Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Major graphics bug: strange ripple effect on the ground...

• keto3000
    keto3000
    ✭✭✭
    late model 2013 iMac having same issue with same graphics bug here. Only happened after Clockwork City update. Periodic. I also get a weird small square graphic tag that seems attached to my cursor. If I move my cursor off game window and onto my computer desktop, it will temporarily go away but soon returns. Very annoying!
    Mac user here too, logged in after patch and found weird animation patterns on the ground, I assume would have normally looked like rain drops splashing etc.
    Might be a issue related to Mac only. Probably. Fingers and toes crossed it gets sorted. Time to recover my gaming pc I'd 'lent' to my daughter some time ago.

Definitely appears to be connected to the animation of rain fall. The ground resembles a 1970's disco dance floor! Saturday night fever is live and kicking in Tamriel. Currently in Cyrodiil, was fine until it began to rain, inside a tower it's fine, looking out... the ground surface is as previously described. Horrible.
    “The point of power is always in the present moment.”

― Louise L. Hay
  • EulogyL
    EulogyL
    Soul Shriven
    Has there been any word on when this will be fixed? It gives me a headache between this and my neighbor putting in a pool (jackhammer goes all day), I can’t hardly play ESO.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bump.

Same problem.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same problem here as well.
  • Urantian
    Urantian
    Soul Shriven
    Has this been solved?

Is there any offical response to this issue?

• Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lets hope this gets fixed with todays patch.

Why no one at ZOS can be bothered to post a response to, or even just acknowledge, this major issue clearly affecting significant numbers of players is beyond me :(

This thread was posted and populated in advance of the bug-report thread and is it seriously too much trouble for ZOS to acknowledge and reassure their player base here ? c'mon.
    Edited by Rowjoh on November 13, 2017 11:06AM
  • SuomiPerkele94
    SuomiPerkele94
    Soul Shriven
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    Lets hope this gets fixed with todays patch.

Why no one at ZOS can be bothered to post a response to, or even just acknowledge, this major issue clearly affecting significant numbers of players is beyond me :(

This thread was posted and populated in advance of the bug-report thread and is it seriously too much trouble for ZOS to acknowledge and reassure their player base here ? c'mon.
    Probably because we are about less than 5% of the player base ._.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did this get fixed with today's patch? It's really disorienting to do basically anything outside when it's raining.
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Alpheu5 wrote: »
    Did this get fixed with today's patch? It's really disorienting to do basically anything outside when it's raining.

Reporting back post patch 13th November to say sadly the problem is still present. Patch didn't fix this ongoing issue.
    Disco Rain November continues.
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS even acknowledged the reports of this issue? Have they even made a statement to the effect of "We're aware of the issue, and we're working on it"? I'd be happy if they'd even do that much. It's the Complete Radio Silence on the issue that's so bothersome.
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS even acknowledged the reports of this issue? Have they even made a statement to the effect of "We're aware of the issue, and we're working on it"? I'd be happy if they'd even do that much. It's the Complete Radio Silence on the issue that's so bothersome.

Wait, this seriously has not been fixed yet?

Should we be writing direct e-mails for the bugs? Is not reporting them in this forum sufficient?
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ethernut60 wrote: »
    BlueRaven wrote: »

Wait, this seriously has not been fixed yet?

Should we be writing direct e-mails for the bugs? Is not reporting them in this forum sufficient?

I've reported via the in-game form and they have not so much as acknowledged my input other than the auto reply. I finally fixed it myself:

Either use Votan's Adaptive Settings use Votan's Advanced Settings. Under the section Graphics toggle Rain Wetness to Off.

- OR -

In the UserSettings.txt file - SET RAIN_WETNESS "0"

Look I get this fix. Basically it is "Turn the rain splashes off". I just don't understand why it isn't fixed yet. One of the things I love about this game is how good it looks.

I don't want to hobble the graphics as a work around to an obvious bug/glitch, I just want the bug fixed.
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    I'm glad there's a work around (in case it got very bad or strained my eyes... luckily it dosen't, it just looks goofy and obnoxious) but ZoS should still (and i'm sure will) actually patch this out, even if it's effecting a minority of their player base.
    Edited by Xoelarasizerer on November 13, 2017 7:43PM
  • nicotee
    nicotee
    ✭✭
    I am having this issue on my iMac as well. It's disorienting and bit nauseating - makes it very hard to play, and way less enjoyable.. I will try the Votan advanced settings addon. Thanks for the tip guys.
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone have an update on this - it appears to have dropped off of the radar.

@ZOS_GinaBruno has this been logged as an issue - can't see anything on it on the Dev Tracker?

Please fix..... it's blimmin' irritating.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any word on this yet?
  • Keoahi
    Keoahi
    ✭✭
    I am still getting the rainbow disco floor as of today...

6rrqic40drk0.png
  • CountEdmondDantes
    CountEdmondDantes
    ✭✭✭✭
    Add me and my daughter to the list.

She tried to play for a bit (it doesn't seem to affect gameplay) but had to quit after a bit because it made her nauseous.

• BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add me and my daughter to the list.

She tried to play for a bit (it doesn't seem to affect gameplay) but had to quit after a bit because it made her nauseous.

Yeah it actually was giving a serious eyestrain/headache as well. I downloaded the mod mentioned above and I turned off water effects.

But I really like the water effects, I love how this game looks! It annoys me that this problem has not been even acknowledged yet.
  • wcshuck_ESO
    wcshuck_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Deleting the ShaderCache.cooked file resolved the problem for me, as well.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Hey all, just letting you know we have a fix for this issue coming in next week's incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • kristokn
    kristokn
    Hey all, just letting you know we have a fix for this issue coming in next week's incremental patch.

Thanks Gina! I've seen this strobing effect on both my iMac and new MBook Pro, glad it's getting fixed!

-K
    Khristoph - DC Sorcerer
    Khristian - DC Templar Healer
    Meerahl - DC Nightblade
    Sargøn - DC Warden
  • Romilly
    Romilly
    ✭✭✭
    w00t!

W
  • ProfesseurFreder
    ProfesseurFreder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!!!
    "Nothing by which all human passion and hope and folly can be mirrored and then proved ever was just a game."
    -- William Faulkner.
  • Ostacia
    Ostacia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh thank heavens! I googled "ESO rain has gone all rainbow" and it brought me to this thread. I was SO afraid my video card was dying or something!
    PC/ NA
    Imagination is the real and eternal world of which this vegetable universe is but a faint shadow. -- William Blake
  • Tiedän
    Tiedän
    ✭✭✭
    Good news...I logged in today and noticed this for the first time, I was also terrified that my GPU was going to crap the bed.
    "Battle-Born is a name out of legend, sung in the songs of old and heard in deeds of valor for a hundred generations. 'For Clan Battle-Born!' they cry in the mead halls. 'First into the fray and last to quit their ale!'" - Olfrid Battle-Born
    PC/Mac - NA
    Thian Battle-Born - Nord Stamina DK DPS
    Alynu Dreth - Dunmer Magicka Sorcerer DPS
    Reeh-Jah Nisar - Argonian Stamina Nightblade DPS
    Eraldil Riverrun - Bosmer Stamina Warden DPS
    Tsavani Khanai - Khajit Magicka Templar DPS
    Laila The Huntress - Nord Stamina DK Tank