The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Alliance switchers/traitors

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this aspect of the game is probably the closest I can come to some type of "role playing" immersion type thing...

4 DC, 3 EP, 3 AD...i can clearly see the map from the perspective of each faction...

I'll tell ya, if there was just one thing I could change about cyrodiil (other than not making me have to ride through it just to get to IC) - gating - I hate it, suckiest aspect (that and a slow mount) in all of tamriel...

after extended periods of time - it can get demoralizing...irony is - you can earn really great AP from those situations...

my first Aldmeri Dominion pvp participant was a mag sorc, relegated to Thornblade I believe...

constantly gated - however, soon out ranked two earlier characters from DC and EP who were on more faction favorable maps...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, for a long time when I read about faction locks on maps - i remembered standing on top of the wall at the eastern elseweyr gate shooting down on a bunch of enemies, just waiting for somebody to jump...

every once in a blue moon actually taking bloodmayne...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raudgrani wrote: »
    I understand that there are people switching between alliances without malicious intentions (i.e cooperating with their buddies of other alliances). But quite a few use this possibility in the wrong way. Like the guys I mentioned earlier, just passively following EP's around doing nothing. I had respected them a lot more, if they actually played the game and did something to help their current color out. But they don't. That's the definition of a parasite to me, and of loser at that.

Some do help though, for good or ill. Those we might call turncoats, or as I say: Switch [snip]. I mean, today or yesterday (who remembers) I was swarmed and worn down quickly by like 6 DC guys; suddenly and out of nowhere - one of these DC arch enemies of mine (now on a red) that I have lost against so many times, jumps in and whacks them all, teabags me and then resurrects me. I had to give him a "laugh emote" and then we carry on towards Bleakers, together. I respect that way more, even if I think it's basically so wrong. The guy wants a chance to do other than getting "zerged down" , so he switches to the leading one - and actually does the best he can. FIne. But it's really, really not good for game balance, but he plays the game like it's meant to be played.

I can't see how it's good for any "game balance" either, if people can just switch alliance like he did. Here in my example, the DC lost a really strong player, making the currently strongest alliance even stronger.

@Joy_Division obviously have very strong feelings for this. But I fail to see why he feels so strongly for hopping between alliances, like it's essential for the game experience? Why? He also miserably fails to understand me, when he seems to think I encourage bullying - while I in reality actually suggest this solution, to counter bullying and harassment.
    In addition to that, no I don't believe in mankind. I am a misanthrope. If there's an easy way out, and if there's a possibility to cheat/gain favors, far to many will take advantage of that. It's just the way people are.
    He gives examples of complicated intrigues that I don't even fully understand, and this really just proves my point. People are cheaters. So, we should limit the possibilities to do it. "Competing warlords" etc. etc. within the same alliance is one thing, it's even a historical thing you know. But traitors that you can't even hurt, that's not historical or realistic in any way.

Also, he calls me a "fanatic". Yes, I might be. But it's just a game, remember? I can sort of see through all that.
    To see that "grand swine" on the field of battle, you forget about everyone else and just charge them no matter the consequences, your own death is well worth just taking him/her down. I LOVE those guys! Those are what makes me come back for more. Killing randoms I've never seen before, it's just AP to me. The real arch enemies, if they leave the game is boring.
    If you think you don't agree, really think of it. "Yeah the map is all red now, and Imperial City is all red... Now what...". Boring. If xx, xx and xx was gone tomorrow (usually the top players of course), and we had no one to accuse of using cheat engine over our group chat (because they are probably just a lot better than us!), and no one to suspect of working together with the third alliance - there wouldn't even be a reason to go to Cyrodiil, other than to get skyshards, lorebooks and general PVE related content/achievements. If you are competitive, you know what I speak of.

So no, I am no "fanatic" who can't tell fiction from reality, or who hate people over a video game. As I said, I love them (for their part in the game).

I've told you what I dislike about the faction swapping possibility. Now I'd really like to hear what's so GREAT about it? What would ruin the whole game, if you could only participate within one alliance for every campaign over 30 days? Is the typical age of players too low for me to understand? Too used to getting what you want for free? I was raised to struggle for everything, I didn't expect any easy ways out - there were none. Your usual choice of alliance doesn't have a single keep today? Tough luck, go reclaim them, come back another day - or do something else and hope for better luck in the next campaign.

wow, that was quite a story...i actually read most of some of the thing - i feel like I sort of kind of know you now...

not bad for a second thread...remember though, ya gotta save some for that 30th thread too...

don't throw all your bait in the water at once :p
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 6:31PM
    Options
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look back through the PvP threads the guilds that swapped Alliances did so because they wanted to try and create some balance in campaigns. As Joy said there are a lot of people that don't want to take part in conduct that will ultimately kill campaigns (gating an under pop faction). Are there trolls and is there in fighting in factions? Yes but faction lock won't change that.

Until all the campaigns are busy people will always want to flock to the busy campaign and play with their friends. I PvP'd on AD in BwB to unlock skills on a stam character. Otherwise I only PvP on DC characters. So while I am loyal I have no problems with others faction swapping to play with friends or trying to balance factions.

The real problem for me is that if one faction gets ahead the fair weather friends will stack into the winning Alliance for rewards and to zerg. That problem is better addressed by devs making defence and offence stronger on keeps by under pop and weaker for over pop factions. If players won't balance the system/game needs to.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
    Options
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Vilestride wrote: »
    Faction loyalty should be encouraged and incentivised but cannot be forced. Balance will always take precident. To many, faction loyalty would mean taking pride in seeing their faction push the others back to their gates all night while they dominate the score board. This is exponentially worse for the health of the game than a few 'traitors' here and there.

Right now faction loyalty is only incentivized through the 3.3K gold reward for campaign loyalty and getting at least some play in every month in the same campaign with the same character.

It's pretty paltry and none of the campaign reward gold rewards have kept pace with the rate of inflation in game.

A little under 30K gold per month? Really? That's pocket change at this point in the game. There are plenty of players who have millions upon millions of gold now.

And the garbage that comes in RFTW hasn't been worth selling for more than pennies in a long time. I break most of it down because the mats are more valuable.

Yeah I feel you. And that's what I am getting at. The reward system would definitely have to change for this incentive to be worthwhile.

Also everything Joy said is pretty much on point.

Another thing to point out is that the player base is so small it's naturally become incestuous by very necessity.

In the past two months I've grouped with former VE members, former Decibel members, both Drac and Invictus members, ZDM and Just Chill (which define cross faction), and so on and so forth.

Because they're decent folk, happen to be playing red at the time, and life is too short to hate people in a video game (with a few very notable exceptions).

Remember, this is coming from Agrippa, faction loyalist extraordinaire.

(And, frankly, placing those tents to screw with the Sorc of Doom's emperorship was hilarious. I've also seen cross faction guys trying to screw with Frozn by dropping tons of oils at a keep he was trying to siege to get emp... it goes both ways).

Where shall you command us to go next, Father Agrippa?
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    I understand that there are people switching between alliances without malicious intentions (i.e cooperating with their buddies of other alliances). But quite a few use this possibility in the wrong way. Like the guys I mentioned earlier, just passively following EP's around doing nothing. I had respected them a lot more, if they actually played the game and did something to help their current color out. But they don't. That's the definition of a parasite to me, and of loser at that.

Some do help though, for good or ill. Those we might call turncoats, or as I say: Switch [snip]. I mean, today or yesterday (who remembers) I was swarmed and worn down quickly by like 6 DC guys; suddenly and out of nowhere - one of these DC arch enemies of mine (now on a red) that I have lost against so many times, jumps in and whacks them all, teabags me and then resurrects me. I had to give him a "laugh emote" and then we carry on towards Bleakers, together. I respect that way more, even if I think it's basically so wrong. The guy wants a chance to do other than getting "zerged down" , so he switches to the leading one - and actually does the best he can. FIne. But it's really, really not good for game balance, but he plays the game like it's meant to be played.

I can't see how it's good for any "game balance" either, if people can just switch alliance like he did. Here in my example, the DC lost a really strong player, making the currently strongest alliance even stronger.

@Joy_Division obviously have very strong feelings for this. But I fail to see why he feels so strongly for hopping between alliances, like it's essential for the game experience? Why? He also miserably fails to understand me, when he seems to think I encourage bullying - while I in reality actually suggest this solution, to counter bullying and harassment.
    In addition to that, no I don't believe in mankind. I am a misanthrope. If there's an easy way out, and if there's a possibility to cheat/gain favors, far to many will take advantage of that. It's just the way people are.
    He gives examples of complicated intrigues that I don't even fully understand, and this really just proves my point. People are cheaters. So, we should limit the possibilities to do it. "Competing warlords" etc. etc. within the same alliance is one thing, it's even a historical thing you know. But traitors that you can't even hurt, that's not historical or realistic in any way.

Also, he calls me a "fanatic". Yes, I might be. But it's just a game, remember? I can sort of see through all that.
    To see that "grand swine" on the field of battle, you forget about everyone else and just charge them no matter the consequences, your own death is well worth just taking him/her down. I LOVE those guys! Those are what makes me come back for more. Killing randoms I've never seen before, it's just AP to me. The real arch enemies, if they leave the game is boring.
    If you think you don't agree, really think of it. "Yeah the map is all red now, and Imperial City is all red... Now what...". Boring. If xx, xx and xx was gone tomorrow (usually the top players of course), and we had no one to accuse of using cheat engine over our group chat (because they are probably just a lot better than us!), and no one to suspect of working together with the third alliance - there wouldn't even be a reason to go to Cyrodiil, other than to get skyshards, lorebooks and general PVE related content/achievements. If you are competitive, you know what I speak of.

So no, I am no "fanatic" who can't tell fiction from reality, or who hate people over a video game. As I said, I love them (for their part in the game).

I've told you what I dislike about the faction swapping possibility. Now I'd really like to hear what's so GREAT about it? What would ruin the whole game, if you could only participate within one alliance for every campaign over 30 days? Is the typical age of players too low for me to understand? Too used to getting what you want for free? I was raised to struggle for everything, I didn't expect any easy ways out - there were none. Your usual choice of alliance doesn't have a single keep today? Tough luck, go reclaim them, come back another day - or do something else and hope for better luck in the next campaign.

wow, that was quite a story...i actually read most of some of the thing - i feel like I sort of kind of know you now...

not bad for a second thread...remember though, ya gotta save some for that 30th thread too...

don't throw all your bait in the water at once :p

Oh, I'm just a man of few words. LOL
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on February 6, 2018 6:32PM
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look back through the PvP threads the guilds that swapped Alliances did so because they wanted to try and create some balance in campaigns. As Joy said there are a lot of people that don't want to take part in conduct that will ultimately kill campaigns (gating an under pop faction). Are there trolls and is there in fighting in factions? Yes but faction lock won't change that.

Until all the campaigns are busy people will always want to flock to the busy campaign and play with their friends. I PvP'd on AD in BwB to unlock skills on a stam character. Otherwise I only PvP on DC characters. So while I am loyal I have no problems with others faction swapping to play with friends or trying to balance factions.

The real problem for me is that if one faction gets ahead the fair weather friends will stack into the winning Alliance for rewards and to zerg. That problem is better addressed by devs making defence and offence stronger on keeps by under pop and weaker for over pop factions. If players won't balance the system/game needs to.

Only problem is, as I said: I don't believe in "good of people". A noble thought, that some idealistic minds would try and out effort in balancing the campaign by switching characters, while in reality we see the opposite. And that is what's "killing the campaign" at least today. Unfortunately.
    Options
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fully agree with the OP, lock the account to a alliance per campaign.

It's been asked for before, and argued before, and people defend against it passionately however I don't agree with their viewpoint point. For me the odd cheater is enough to warrant making this change.

The other arguement on how people like to pick the losing side etc are just too vague for me. As I rarely see that happen but do see cheats. Sure all my Toons are Pact and id never roll a AD or DC ever so its simple for me. Each to their own.

It's not the number 1 problem in Cyro, but its annoying and it effects population as I've known many newer players get put off with it and not want to come.back as 'whats the point' with all the various forms of cheating.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´m 31 years old - definetly not in the younger age bracket of esos playerbase.
    I have chars i like to play on 3 factions. There is only 1 campaign that´s interests me. Simple as that.

On top of that i like to have the option to hop on the weak faction and fight the dominant one whichever that might be (ad cough).

Being stuck to one faction would make the game worse not better because it would only aggravate problems with having one dominant alliance - as you´d have to wait until campaign end every time for a possibly (but unlikely) change.

Your view on mmos seems to be quite archaic to be honest. In a modern mmo people should come online and be able to have fun - not be confronted with a situation where their only option is to log out for the next 28 days.
    Edited by Derra on October 31, 2017 7:57AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So in retrospect here is the issue for ZOS and for the Dracarys initiative to increase the public opinion on large group play. Apparently cross faction players want to play in small groups or 1vx based on social or which side is over-populated. Well guess what large group play requires you to commit to something bigger than yourself. Has ZOS destroyed large scale PVP with all the "easy access"? What i do see though is entire guild groups re-rolling to another faction for balance because the little guys that want to be social, troll, or simply can't handle losing because their e-peen is too big to suffer the losses or worse simply lack the constitution to play, no matter what, their faction is doing. We can all talk about campaign integrity, we can all offer the how it was or even the how it should be, but in the end, it's a game and players should be able to play the way they want. However, It is a game and ZOS has the responsibility and obligation to make the rules and create a level playing field for the consumers. Just my thoughts on why the game is still broken.
    Options
  • Altercator
    Altercator
    ✭✭✭
    Faction zealots.
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I have chars i like to play on 3 factions. There is only 1 campaign that´s interests me. Simple as that.

On top of that i like to have the option to hop on the weak faction and fight the dominant one whichever that might be (ad cough).

Being stuck to one faction would make the game worse not better because it would only aggravate problems with having one dominant alliance - as you´d have to wait until campaign end every time for a possibly (but unlikely) change.

Your view on mmos seems to be quite archaic to be honest. In a modern mmo people should come online and be able to have fun - not be confronted with a situation where their only option is to log out for the next 28 days.

I would agree with you, in all honesty. What you (and others) say makes perfect sense, but it doesn't work. You don't see people from a winning alliance suddenly switch to the complete underdog. They don't. They do the opposite. Just as I have given examples of.

And yeah, Vivec is the name of the game. But what if this change was implemented, wouldn't that bring life back to other campaigns? I don't know, but I guess it would.

Biggest problem however, is that the game doesn't work. Lag, crashes and disconnects are far bigger issues. I have seen a few really prominent EP players say they will probably quit the game, because of all this cheating and alliance switching - but I've seen or heard of far more who won't bother even trying to play anymore, before they fix these problems.

Last night, every death or keep jump resulted in like 5 minutes load screen on Xbox EU server. For a change, I actually RAN like a lunatic from the AD zerg, just to be able of pushing them back later - instead of dying and then respawning at the northern gate with all my friends 5 minutes later hahaha.... It ruins the game, of course.
    Options
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    I´ve never seen the problem with alliance swapping. It´s not like it´s ruining the overall PvP experience anyway.
    Personally I felt Cyrodiil was a better place when it was locked. Yes there was a work around for it, but at least you didn't get rewards on every character and every faction.

People chose a side and battled for it, the issue of population balance was the number of campaigns and people claiming one for each faction, not the being unable to switch sides/characters.

Update: I´m willing to retake my statement on what I wrote earlier. Rigging campaings and empswapping back and forth isn´t much fun......

Why the chance of mind you may ask?? Played as EP on Shor PC/EU yesterday. Saw that I wasn´t that far behind the leaderboards to actually gain emperor (was like 30k behind from the top so I thought it was within reach). EP had most of the emp-keeps already controlled, missed 2 or 3 I think. Suddenly I see that the ones on top of the EP leaderboard have swapped over to DC to prevent any kind of attempt from EP to get emp (AD was more or less absent during the time I played). Once DC controlled most of the map, I saw the same player have swapped back to EP again.......

So I admit that this is an issue and I was wrong about it not being a problem..... :pensive:
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    I´ve never seen the problem with alliance swapping. It´s not like it´s ruining the overall PvP experience anyway.
    Personally I felt Cyrodiil was a better place when it was locked. Yes there was a work around for it, but at least you didn't get rewards on every character and every faction.

People chose a side and battled for it, the issue of population balance was the number of campaigns and people claiming one for each faction, not the being unable to switch sides/characters.

Update: I´m willing to retake my statement on what I wrote earlier. Rigging campaings and empswapping back and forth isn´t much fun......

Why the chance of mind you may ask?? Played as EP on Shor PC/EU yesterday. Saw that I wasn´t that far behind the leaderboards to actually gain emperor (was like 30k behind from the top so I thought it was within reach). EP had most of the emp-keeps already controlled, missed 2 or 3 I think. Suddenly I see that the ones on top of the EP leaderboard have swapped over to DC to prevent any kind of attempt from EP to get emp (AD was more or less absent during the time I played). Once DC controlled most of the map, I saw the same player have swapped back to EP again.......

So I admit that this is an issue and I was wrong about it not being a problem..... :pensive:

Yes, that's what I mean. I went in with a bunch of PVE friends to Shor (to get skyshards!), basically as their "bodyguard". We ended up seeing this constellation of EP and AD sieging a keep. We took down a whole bunch of (really, I mean well below average) useless AD's sieging an EP keep. Suddenly an EP player starts saying "No attack yellow" in area chat, I kind of gave him a "oneline", and you might guess which one.
    Then they brought in this one really good yellow NB going after us, who was the only one offering us any kind of resistance really. We more or less bullied them off the map for an hour or two, killing them over and over again until they left.
    Edited by Raudgrani on October 31, 2017 1:09PM
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would agree with you, in all honesty. What you (and others) say makes perfect sense, but it doesn't work. You don't see people from a winning alliance suddenly switch to the complete underdog. They don't. They do the opposite. Just as I have given examples of.

And yeah, Vivec is the name of the game. But what if this change was implemented, wouldn't that bring life back to other campaigns? I don't know, but I guess it would.

Biggest problem however, is that the game doesn't work. Lag, crashes and disconnects are far bigger issues. I have seen a few really prominent EP players say they will probably quit the game, because of all this cheating and alliance switching - but I've seen or heard of far more who won't bother even trying to play anymore, before they fix these problems.

Last night, every death or keep jump resulted in like 5 minutes load screen on Xbox EU server. For a change, I actually RAN like a lunatic from the AD zerg, just to be able of pushing them back later - instead of dying and then respawning at the northern gate with all my friends 5 minutes later hahaha.... It ruins the game, of course.

You are wrong. I can list 10 guilds over the last 3 years that have switch factions for the sole sake of balance. At least on NA PC. The latest was DC guild TKG changed to AD. See the videos and so forth if you don't believe me. You can also check on other guilds such as VE, DIE, Queens Ram, and the list goes on.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand what you are saying. You're just making assumptions. You are providing no evidence and just blaming stuff on people who play the game differently than you think it ought to be played.

You said it yourself: "I am a misanthrope. If there's an easy way out, and if there's a possibility to cheat/gain favors, far to many will take advantage of that. It's just the way people are."

So in short, you are ignorant on this subject and yet you'll still fall back on your gut instincts to explain and blame thing you don't like.

You honestly think people and my friends like me have nothing better to do than to ride my horse to their group, then jump and shoot at where some random non name stealthed "ally" is? Can you take off the tinfoil hat please? I don't doubt it happened to you, but it happened to you because the person who did it doesn't like you. It was personal. And it would have happened even if alliance switching was permanently disabled..

You think that running scrolls to the enemy is collusion? Do you even have any clue how Alliance war scoring happens or the effect on AvAvA gameplay when one alliance has an enemy's scroll? No, you don't. Because you too busy interpreting such behavior as collusion and conspiracy. People who are actually dedicated to their alliance objective, and intelligent will purposely walk scrolls to the enemy because taking them draws aggro for both enemies. And some people just want to "farm" scrolls so they'll march it to an enemy just to get fights.

If EPs are following you around doing nothing and wasting their time, it is because of a personal issue, that has nothing to do with alliance switching. And being that you call people traitors, parasites, ***, and losers, I can see why some people will go out of their way to do that.

In short, you are interpreting negative experiences to you on something you hate (Alliance switching), when the causes are something else entirely (people not liking you, removing aggro from alliance, etc.)

If you don't understand why others and I would feel strongly about this issue, that's just proving how little you know about it and that have have zero clue or comprehension why we play multiple factions.

First off, let's get something straight: the emperor trading shenanigans that goes on happens because of low population servers. Period. Low population means manipulation is easy and Alliance War switching is not needed. This goes all the way back to Launch, when 99% of the player-base was single faction, just as you'd like, yet emperor trading was so rampant on 7 of the 10 servers ZoS originally had it lead them to close them down, institute other changes, and put into effect the very campaign locks you seek. And yet it still happened. Because it has nothing to do with alliance switching and everything to do with a low population that can be manipulated.

You and every other faction diehard are deluded that we'll follow the "easy" way and jump ship just when your alliance needs help. Give me the evidence. I talk with these players, I see what they write in guild chat, I hear what they have to say in Discord, I been with them for years. I know why they do what they do. You don't. You just look toward you own biases, people are misanthropes, people look for the "easy" way, and just makes assumptions and then slander us. Oh, that teabagger who rezzed you on the way to Beakers...how exactly is EP the "strongest" faction if Blue control Bleaks? Don't even bother telling me Red had keeps from Chalman to Glade because you'll just say that.

I hop alliances for the same reason I'll hop on a different team if I go to the YMCA to play basketball and we keep winning 11-3. Because it's supposed to be all about competition and it sucks to destroy fellow competitors such that they get so discouraged the very enjoyment they seek evaporates and they'll log off. But you don't quite see things that way, do you? No. To you, the glory of killing the "grand swine" on the field of battle is such that you forget about everyone else and just charge them no matter the consequences, your own death is well worth just taking him/her down.. And "Killing randoms I've never seen before, it's just AP to me.[/i].

They're just swine and AP. I guess you really are a misanthrope. Well, I'm not. The irony here is that you are blaming me for the ails of PvP when what I do for the game is more conducive to its health than you.

That's why I feel so strongly. Because you and every other person who have ZERO clue why people like me play on multiple factions do so, instead you slander us and lobby ZoS to institute a policy that already failed so utterly that they removed it, all based on ignorance.

And don't even try to downplay the bullying thing. What a joke. You wrote on these forums that is was maybe the rightful thing to do. I have played this game since launch on multiple factions and the vast majority of people I have come across with have been cool and cordial to me. Aside from two specific people are just jerks (both banned multiple time, one having told another player that they hoped their mother gets cancer), the only people who have been hostile are those such as yourself who believe that it was acceptable to bully me because I played on multiple faction. They don't know me and I've never done anything to them, no t-bagging, no whispers, no nothing, and yet they spew hatred, lies, along with various homophobic and misogynistic crap. Bullying is not acceptable and it is not ZoS's responsibility to completely change the way the game is played to prevent hateful people from doing it. The world does not change for bullies. No, it's the bullies who have to change or get punished for their miserable behavior.

Here's what would ruin the game about you one campaign proposal. Because the changes ZoS made with one Tamriel, ZoS has made it possible to group with players from other factions in the vast majority of gameplay. The only place you cant actively do this is PvP. Everywhere they have encouraged inter-faction gameplay. This was a clear reversal from Launch when factions were locked for PvE and even what happened in cyrodiil effect PvE trial raiding. All that is gone. And so many players have followed that signal and have characters that they care for on multiple factions.

Because I and many other players actually care about the characters we make, we want to be able to play them. It's pretty simple really. There is one single PvP campaign active. Your proposal would make it such that I'd have to go months without PvPing on a character we care about, characters we made because of the very changes Zos implemented in the main game.

And for what? We already know what happens with faction locks because they have already been in place. Emperor still gets traded. Jerks who don't like you will still reveal you're stealthed location. People who have friends on other alliances will still "spai" in Cyrodiil (much more so actually since you are aggravating them and preventing them from actually playing on an enemy alliance in the first place), and scrolls will still be carried to enemy borders rather than to your home keeps. All the crap will still happen and you will accomplish nothing but aggravating even more players now, as there are many more multi-faction players. We know this because we already tried it you way.

That is reason enough. But it's not just that. I and most other multi-faction players have zero desire to be stuck on a zerg-happy faction stacking mob that gate-camps the other alliances and renders the very competition we seek moot. Under your proposal, our only alternative is to log off the game entirely, so that means your proposal is a fail.

And spare me the whole "you kids these days" speech.
    Is the typical age of players too low for me to understand? Too used to getting what you want for free? I was raised to struggle for everything, I didn't expect any easy ways out - there were none. Your usual choice of alliance doesn't have a single keep today? Tough luck, go reclaim them, come back another day - or do something else and hope for better luck in the next campaign.

No. It's typical of an older generation too stuck in its ways to appreciate, let alone understand, the changing world around them. Your generation raised kids these days, so if they are used to getting what they want for free, that's not the fault of the kids, but of the parents. You claim you don't expect an easy way out, yet your asking for one here. Because it's too hard for bullies to stop harassing folks like me, rather than undergo honest self-reflection and endeavor to improve themselves, you want ZoS to stop alliance switching to reign in their miserable behavior. It's apparently too hard for you to handle players playing different characters, so you just attribute them as jerks, ***, and cheaters, so you want ZoS to end it.

And the very last sentence still demonstrates you know little about our motivations. I am in two guilds with mutli-faction players. We pretty much all play the same way: we seek the hard way, we log onto to the outnumbered faction, we want good fights. Stop lying about us.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the game was released we could not have characters from different alliances in the same campaign.

Zos saw the flaw that design had ans fixed. I don't think they'll break it again. Well, they'll find a different way to break it.
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this has actually been one of the most sane, rational threads we've had on this subject...

tumblr_nchofi5gol1s8kxvlo2_250.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on October 31, 2017 5:26PM
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I understand what you are saying. You're just making assumptions. You are providing no evidence and just blaming stuff on people who play the game differently than you think it ought to be played.

You said it yourself: "I am a misanthrope. If there's an easy way out, and if there's a possibility to cheat/gain favors, far to many will take advantage of that. It's just the way people are."

So in short, you are ignorant on this subject and yet you'll still fall back on your gut instincts to explain and blame thing you don't like.

You honestly think people and my friends like me have nothing better to do than to ride my horse to their group, then jump and shoot at where some random non name stealthed "ally" is? Can you take off the tinfoil hat please? I don't doubt it happened to you, but it happened to you because the person who did it doesn't like you. It was personal. And it would have happened even if alliance switching was permanently disabled..

You think that running scrolls to the enemy is collusion? Do you even have any clue how Alliance war scoring happens or the effect on AvAvA gameplay when one alliance has an enemy's scroll? No, you don't. Because you too busy interpreting such behavior as collusion and conspiracy. People who are actually dedicated to their alliance objective, and intelligent will purposely walk scrolls to the enemy because taking them draws aggro for both enemies. And some people just want to "farm" scrolls so they'll march it to an enemy just to get fights.

If EPs are following you around doing nothing and wasting their time, it is because of a personal issue, that has nothing to do with alliance switching. And being that you call people traitors, parasites, ***, and losers, I can see why some people will go out of their way to do that.

In short, you are interpreting negative experiences to you on something you hate (Alliance switching), when the causes are something else entirely (people not liking you, removing aggro from alliance, etc.)

If you don't understand why others and I would feel strongly about this issue, that's just proving how little you know about it and that have have zero clue or comprehension why we play multiple factions.

First off, let's get something straight: the emperor trading shenanigans that goes on happens because of low population servers. Period. Low population means manipulation is easy and Alliance War switching is not needed. This goes all the way back to Launch, when 99% of the player-base was single faction, just as you'd like, yet emperor trading was so rampant on 7 of the 10 servers ZoS originally had it lead them to close them down, institute other changes, and put into effect the very campaign locks you seek. And yet it still happened. Because it has nothing to do with alliance switching and everything to do with a low population that can be manipulated.

You and every other faction diehard are deluded that we'll follow the "easy" way and jump ship just when your alliance needs help. Give me the evidence. I talk with these players, I see what they write in guild chat, I hear what they have to say in Discord, I been with them for years. I know why they do what they do. You don't. You just look toward you own biases, people are misanthropes, people look for the "easy" way, and just makes assumptions and then slander us. Oh, that teabagger who rezzed you on the way to Beakers...how exactly is EP the "strongest" faction if Blue control Bleaks? Don't even bother telling me Red had keeps from Chalman to Glade because you'll just say that.

I hop alliances for the same reason I'll hop on a different team if I go to the YMCA to play basketball and we keep winning 11-3. Because it's supposed to be all about competition and it sucks to destroy fellow competitors such that they get so discouraged the very enjoyment they seek evaporates and they'll log off. But you don't quite see things that way, do you? No. To you, the glory of killing the "grand swine" on the field of battle is such that you forget about everyone else and just charge them no matter the consequences, your own death is well worth just taking him/her down.. And "Killing randoms I've never seen before, it's just AP to me.[/i].

They're just swine and AP. I guess you really are a misanthrope. Well, I'm not. The irony here is that you are blaming me for the ails of PvP when what I do for the game is more conducive to its health than you.

That's why I feel so strongly. Because you and every other person who have ZERO clue why people like me play on multiple factions do so, instead you slander us and lobby ZoS to institute a policy that already failed so utterly that they removed it, all based on ignorance.

And don't even try to downplay the bullying thing. What a joke. You wrote on these forums that is was maybe the rightful thing to do. I have played this game since launch on multiple factions and the vast majority of people I have come across with have been cool and cordial to me. Aside from two specific people are just jerks (both banned multiple time, one having told another player that they hoped their mother gets cancer), the only people who have been hostile are those such as yourself who believe that it was acceptable to bully me because I played on multiple faction. They don't know me and I've never done anything to them, no t-bagging, no whispers, no nothing, and yet they spew hatred, lies, along with various homophobic and misogynistic crap. Bullying is not acceptable and it is not ZoS's responsibility to completely change the way the game is played to prevent hateful people from doing it. The world does not change for bullies. No, it's the bullies who have to change or get punished for their miserable behavior.

Here's what would ruin the game about you one campaign proposal. Because the changes ZoS made with one Tamriel, ZoS has made it possible to group with players from other factions in the vast majority of gameplay. The only place you cant actively do this is PvP. Everywhere they have encouraged inter-faction gameplay. This was a clear reversal from Launch when factions were locked for PvE and even what happened in cyrodiil effect PvE trial raiding. All that is gone. And so many players have followed that signal and have characters that they care for on multiple factions.

Because I and many other players actually care about the characters we make, we want to be able to play them. It's pretty simple really. There is one single PvP campaign active. Your proposal would make it such that I'd have to go months without PvPing on a character we care about, characters we made because of the very changes Zos implemented in the main game.

And for what? We already know what happens with faction locks because they have already been in place. Emperor still gets traded. Jerks who don't like you will still reveal you're stealthed location. People who have friends on other alliances will still "spai" in Cyrodiil (much more so actually since you are aggravating them and preventing them from actually playing on an enemy alliance in the first place), and scrolls will still be carried to enemy borders rather than to your home keeps. All the crap will still happen and you will accomplish nothing but aggravating even more players now, as there are many more multi-faction players. We know this because we already tried it you way.

That is reason enough. But it's not just that. I and most other multi-faction players have zero desire to be stuck on a zerg-happy faction stacking mob that gate-camps the other alliances and renders the very competition we seek moot. Under your proposal, our only alternative is to log off the game entirely, so that means your proposal is a fail.

And spare me the whole "you kids these days" speech.
    Is the typical age of players too low for me to understand? Too used to getting what you want for free? I was raised to struggle for everything, I didn't expect any easy ways out - there were none. Your usual choice of alliance doesn't have a single keep today? Tough luck, go reclaim them, come back another day - or do something else and hope for better luck in the next campaign.

No. It's typical of an older generation too stuck in its ways to appreciate, let alone understand, the changing world around them. Your generation raised kids these days, so if they are used to getting what they want for free, that's not the fault of the kids, but of the parents. You claim you don't expect an easy way out, yet your asking for one here. Because it's too hard for bullies to stop harassing folks like me, rather than undergo honest self-reflection and endeavor to improve themselves, you want ZoS to stop alliance switching to reign in their miserable behavior. It's apparently too hard for you to handle players playing different characters, so you just attribute them as jerks, ***, and cheaters, so you want ZoS to end it.

And the very last sentence still demonstrates you know little about our motivations. I am in two guilds with mutli-faction players. We pretty much all play the same way: we seek the hard way, we log onto to the outnumbered faction, we want good fights. Stop lying about us.

Wow, you are really something. Accusing me of "making assumptions", while you really are doing it yourself - and with a really condescending attitude at that. I'm not "making assumptions" when it's written in clear text in area chat, "Yeah you report me, ZOS doesn't give a ***! LOL". I'm not a paranoid making things up. This is not "scroll farming" for improving gameplay, it's simply to gain the scroll bonus to take every single keep on the map easier.

I have never said there ain't individuals or guilds trying to make the experience better for everyone, but if you really think these are in any kind of majority - I can tell you this is not the case on Xbox EU. Not even close.

And about the "bullying" thing, it's clear by now that you have traumatic experiences from bullying. That's why you feel so strongly about it, and with your attitude - I'm not surprised people take a *** at you. But, I make a distinction between bullying and people getting what they brought onto themselves. Being condescending and uppish in a discussion really isn't something you deserve being attacked for. It's enough that one person is being rude and making straw man arguments etc. Someone who's bullied by definition basically don't deserve it, while the other brought it upon them by their own acts. Are dictators being "bullied", when people decide to bring them down? There are consequences for all your actions, some people don't realize this and just think they are treated unfairly.

Fact is, I've been playing all evening in a small group with the very guy I was talking of. One really good player, and a quite fun and nice guy. He doesn't care about the hate he is getting now, but he realizes why - of course, even though he thinks they're exaggerating. He explained that the very reason he left the DC, is because there's basically something unhealthy about that alliance right now. And the word is that "DC PVP is dead", and this is because of unhealthy leadership, and no one ready to take its place.
    What's left of them is the best DC players basically bridge/scroll farming in small strong groups, not even looking at the map anymore. They just want to enjoy PVP, and they do it pretty well, at least when someone shows them some "love" and give them attention.

And yeah, about the AD running EP colors, pointing me out to the enemy:
    Not certain where it started, but I have a clue. I put on quite a show (best one I've ever done so far) with a group of 4 other werewolves and some healers, against a big AD zerg. I am aware that we might have seen arrogant and all that, but that wasn't our intentions. I won't bother giving any details, but we must have pissed off quite a number of people doing that.

Since then, I have clearly attracted a lot more attention from AD's than I can handle. I willingly admit that. But if you can't take out 5 werewolves with those numbers, you must feel pretty worthless or whatever, I dunno.
    A former(?) AD mate from a multi alliance guild I'm in, even left the guild the same day, and I have a hunch these battles are why (yes, I am among the "leadership" in that guild). I know for sure I killed him at least twice during all that - probably even more but what did he expect?

I guess I've just become that "grand swine" myself for some people. However, I'd never fall so low as to going to Vivec on a yellow toon, and actively follow someone around just to be able to "bagging" them, and drawing aggro their way. I am far above that. I actually reported the most obvious one today, as he was following me and generally harassing me (not having the chance to give my position away today though) - applauding and cheering while I was attacked, then dancing on my corpse and "bagging" me while dead. :-)
    Options
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Both things happen.

I can give countless examples of ppl switching to underdog - basically everyone i play(ed) with.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

Options
  • Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    Aelakhaii_De_Mythos
    ✭✭✭✭
    wts my faction allegiance to the highest bidding faction
    Options
  • Pchela
    Pchela
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m going to play where the action is. Vivec mostly. And if a faction is pvdooring a map I’m not going to play that faction. My time is limited in this game as is and I’m going to play how I want. And I don’t expect others to abide by rules set by other players either. I mained EP for 3 years. Playing on dc or ad is a change of scenery and it’s nice to see different allies. When I am on ad or dc I fight for that faction. Same with ep. the state of pvp is horrid and if this is something that keeps me interested in it than so be it.
    Options
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I can agree with this. And that is why currently, I think this is a pointless discussion. People will abuse freedom, they always have. More rules will just seperate the playerbase and punish those who do not abuse their freedom. ESO just doesn't have the pvp population for it.

As much as it sucks, we will have to live with X-realming.
    Options
  • Raudgrani
    Raudgrani
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koensol wrote: »

I can agree with this. And that is why currently, I think this is a pointless discussion. People will abuse freedom, they always have. More rules will just seperate the playerbase and punish those who do not abuse their freedom. ESO just doesn't have the pvp population for it.

As much as it sucks, we will have to live with X-realming.

I could name at least ten players, who quit PVP during this campaign, because of these problems. And I'll take a "vacation" myself from the next, for the same reason. I can live with "being reported" to ZOS/Xbox Live on false accusations, getting hatemails, and being targeted by like a full group - just because I have caught attention and *** people off.

What I can't stand though, are people of my own alliance running among them, "teabagging" me along with enemies, pointing me out to enemies while I'm in sneak, resurrecting me while I'm surrounded by like 6 guys - who do laughing and dancing emotes around me. Or for that sake, sitting in zone chat spamming insults and ***, and even doing what they can to inform their real alliance members of our movements etc. It's just too stupid. Could they go for one alliance only in a campaign, they sure as hell wouldn't waste that to sit in area chat writing racist slurs, harass people and work as spies - because they are too *** players. I highly doubt it.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is all becoming a moot point as ZOS is being successful in their master plan to slowly kill off PvP.
    There can be no other explanation for what they have done with it.
    Options
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is all becoming a moot point as ZOS is being successful in their master plan to slowly kill off PvP.

Once they've killed PVP, they can repopulate Cyrodiil's keeps and highways with Imperial Legion NPCs and bosses and a few quests and voila, another new PVE zone!
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
    Options
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Once they've killed PVP, they can repopulate Cyrodiil's keeps and highways with Imperial Legion NPCs and bosses and a few quests and voila, another new PVE zone!

Sometimes I imagine the devs visit this forum and immediately think to themselves, "lol they're still here!"
    Edited by zyk on November 3, 2017 8:54PM
    Options
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    geonsocal wrote: »
    i'm a faction hopper...i have no desire to play my characters on dead campaigns, i want everyone on a 30 day map - cuz, it gives me time to rotate all 10 characters through the campaign and reach 100k AP (tier 3 rewards) for all...that's my playstyle...
    Perhaps it's time to toss out the "lore" book and change the colors in Cyrodiil.

So many threads about faction hopping and population imbalance... One-sided campaigns and hate-filled chats are not welcoming to at all for new PvP-ers. So maybe ZoS needs to drop the faction approach and go with Battlegrounds-style teams instead.

Pit Daemons (Green) Fire Drakes (Orange) or Storm Lords (Purple) would be the new colors in Cyrodiil.

You pick your color at the start of a campaign. All your alts are also that color when you PvP (until the campaign ends, of course). Guildmasters can post MOTDs about which team their guild will be playing for so their loyal members know in advance which color to select at the start of the new campaign. Of course, you'd have to have a full map reset and kick at the end of each campaign.

This probably (lol - definitely?) has drawbacks I haven't thought of, but is it a possible way forward with dwindling populations and campaigns? It would be a way to play every character in a 30 day campaign while still not allowing faction-hopping.

Now if there was also a fix for the population imbalance, PvP might actually be fun again... :wink:

Wish I could give you 100 Agrees :)
    Something needs to be done soon… Or, it may inevitably end up being a two faction war anyway with so many people leaving one faction in particular for greener pastures...
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They killed any semblance of faction loyalty when they killed The 3 Banners War lore with One Tamriel

Stormhaven is overrun with known AD and EP soldiers and races, Auridon is flooded with known DC and EP soldiers and races, Windhelm might as well be an elven capital in Skyrim as it’s overrun with elves and orcs.

What are the 3 Factions even fighting for anymore..known soldiers ofsn opposing alliance would be killed on sight...Emeric, Joruun, and Ayrenn display their hatred for the other Alliances plain as day yet they roam their cities without a care in the world

Caldwell Silver and Gold made sense because Merida puts you in a”what if scenario” that’s more like an illusion to show you what would happen if your on the other side..One Tamriel three all that in the trash and pretty much killed every reason the factions were fighting for in the first place

Story wise Cyrodiil has no meaning..the cause the factions were fighting for had been cut off at the knees, and AD crowing Argonians and Bretons, EP Crowning Orcs and Khajiit, and DC crowning Altmer and Dunmer goes against all the games in game books and lore about the factions. The story and the 3 Banners war is pretty much dead by lore all to make a better pve game...that’s why pvp is ignored for the most part
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They killed any semblance of faction loyalty when they killed The 3 Banners War lore with One Tamriel

Stormhaven is overrun with known AD and EP soldiers and races, Auridon is flooded with known DC and EP soldiers and races, Windhelm might as well be an elven capital in Skyrim as it’s overrun with elves and orcs.

What are the 3 Factions even fighting for anymore..known soldiers ofsn opposing alliance would be killed on sight...Emeric, Joruun, and Ayrenn display their hatred for the other Alliances plain as day yet they roam their cities without a care in the world

Caldwell Silver and Gold made sense because Merida puts you in a”what if scenario” that’s more like an illusion to show you what would happen if your on the other side..One Tamriel three all that in the trash and pretty much killed every reason the factions were fighting for in the first place

Story wise Cyrodiil has no meaning..the cause the factions were fighting for had been cut off at the knees, and AD crowing Argonians and Bretons, EP Crowning Orcs and Khajiit, and DC crowning Altmer and Dunmer goes against all the games in game books and lore about the factions. The story and the 3 Banners war is pretty much dead by lore all to make a better pve game...that’s why pvp is ignored for the most part

There is still a lot to fight for. If the AD and EP win they will raise your taxes. And real estate taxes in Wayrest are already through the roof.
    Options