The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Wizard's Riposte Drop Rate?

Galenus_of_Pergamon
I've only played 20 matches of BG, but still without a drop of this set? I need it for clockwork city.

Anyone have any droprate insight on this set or know of a PS4 NA trader that sells it?
14 AD Characters all 730CP+ (more info coming soon)

Vivat Veritas
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    In about a week of BGs I got 5 purple rings 2 purple necks and several impen armor pieces.

There's a trader where you can buy random BG weapons of a specific type(i.e. Inferno staff, sword) for 12k each, it's not a bad gamble since you can change traits in cwc.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 7, 2017 12:10AM
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've only played 20 matches of BG, but still without a drop of this set? I need it for clockwork city.

Anyone have any droprate insight on this set or know of a PS4 NA trader that sells it?

They're not as ubiquitous in PS4 NA as they are on other platforms/regions? I mean you can buy an entire set (3 jewels and 2 impen pieces) for under 10k on PC EU. Literally the cheapest set to put together.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »

They're not as ubiquitous in PS4 NA as they are on other platforms/regions? I mean you can buy an entire set (3 jewels and 2 impen pieces) for under 10k on PC EU. Literally the cheapest set to put together.

They're priced high in traders on xbox, but you can find them cheap if you ask any BG player.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on November 10, 2017 5:02PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I almost always have an entire set of purple jewelry up for 1400 each on guild trader. It's to easy to come by if you regularly do BG's.
    Edited by Toc de Malsvi on November 10, 2017 9:37PM
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get maybe 15 purple jewl a day.. selling them 10-20k each on pc eu B)
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blobsky wrote: »

jesus...

i sell them for 500g each on PC NA. When guild trader is 30/30 i just sell them to the nearest merchant. i get quite a few as well.
    Edited by Thogard on November 13, 2017 9:03AM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    Blobsky wrote: »

jesus...

i sell them for 500g each on PC NA. When guild trader is 30/30 i just sell them to the nearest merchant. i get quite a few as well.

I raged at my inventory and starting selling all my purple BG jewellery for 100 gold each.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Arcane or Robust Impenetrable Jewelry can fetch a few thousand on PC NA (or did as of a couple weeks ago at least), but the rest are barely worth anything.
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    Alcast recommends this set for his "Wrath" PvP MagSorc, but I am not sold on the idea.

https://alcasthq.com/eso-magicka-sorcerer-pvp-build1/

Why do I need to apply minor mame to an enemy if they cannot deal critical damage to my shields? This sounds like a lifesaver set if you start getting critically damaged after your shields are down and magicka burned.

Visiting the Battlegrounds vendor was a great idea because when I play battlegrounds all I get is purple tank and stam DPS sets.

I think I will stick with Shacklebreaker and Destruction Mastery. It's adds a large amount of magicka and a decent amount of stamina too B)

What are people's thoughts on this combo for the current PvP meta?
    Edited by Galenus_of_Pergamon on November 13, 2017 6:31PM

Vivat Veritas
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast recommends this set for his "Wrath" PvP MagSorc, but I am not sold on the idea.

Why do I need to apply minor mame to an enemy if they cannot deal critical damage to my shields? This sounds like a lifesaver set if you start getting critically damaged after your shields are down and magicka burned.

Visiting the Battlegrounds vendor was a great idea because when I play battlegrounds all I get is purple tank and stam DPS sets.

I think I will stick with Shacklebreaker and Destruction Mastery. It's adds a large amount of magicka and a decent amount of stamina too B)

People can still 'crit' your shields - the only thing that doesn't happen is the extra damage from a crit. The damage still counts for all crit-related "Does x when crit/on crit". Insofar as I'm aware (unless this was changed, it's been a while), people attacking and your shields will still have minor maim applied to them when they would have delt a crit, but your shield negated the bonus crit damage.

And of course it also still works when your shields are done xD It'll help keep you from getting your face smashed in (as quickly) when that happens.
    Edited by Tonturri on November 14, 2017 5:31PM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm literally giving them away 1k a piece of impen armour or purple jewellery. The guild stores are littered with them.
    PC EU
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

It's 15% less damage on your shields which can't even be crit on as you stated correctly. If you don't want that fine.
    PC EU
  • Galenus_of_Pergamon
    @WillhelmBlack

Certainly I want that now that @Tonturri clarified.

Things are never cheap on console. There are no market addons. People want 20k per piece on PS4. I'll just spend AP at the BG vendor.

Vivat Veritas
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @WillhelmBlack

Certainly I want that now that @Tonturri clarified.

Things are never cheap on console. There are no market addons. People want 20k per piece on PS4. I'll just spend AP at the BG vendor.

Yeah I worded it incorrectly, they can be crit on but take no extra damage from crits.

It's an extremely overpowered set, it's a huge buff even for your team mates! The range from which it takes effect is disgusting. May not help you in BG's though, in a 3 way fight the other enemy team get the debuff also, so less damage to the other team as well. In Cyrodiil in a 2 way fight its just simply overpowered.
    PC EU