The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Poll : 1 Alliance Per Campaign Vote

• geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    chaz wrote: »
    So, I just went into the 7 day, and this is another reason why I quit PvP, EP loves cheating this system, I should say broken system:

https://imgur.com/a/HhFHK

something has to be done to make it incredibly hard to be gated...

being gated, particularly for long periods of time absolutely sucks the joy out of pvp...

make it so that you can't store enemy scrolls at the back 3 keeps, but - also make the keeps extremely easy to defend and take for that home "turf" faction...
    Edited by geonsocal on November 6, 2017 6:29PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    chaz wrote: »
    So, I just went into the 7 day, and this is another reason why I quit PvP, EP loves cheating this system, I should say broken system:

https://imgur.com/a/HhFHK

something has to be done to make it incredibly hard to be gated...

being gated, particularly for long periods of time absolutely sucks the joy out of pvp...

make it so that you can't store enemy scrolls at the back 3 keeps, but - also make the keeps extremely easy to defend and take for that home "turf" faction...

Even though this is exactly how 1St (My Time with DC) and 2ND Scourge (My Time With AD) PS4 EU (save for last months before 2ND Scourge Ended as well as when I started going back and forth from AD/EP) with even same alliance no offense.

I could say I been there done that, for 2+ yrs. Fighting for balance. But I also understand its not for everyone as well. Yes it does ruin the fun for everyone whom are totally outnumbered and great disadvantage. Yet I don't and never had grudge with EP.

I also understand no one wants to fight in a campaign where no one can do anything Whilst 1 side have everything. I understand others leave (I however don't understand and dislike that I'm blamed for AD leaving 2ND Scourge though...)

You all have right to leave, it's very sad to say the least. But I fully understand and give you my blessings. I been there and done that as well. I could've left but I decided to stay, to do my best to help aid alliance.

Yes gate camping is no fun, but there are many ways and secrets to bypass gate camping. Once I find my other discussion from my time on AD in 2ND Scourge. It will give an example.

But if you do wish to stay in same campaign and or change to different campaign. I totally understand and don't let anyone hold you back. However if you decide to stay, you must change on how to change the map.

Don't capture samething over and over again. Always switch different locations, no matter how far it is. But I give you my blessings and wish you good luck.

No matter what campaign and or server and platform. If you want take a break from PvP that is OK. You are you, do what's best for you. But like me and so many DC and AD from 1St and 2ND Scourge as well as I. Do feel your pain, for we all been this together. Save for me doing this way longer than both AD and DC combined.

I believe I'm missing other things, hopefully one of Guild officer from different Guild I've joined and great friend (I hope I tagged right person) @gaxuxa Askatasuna might add somethings that might help you @chaz4489_ESO

I also must agree with @geonsocal in which you made good points as well.

Edited to add more things that I forgot to Mention, 11:37 am PDT

Before I went AD (2ND Scourge) to help them and after I left DC (after 1St Scourge deletion) I however did switch to EP, for 1 week in 2ND Scourge. Due to me asking EP EMP what I should do. Decided I don't like to have everything.

Left EP after 1 week? And went to AD to help them in 2ND Scourge. Mostly due to these 2 AD Kajit NB which helped me remember what I used to do. Just want add that and clarify. I'm guilty of it to just for tiny bit. The helped AD 1+ yr In 2ND Scourge, until last month's of 2ND Scourge PS4 EU when I went back And forth AD/EP

Edited Again 11:43 am PDT

All alliance have 1 way map. No matter if we are EP, DC and or AD. We are all guilty of making 1 sided map aka "buff server" so sorry if I was originally blaming EP. I'm not, and not mean to do so.

I just wanted to share my experiences of what came to pass in 1St and 2ND Scourge PS4 EU. No alliance is perfect for we all do it. But understand the Frustration none the less.
    Edited by Serjustin19 on November 6, 2017 7:50PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Twohothardware
    Twohothardware
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP will never be balanced until players are forced to pick a side and stay on it for the duration of the Campaign. When you can just get on another character in 2 minutes and be on the winning team then to some theres' no reason not to switch every time your Alliance is playing poorly. That then just diminishes the chances of the other Alliances working their way back into it later in the Campaign and leads to these wide gaps in final scores.
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I happened to have popped in last evening. Guy in a group I was running with at the end says "Ok guys Im gonna go, go eat and get ready for bed. TYG". So everyone says bye to guy and wouldn't you know 15 minutes later that same guy with us on DC side got dead really quick 15 minutes later by me and I got an "You Avenged" screenshot as he simple did go, but logged into his AD account and tried to bomb us LOL.

Well when I say us I mean the other group I ran with later that night, I stayed because I had nothing to do and wanted to see what strategy the other group was going to run. But my point, getting patted on the back by someone that says "Hey buddy I'm your friend" one moment then secretly comes back when they think everyone is gone and tries to kill us with an alt account. No loyalty at all. I also happened to have been in craglorn the other day and found 2 people advertising for EP zergs that build share, and training. Same time advertising for KUSH lol. Guess it's like that everywhere, I would post an image here but after yesterday I don't want to wake the Bee's nest.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

ESO Beta Test Ultimate Question for control!
    Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My gods, I could have written the original post as it sums up the problem so very well. But I don't see it happening unfortunately. I have heard people say that they will no longer be playing their DC alt in PVP due to the massive EP faction stacking of the EP... in fact, they have made EP alts for PVP...if you can't beat them, join them.

ZOS doesn't seem to care about the population imbalance. These days, my group barely makes it to 6 players and we are ran over by 40+ EP everywhere we go in Cyrodil. After so long, we give up. I sometimes wonder if the EP players who are faction stacking just to take resources realize that they are killing PVP. ZOS has removed campaigns from the game because they were only one sided and now, there is really only Vivec left.

I do have a few suggestions on what ZOS can do to help.

1) Completely disabled group queuing into Cyrodil. This would stop the one player of an alliance queuing 23 other players of another alliance into Cyrodil and counting on the first player's alliance numbers. This is still happening as only the other day, both a guildie and I jumped into Cyrodil at the same time and I got in and he had a queue of 11. I waited for him to spawn but never saw the other 11 people come through, just 1 person who we later saw idle in Bleakers.

2) Limit AP for anyone joins a fight after the first 24. Let me give an example. You see that Chal is lit. You ride as fast as you can and you are the 25th player of that faction to arrive. You get no AP at all for the battle. This would mean that the normal 40 man zerg will have 16 players who do not get any AP at all even if you are in a group. I am sure that ZOS has a way to calculate the number of faction players in the battle as well as the time they arrived to the scene. So if there are 10 players there and a full 24 raid shows up, only 14 members of the raid will get AP. The only reason for this is to stop the faction stacking. FACTION STACKING IS KILLING CYRODIL!!!
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It used to be that way, it was better.

There were more players.
    There was a team concept.
    There were rivalries
    Zone Chat was far less toxic and annoying
    There was even people playing to win!

Now it's garbage, trolled, exploited, boosted.
    Allowing multiple characters per campaign was only good for cheater and trolls.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Agree but dont see it happening :/

Your correct that it's. It going to happen.

As I stated earlier Zos already had a lengthy experiment with this and decided to abaondom it. It offered extremely little benefit and there is zero reason to return to such pointless restrictions.
  • KrishakPanettier
    KrishakPanettier
    ✭✭✭
    When game was first released on Console your account was locked to alliance. Another character on another alliance could not join the same server until it ended. But could join another server on an opposing alliance. I wish it were like that again.
    Krishak Kringle aka KrishakPanettier, Templar (PSN:KrishakPanettier)
    -- PS4 NA --

PVP, PVE, and Trader Guild Leader
    Guild:
    - Rent-A-Zerg Mercs AD (one-time large AD PVP Guild - now PVP, PVE, dungeons, trials, and crafting)
    - Shadow Exiles AD (merged into RAZ AD)
    - Recruiting all levels, for help all in-game content. Not just PVP anymore. Not just AD.

Online:
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/RAZ.AD
    - Facebook: www.facebook.com/ShadowExiles
    - Twitter: @ShadowExiles
    - www: www.shadowexiles.com
  • blumac81
    blumac81
    Ya I'd like to here ZOS speak on this subjects, it has become a difficult issue for guild leaders. I play almost primarily on DC but have five characters and each needs alliance war skills at the very least, and two of those characters are AD and EP. I play only on Vivec because that's where the action is. It is quite awkward though, and the leader of my DC PvP guild takes issue when he sees non-DC characters logged on in Cyrodil. To be honest I wouldn't mind a campaign lock, to avoid the spying *** that feed info between alliances. It just seems wrong.
    PC (NA) ~ @blumac81 ~ CP 696

~ Katilyn Macando 50 Altmer Sorcerer (DC PvP Vivec/ PvE / Master Crafter) ~
    ~ Ra'Mazzik Macando 50 Khajit DragonKnight (DC PvE Tank / PvP BG'er) ~
    ~ Junie Cakes Macando 50 Orc Warden (DC PvE Healer / PvP BG'er) ~
    ~ Mastigia 50 Dunmer Nightblade (EP PvE Master Thief / PvP Gankblade) ~
    ~ Licks-All-Wounds 50 Argonian Templar (AD PvE/PvP Healer) ~

GUILDS: (LF Guilds)
  • Bam_Bam
    Bam_Bam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK - here's a fact about the PC EU Vivec campaign that is happeneing RIGHT now......

8 of the top 10 EP leaderboard are AD - their main chars are AD in one of the main AD guilds. They are just farming because they want to get their pal Emperor. They have NO vested interest in the EP and 90% time actually prefer to kill them. When we need players (and EP ALWAYS needs players) these AD guildies are doing there own thing. They don't cotribute at all to the campaign but they lead take up 8 of the top10 places on an Alliance they don't even like.

Now try and tell me that this isn't wrong.

EDIT : OH, and if yo say "I want to try another Alliance!" - Cadwells silver and gold.
    Edited by Bam_Bam on November 19, 2017 7:10PM
    Joined January 2014
    PC EU - PvE & BGs & PvP (Vivec)
    Grand Master Crafter

#DiscordHypeSquad

Stream
    Lims Kragm'a
    Bam Bam Bara
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are a lot of good valid points in this thread I agree. I also like to touch base on this since I casually went back in to do a little PvP solo and some with a group. Now, first and foremost I want to say that I used to be someone that would say to someone "You're a factionless traitor dog" BUT , not everyone has the crown store perk "Any alliance/any race". So yes there is most certainly going to be people that have no choice but to play an Alliance I may not agree with.

I think anyone by now who likes, dislikes, or hates me know I'm pure DC. Never ever played another faction a day in my life. Call it loyalty, blind devotion, or maybe I just like the color blue and happen to love a good lion crest. But that said, I did not start this voting campaign because I don't like the other alliance, I made it because too many people, have been hopping over to the other side (which is the other side of me) then, (the other side of you) so that they can come in with massive 30, 40, and yes I have even seen and lost count from screenshots of 65 people XERG, oops I meant Zerg's that not only farm, destroy, flip rss or keeps, but at it's very core just terrorizes , harrasses, and brutalizes other players and not move on.

What I mean by that is, those 60 ++ people I mentioned, one day they were all at Ash, had the keep wide open, and spent 1 hour in the courtyard just farming all DC trying to defend it, and ever manhandled all the AD groups that came up to do a big kinky 3 way. Now I said one hour, and I meant it. I watched them do nothing but zerg me and everyone else down just for points or pleasure, but that said, I give you my word, I promise you this, some of those very same EP, were just moments ago a DC by my side, and or an AD that I had killed, came back to that very same keep but as an EP player.

Now, I know I am not the only one that gets disappointed or upset an ally switches side, I know the other alliances suffer from the same. And it's all the same even still to today. And with what we all just seen recently with ZoS shutting down some of the other smaller campaigns, this is either a sign they're admitting their servers aren't as good as they like, or are getting ready to shut down servers, or trying to prevent cheating cheaters getting EMP on their account ((Yes I voiced this many times, EMP,m or emperor, on anyones account now is basically useless TRASH, and those that have it, deserve no respect for 2 reasons, ""1"" it's only a game, and ""2"" people now pay groups and guild to help them cheat getting EMP on their account)) , ok wait where was I? I lost track. Oh yeah, from cheaters, to ZoS shutting down the other smaller campaigns because they rather see more and more players in a single campaign as opposed to the smaller ones as it's possible they think no one is playing.

For what ever reason, I have not heard one person tell me they seen a post by Zenimax why they did that. I have seen people say that 1 alliance at a time per account wide was in affect a time ago until they changed it, so yes they, (They being Zmx) can certainly change it back to the way it was for a trial period to see if this works to produce a better balanced battlefield making it more fair to every alliance.

(**insert edit b4 post** No sound = distracted as I don't know if I'm getting hit) Not to mention, I feel I have a pretty good machine I use, but when a lot of players are in one spot I will lag and be really choppy, so I end up dead because what ever rotation I'm using, the game can't keep up with me and I get steam rolled, or I get locked in an infinite load screen out of no where, or my very favorite, game crashes. End of story.
    Those in power only have the illusion they are powerful, however in reality, those in power are only so because we allow them to be.

Lord Dagon's Mythic Dawn Guild is now recruiting. Dailies, trials, Raids, Fun, Discord (required for staying on Crown), guild bank and so much more. Msg me or mail me in game @Chaz for invite. **See Link Here** ElderScrollsOnlineYouTube

ElderScrollsOnline Purchase History April 17, 2017 through May 30th 2022 (Crowns,Upgrades, ESO Plus) = $5,610.38
  • NobleGuardian
    NobleGuardian
    ✭✭✭
    this entire thread is a meme. some people dont PvP for the faction or the map. We play for the good fights. so when DC, Ad, or EP are zerging the map why stay on that faction and get no good fights and just have a faction zerg anywhere you go. thats why people swap over to different factions. and the whole "oh play a different camp" thing cant be even thought of becuase every other camp is pretty much dead at least on PC/NA. this was possible when the game had a better population and there was fights on more than just one camp, but now this wouldnt work.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Yet another day in paradise with EP running the map on Vivec, crowning an emp with help from another campaign, and DC/EP totally zerging AD back to it's gates. ZOS is stupidly allowing Pvp to die becauase their staff are ENTIRELY focused on the crown store and selling doilies for housing. I was this game's greatest cheerleader...and now I'm growing more and more disgusted by the apathy and disrespect shown by ZOS staff/devs towards those of us who love Pvp. They don't give a crap and it shows in their refusal to address players concerns here. And the exploit for groups in cyro? A CHILD could fix it in 5 minutes by simply stopping groups from entering Cyro...tada!! But they could care less because they are lazy and, as mentioned, ENTIRELY focused on squeezing as much money out of players via the crown store. Corruption is rampant with cross faction/campaign jumping, buying and selling of Emperorships, and outright griefing by two factions against the 3rd. Population continues to dwindle prematurely IMO....because they could get a few more yrs out of ESO if they only cared enough to try. But they don't care...so why should we?
  • Razier
    Razier
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with Alliance locking for each Campaign. Hopping between factions in the same campaign should never have been allowed in the first place. It can create an unbalance in Cyrodil which in same cases can do so much harm it ruins entire campaigns. Nothing grinds my gears more than seeing the same person fight for 2 different factions in the same day. I made my first EP toon the other day after being DC only for the past 2 years. I'm making sure to only fight for one faction per campaign.
    Edited by Razier on December 4, 2017 8:35PM
    Saint of Brindle
    Wu-Tang Clan
    Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    this entire thread is a meme. some people dont PvP for the faction or the map. We play for the good fights. so when DC, Ad, or EP are zerging the map why stay on that faction and get no good fights and just have a faction zerg anywhere you go. thats why people swap over to different factions. and the whole "oh play a different camp" thing cant be even thought of becuase every other camp is pretty much dead at least on PC/NA. this was possible when the game had a better population and there was fights on more than just one camp, but now this wouldnt work.

Have you ever stopped to consider that with faction locking by account on a campaign by campaign basis, the crazy fluctuations in poplulations would end? The "good fights" you speak of require enemies to fight and are GREATLY reduced when one side has all the numbers. What you're enjoying by faction hopping is the *** slapping of almost empty keeps for AP gains. It is this very AP whorage that ZOS has promoted and it's killing PvP. Playing all the factions= good for you. Fighting hard for one faction= good for the game! And ultimately what's good for the game is going to be good for you. ZOS knows all of this, or it should because a child can see the truth of it, but they have devoted almost the entirety of their efforts to selling crown store items. They just don't seem to care that people are leaving PvP in droves.
  • Carpe-Veritatem
    Carpe-Veritatem
    ✭✭✭
    Morgul667 wrote: »
    Agree but dont see it happening :/

I understand your cynicism because it hasn't been addressed to date. But we can't give up pushing ZOS to do the right thing to help save IT'S GAME. PvP on Vivec is dying. Anyone paying attention can see that. It's partly because folks don't like striving against UNWINNABLE ODDS because of huge number differences, but it's also because everyday more and more players become faction hopping AP harlots. Their own enjoyment for the game diminishes every time they do it...but they just don't see it. ZOS should better understand human nature and enact policies with that understanding in mind. But they seem to be walking in lock step towards the premature demise of their game, and it's an amazing sight to behold. :(
  • chaz
    chaz
    ✭✭✭✭
    And don't forget the darkside of it, SPIES!!!!!!!! Last night a well known EP player switched over and was posting in our (DC) zone chat. Funny every where he went we found his EP buddies trolling on up in their infamous zergs, and let's not forget their sneaky little gankers. HAHAHA! I mean really, so true to life the crap that goes on in this game.

I for one would now love to make all my toon some other alliance because just about everyone now in DC is a greedy, selfish, salty (**INSERTS** inmature name) I'm really sick of it. I am, we have internal faction wars where one faction talks about another behind their backs, another faction that says "Oh we're a friendly faction and casual" and yet when you die and can only whisper them or chat in guild chat to get someone to post in ZONE "Plz post in zone for someone to get to **This RSS** and ask someone to rez me" they actually don't. Like it'll kill them to actually be friendly and take the 5 seconds to make a small post in zone to help another, but they don't and """THEY""" get all **Irate** about it if you question them on it.

I mean seriously, I think with what's happening with all the faction hopping is truly turning everyone in DC alliance into something you just don't want to associate with. They're now making new guilds for groups because the current ones, are exactly as I said, getting from bad to worse. There is no loyalty, there is no friendship, there is no common courtesy for a teammate of the same alliance. Nothing, if they see you dead, they will just walk right past you without even giving a courtesy of a rez. These past 6 months I have seen it go bad to worse. And I truly contribute it to faction hopping.

Turing the game into crap, peoples attitudes are turning worse for crap, and the server issue, ok here's a perfect example of "It's not on my end" , last night, I was at Ales, AD went from 1 bar, EP from 2, and DC from 2, to all 3 factions being pop locked, as soon as that happened, I started lagging bad. I turn the field of view to look around, and it was slow and choppy. And there was no zerg in my area. It was just an overload of the server and oh to my surprise it affected me. So bad I got load screen and booted from the server. Well, that's another issue but yeah, all this faction hopping is turning the ugly people into thoughtless uncaring mindless drones. And I'm sick of it.

• Darethran
    Darethran
    ✭✭✭
    A pretty significant problem is that we can't change faction allegiance on our characters. I'd much rather be a Dunmer fighting for the underpopulated DC guys than EP, but there's no way I'm going to make another character from the ground up for that.

Being able to change your allegiance once every campaign would be fabulous. Too many players in EP? Have some split up and join the AD and DC for a campaign.
    In Scotland | @Darethran

[EU] Ervona Saranith (EP) - Lvl 50 CP >560 - Dunmer Healer
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    This and not deleting kyne is a huge problem
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they copy the guild wars 2 wvw format..... Id believe that would make pvp great. The campaign set may of made sense at launch, but now is the death of pvp