The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Poll : 1 Alliance Per Campaign Vote

chaz
chaz
✭✭✭✭
Dear ZeniMax and Bethesda people.

As of yesterday 10-22 I decided to quit PvP in the Vivek campaign.

Please Sir and Madam, whom ever you are I really hope that you're paying attention to this.

I am, as well as I'm sure several others are requesting Zenimax Alliance LOCK campaigns for ACCOUNTS. Meaning, Once I or anyone chooses an alliance, we should not be allowed to play in that same alliance using a different alliance Character (toon).

So If I'm Aldmeri Dominion and play in a campaign, my account should be Alliance locked that I cannot take one of my Ebonheart Pact or Daggerfall Covenant alliance (toons) to go back in the same campaign.

I can see how many people are going to troll me for being ever faithful to one Alliance, and maybe some even more because I purchased from the crown store any race/any alliance so I can have / make EP and AD alliance races and place them in DC Alliance factions, but I chose DC just as I chose Nightblade for my main account character because to me, it looks pretty, it has a nice name, and it fits my character/protagonist since I have been using the same since Morrowind. Then Oblivion came out and I upgraded my character, to Skyrim to now here in Tamriel.

But none the less as far as the long history of me and my "toon" , the purpose of this is to help you understand there are a lot of people now, some voice their opinions and some stay silent, but these recent past few weeks have been getting so out of control in the Vivek Campaign it became so frustrating, so horribly unfair, and so unlikable and unFun (if that's a real word) that I literally decided to Quit.

In this campaign, yes I'm DC. And I have no fear running right up to the enemy or a zerg and unloading anything and everything I have while I literally look back and see my people in the same faction sit far away nice and safe not wanting to fight at all. Then I will go around from keep to keep to fort to fort and see 10, 20 very rare will I see 30 people just standing inside those keeps doing nothing.

All while this is happening, I go to keeps that are under attack, and I see 5 or maybe 10 people fighting EP that troll in with 40, 50, sometimes 70 people zergs. Not only that, some of them I notice the names of them to which I seen on AD alliance, and even my own DC alliance.

EP zerging has gotten way out of control and ZoS not alliance locking is part of, if not one of the leading contributors to the problem. So now pretty much and going forward, it's like cheating because one alliance has an unfair advantage over another. This isn't PvP anymore, its GOD versus the rest of us.

I could, (""Could"") probably handle that as I have in the past because DC alliance has some very good players, very strong, very quick, very good at DPS and can hold their own, but now with EP sharing the same builds with their people, and getting more and more people all at once, and they don't even play right to take keeps, they farm us, they troll us, they take scrolls and not place it in their keeps but take it to get other scrolls to farm more and more of the opposing alliance. And more and more of them are people I fought with on my own teams in DC, or fought against from the AD alliance, and it seems they're all going over to EP.

So I'm calling for a vote, ZoS needs to make it so that once we chose an alliance, we cannot switch until that specific campaign is over. Even if We drop out of the campaign, we should then be locked out of the campaign entirely until the campaign is over.
Edited by chaz on October 23, 2017 12:25PM
Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38

Poll : 1 Alliance Per Campaign Vote 160 votes

Alliance Lock accounts Until Capaign Ends
70% 112 votes
Don't Alliance lock until Campaign ends
13% 22 votes
Please, stop the OP from making new threads
11% 18 votes
I don't care, I just came for IceCream
1% 2 votes
No GAWD PLEASE DON'T, I love trolling Alliances
3% 6 votes
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waste of time this has been brought up so many times Zos doesn't care
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock until campaign ends or you pay to leave it.

This is what I've been saying for a while as it's the best of both, we get back some loyalty for a campaigns length but let people who make new friends or want balanced factions change with each season (or whatever you call it).
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I would think that ZoS better care about these things because sooner or later this is going to end up a dead game. I'm sorry but it takes a lot, and I mean a lot for me to leave a game like that. I feel I'm pretty think skinned by now and have been called every name in the book, had every insult tossed at me and things said that should get people perma banned for life and have police do an ip check to investigate terrorism. But this game, I finally broke. This last campaign did it and it's just not fun anymore.

Why would I want to play a game I know I'm going to lose because I'm in a ""Casual"" faction, which is what everyone calls it, just as much as I might say "people are getting paid to work at home playing ep zergs". So, if it takes a lot for me to leave a game like this I am sure sooner or later others will to and ZoS can then play by themself because the only people in the champion 30 campaign will be every zerg party from EP.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
    Options
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'd like to try using some faction swap timer first...

2 hours, 4 hours, 24 hours - something...see if that helps folks feel more comfortable with the direction of cyrodiil...

hopefully zos will do something to try to slow down the loss of player participation...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
    Options
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you know: Petitions are against the forum rules?
    "Adapt. or Die."
    Options
  • wazzz56
    wazzz56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorry, will not work now...with only 3 campaigns for over lvl 50 toons, you would be forced to either play non-cp with one alliance or not play one alliance in pvp at all.....yeah, nope not gonna happen..
    GM Tig Ole Critties ps5 NA small scale PvP guild

"After a hard week of farming, or a long night of being nagged by your wife, there is nothing better than going out for a bit of a fish."
    Options
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So tired of faction hoppers screwing up the campaigns, so yes fricking please.
    5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
    Options
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »
    Did you know: Petitions are against the forum rules?

Link it, all I'm saying LOL.

Options
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    From what I understand, before I knew everyone else was talking about this, I just seem fengrush's video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yzoxycg53vg talking about the zergs. I don't know what it's like now as I really did quit PvP in Cyrodiil since 10-22 but I am sure EP owns the market in ball zergs. Still, it's my opinion that letting people Alliance hop is one of the main problems. Now so much AD because I remember they giving us a good fight, but I seen more and more of my DC friends disappear and yet the EP zergs just got bigger and bigger. Not to mention other things like lag, seeing people in the ground, and OMG Load screens HAHAHA. Please, we need an alliance lock to stop people from jumping sides when they feel like it or when they think it's a good time to rush the ""Casual"" pvp factions in order to win the campaign. Please fix this.

Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We really only have one campaign to begin with.

When we were locked to only having characters from one alliance in each campaign we still ended up with one campaign. It meant your alts could only play in low population campaigns that were often just plain dead.

LOL, I remember we had one campaign per alliance with all the extra ones. They were used for emp farming and getting buffs for PvP. LOL

Was a bad design which is why Zos changed it and will not be going back.
    Options
  • bmannb16_ESO
    bmannb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I started as AD played there for along time, flipped over to EP because the zone chat was less poison, recently made a DC due to the obvious player # imbalance happening. If OP got his way I could never flip to the losing, I'm here for the fun fights I don't give a *** about loyalty.

For the last week Vivec has been super boring, the only thing stopping me from running my DC sorc is a painfully slow horse.
    AD Six feet under (Sorc, Templar, Dragon Knight)
    EP Six feet under (Warden, Dragon Knight, Sorc)
    EP Sometimes Salty (Nightblade)
    EP Never sees the light (Nightblade)
    Options
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem you're trying to stop doesn't exist.
    Options
  • Malic
    Malic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi I am malic and I am a troll.

That out of the way these people that cry about zergs in an RAID v RAID v RAID/ ALLIANCE v ALLIANCE v ALLIANCE zone are just complete idiots.

There is really no way around it, and we have to stop treating them as normal. Its not a solo zone, its not a "small scale pvp" zone.

If you cant get past that, you are always going to be miserable in cyrodiil and I will continue to live high off the hog, fed, fat, and ready urinate on your open wounds in zone chat.

OF course the OP is an AD player, I mean OMG you cant make this stuff up LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
    Edited by Malic on October 27, 2017 11:14PM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Waste of time this has been brought up so many times Zos doesn't care

Yup. It is more important to be able to play with your friends at any moment.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remember when this used to be character based? Not sure why they changed this.

I *hate* the idea of this being account based, my account belongs to me, the real life person.
    I'm not loyal to anyone inside a video game world.

My characters on the other hand are very loyal to their campaigns.
    They should be locked into their campaign by character and none of your other characters should be able to play in the same campaign (unless they are in the same alliance).

Problem solved for everyone ...
    shades.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on October 27, 2017 11:57PM
    Options
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Malic wrote: »
    Hi I am malic and I am a troll.

OF course the OP is an AD player, I mean OMG you cant make this stuff up LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z4m4lnjxkY
    LOL, :D Yeah, and that's a pretty good video you posted.
    Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
    Whether that opinion is right or wrong.

Yes, the OP is definitely an AD player. Here's the proof ;-)

https://imgur.com/a/olUwv

And second screenie:

https://imgur.com/a/CSEC2

Those AD banners on the OP's "toons" look great!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Hey I like to thank everyone for participating in my thread and all opinions are welcome. I really means that. It's also a reason why I made the votes anonymous because we needed to show ZoS that even though we have a few brave souls to voice their opinion, there are those that wish to speak up but remain silent.

I think it's a fun exercise for research purposes to see what people like to have or don't. My experience is, I am loyal. So because I have some money to throw out the window I purchased the any race/any alliance perk from the crown store because there are certain races I like to play, but can only do so If I'm forced to join AD or EP alliance faction, regardless of weather or not I join a campaign. The Crown store perk lets me / us bypass this so we can have those races and then pick any alliance faction we want.

This conversation also helped me research YouTube videos about related matters and sure there are some complaints about "people/team-mates" jumping to the other side, and other issues about pop-lock, loading screens, server crashes, and lag. Is PvP perfect? No. Far from it. Can it be fixed? Could it be fixed? It's possible.

I'm not really trying to focus on lag, server crashes, pop-locks, my focus here is about Alliance hopping and may or may not be a root cause of some lag or server crashes because, and I will stress this, in my own opinion, alliance hopping, and souly over to EP, where we have 60 to 70 balled up zergs all in one spot, yeah this may cause lag, and may cause server crashes, (((BUT))) for my focus here today, in my opinion definitely takes all the fun out of playing in PvP.

Why play, if you know you''re gonna lose?

Why play, when you know your opponent is cheating?

I reference cheating only as a base. For any game. Would you play with or against a known cheater? We all seen it, we all see it, it's an everyday experience in online gaming and nothing will change it. Sure for this game specific it may be hard to cheat, it's a lot easier to ""Hack"" which I call mod, a host side game than it is to ""Hack"" a server side game. But that said,

And in my opinion, Alliance hopping, and especially now, is well, kind of a form of cheating.

And I do apologize if anyone is taking it to heart as it may appear I'm singling out EP alliance, the fact of the matter is that it's no big secret that only the EP alliance right now in PvP are the only ones 60++ or 70++ people ZERG balling the crap out of everyone else.

So, 10 or even a full group of 20 people max against 2 or 3 full groups max, is in definition a hack/cheat as it truely gives an unfair advantage over another player.

And since no one will be banned for zerging, the idea of even suggesting that is ludicrous beyond belief, but measures can be set in place to help prevent it. And like I said, before I was made aware of it, before I decided to quit PvP servers in Cyrodiil, I was made aware that people before had left, and i'm also being made aware of people now leaving after me slowly and a little at a time. Before end, and like I stated before, Good luck my friends at Zenimax, but you can go play by yourself because sooner or later PvP is going to be a dead game.

There are way too many people asking for fixes, for whatever the issue is, and my main focus here is what I believe is a root cause of some of the issues like lag or server crashes, but that said I strongly believe my focus is more based on fun. I can handle fighting a team of equal amounts, I can even handle fighting a team of twice the odds against, but when they double down and do 60 to 70 people zergs, and I'm either in a small 10 man group (or lady group, sorry) or I'm solo fighting with about 5 to 10 people that get wiped out by a blobmass of way too many people.

I haven't even gone into touching base about my gaming experience in the realm of lag or server crashes because I'm trying to focus on fun and fairness. I refuse to play this game on the PvP servers until things change. And until they do, I refuse to play against those that have an unfair advantage against the rest of us.

Personally, I find it mind boggling that someone like me that spent thousands of dollars in real money isn't being paid attention to. I consider myself a good person, leader, role model, and yet when people do something stupid against me ZoS just tells me to ignore them, if I yell at that person for doing something stupid against me, ZoS threats to ban or suspend me. So the thought process of people like me that know what we're talking about, and the thought process of those that just made the game or published it are 2 completely different worlds.

Please take this into consideration , that once anyone joins a campaign, that character locks the account in until the campaign is over. This , preventing people from alliance hopping will make more people think about their builds, rather than just going over to one faction to massblobzerg people down, and having all those people in one spot, really does cause lag and server crashes. If you played this game at all, you would know what I'm talking about.

P.S.
    Anyone posting please try to keep it clean, I don't wish to start alliance wars in here, I have friends in PvE that belong to other alliances, and I don't hate them, I don't dislike them either. This is just a game. Really. I have no personal or hard feelings against anyone in PvP on the Cyrodiil server at all, and really , yes this is the internet and I do expect people to be salty about it, or even towards me. It's expected. I don't expect everyone, or even anyone to agree with me, I'm just looking for honest opinions no matter how hard the truth is. If no one wants to have it changed, then I respect that. And even if we have enough people that want it changed, I mean really? It's only up to ZoS to first and foremost listen, and provide the proper feedback if they're even going to consider it, or in the very least have the Welkynd Stone's to post that it's not gonna fly.

Thank you, for reading all that.

I <3 U all ;-)

Options
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about we keep it like it is now for the players who are multifaction and are in multiple different alliance PvP guilds :).
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize that this is how things used to work, right?

If you had a DC toon homed or guested in Vivec, the only other toons that you can home or guest in Vivec were your other DC toons.

This is the way things worked at launch and for a good period of time since.

And this system was scrapped for what we have now. And for good reason. I'm not going to rehash all the reasons for scrapping the old way, but suffice it to say, it was the right move. And the vast majority of the player base agreed that it was the right move. Feel free to dig up the old threads on this, as I'm too lazy to do so right now.

These days, with there being so few campaigns, going back to those Dark Ages is even more unfathomable.
    Edited by code65536 on October 28, 2017 3:11AM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
    Options
  • method__01
    method__01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock for account

we ask it so many times
    PC EU/NA /// PS4 EU/NA

Options
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm Torn between the 2. (yes and no) I say no first because, @ZOS couldn't fix the Original Alliance locks to begin with. The people kept using there friends and or guild members. To invite them to same PvP campaign and alliance.

Whilst still alliance locked. Hence why @ZOS decided to delete the alliance lock. (I think after or before, One Tameril though. Not 100% sure anymore)

But yes, I decided to vote alliance lock for same campaign. Until campaign reset. Take me for example, I went AD in Vivec Reset. (Which now has 6 days left) To try and help aid AD. But I still honestly felt I wasn't ready to go back AD.

Then I went back EP, (2ND or 3Rd day?) I haven't switched to different alliance, after I went back to EP. In which I'm still serving EP. (I sure hope rumors are not true in Next Vivec, PS4 EU, Campaign Reset though.....)

I have realized it's way unfair for DC honestly. Me going back AD and EP. In same campaign. But I'm only doing it because I'm Torn and trying to fix, that go way back to 2ND Scourge. But now I know I'm not ready to go back AD no offense. But I'm alright with it also.

At the same time, with the deletion of 3(?) campaigns and huge amount of DC that was already in Vivec. Vivec is now totally 1 sided color.

I totally believe someday, some DC would make the switch and help with balance wise. But also if Campaign lock was actually in motion right now. It could both effect Campaigns in negative and or positive way. Its hard to say, but it's both yes and no for me.

Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is entitled to his/her own opinion even if it is based on assumptions. PvP has not seemed to change much since they removed the lock on campaigns permitting players to have characters in different alliances in the same campaign.

He/She is also entitled to stop playing in PvP due to the same assumptions. Nothing wrong with that.

However, Zos will not be changing this again since it has not seemed to have a dire consequence and we have far fewer campaigns, most dead, to play in. It would be bad for PvP to add more dead campaigns to satisfy OP since he/she has not provided anything to back up his opinion.
    Options
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    We really only have one campaign to begin with.

When we were locked to only having characters from one alliance in each campaign we still ended up with one campaign. It meant your alts could only play in low population campaigns that were often just plain dead.

LOL, I remember we had one campaign per alliance with all the extra ones. They were used for emp farming and getting buffs for PvP. LOL

Was a bad design which is why Zos changed it and will not be going back.

This....it was this way for at least what, the first two years of the game? Until they allow faction changes I will be adamantly opposed to locking campaigns again.

@chaz I didn't vote in your poll because your wording for those of us who are opposed I don't find truly reflective of this community. Stop being a troll yourself and reword your polls to be more neutral.

K Thx Baii
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
    Options
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree but dont see it happening :/
    Options
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    The fact is there are large guilds ruining PvP for many because they are faction jumping AP ***'s who jump on their Red toons to run the map one way, then their blue toons to run it the other. Then it's yellow toon time to crown and emp...perhaps even on another campaign. On Sotha there were guilds offering to crown you emperor for 1 million gold. They would jump over from Vivec and run the map for you and, yes , you too could have a shiny new Ruby throne for your home! Insisting that people choose a campaign and that their account be locked for said campaign for it's duration is, of course, the correct thing to do. Reducing everything down to it's lowest common denominator and base instincts will be the death of this game. Promoting AP whoredom is NOT good for the game and is directly harming the 50-75% or more of players who choose to be loyal to their chosen faction. Why should my hard work slugging it out for a 30 day campaign be ruined because *** megaguild #1 decided to collude with *** megaguild #2 to determine the campaigns outcome in the final few days? How is that fun...for anybody?! It is the games developers responsibility to anticipate and guard against certain players dark impulses to rig the system to manipulate the results. ZOS has listened to con artists and it's own inhouse tendency to ignore sociopathy in some of it's player base to allow a corrupt system to thrive and grow daily. To those campaign and faction jumpers I say this: grow a sack and pick a side and fight hard for it! Change it every time after the campaign is over if ya like, but choose loyalty over whoratry and you just may find your enjoyment for this great game being restored. And ZOS I suggest to you that you follow the great New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick's sage advice: do your job.
    Options
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    You know, just for craps, kicks and giggles everyone kept telling me the 7 day is usually always empty and if I wanted to get the emperor achievement on my account I should hop on over and spend a little time in there and get it in no time flat. So, last night I did, and there were no real scores on the leader boards, so I hopped on and coasted around, only to find 3 [people] get 200,000 AP points in about an hour and I seen 2 people get emp and one deposed. Is that even possible? I was going around doing what I thought was good and even asking someone to let me join their raid party of 20, only to make about 69K ap in 4 hours.

So, how do people get over 200k , close to 300k in an hour? And just show up on the leader boards like that and yet no one knew where those people were fighting. Are there esoui mods out there that help you make AP? Is there scripts or dll that people run? Are people cheating? I mean I'm sorry I guess I misunderstood the rules of gaining AP when for 1 thing, a dozen people tell me 7 days are quiet, when the fact was AD had there own ZERG, and REDS AND YELLOWS Seems to have the run of the map. I checked out IC, every flag in IC was RED.

Laughingly I left being disappointed because I was sadly misinformed about the 7day, before that I stood back watching what builds the enemies were using and it seems like 90% of them were all using Dk tanks to suck the life out of people and having a dozen of them all in one spot meant they got to open up with heavy attacks and clean people up good.

So campaign switching from 30 day to 7 day, yeah is not a good idea unless you're one of those people/groups that know how to make close to 300k alliance points in the space of one hour. But the time I played, only significant thing I noticed was keeps went from red to yellow to red to yellow. Where was DC? LOL, 2 full groups working in tandem, 1 distracts on one end of the map while the other took one keep, where was everyone else? Well aside the 2 or 2 people just chillin in DC keeps doing nothing, I didn't really see anyone else in DC, was basically a ghost town.

Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the greatest moments I ever had was during the Imperial City event.

I'd been farming the centre with a group, and it didn't take too long to realise that they were all terrible. Awful dps and the like. I mean they were able to take down the Simulacrum alright, but they would keep pulling all three portals at once, and it was just a mess.

So I said screw it, jumped on my magblade in another alliance, and went and bombed the lot of them.

Was that a bit of a D*** move? No, it was a massive one.
    Did I make bank on telvar? You bet.

I also like being able to hunt down my buddies as well.

Having the freedom to do that is probably one of my favourite bits about pvp.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    just as ZOS has revisted their stance on noCP vs CP pvp, they can revisit their stance on faction locking.

We have a new demographic of players. All the older, launch players are nigh gone (the ones that were the most vocal about faction swap freedom). Whats left is a player base with the expectation of Faction locking. Or simply those that have changed their minds.

Blame the players. Faction swapping was meant to do good but so many have done very bad with it. Or at least enough to warrant the current outcry.

Don't dismiss that. There is a real, vocal, significant percentage of players that want factions locked and the shenanigans to stop.

The few ruin it for the many - every time. blame yourselves.

EDIT: This issue is EVERYWHERE - it's unfathomable that so many attempt to dismiss and stifle this concern. Look at the poll - no one wants faction swap freedom. It's too abused. There are threads about this EVERYWHERE on the forums, such as my comment in this thread right here!
    Rickter wrote: »
    I personally do not like faction swapping. However, I agree with the points both Dreyloch and Montayva presented.

ultimately, and this is bare metal bottom line we're talking, I think the game would be much healthier locking factions. And even though there are a lot that have done good with it, the current system leaves too much room for abuse. In fact, 1 out of the 3 remaining campaigns, Sotha Sil, is completely and utterly out of control.

So we have an entire campaign, controlled by one guild, swapping back and forth, controlling emperor (because who cares about emperor anymore, right!?? /sarcasm), and literally running off the competition that dont want to have anything to do with it anymore.

That leaves Vivec and Shor. And Shor is a grab bag of beyond hit or miss. Ive heard it has gotten better but EP, as usual, is having a field day over there.
    Edited by Rickter on October 31, 2017 1:09PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What makes the faction hopping worse is that there are still entire guilds that switch back and forth between EP and AD.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
    Options
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, I just went into the 7 day, and this is another reason why I quit PvP, EP loves cheating this system, I should say broken system:

https://imgur.com/a/HhFHK

Options
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    What's needed is for more folks to stop whining ingame and stop quitting...and get to this forum and register their opinion that account wide faction locking on a campaign by campaign basis needs to happen. The vast majority of players want it....yet their voices go unheard because they fail to register and vote here. Be proactive and help them find their way here!
    Options