The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Alliance switchers/traitors

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    1) You can't be a faction traitor if you play on all factions.

2) We have done a variety of locked camp nonsense, no one liked it, including the majority of the 'loyalists'. ZoS gave up due to the contrary whinging, and justly so.

3) Why blame players for their playing choices to get the best possible personal playing experience for them to play on? Sounds like a system problem to make the experience better. cite whinging

4) If certain players/guilds didn't swap to whatever when they did, the alliance war would have been over years ago. Over. Fin.

5) Lets constructively get the game to be as enjoyable as possible before we jump to how we can obstruct it.

6) Hamburgers.

So, after you read how I perceive (and many others) the problem, you still think it's a really good idea - just because you want to be able of jumping around alliances in every campaign? I mean, it doesn't just ruin the game, it creates actual real life conflicts; it's an ability to cheat, it creates a really bad attitude in area chat (usual AD/DC guys go into EP chat and spam crap, and the other way around I'm sure). I mean, I was targeted for racist slurs for half an hour and so on just a couple of days ago, however wrongly so as they had a weird idea I was non-white (it ended when another guy pointed out I am indeed Nordic and white). And all that for the sake of your "right to chose" different alliances whenever you like? I mean, are you by any chance a millennial?

There is a difference to having the ability to go to another faction, and then choosing what to do with your time there. Endorsing the ability to change isn't the same as endorsing with what said players would do there. The majority of players I know who like to hop, would hop from one, to then one, for one play session. If you are on one faction, you are there for a few hours till the fights die up, or other friends log on.

Players who choose to hoppity hop from one to another to call out siege, troll siege, troll camp, chat hate, in general negative behaviour, am I endorsing that? No. I have hopped between AD and EP the past few months to wonderful and creative banter in respective zone chats ( you'll get the tryhards ofc ) and the experience has always been great catching up with people, or complimenting them on memorable fights.

Racism? That is down to the braindead individuals who would rather spew out that crap than play the game. That has nothing to do with faction hopping or the game in general, the ignore and report features are there for a reason.

What I am endorsing, is choice. If a poplocked EP and DC are double teaming a 2 bar AD all the way to their gates, you bet your breeches I want to be on AD. But a few hours later, when AD have from BRK to Ash, and some of my EP friends log on, yup, I think I'll hop over there for a bit.

According to Wikipedia, Millennials are people born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Then indeed, I would be a Millennial. A better question yet, what exactly is the significance to any of your or my points as to what age I am?

It doesn't matter what you endorse or do, it's the end result that's interesting. I don't do any of that either - yet I can of course do so. I'm not a loser, nor do I give up easily, and I don't play dirty. It's not in my nature. However it is, for a large number of people. That's why we have laws, and that's why we have law enforcement in real life.
    There is, or at least was, such a thing as freedom. But the more people misuse their freedom, the less freedom we get. Laws are made, because of obvious violations to the freedom we are granted. This is such a case. I wouldn't care **** if you could do this, and people didn't obviously cause loads of problems and even harass people - but now they do, and people who don't put up with rude or cheating people are leaving. That's a far greater loss than if some crybabies leave because they can't pick any alliance they want from one day to another.

Rude people can be ignored, and cheating people can be reported. You are using a minority player-bases behaviour as justification to prevent an open platform in which some players can choose how they want to spend their play session.

Lock people to one alliance per campaign, we've been there. Bad behaviour and poor sportsmanship is still going to happen.

It´s not interesting to discuss what the people that behave does. Never was, and never will be. They´re not a part of the issue.The issue are those who abuse the alliance-swap to set the agenda for a campaign. Balance-changes/fixes etc often occur due to exploits and people who abuse certain mechanics. At the moment, alliance swapping is abused. In bigger campaigns that are pop-locked 24/7, like Vivec, it´s a little more difficult but still possible. But on smaller campaigns like Shor people are controlling who gets emp, who controls the map by swapping back and forth between alliances. This has a huge impact on the quality of the campaign.

When I whisper the players that swap back and forth why they´re doing they respond with something like: "We´re doing it for the sake of balancing the campaign"........This is so much ***, at least be honest and say that you farm emp for your guildies or something.

I think 1 alliance/campaign needs to be brought back. Sure it would still be possible to "rig"/control a campaign, but at least you´ve to communicate with people on the opposite faction to do so, which I´m more ok with.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

2) We have done a variety of locked camp nonsense, no one liked it, including the majority of the 'loyalists'. ZoS gave up due to the contrary whinging, and justly so.

3) Why blame players for their playing choices to get the best possible personal playing experience for them to play on? Sounds like a system problem to make the experience better. cite whinging

4) If certain players/guilds didn't swap to whatever when they did, the alliance war would have been over years ago. Over. Fin.

5) Lets constructively get the game to be as enjoyable as possible before we jump to how we can obstruct it.

6) Hamburgers.

So, after you read how I perceive (and many others) the problem, you still think it's a really good idea - just because you want to be able of jumping around alliances in every campaign? I mean, it doesn't just ruin the game, it creates actual real life conflicts; it's an ability to cheat, it creates a really bad attitude in area chat (usual AD/DC guys go into EP chat and spam crap, and the other way around I'm sure). I mean, I was targeted for racist slurs for half an hour and so on just a couple of days ago, however wrongly so as they had a weird idea I was non-white (it ended when another guy pointed out I am indeed Nordic and white). And all that for the sake of your "right to chose" different alliances whenever you like? I mean, are you by any chance a millennial?

There is a difference to having the ability to go to another faction, and then choosing what to do with your time there. Endorsing the ability to change isn't the same as endorsing with what said players would do there. The majority of players I know who like to hop, would hop from one, to then one, for one play session. If you are on one faction, you are there for a few hours till the fights die up, or other friends log on.

Players who choose to hoppity hop from one to another to call out siege, troll siege, troll camp, chat hate, in general negative behaviour, am I endorsing that? No. I have hopped between AD and EP the past few months to wonderful and creative banter in respective zone chats ( you'll get the tryhards ofc ) and the experience has always been great catching up with people, or complimenting them on memorable fights.

Racism? That is down to the braindead individuals who would rather spew out that crap than play the game. That has nothing to do with faction hopping or the game in general, the ignore and report features are there for a reason.

What I am endorsing, is choice. If a poplocked EP and DC are double teaming a 2 bar AD all the way to their gates, you bet your breeches I want to be on AD. But a few hours later, when AD have from BRK to Ash, and some of my EP friends log on, yup, I think I'll hop over there for a bit.

According to Wikipedia, Millennials are people born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Then indeed, I would be a Millennial. A better question yet, what exactly is the significance to any of your or my points as to what age I am?

It doesn't matter what you endorse or do, it's the end result that's interesting. I don't do any of that either - yet I can of course do so. I'm not a loser, nor do I give up easily, and I don't play dirty. It's not in my nature. However it is, for a large number of people. That's why we have laws, and that's why we have law enforcement in real life.
    There is, or at least was, such a thing as freedom. But the more people misuse their freedom, the less freedom we get. Laws are made, because of obvious violations to the freedom we are granted. This is such a case. I wouldn't care **** if you could do this, and people didn't obviously cause loads of problems and even harass people - but now they do, and people who don't put up with rude or cheating people are leaving. That's a far greater loss than if some crybabies leave because they can't pick any alliance they want from one day to another.

Rude people can be ignored, and cheating people can be reported. You are using a minority player-bases behaviour as justification to prevent an open platform in which some players can choose how they want to spend their play session.

Lock people to one alliance per campaign, we've been there. Bad behaviour and poor sportsmanship is still going to happen.

It´s not interesting to discuss what the people that behave does. Never was, and never will be. They´re not a part of the issue.The issue are those who abuse the alliance-swap to set the agenda for a campaign. Balance-changes/fixes etc often occur due to exploits and people who abuse certain mechanics. At the moment, alliance swapping is abused. In bigger campaigns that are pop-locked 24/7, like Vivec, it´s a little more difficult but still possible. But on smaller campaigns like Shor people are controlling who gets emp, who controls the map by swapping back and forth between alliances. This has a huge impact on the quality of the campaign.

When I whisper the players that swap back and forth why they´re doing they respond with something like: "We´re doing it for the sake of balancing the campaign"........This is so much ***, at least be honest and say that you farm emp for your guildies or something.

I think 1 alliance/campaign needs to be brought back. Sure it would still be possible to "rig"/control a campaign, but at least you´ve to communicate with people on the opposite faction to do so, which I´m more ok with.

Exactly. We could at least have Vivec locked to one alliance/gamertag. In the other campaigns, people who like to bully PVE'ers, people who want "emp" because they can't get it among the normal crowd, and people who like to run around "with their friends" can have their playground. I and a few others try to take the game seriously, and it's hard as it is now.
    I mean, people who made the mistake of "teabagging" you, and then getting killed like 6 times in 4 minutes by myself don't have the guts to keep playing their AD/DC toon for a while - so they change to their EP character to slander and disturb EP in area chat instead, and then of course "teabag" me when I die, while they are in the same alliance as me. Or for that sake, take a scroll and run straight for their friends. It's just stupid. And it's against the rules of the game, but it doesn't help reporting them, because ZOS doesn't care.

We have enough problems with probable cheaters and exploiters (like those dropping 7 Ice comets in a row, or who can shuffle-dodge 30 hits in a row, or werewolves using shuffle for 10 minutes straight, and of course riding mounts like anyone else). There's hardly need for more ways to cheat and cause problems.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    That's all stupid. "Can be ignored". Should that be a necessity in a game?

Its been a feature since launch, so..
    Furthermore, ZOS doesn't care a tiny little bit about cheaters, nor about people being overtly racist and what not (and I don't mean like nowadays "That's racist", but that they actually mean to to be as as obnoxious as possible).

I'm sure ZoS take all reports seriously on cheating and racism. I've seen and heard plenty of examples of temporary and permanent bans on accounts.
    All this could easily be avoided, going back to one alliance in every campaign. But no, you really enjoy jumping around between different alliances from one hour to another; because your friends went online - or because "the action is somewhere else". You know, that's really self centered. And I highly doubt that this is the original idea behind a AvAvA 30 day campaign. I really do.,

Eh, if you are not going to read my responses or even digest them, what is the point in a civil debate. By all means, bring back locked campaigns.
    Edited by Ghostbane on November 7, 2017 10:26AM
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6) Hamburgers.

That's all stupid. "Can be ignored". Should that be a necessity in a game? Furthermore, ZOS doesn't care a tiny little bit about cheaters, nor about people being overtly racist and what not (and I don't mean like nowadays "That's racist", but that they actually mean to to be as as obnoxious as possible). All this could easily be avoided, going back to one alliance in every campaign. But no, you really enjoy jumping around between different alliances from one hour to another; because your friends went online - or because "the action is somewhere else". You know, that's really self centered. And I highly doubt that this is the original idea behind a AvAvA 30 day campaign. I really do.,

To be fair: The so called "self centered" alliance hoppers seem to outnumber those that alliance hop to cause harm by quite a large margin.

Also it´s a game. The primary purpose is for people to have fun. Nothing that alliance hoppers do prevents you as an individual to have fun - except if they do so to specifically harass and kill you over and over again.

Honestly i still can´t find a drawback to alliance hopping. The reasons you´ve brought up are all subjective at best.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all stupid. "Can be ignored". Should that be a necessity in a game?

Its been a feature since launch, so..
    Furthermore, ZOS doesn't care a tiny little bit about cheaters, nor about people being overtly racist and what not (and I don't mean like nowadays "That's racist", but that they actually mean to to be as as obnoxious as possible).

I'm sure ZoS take all reports seriously on cheating and racism. I've seen and heard plenty of examples of temporary and permanent bans on accounts.
    All this could easily be avoided, going back to one alliance in every campaign. But no, you really enjoy jumping around between different alliances from one hour to another; because your friends went online - or because "the action is somewhere else". You know, that's really self centered. And I highly doubt that this is the original idea behind a AvAvA 30 day campaign. I really do.,

Eh, if you are not going to read my responses or even digest them, what is the point in a civil debate. By all means, bring back locked campaigns.

Then they have a slightly different definition of cheating, and a very high tolerance towards what's to be considered acceptable or not regarding expressing racist views. As simple as that.

Reading your replies does not equal immediately agreeing upon them. Let's agree to disagree. With the risk of making a strawman argument here, you are ready to live with abuse of freedom for the sake of freedom. In a game, I am not. Because I can't deal with the perpetrators myself, as I would in real life.
  • AnviOfVai
    AnviOfVai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do Alliance Swap but I swap every week or 2 never in between sessions. I am a AD Sorc for this week or 2 depending on how long I want to be on for. I then will switch to EP or DC Which are tanks and Healers, I don't really care who is winning or loosing I just want to play on my characters in a populated campaign. I am not fond of people who are on their (for example) AD Character for 20 minutes and then suddenly are on EP, but I can also understand if you have friends on the other alliance and you want to join them then fair enough. People in Cyrodiil seem understanding enough, probably because most of us have characters on all alliances now.

"I appear at my lord's behest, or perhaps I was always here, and you merely lacked the ability to see me."

PS4 - EU

AD - Pet Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - 160
    DC - Warden - Werewolf - in - progress - 160
    DC - Templar - Tank - 160
    DC - Sorcerer - Damage Dealer - in - progress
    EP - Dragon Knight -Fire Tank - 160
    EP - Nightblade - Damage Dealer - 160

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnviOfVai wrote: »
    I do Alliance Swap but I swap every week or 2 never in between sessions. I am a AD Sorc for this week or 2 depending on how long I want to be on for. I then will switch to EP or DC Which are tanks and Healers, I don't really care who is winning or loosing I just want to play on my characters in a populated campaign. I am not fond of people who are on their (for example) AD Character for 20 minutes and then suddenly are on EP, but I can also understand if you have friends on the other alliance and you want to join them then fair enough. People in Cyrodiil seem understanding enough, probably because most of us have characters on all alliances now.

I don't have any problem whatsoever with that way of playing, it's all fine. It's all the ways if misusing the possibility that's the problem. It boils back to the basics, that's why we have books of law and law enforcement. Because people do bad things, because they can.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about choice and every player has the right to choose. But you have to understand that sometimes bad people make bad choices that affect other players. I don't think anyone cares about the cross faction play. What everyone does care about are the players that cross over and create toxic issues in zone chat, steal scrolls, or generally harass the faction they are currently logged in on.

For me, it's do as you please, just don't do it in my backyard. I can not control what players do. I can control what players are in my guild.
  • Crewt
    Crewt
    Anazasi wrote: »
    For me, it's do as you please, just don't do it in my backyard. I can not control what players do. I can control what players are in my guild.

Why do people want to be in your guild (serious question)? I play DC and a lot of friends play all three factions.
    I am Crewt
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember plying PvP Cyrodiil back in 2015 (or maybe even 2014, it was long time ago) and... re-loggers/Alliance switchers/traitors (whatever you call it) was not a problem because back then campaigns were alliance - locked. Later it was changed and now people have possibility to "switch teams" re-log from lets say AD to DC, or EP to DC or whatever - switch alliance while still playing the same camping.

And what are the consequences ? Well lets just say those are "global". Just look at campaigns population balance. We have this campaigns where one side is constantly winning over & over again. Why ? Because if a 50 people guild can switch sides just like it was nothing - it basically makes the final scoreboard (and the whole camping) rigged. - Log in, paint the map on your alliance colour, get AP, re-log to different alliance, re-paint the map on your alliance colour, get AP, repeat & repeat...
    (not to mentions just by doing so it almost always leads to 2 vs 1 alliance siltation).

There was no such thing as one side constantly winning over & over again back in the day when campaigns were alliance locked. Sometimes DC would win, sometimes AD would win, sometimes EP would win etc.

That is why before ZOS start to fix any class / gear / skill balance - they need to fix population exploits caused by this (ability to switch alliance on the fly while still in the same campaign).
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 7, 2017 10:32PM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember plying PvP Cyrodiil back in 2015 (or maybe even 2014, it was long time ago) and... re-loggers/Alliance switchers/traitors (whatever you call it) was not a problem because back then campaigns were alliance - locked. Later it was changed and now people have possibility to "switch teams" re-log from lets say AD to DC, or EP to DC or whatever - switch alliance while still playing the same camping.

And what are the consequences ? Well lets just say those are "global". Just look at campaigns population balance. We have this campaigns where one side is constantly winning over & over again. Why ? Because if a 50 people guild can switch sides just like it was nothing - it basically makes the final scoreboard (and the whole camping) rigged. - Log in, paint the map on your alliance colour, get AP, re-log to different alliance, re-paint the map on your alliance colour, get AP, repeat & repeat...
    (not to mentions just by doing so it almost always leads to 2 vs 1 alliance siltation).

There was no such thing as one side constantly winning over & over again back in the day when campaigns were alliance locked. Sometimes DC would win, sometimes AD would win, sometimes EP would win etc.

That is why before ZOS start to fix any class / gear / skill balance - they need to fix population exploits caused by this (ability to switch alliance on the fly while still in the same campaign).

Nonsense, there have always been population imbalances, and even on the most populous campaigns, the scoreboard was largely determined by nightcapping. The reason some campaigns where somewhat competitive at least was that we had a lot more guilds trying to win them in the first place.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP

Going back to locked campaigns will stop nothing. And what I mean by that is if someone wants to switch the old way will still work. And if that is fixed then they will just wait until the game goes on sale and buy another copy and have another account. I know people with 4 accounts. I am sure that there are those with more.

I stopped caring about the traitor/spai thing a long time ago.

I have always played AD and I have seen many people from EP and DC hop onto an AD alt and play. And it don't bother me. Maybe if I try hard enough and play well enough then they may just stay a little longer and help. Although I was shocked to see Joy beside me on a wall!

I have seen a few players log off of AD characters and onto EP/DC alts. The reasons are bigger than what they appear. I have seen DC folks work with EP I have seen AD work with EPDC. Nothing will change this. Accept what we cannot change.

We have people in our guild who play all three factions. I Created separate sections in the discord just for them no cross talk allowed.

Another poster put it best there is nothing faction specific outside of Cyrodiil anymore. Remember those nice scroll and keep buffs people had in PVE? Complaints about buff servers got the "empty" campaigns removed. And the buffs were removed as well. Sounds nice but it hurt PVP. How? Well people could look at their buff bar and say wow my faction is kicking butt. And if they lost a buff some would come into the campaign and help out. No reason for them to do that now.

As PVP'ers we are a small fraction of the game. We need to be uniting and sticking together to push to ZOS our requests for fixes. Not creating animosity and sowing discord among our ranks. All of the infighting is making Cyro an empty place. And server stats don't lie. This is why we have less and less servers. Anger/bullying/hate/threats/accusations. Just drive people away.

When I see a friend on a different faction character I just smile because I know that win, lose, or draw the fight will be a good one and it is a friend on the other end of that pix-elated rendition.

Have fun in Cyrodiil. And I may know where the Last Deer is !!!

• Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP

Going back to locked campaigns will stop nothing. And what I mean by that is if someone wants to switch the old way will still work. And if that is fixed then they will just wait until the game goes on sale and buy another copy and have another account. I know people with 4 accounts. I am sure that there are those with more.

I stopped caring about the traitor/spai thing a long time ago.

I have always played AD and I have seen many people from EP and DC hop onto an AD alt and play. And it don't bother me. Maybe if I try hard enough and play well enough then they may just stay a little longer and help. Although I was shocked to see Joy beside me on a wall!

I have seen a few players log off of AD characters and onto EP/DC alts. The reasons are bigger than what they appear. I have seen DC folks work with EP I have seen AD work with EPDC. Nothing will change this. Accept what we cannot change.

We have people in our guild who play all three factions. I Created separate sections in the discord just for them no cross talk allowed.

Another poster put it best there is nothing faction specific outside of Cyrodiil anymore. Remember those nice scroll and keep buffs people had in PVE? Complaints about buff servers got the "empty" campaigns removed. And the buffs were removed as well. Sounds nice but it hurt PVP. How? Well people could look at their buff bar and say wow my faction is kicking butt. And if they lost a buff some would come into the campaign and help out. No reason for them to do that now.

As PVP'ers we are a small fraction of the game. We need to be uniting and sticking together to push to ZOS our requests for fixes. Not creating animosity and sowing discord among our ranks. All of the infighting is making Cyro an empty place. And server stats don't lie. This is why we have less and less servers. Anger/bullying/hate/threats/accusations. Just drive people away.

When I see a friend on a different faction character I just smile because I know that win, lose, or draw the fight will be a good one and it is a friend on the other end of that pix-elated rendition.

Have fun in Cyrodiil. And I may know where the Last Deer is !!!

Most people don't have more than one account, if they do - and want to spend innumerable hours and money making another one, just to cheat like that, be my guest. If you're that dedicated to being unfair, it's alright. Honestly. So yes, this would solve the problem, most of it.
  • Thalmor-Nordmaster
    Thalmor-Nordmaster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    op you might want to do a search in the general threads some peeps have 8 accounts.

And you have a reading and comprehension problem

I am AD and only AD

your post

"If you're that dedicated to being unfair, it's alright. Honestly. So yes, this would solve the problem, most of it."

if you stick around another year maybe you might get to know some of the people you are slamming on in the forums.

Or enjoy more tea bags your choice.

I see why your own faction disses you.

October 15th you came aboard you haven't been here since 1.6 up. My statements and ethics have withstood the test of haderus/trueflame and god knows how many other campaigns and servers. Many experienced players some from Beta times to present have explained to you why things are the way they are now.

I am going to mark this down as a troll post from a scrub . Even after explanation you still fail to see why things are the way they are.I will not attempt to explain why ZOS made PVP the way it is. Email a Dev maybe they will respond.

To my most favorite pact foes

Joy, Xylena,Meth i will see you around. If peggy moe is about let em know I am still going to trip them down the stairs.

and to my DC nemesis Essa-k I will gank you outside of roe when you least expect it.

Edited by Thalmor-Nordmaster on November 9, 2017 1:43PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    op you might want to do a search in the general threads some peeps have 8 accounts.

And you have a reading and comprehension problem

I am AD and only AD

your post

"If you're that dedicated to being unfair, it's alright. Honestly. So yes, this would solve the problem, most of it."

if you stick around another year maybe you might get to know some of the people you are slamming on in the forums.

Or enjoy more tea bags your choice.

I see why your own faction disses you.

October 15th you came aboard you haven't been here since 1.6 up. My statements and ethics have withstood the test of haderus/trueflame and god knows how many other campaigns and servers. Many experienced players some from Beta times to present have explained to you why things are the way they are now.

I am going to mark this down as a troll post from a scrub . Even after explanation you still fail to see why things are the way they are.I will not attempt to explain why ZOS made PVP the way it is. Email a Dev maybe they will respond.

To my most favorite pact foes

Joy, Xylena,Meth i will see you around. If peggy moe is about let em know I am still going to trip them down the stairs.

and to my DC nemesis Essa-k I will gank you outside of roe when you least expect it.

Always this "you wanna change your opinion, because I know this guy who have TWELVE accounts!". Yeah, some "peeps" have multiple accounts. Of course. But most don't. If they do, they rarely go as hard on all of them. I know a bunch of players really well, ONE of these have several accounts. Actually like 10 or so. But he's a hardcore "RPG" guy, and have a load of low level characters, and is basically a crap player. So no, that's not a valid argument to keep Pandora's Chest open, not at all. Not by any means.
  • Irylia
    Irylia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi... My name is Irylia and I’ve been the focus of faction bullying. I’m a traitor and I can’t wait to get to know you all.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something that occurred Saturday 11/11/2017 on the Shor campaign:

>Vivec overflow players populated prime time.

>EP faction had captured DC scrolls.

>DC attempts a retrieval effort for said DC scrolls.

>Primarily AD players log into their DC characters and assist in retrieving the DC scrolls EP had ownership of.

>DC is successful in eliminating EP players in possession of the DC Scrolls.

>Noted Primary AD players on their DC Characters manage to grab the scroll, and proceed to run them into the moat/water surrounding Imperial City.

>A considerable DC faction effort was completely wasted, AD players on their DC characters are taunting and inflammatory in DC zone chat.

Again: too much potential for abuse is present in the current system. Faction allegiance must be locked per account per campaign cycle.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Something that occurred Saturday 11/11/2017 on the Shor campaign:

>Vivec overflow players populated prime time.

>EP faction had captured DC scrolls.

>DC attempts a retrieval effort for said DC scrolls.

>Primarily AD players log into their DC characters and assist in retrieving the DC scrolls EP had ownership of.

>DC is successful in eliminating EP players in possession of the DC Scrolls.

>Noted Primary AD players on their DC Characters manage to grab the scroll, and proceed to run them into the moat/water surrounding Imperial City.

>A considerable DC faction effort was completely wasted, AD players on their DC characters are taunting and inflammatory in DC zone chat.

Again: too much potential for abuse is present in the current system. Faction allegiance must be locked per account per campaign cycle.

Things like these happened even back in 2014 because those people do not care about the campaign nor about their faction.

<Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Anybody that PvPs on more than 3 max level characters would run out of campaigns to home on. Then what?

Except YOU ASKED FOR IT! PVPers are the ones who asked and whined and BEGGED for other campaigns to be shut down.

Ta Daaa!

Not me, I however did asked, whined and beg. For 2+ yrs in both. 1St and 2ND Scourge PS4 EU, to hopefully get filled; by both AD and DC. Only did my wish was granted, during last 4 months before 2ND Scourge become deleted. However moving forward to Clock Works City.

I disagree with the choice of deleting campaigns, but I didn't wish for other Campaigns to be shut down. Just like 1St and 2ND Scourge, it's ZOS decision and ZOS are the judges. It’s only for ZOS to decide, what get closed or not. Rather we PvPers like it or not, it's up to ZOS and only ZOS to make the final move.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    Home Campaigns should be locked. Consider shortening duration of campaigns to 14, 21 days, if necessary,
    then ppl could reasonably finish a 14 day campaign on one faction and easily go play with other faction friends in another 14 day campaign.
    At least that way , each faction can count on its players being loyal to winning that particular campaign.

I've played since beta and it feels like the alliance switching within same campaign seems to have gotten worse amongst more veteran players who are either bored, have guilds & friends in multiple alliances, and/or trying to max ap on alt toons and don't really care to 'win" the actual campaign they are in atm. Zone chat reflects this.

New ESO players coming in to a faction are drawn into this futile environment. More of the he veteran players who are faction loyal should work more to coach and encourage new players fr in zone and guilds at --how to excel at the game when the going get rough rather than just pick up and switch to their other faction friends..

Stand by your team when its up and when its down, teach new players how to get better and grow your faction.
    They either go along with it or quit pvp out of frustration that they aren't competing on a level playing field.

IMO, any game's integrity is compromised by allowing a player to switch teams in the middle of a battle or sporting match.

Some players have suggested a "24-cool down" between re-entering the same campaign on a diff faction toon as a halfway measure. While I strongly advocate for locking one faction per campaign for the duration due to good sportsmanship.

The 'cool down" idea might help as a bridge solution between many of the ideas discussed in this thread so far...
    Edited by keto3000 on October 20, 2018 1:36PM
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @keto3000 What you’re describing is what I call the “Objective is for(insert standard homophobic slur)” attitude. These people have this weird assumption they’re playing fortnite, and the purpose of the game is to jump up and down the middle of a field with thier sorc. Anytime someone says cross alliance play can’t be abused or, if you call out shady *** people say your a trash zergling who’s paranoid. This has been going on all week with these players in every PS4 campaign NA, and since I’ve posted this video reports are coming out that these exact players have been boosting themselves for months in the off campaigns this way. And yet they’re still roaming around pvp, ZoS has done nothing yet.
    https://youtu.be/0xCdGndd498
    Edited by allstarplayergk on October 19, 2018 3:42PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    11 month necro but a thread I still concur with.

Debate always run on tho.

My view, lets test it. They tried CP on BG cos everyone asked it was terrible and they reverted. Why not try it out, If its as bad as people think they can turn it off.

Many of us would like to see the cheats stopped.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @Beardimus Certainly can’t hurt worse than ignoring the problem. Since these muppets went on this spree in vivec, and subsequently everyone’s realized every leaderboard Cozmic and these guys have been on has mysteriously had all scrolls disappeared in the middle of the night for months now, everyone’s gone from pvp. Viv went from EP and AD being pop locked almost all day every day apart from the wee hours of the morning(dc usually maintaining 2 bars). Now, it’s a 1 bar AD farm server. They literally cleared the 30 day campaign. AD pop locked last night very late but part from that most alliances never getting above 1 bar. Sad, all the guilds walked out. How can faction lock hurt any worse than that lol?
  • WitchyWarrior
    WitchyWarrior
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Beardimus Certainly can’t hurt worse than ignoring the problem. Since these muppets went on this spree in vivec, and subsequently everyone’s realized every leaderboard Cozmic and these guys have been on has mysteriously had all scrolls disappeared in the middle of the night for months now, everyone’s gone from pvp. Viv went from EP and AD being pop locked almost all day every day apart from the wee hours of the morning(dc usually maintaining 2 bars). Now, it’s a 1 bar AD farm server. They literally cleared the 30 day campaign. AD pop locked last night very late but part from that most alliances never getting above 1 bar. Sad, all the guilds walked out. How can faction lock hurt any worse than that lol?

Agreed.
    I took a break for a few months & just came back and it's so dead. I play at all different times of the day & evening and prior to my break, there was almost always a queue in the evening time for EP.
    Been back a few weeks now and I think I was in a queue once during the weekend, but it was a really short one. I was 4 I think. Months ago that number would almost always be in the 30's.
    SAD
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BrianWheeler keen for any insights you have on alliance lock? Sound like the guys above have had quite an impact from folks doing suspect stuff.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Anybody that PvPs on more than 3 max level characters would run out of campaigns to home on. Then what?

I have 10 Toons, my main is AD, so all my other Toons are AD, simple, one Faction chosen, one Faction it is, thx to one Tamriel, you can still do every single PVE zone in game

Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    I too would love even a sign that @ZOS_BrianWheeler or any of the devs have even seen this lol. The guys doing this are still running rampant, Cozmic was in belkarth this morning blabbering about how many people have reported him/offering to sell his services to guilds in any campaign and he’s still top of the leaderboards and ZoS won’t do ***. So far, he’s not wrong.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They probably should have faction locked accounts.

Problem is, they didn't... and it's too late to do anything about it now.

What they should do is make it so you can only "home" one faction per campaign.
  • allstarplayergk
    allstarplayergk
    ✭✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO they actually had faction locked accounts at release but that extended to all of Tamriel. People complained so they unlocked all alliance walls pvp and pve. And participation has declined since(also attributable to the games age, not just that). Once they dropped 1Tamriel eliminating the pve barriers, pvp should have gone back to 1 alliances per campaign for the account.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @rfennell_ESO they actually had faction locked accounts at release but that extended to all of Tamriel. People complained so they unlocked all alliance walls pvp and pve. And participation has declined since(also attributable to the games age, not just that). Once they dropped 1Tamriel eliminating the pve barriers, pvp should have gone back to 1 alliances per campaign for the account.

I don't recall that being so... you were limited by the any faction any race limiter in character creation, unless you had the imperial pack.

Even so, too late to do it now. But you can limit home campaigns to a faction...