just to broken at the moment to enjoy
    Edited by Jake1576 on November 17, 2017 6:52PM
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    After logging on after 3 days 20 min load screen then when reset excellent message login failed an unexpected error gas occurred not seen that before lol then 're try and same again. Is this a company policy to deter paying subscribers from playing a game that apparently they should be. This has been a long standing issues and the basics need to addressed as they are core to the games interaction

Let's not quote the sale of goods act where the item is not of merchandise quality

I trust these basic items will get addressed as per the header of the post

Xbox 1 eu server

2 plus years subscriber

A suggestion give some loyalty rewards based on difficulties and subscription periods to keep clients entertained. Cost to eso. Nil give as rewards of the loyal
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing on the PC version. Yesterday, I was just minding my own business questing in The Rift. I logged out, and when i tried logging back into the character I left in The Rift, I was stuck at the character screen with it saying "Requesting character load" indefinitely. I have not been able to log into my main since. And when I tried going to The Rift or Eastmarch on my alt, I was not able to.

So i am having some issues with getting to Skyrim's two zones. If I'm not the only one experiencing these problems, then to everyone else, feel free to log out in The Rift or Eastmarch at your own risk! Although I suggest logging out in a different zone than those two for the time being!

In a nutshell, infinite loading screens in Eastmarch and The Rift.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on November 17, 2017 7:48PM
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am playing on the PC version. Yesterday, I was just minding my own business questing in The Rift. I logged out, and when i tried logging back into the character I left in The Rift, I was stuck at the character screen with it saying "Requesting character load" indefinitely. I have not been able to log into my main since. And when I tried going to The Rift or Eastmarch on my alt, I was not able to.

So i am having some issues with getting to Skyrim's two zones. If I'm not the only one experiencing these problems, then to everyone else, feel free to log out in The Rift or Eastmarch at your own risk! Although I suggest logging out in a different zone than those two for the time being!

You might want to submit a ticket as this is a slightly different problem than the bug where you already have character loaded an get an infinite loading screen.
  • Hey-its-Me
    Hey-its-Me
    ✭✭
    Xbox one S

Not only do we get stuck in loading when we have to res to a wayshrine while PVPing, but when I get back from restarting my while computer and logging into ESO, my character has arrived to the wayshrine before and I find her dead because she got there 1st and the enemy fraction just kills me. seems to me those people have figured out how to do this too.

THEN when ALL 10 people in my PVP group/Guild were booted from the system and taking 20 minutes to get back......I decided to bail but was UNABLE to leave Cyrodiil!! Every single wayshrine in Tamriel was unavailable to me, I couldn't get out the door at Eylswere gate I was unable to travel using the Transitus shrine. I was STUCK! I went to sleep and here I am.

This is SO incredibly stupid and frustrating. I really love the game but Zenimax and Bethesda is going to hurt big time because of this and so they should. They're even offering to play free to gain new players...really? This is not going to fair well for them in trying to get new interest. They should just make sure they keep their current players happy really.

BTW, I want CROWNs for this waste of time spending all night in loading screens, getting booted from the server, getting lag, etc.

Not to mention, ESO WINS for the #! WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE IN THE WORLD!!
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On November 15th, Zos stated they should have an update for us the next day. Did I miss their update? It is now November 17th and I haven’t seen an update. I have basically quit playing because of this.
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    Well if it's anything like group finder bug that occurred after homestead launch, we'll prolly see a fix in about 6 months....
    I'm sorry, but I love the game itself as far as content and gameplay. But bugs and crashes have been an issue with this game since day 1. We've been getting total crashes on Xbox since launch which has never been resolved. A major bug with group finder, which happened with release of homestead that caused players to be removed from group, making group finder unusable, was a major issue on Xbox and possibly other consoles. The group finder bug went unchecked or even acknowledged, even after 100's of posts and complaints filed by players over the coarse of 4 months. It was about 6 months before we got a fix and I could pve again. And it's issues like this that are frustrating the community, and eventually patience runs out and players leave. I love this game, I really do, but everyone reaches a point where the bugs that cause frustration and eventually anger out weigh the fun you are having in the game. And it's slowly killing our player base.

And I don't believe the solution to bringing more players into the game is by adding content. Yes, we like new things to do, and also sells, but only if they work properly. Eventually people reach a point where they are not going to buy more content for a game that they believe is to broken to even play.I think what would please your players, and ultimately customers, would be to fix the game and content that you have currently.

Really love the game, I just think I would love it more and so would the community if we spent less time producing content to sell and more time repairing what you already have. I understand bugs occur, and at least this bug is getting adressed within a reasonable amount of time, but it blows my mind how other bugs within the game can go so long without getting addressed sometimes.
    Edited by koralr33fer on November 17, 2017 9:26PM
  • nikigwil
    nikigwil
    ✭✭✭
    @Karivaa they did update this thread. Is probably a few pages back now though. You may have to do some digging to find it.
  • rentalman UK
    rentalman UK
    ✭✭✭
    Hello everyone,

We’re creating this thread so there’s a central place to have discussions and provide updates on the long loading screens that many of you have been experiencing. We know this issue is extremely frustrating, and for some, is preventing you from playing all together. We’re doing everything we can to get this fixed as quickly as possible, and have made it a top priority for our engineers. Our QA team has been testing various scenarios so we can collect as much data as possible, including hopping in and out of PvE zones, dungeons, Trials, Cyrodiil, and Battlegrounds, all with varying amounts of players (we’re utilizing bots for situations requiring higher numbers). We’ve also been able to pin down a solid reproducible case for us to investigate that our own Game Director Matt Firor was encountering.

As of now, our only update is that our engineers and programmers are still working to pin point exactly what’s causing this. Until we know, we won’t be able to put in a fix. As for what you can do to help…
    • Let us know which system and megaserver you’re on if you’re currently having this issue.
      • If you’re on PS4, please specify if you’re on a regular PS4 or PS4 Pro.
      • If on Xbox, please specify if you’re using an Xbox One, Xbox One S, or Xbox One X.
      • If you’re a PC player, let us know what sort of processor you’re running.
    • Is there any specific area or zone you consistently see a long loading screen?
    • What are you doing when you experience a long loading screen?
      • I.e.: Using a wayshrine, resurrecting, looting, etc.
    • Are you utilizing any sort of SSD?
    • If you play on Xbox, is the game installed on the internal hard drive or an external hard drive?
    • If you’re on PS4, are you using the first party hard drive or a replacement?
    Thanks for your patience on this, everyone. To reiterate, our priority right now is fixing this issue as soon as we can. We’ll provide updates in this thread as we receive them.

Just out of interest how many are working on this
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey everyone, short (but good) update for today: Looks like the fixes we're implementing have tentatively passed QA testing on our internal clients, so we're working on getting everything built out. We'll have some news for you early next week on when you can expect these fixes to go live and what happened to cause all this. For now, if you aren't already, you can try relogging when you're sitting at a long load screen and that will sometimes help get you through a little faster.

Thanks again for your patience; we know this has been a very frustrating issue to deal with.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Purdomination33
    Purdomination33
    ✭✭✭
    Reporting loading screen issue.
    Cyrodiil, Xbox One X. NA. Anytime I die, fast travel between keeps, sometimes loading into zone. This message can be poated every 10 minutes or so.
    Mediocre AD StamDK.
    BiS wine drinker.
    Award winning dog owner.
    Disappointing husband.
  • iviikeonxbox
    iviikeonxbox
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox One (not S or X)
    Stock HD
    NA Server
    Cyrodiil
    Death Loading Screen and...Transit Shrine Loading Screen (infinite)
    5:25 PM ET
    5:29 PM ET

Now 5:32 PM ET with infinite load screen trying to get to character select screen.

Now 5:44 PM ET, again with Transit Shrine...off to dinner. Hopefully, the Chinese delivery doesn't go into a infinite delivery screen!
    Edited by iviikeonxbox on November 17, 2017 10:45PM
    Xbox One | Daggerfall Covenant

Twitter.com/iviikeonxbox
    Twitch.tv/iviikeonxbox
    YouTube.com/iviikeonxbox
  • koralr33fer
    koralr33fer
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet! Some good news :)
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone, short (but good) update for today: Looks like the fixes we're implementing have tentatively passed QA testing on our internal clients, so we're working on getting everything built out. We'll have some news for you early next week on when you can expect these fixes to go live and what happened to cause all this. For now, if you aren't already, you can try relogging when you're sitting at a long load screen and that will sometimes help get you through a little faster.

Thanks again for your patience; we know this has been a very frustrating issue to deal with.

Ok.. thanks for the update. We'll see. Hope it does get fix. PS4 here.. 5 times having to close app and reload within the last hour. Logged in fine into Deshaan, grabbed the dailies, did a couple undaunted dungeons fine, no issues. Then wayshrined to Gold Coast and did the Arena world boss and delve dailies. Also, no problems here with about 35 minutes into the game. Thereafter, wayshrined back to Deshaan.. ahhh, first long loading. Ok, closed app and reload. Dropped off dailies and wayshrined to CWC. Crap, second time, closed app and reload. Grabbed world boss daily and wayshrined to the Mire Mechanica Wayshrine for the Crow boss. Went into the Portal to the Exach.. no problem. Wiped the floor with Crow bosses (with 10-15 others), then went back to exit the portal. Long load screen again. Closed app and reload once again. Ahh, what the heck, been about 5 mins. Decided to head back in for another round of the crow bosses. Long load screen again. Closed app and reload. Am back inside the boss pit. Wiped the floor with the crow bosses a second time. Went to re-exit at the portal, and yet again, a long load screen. Closed app and reload for the fifth time. Back outside and finished up Daedric Incursion. Screw it, I'm putting the game back up on the shelf and going out for some brewskies and hopefully meet a fascinating woman for a better entertainment.
    Edited by GreenhaloX on November 17, 2017 11:19PM
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might want to submit a ticket as this is a slightly different problem than the bug where you already have character loaded an get an infinite loading screen.

Actually, I did submit a ticket, but it was because of the glitch apparently. Once they moved my character to a different zone, I logged in just fine. Like I said, Eastmarch and The Rift are the zones giving me infinite loading screens. Am I the only having trouble with those zones, though?
  • LordSlif
    LordSlif
    ✭✭✭✭
    Long load time... old problem, but now the game is unplayable
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have some news for you early next week on when you can expect these fixes to go live...

So in 2 weeks or a month this still wont be fix..You guys hear that? that's the sound of you losing all your subs..You see that? That's the sight of your population declining every day this isn't fix. Zos killing their own game lmao
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like we are some weeks off from potential fix than? Also I'am skeptical that the issue is resolved if this is the same Q&A that missed this in the 1st place.

...than how are eso+ members getting compensated my subscription is running it last weeks and it seems I'am donating euros to you for unplayable product basically.

Sort your fix though and the game will start to look like empty desert the longer this takes.... Not a happy customer at all here.
  • doslekis
    doslekis
    ✭✭✭
    Well I take back what I said before about the load screens not being in PvE.

First run of blackhart haven, the final boss wouldn't load and we all got deserter penalty. Second run got stuck in a endless load screen with another member of the group, was able to talk with them in group chat the whole time. Ended up closing game.

About to try for a third run. Just trying to do a daily god help me.

Ps4 NA, remind me why I'm still subbed again?
    I don't normally use daggers, but when I do, I choose dos Lekis.
  • Barbaran
    Barbaran
    ✭✭✭✭
    ps4.
    in cyrodiil always. 75% proc into a load screen if i port or respawn.
    battlegrounds speratically, probably 25% proc chance i will load screen.
    and its 100% of the ps4 population, ive yet to hear of someone NOT having this problem.
    its issues like this that after almost 2 weeks still havent been solved that is going to be the last straw for alot of people.
    im sure call of duty has made more sales since clockwork city dropped
  • Lirkin
    Lirkin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bad today
  • flajocar
    flajocar
    Any time I'm in cyrodil. Even got an infinite load screen while riding my mount as my hroup was taking a keep. I surely hope you are planning to compensate us for the lost AP and time. I have tried to gain Ap since the updaye and get so frustrated because of load screen deaths. Xbox one s.
  • wizzard
    wizzard
    ✭✭
    Tbh we shd get something rlly rlly good for our patience... 4xrelogg to get to last boss in trials... vAS HM impossible on console... why? Some1 disconnects or gets a bluescreen or long loading screen and can’t enter the dungeon anymore...

We shd get something rlly rlly rlly good 4 our patience zenimax...
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xbox One
    Game installed on Internal Hardrive

It seems that the long or "infinite" loading screens are caused by porting to the location within the cell you are currently in, that requires a load screen. This can happen when porting to wayshrines via another wayshrine, gold payment or death. This can be seen a lot in Cyrodil. Another thing to note is that if the two port points are far away enough from each other (e.g. the DC Upper Cyrodil Gate to Fort Allessia) the "infinite" load screen does not occur.

"infinite" loading screens can also occur in cells that have doors that require a loadscreen to get through, e.g. the door to the Velidreth boss room in cradle of shadows or the portal to the boss room with the three crows in Clockwork City. It does not occur on simple door like to the doors into buildings and (clockwork city's case) elevators.

Those seem to be the main things that cause the "infnite" loading screen (for me at least)
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • Iink
    Iink
    ✭✭✭✭
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh.. it is Saturday and the weekend again. I would usually be ecstatic as it would be my chance of playing longer hours. With last weekend of 15-16 of these long arse loading screens (and other reoccurring blue screens and crashes,) having to closed app and reload/relog in all 15-16 times on Saturday and same on Sunday with about 8 times; ehh, I am NOT the usually thrilled guy or look forward to today or tomorrow for this game. Well, there is the AC: Syndicate I've been meaning to get into or, perhaps, go sight seeing outside and see what the heck is going on in the world outside these walls and door. Damn, it can be a scary place outside, though. Ha ha
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for ar least keeping us informed this time. I’ll play once the fix goes live. Wish it could be sooner than next week.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    Thanks for ar least keeping us informed this time. I’ll play once the fix goes live. Wish it could be sooner than next week.

Looks like it might be on Wednesday.

Edited by Elsonso on November 18, 2017 1:31PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for your efforts Gina, but it is too late for my guild and I. We will not play eso until drastic changes occur and/ or until you can prove your worth again. you have lost all my trust unfortunately, and that is something that is not easy to get back. STS is dissapointed in your actions and decisions.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz