The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance switchers/traitors

• pachycephalo
    pachycephalo
    ✭✭
    I'll never understand how people can lob this complaint around when all three factions pop lock on a regular basis-
    maybe spend more time educating the guys spamming light attacks off the inner lip when inner FD is down and flags are flipping than in zone chat/on the forums chasing ghosts
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They killed any semblance of faction loyalty when they killed The 3 Banners War lore with One Tamriel

Stormhaven is overrun with known AD and EP soldiers and races, Auridon is flooded with known DC and EP soldiers and races, Windhelm might as well be an elven capital in Skyrim as it’s overrun with elves and orcs.

What are the 3 Factions even fighting for anymore..known soldiers ofsn opposing alliance would be killed on sight...Emeric, Joruun, and Ayrenn display their hatred for the other Alliances plain as day yet they roam their cities without a care in the world

Caldwell Silver and Gold made sense because Merida puts you in a”what if scenario” that’s more like an illusion to show you what would happen if your on the other side..One Tamriel three all that in the trash and pretty much killed every reason the factions were fighting for in the first place

Story wise Cyrodiil has no meaning..the cause the factions were fighting for had been cut off at the knees, and AD crowing Argonians and Bretons, EP Crowning Orcs and Khajiit, and DC crowning Altmer and Dunmer goes against all the games in game books and lore about the factions. The story and the 3 Banners war is pretty much dead by lore all to make a better pve game...that’s why pvp is ignored for the most part

This isn't about "lore", seriously? I mean, I like the lore and so on but this is about PVP. It could be "SAS vs Navy Seals vs Spetsnaz", or "Aesir vs Jotnar vs Vanir" or whatever. It's the gameplay that's ruined by the current system, not "lore".
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recorded on ps4 vivec this is just another reason why we need faction lock or something https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma3Xr7MJfrA
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    alliances are only in human minds
  • GrimJaw
    GrimJaw
    ✭✭✭
    @Joy_Division I was told Unruh dropped all those camps. Who, as you know, is most certainly not loyal. But either way, if he didn't do it, I would have. Why? Because you have this guy who runs raids to take resources for ticks for like two weeks. Not even before eval, mind you. ppl have seen him get fed. A group of people who can't even troll oils to 20/20 when we pushed Frozn emp. He and several KUSH people talking in zone about Frozns mom (and they know she just died) calling her a dead wh0re and all kinds of stuff. I could go on...
    Edited by GrimJaw on November 4, 2017 10:38AM
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ill say it every single time the topic is brought up: faction 'loyalty' (in a video game lmao), just like nationalism irl, are mental crutches for irrelevant people to have some semblance of meaning and value in their life. Since they have no personal achievements or value to be proud of, they outsource that sense of self-worth to the collective. Wether that be screaming "make america great again" or "DC/EP/AD Rulez"....its the same underlying psycho-social dynamics.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Ill say it every single time the topic is brought up: faction 'loyalty' (in a video game lmao), just like nationalism irl, are mental crutches for irrelevant people to have some semblance of meaning and value in their life. Since they have no personal achievements or value to be proud of, they outsource that sense of self-worth to the collective. Wether that be screaming "make america great again" or "DC/EP/AD Rulez"....its the same underlying psycho-social dynamics.

And people without these values are why the world is so messed up.
    No sense of identity or self worth.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 4, 2017 2:01PM
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the SJW's/world citizens, we have duels and battlegrounds. Or crafting...
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Nah, they have plenty of identity and self worth. It's just not vested in a nationality or faction but rather organizations and groups that they have far more agency over.
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    For the SJW's/world citizens, we have duels and battlegrounds. Or crafting...

You also have faction-less guilds and players who farm pugs and faction loyalists from all factions, spawning QQ threads like this one.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed
  • Jake1576
    Jake1576
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GrimJaw wrote: »
    @Joy_Division I was told Unruh dropped all those camps. Who, as you know, is most certainly not loyal. But either way, if he didn't do it, I would have. Why? Because you have this guy who runs raids to take resources for ticks for like two weeks. Not even before eval, mind you. ppl have seen him get fed. A group of people who can't even troll oils to 20/20 when we pushed Frozn emp. He and several KUSH people talking in zone about Frozns mom (and they know she just died) calling her a dead wh0re and all kinds of stuff. I could go on...

Not to sure what you're talking about but I do know it sounds awful when people get so salty that they start bringing real world stuff into a video game it's time to shut off the game and walk away from it for awhile
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

An interesting point to makue for sure, but I'm not so certain it translates into roleplaying as easily. Yet it still might work better than comparing stealing from NPCs or killing enemy players to real world equivalents, considering NPCs aren't people (and the player is aware of it) and enemy players never truly die.

Regardless, you must have known this couldn't go over well without going off-topic. Not that I mind. :joy:
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ToRelax wrote: »
    An interesting point to makue for sure, but I'm not so certain it translates into roleplaying as easily. Yet it still might work better than comparing stealing from NPCs or killing enemy players to real world equivalents, considering NPCs aren't people (and the player is aware of it) and enemy players never truly die.

Regardless, you must have known this couldn't go over well without going off-topic. Not that I mind. :joy:

Of course it won’t be a 1:1 parallel but there is much similarity in motivation I suspect for these behaviors. The people who constantly screech about faction loyalty and ‘traitors’ are consistently the worst players I encounter in PvP. Likewise, the overbearing nationalists and make America great types are consistently the less successful people in my social networks.

Anecdotal and speculative for sure, but to me it makes sense. People who are successful of their own accord and feats don’t need to desperately cling on to their national or faction identity for validation.
    A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep the best players dog pile on one alliance and roll over anybody left in massive zergs.
    Wonder if those masses will drink the koolaide when asked.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to bump. I still believe my old Motto " I'm a Traitor to Most, Enemy to many and Hero to select few; all in the name for balance" ( for now I currently taking a break from balance)

However in honestly I'm more of a Traitor to AD (PC NA 2014 (AD), PS4 NA with one time PC transfer to console (AD) PS4 EU 2ND Scourge for 1+ yr (AD) Then off and on end of 2ND Scourge, Haderus and Vivec from AD to EP (due to my history with AD) hence why I'm more of a Traitor to AD instead of the other 2 alliances combined.
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've spent hundreds on this game, tell me why I shouldn't be able to play with my friends because they arbitrarily picked a different alliance to start in?
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    I've spent hundreds on this game, tell me why I shouldn't be able to play with my friends because they arbitrarily picked a different alliance to start in?

You should be able to play with your friends, just not switch out of the alliance you are playing with them on till the end of the campaign.
    Edited by TequilaFire on November 5, 2017 9:03PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meh.
    Edited by zyk on November 6, 2017 12:02PM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One alliance/campaign....how difficult can it be??
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Anybody that PvPs on more than 3 max level characters would run out of campaigns to home on. Then what?

Except YOU ASKED FOR IT! PVPers are the ones who asked and whined and BEGGED for other campaigns to be shut down.

Ta Daaa!
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Anybody that PvPs on more than 3 max level characters would run out of campaigns to home on. Then what?

Why would that be so? I use to have have like 3 characters in Vivec, all EP. You should be able to have innumerable characters in PVP at once, not just spread across different alliances in the same campaign.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    1) You can't be a faction traitor if you play on all factions.

2) We have done a variety of locked camp nonsense, no one liked it, including the majority of the 'loyalists'. ZoS gave up due to the contrary whinging, and justly so.

3) Why blame players for their playing choices to get the best possible personal playing experience for them to play on? Sounds like a system problem to make the experience better. cite whinging

4) If certain players/guilds didn't swap to whatever when they did, the alliance war would have been over years ago. Over. Fin.

5) Lets constructively get the game to be as enjoyable as possible before we jump to how we can obstruct it.

6) Hamburgers.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »

2) We have done a variety of locked camp nonsense, no one liked it, including the majority of the 'loyalists'. ZoS gave up due to the contrary whinging, and justly so.

3) Why blame players for their playing choices to get the best possible personal playing experience for them to play on? Sounds like a system problem to make the experience better. cite whinging

4) If certain players/guilds didn't swap to whatever when they did, the alliance war would have been over years ago. Over. Fin.

5) Lets constructively get the game to be as enjoyable as possible before we jump to how we can obstruct it.

6) Hamburgers.

7) Everybody on the same alliance makes for great PvP #NOT
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6) Hamburgers.

So, after you read how I perceive (and many others) the problem, you still think it's a really good idea - just because you want to be able of jumping around alliances in every campaign? I mean, it doesn't just ruin the game, it creates actual real life conflicts; it's an ability to cheat, it creates a really bad attitude in area chat (usual AD/DC guys go into EP chat and spam crap, and the other way around I'm sure). I mean, I was targeted for racist slurs for half an hour and so on just a couple of days ago, however wrongly so as they had a weird idea I was non-white (it ended when another guy pointed out I am indeed Nordic and white). And all that for the sake of your "right to chose" different alliances whenever you like? I mean, are you by any chance a millennial?
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

6) Hamburgers.

So, after you read how I perceive (and many others) the problem, you still think it's a really good idea - just because you want to be able of jumping around alliances in every campaign? I mean, it doesn't just ruin the game, it creates actual real life conflicts; it's an ability to cheat, it creates a really bad attitude in area chat (usual AD/DC guys go into EP chat and spam crap, and the other way around I'm sure). I mean, I was targeted for racist slurs for half an hour and so on just a couple of days ago, however wrongly so as they had a weird idea I was non-white (it ended when another guy pointed out I am indeed Nordic and white). And all that for the sake of your "right to chose" different alliances whenever you like? I mean, are you by any chance a millennial?

There is a difference to having the ability to go to another faction, and then choosing what to do with your time there. Endorsing the ability to change isn't the same as endorsing with what said players would do there. The majority of players I know who like to hop, would hop from one, to then one, for one play session. If you are on one faction, you are there for a few hours till the fights die up, or other friends log on.

Players who choose to hoppity hop from one to another to call out siege, troll siege, troll camp, chat hate, in general negative behaviour, am I endorsing that? No. I have hopped between AD and EP the past few months to wonderful and creative banter in respective zone chats ( you'll get the tryhards ofc ) and the experience has always been great catching up with people, or complimenting them on memorable fights.

Racism? That is down to the braindead individuals who would rather spew out that crap than play the game. That has nothing to do with faction hopping or the game in general, the ignore and report features are there for a reason.

What I am endorsing, is choice. If a poplocked EP and DC are double teaming a 2 bar AD all the way to their gates, you bet your breeches I want to be on AD. But a few hours later, when AD have from BRK to Ash, and some of my EP friends log on, yup, I think I'll hop over there for a bit.

According to Wikipedia, Millennials are people born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Then indeed, I would be a Millennial. A better question yet, what exactly is the significance to any of your or my points as to what age I am?
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6) Hamburgers.

There is a difference to having the ability to go to another faction, and then choosing what to do with your time there. Endorsing the ability to change isn't the same as endorsing with what said players would do there. The majority of players I know who like to hop, would hop from one, to then one, for one play session. If you are on one faction, you are there for a few hours till the fights die up, or other friends log on.

Players who choose to hoppity hop from one to another to call out siege, troll siege, troll camp, chat hate, in general negative behaviour, am I endorsing that? No. I have hopped between AD and EP the past few months to wonderful and creative banter in respective zone chats ( you'll get the tryhards ofc ) and the experience has always been great catching up with people, or complimenting them on memorable fights.

Racism? That is down to the braindead individuals who would rather spew out that crap than play the game. That has nothing to do with faction hopping or the game in general, the ignore and report features are there for a reason.

What I am endorsing, is choice. If a poplocked EP and DC are double teaming a 2 bar AD all the way to their gates, you bet your breeches I want to be on AD. But a few hours later, when AD have from BRK to Ash, and some of my EP friends log on, yup, I think I'll hop over there for a bit.

According to Wikipedia, Millennials are people born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Then indeed, I would be a Millennial. A better question yet, what exactly is the significance to any of your or my points as to what age I am?

It doesn't matter what you endorse or do, it's the end result that's interesting. I don't do any of that either - yet I can of course do so. I'm not a loser, nor do I give up easily, and I don't play dirty. It's not in my nature. However it is, for a large number of people. That's why we have laws, and that's why we have law enforcement in real life.
    There is, or at least was, such a thing as freedom. But the more people misuse their freedom, the less freedom we get. Laws are made, because of obvious violations to the freedom we are granted. This is such a case. I wouldn't care **** if you could do this, and people didn't obviously cause loads of problems and even harass people - but now they do, and people who don't put up with rude or cheating people are leaving. That's a far greater loss than if some crybabies leave because they can't pick any alliance they want from one day to another.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

6) Hamburgers.

It doesn't matter what you endorse or do, it's the end result that's interesting. I don't do any of that either - yet I can of course do so. I'm not a loser, nor do I give up easily, and I don't play dirty. It's not in my nature. However it is, for a large number of people. That's why we have laws, and that's why we have law enforcement in real life.
    There is, or at least was, such a thing as freedom. But the more people misuse their freedom, the less freedom we get. Laws are made, because of obvious violations to the freedom we are granted. This is such a case. I wouldn't care **** if you could do this, and people didn't obviously cause loads of problems and even harass people - but now they do, and people who don't put up with rude or cheating people are leaving. That's a far greater loss than if some crybabies leave because they can't pick any alliance they want from one day to another.

Rude people can be ignored, and cheating people can be reported. You are using a minority player-bases behaviour as justification to prevent an open platform in which some players can choose how they want to spend their play session.

Lock people to one alliance per campaign, we've been there. Bad behaviour and poor sportsmanship is still going to happen.
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    Addons
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    holy cow @Ghostbane ...you're like the dalai lama of video gaming...
    quote-the-voice-of-reason-is-more-to-be-regarded-than-the-bent-of-any-present-inclination-since-joseph-addison-362385.jpg

unfortunately though:
    quote-the-voice-of-reason-is-inaudible-to-irrational-people-mardy-grothe-138-37-65.jpg

definition of irrational: someone whom thinks differently than myself :p
    Edited by geonsocal on November 6, 2017 6:55PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Defend the cheese, defend the ball ultimate groups, defend perma blocking broken builds, defend the players all on one alliance.
    Then sit and wonder why all the guilds and good players have left as you play with yourself.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

6) Hamburgers.

Rude people can be ignored, and cheating people can be reported. You are using a minority player-bases behaviour as justification to prevent an open platform in which some players can choose how they want to spend their play session.

Lock people to one alliance per campaign, we've been there. Bad behaviour and poor sportsmanship is still going to happen.

That's all stupid. "Can be ignored". Should that be a necessity in a game? Furthermore, ZOS doesn't care a tiny little bit about cheaters, nor about people being overtly racist and what not (and I don't mean like nowadays "That's racist", but that they actually mean to to be as as obnoxious as possible). All this could easily be avoided, going back to one alliance in every campaign. But no, you really enjoy jumping around between different alliances from one hour to another; because your friends went online - or because "the action is somewhere else". You know, that's really self centered. And I highly doubt that this is the original idea behind a AvAvA 30 day campaign. I really do.,