The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Major graphics bug: strange ripple effect on the ground...

Rowjoh
Rowjoh
✭✭✭✭✭
logged in after the recent patch and now have this graphics bug - a bright multicoloured moving ripple effect across the ground :/ - it's related to the rain effect only.

(Mac/EU)

• pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Think it might be the rain
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't know about this, but I do know that sometimes when you wayshrine to an area, the ground texture disappears and suddenly looks like mud. I've noticed this happening frequently at the Windy Glade (Vulkhel Guard dolemen) when I was farming dolemens.
    CP: 1950 ** ESO+ Gold Road ** ~~ Magicka Warden ~~ Stamina Arcanist ~~ Magicka Sorcerer ~~ Magicka Templar ~~ ***** Strictly a solo PvE quester *****
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's the incoming nerfs :lol:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • gary.mcleodeb17_ESO
    Mac user here too, logged in after patch and found weird animation patterns on the ground, I assume would have normally looked like rain drops splashing etc.
    Might be a issue related to Mac only. Probably. Fingers and toes crossed it gets sorted. Time to recover my gaming pc I'd 'lent' to my daughter some time ago.

Definitely appears to be connected to the animation of rain fall. The ground resembles a 1970's disco dance floor! Saturday night fever is live and kicking in Tamriel. Currently in Cyrodiil, was fine until it began to rain, inside a tower it's fine, looking out... the ground surface is as previously described. Horrible.
    Edited by gary.mcleodeb17_ESO on November 6, 2017 3:27PM
    Chilli Chillama of Chillrend.

Language is the source of misunderstandings.
    'The Little Prince'
    Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

“Say to yourself first thing in the morning: I shall meet with people who are meddling, ungrateful, violent, treacherous, envious, and unsociable. They are subject to these faults because of their ignorance of what is good and bad.” Marcus Aurelius.

The grabbing hands
    Grab all they can
    All for themselves after all
    It's a competitive world
    Everything counts in large amounts

Depeche Mode
  • Huyen
    Huyen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    logged in after todays patch and I'm getting a nasty graphical error - a bright multicoloured moving ripple effect across the ground :/ - might be related to just the rain weather effect as it discontinues in covered areas/dungeons. Waiting to see what happens on the next weather cycle..

(Mac/EU)

I have color-changing when switching screens to check on my browser for example. Its like a second of rainbow colors on my screen somehow...
    Huyen Shadowpaw, dedicated nightblade tank - PS4 (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, nightblade dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Lightpaw, templar healer - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, necromancer dps - PC EU (Retired)
    Huyen Swiftpaw, dragonknight (no defined role yet)

"Failure is only the opportunity to begin again. Only this time, more wisely" - Uncle Iroh
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I have it too...and am also on a Mac
  • Xoelarasizerer
    Xoelarasizerer
    ✭✭✭
    Mac EU user (10.11.6 with AMD Radeon R9 M380 2048MB) reporting in for strange rainbow disco ripples on all the ground textures (and some water textures) as soon as it started raining in game at Wayrest, immediately after November 6th maintenance and update (never seen this before in the years i've played.)

The weird effect above stopped once it was done raining in Wayrest and starts up again when it starts to rain again.
    Now i'm not saying it's the rainfall, but it's totally something to do with the rainfall after this maintenance update.

Edited by Xoelarasizerer on November 6, 2017 3:14PM
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are getting worse when it is raining. Its very hard to play the game with these ripples..
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    I actually cant do anything else than gathering mats now :-(
  • Respect4Elders
    Respect4Elders
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lay off the skooma there buddy
  • Rowjoh
    Rowjoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm that the graphical error occurs only when there's rain effect. Seems only Mac users are affected.

Would be great if ZOS devs or admin could acknowledge/confirm this issue :)

• altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rowjoh wrote: »
    logged in after todays patch and I'm getting a nasty graphical error - a bright multicoloured moving ripple effect across the ground :/ - might be related to just the rain weather effect as it discontinues in covered areas/dungeons. Waiting to see what happens on the next weather cycle..

(Mac/EU)

maybe a photo or video would be helpful to post too ;)
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi! I am on a Mac as well. I am getting very strange "disco" type moving lines.

38221680021_133becb8f2_b.jpg

26445357949_77bb6fffcf_b.jpg

38221685111_7a1552c573_b.jpg

It is hard to convey, but the lines are cycling along from one edge to the opposite.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I took a few more shots.

37511043644_e8309a90be_b.jpg

26445483059_4fe5c0dc19_b.jpg

26445481479_5090357bd9_b.jpg

I should add that this is only happening since the patch.
    Edited by BlueRaven on November 6, 2017 8:16PM
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had it too.

Ran a quick repair and all fine now.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure about the MAC but on the PC things like that are often solved by deleting the cooked shader cache file before starting ESO.

I do this after every major patch, just to be sure ...
    shades.gif
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agegarton wrote: »
    I had it too.

Ok I will give this a try. Thanks!

• danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Not sure about the MAC but on the PC things like that are often solved by deleting the cooked shader cache file before starting ESO.

I do this after every major patch, just to be sure ...
    shades.gif

This is good advice actually.

Also fixes the black screen after launching the game. You can log in and even play the game, but the screen is completely black!
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    agegarton wrote: »
    I had it too.

Ok I will give this a try. Thanks!

I am afraid this did not work. :-(

• Onefrkncrzypope
    Onefrkncrzypope
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When y'all are done can you pass the bug to PS4 cause I want so much
    -Immortal Redeemer-
    -Extinguisher of Flames-
    -Gryphon Heart-
    -Potato-

If I edited a post, it was for spelling. It is always because of spelling....
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also having this same issue. PC NA, MacBook Pro 2017, Radeon 560, OS X 10.12.6

Screen%20Shot%202017-11-07%20at%2011.09.11%20AM.png
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @SirAndy any idea how to do this on a mac?
  • Lady_Scorp72
    Lady_Scorp72
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just had the same issue on my iMac Nvidia GeForce 750M (OS X 10.12.6) and MacBook Retina Nvidia GeForce 650M (OS X 10.13.1), but doing a repair through the launcher seems to have fixed it.
    Bosmer Warden, backstabbing Thief and Mischief Maker

“You’re as stealthy as a Mammoth on tip-toes.”
    — NPC, The Rift
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't worry, these ripple effects are just small little tremors that announce my arrival...i appologise my power level of 9000 starts to affecting gravity
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I get this too. Seems to be an issue when it is raining or snowing in the game. Annoying because it follows your character.

Edit: And it doesn't happen on any ground where the rain or snow doesn't hit.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on November 7, 2017 5:03AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get this too. Seems to be an issue when it is raining or snowing in the game. Annoying because it follows your character.

Im getting it at all times no rain/snow effects required. Just seems to be related to "sun" light. Repair did not help me.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »

Im getting it at all times no rain/snow effects required. Just seems to be related to "sun" light. Repair did not help me.

Hhhmmmm, maybe shadows might be affected as well. For me only happens with rain and snow. Rain is the ripples and waves of rainbow lol. Snow shows up as Christmas lights blinking.
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Theres also a thread on this in bug reports so it'd probably be a good idea for people to go there and add screen shots+OS version+graphics cards etc.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/379472/shimmery-visual-effect-bug-on-the-ground#latest
    Vapirko wrote: »

Hhhmmmm, maybe shadows might be affected as well. For me only happens with rain and snow. Rain is the ripples and waves of rainbow lol. Snow shows up as Christmas lights blinking.

I get no cheer from it whatsoever. Although maybe its ZOS idea of a Christmas joke?
    Edited by Vapirko on November 7, 2017 5:06AM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paaaaartay!

disco-dancing-animated-gif-5.gif

At least it's not game breaking. Live it up till it gets patched!
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Paaaaartay!

disco-dancing-animated-gif-5.gif

At least it's not game breaking. Live it up till it gets patched!

https://youtu.be/Zm1j1-ozSPo