The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Alliance switchers/traitors

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gist wrote: »
    please make it so that when you join more then 1 alliance you get a black tag next to your name so we can see.

and also, please make them killable by all alliances.

Edited by Gilvoth on December 5, 2018 4:23AM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people playing multiple factions aren’t doing it for in-game rewards or to mess up the campaign. It’s mostly small scalers who want to have fun 2-4 man fights and have friends across multiple factions.

The people swapping around aren’t impacting the AvAvA aspect of the game because they’re generally doing stuff like farming resources and camping reinforment routes.

There isn’t some phantom horde of faction swappers taking the map and then retaking the map as a different color.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on December 4, 2018 7:46PM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The people playing multiple factions aren’t doing it for in-game rewards or to mess up the campaign. It’s mostly small scalers who want to have fun 2-4 man fights and have friends across multiple factions.

The people swapping around aren’t impacting the AvAvA aspect of the game because they’re generally doing stuff like farming resources and camping reinforment routes.

There isn’t some phantom horde of faction swappers taking the map and then retaking the map as a different color.

I dunno about you, but I faction hop for the 5 repair kits and a couple of purple curse eater rings.
  • killimandrosb16_ESO
    killimandrosb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont agree. Those are the ones you see and communicate with. But theres a lot of pugs who hop faction when their alliance is doing ***. And who can blame them. Its not organized, its as simple as pressing "l" when entering cyrodiil, seeing your alliance is getting trashed, check next cyrodiil campaign, see your campaign is winning that one, and jump over to the winning campaign. The low pop alliances doesnt have many sub 810 players left, if there are some, they stay for a month or so, but the majority just goes to their factions winning campaign. The tower hamsters arent the reason campaigns are overrun by one faction, but theyre a part of the syndrom. Outside of the main factions zerg, theres tower hamsters running in their hamster wheel hoping some potatoes pass by. If there was a reason to win the campaign theyd be much more involved in it.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Anybody that PvPs on more than 3 max level characters would run out of campaigns to home on. Then what?

Except YOU ASKED FOR IT! PVPers are the ones who asked and whined and BEGGED for other campaigns to be shut down.

Ta Daaa!
    Mureel wrote: »
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Anybody that PvPs on more than 3 max level characters would run out of campaigns to home on. Then what?

Except YOU ASKED FOR IT! PVPers are the ones who asked and whined and BEGGED for other campaigns to be shut down.

Ta Daaa!

This is false. Other camps were shut down because ZOS numbers said it was not populated enough to maintain.
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    1) You can't be a faction traitor if you play on all factions.

2) We have done a variety of locked camp nonsense, no one liked it, including the majority of the 'loyalists'. ZoS gave up due to the contrary whinging, and justly so.

3) Why blame players for their playing choices to get the best possible personal playing experience for them to play on? Sounds like a system problem to make the experience better. cite whinging

4) If certain players/guilds didn't swap to whatever when they did, the alliance war would have been over years ago. Over. Fin.

5) Lets constructively get the game to be as enjoyable as possible before we jump to how we can obstruct it.

6) Hamburgers.

So, after you read how I perceive (and many others) the problem, you still think it's a really good idea - just because you want to be able of jumping around alliances in every campaign? I mean, it doesn't just ruin the game, it creates actual real life conflicts; it's an ability to cheat, it creates a really bad attitude in area chat (usual AD/DC guys go into EP chat and spam crap, and the other way around I'm sure). I mean, I was targeted for racist slurs for half an hour and so on just a couple of days ago, however wrongly so as they had a weird idea I was non-white (it ended when another guy pointed out I am indeed Nordic and white). And all that for the sake of your "right to chose" different alliances whenever you like? I mean, are you by any chance a millennial?

There is a difference to having the ability to go to another faction, and then choosing what to do with your time there. Endorsing the ability to change isn't the same as endorsing with what said players would do there. The majority of players I know who like to hop, would hop from one, to then one, for one play session. If you are on one faction, you are there for a few hours till the fights die up, or other friends log on.

Players who choose to hoppity hop from one to another to call out siege, troll siege, troll camp, chat hate, in general negative behaviour, am I endorsing that? No. I have hopped between AD and EP the past few months to wonderful and creative banter in respective zone chats ( you'll get the tryhards ofc ) and the experience has always been great catching up with people, or complimenting them on memorable fights.

Racism? That is down to the braindead individuals who would rather spew out that crap than play the game. That has nothing to do with faction hopping or the game in general, the ignore and report features are there for a reason.

What I am endorsing, is choice. If a poplocked EP and DC are double teaming a 2 bar AD all the way to their gates, you bet your breeches I want to be on AD. But a few hours later, when AD have from BRK to Ash, and some of my EP friends log on, yup, I think I'll hop over there for a bit.

According to Wikipedia, Millennials are people born from the early 1980s to the early 2000s. Then indeed, I would be a Millennial. A better question yet, what exactly is the significance to any of your or my points as to what age I am?

It doesn't matter what you endorse or do, it's the end result that's interesting. I don't do any of that either - yet I can of course do so. I'm not a loser, nor do I give up easily, and I don't play dirty. It's not in my nature. However it is, for a large number of people. That's why we have laws, and that's why we have law enforcement in real life.
    There is, or at least was, such a thing as freedom. But the more people misuse their freedom, the less freedom we get. Laws are made, because of obvious violations to the freedom we are granted. This is such a case. I wouldn't care **** if you could do this, and people didn't obviously cause loads of problems and even harass people - but now they do, and people who don't put up with rude or cheating people are leaving. That's a far greater loss than if some crybabies leave because they can't pick any alliance they want from one day to another.

People are leaving because the game performance in Cyro is crap. Not because of faction loyalty.

And lol at you’re weird comparison to real life and laws when talking about video games pvp
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's all stupid. "Can be ignored". Should that be a necessity in a game?

Its been a feature since launch, so..
    Furthermore, ZOS doesn't care a tiny little bit about cheaters, nor about people being overtly racist and what not (and I don't mean like nowadays "That's racist", but that they actually mean to to be as as obnoxious as possible).

I'm sure ZoS take all reports seriously on cheating and racism. I've seen and heard plenty of examples of temporary and permanent bans on accounts.
    All this could easily be avoided, going back to one alliance in every campaign. But no, you really enjoy jumping around between different alliances from one hour to another; because your friends went online - or because "the action is somewhere else". You know, that's really self centered. And I highly doubt that this is the original idea behind a AvAvA 30 day campaign. I really do.,

Eh, if you are not going to read my responses or even digest them, what is the point in a civil debate. By all means, bring back locked campaigns.

Then they have a slightly different definition of cheating, and a very high tolerance towards what's to be considered acceptable or not regarding expressing racist views. As simple as that.

Reading your replies does not equal immediately agreeing upon them. Let's agree to disagree. With the risk of making a strawman argument here, you are ready to live with abuse of freedom for the sake of freedom. In a game, I am not. Because I can't deal with the perpetrators myself, as I would in real life.

Could you please list examples of cheating you have personally witnessed?
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    Preventing people from playing the game they paid for, on the faction they want to, with the friends they have made? No. That's silly. This is not the NFL pro league, we are competing for imaginary points to earn virtual weapons with no practical value for fun. FUN. If i feel like playing my EP Magsorc one day and my DC Stamplar the next i see no reason why I shouldn't be allowed to. Restricting the freedom to play of the many to prevent "exploitation" by the few results in a lower quality of game for everyone. It's also a point of measuring the expectations of what a moderation team can be expected to do. they can't be every where. If players are doing something that you believe, and can prove violates the terms of use, it's up to you to report them. That said playing the game to ensure your faction wins I don't think explicitly violates that. While it's shady, as the saying goes: All's fair in love and war.

If people didn't shamelessly exploit the game, and ruin it FOR THOSE WHO PAID FOR IT TOO (and "play with their friends"), I'd agree. But there's all too many doing this already, and it isn't decreasing - it's INcreaasing, without doubt.

It's like this with everything in life. Drugs were not illegal, guns/weapons were not - before people started MISusing them in various ways. When a few can't handle freedom, everyone will suffer. That's the way it is.
    And as long as a few can't behave like civilized people, everyone else will suffer. Institute laws, and very few but people with bad intentions will suffer. You can play with your dear friends, just decide to join specific campaigns together. Not much more to it. Just because you want to play with your ****** friends, it's no excuse to force everyone else to endure a game filled with cheaters, literally ruining campaign after campaign with their ill deeds.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, but there's a phantom horde of people actively helping enemies (their friends) to get into keep, snatch scrolls, run alongside groups to inform enemies of their movements, turn "friendly" siege equipment 180 degrees during siege, point out people in sneak to enemies and what not.

The liberty to farm resources and camp reinforcement routes does not weigh heavy in comparison to the need to deal with that.
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    That's all stupid. "Can be ignored". Should that be a necessity in a game?

Its been a feature since launch, so..
    Furthermore, ZOS doesn't care a tiny little bit about cheaters, nor about people being overtly racist and what not (and I don't mean like nowadays "That's racist", but that they actually mean to to be as as obnoxious as possible).

I'm sure ZoS take all reports seriously on cheating and racism. I've seen and heard plenty of examples of temporary and permanent bans on accounts.
    All this could easily be avoided, going back to one alliance in every campaign. But no, you really enjoy jumping around between different alliances from one hour to another; because your friends went online - or because "the action is somewhere else". You know, that's really self centered. And I highly doubt that this is the original idea behind a AvAvA 30 day campaign. I really do.,

Eh, if you are not going to read my responses or even digest them, what is the point in a civil debate. By all means, bring back locked campaigns.

Then they have a slightly different definition of cheating, and a very high tolerance towards what's to be considered acceptable or not regarding expressing racist views. As simple as that.

Reading your replies does not equal immediately agreeing upon them. Let's agree to disagree. With the risk of making a strawman argument here, you are ready to live with abuse of freedom for the sake of freedom. In a game, I am not. Because I can't deal with the perpetrators myself, as I would in real life.

Could you please list examples of cheating you have personally witnessed?

I have already, several times:

- Chaining or otherwise getting enemies into keeps
    - Taking scrolls and running them towards enemies, or dropping them in water
    - Following groups and reporting strategic movement to enemies
    - Pointing out "allies" in sneak to enemies (friends)
    - Grabbing people's siege and turning them 180 degrees

These things are real. I could even drop some +10 names of the people doing it. They have been reported with video and picture evidence, but nothing whatsoever happens.
    But GODS forbid that you kill some trial boss or whatever in an inappropriate way, and you are banned for life... Monsters have feelings too you know...
  • Haashhtaag
    Haashhtaag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol allies in sneak, when I’m by myself or with another person and I’m getting chased by 15-20 people and I see a group in stealth(most commonly AD) I will run the people chasing me right to that group.
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This thread is over a year old, same old faces still whinging.

ZoS, lock everything up please. I want whingy unlock threads for 2019.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haashhtaag wrote: »
    Lol allies in sneak, when I’m by myself or with another person and I’m getting chased by 15-20 people and I see a group in stealth(most commonly AD) I will run the people chasing me right to that group.

My man lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual