Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Removal of WP/SP Damage from Maelstrom Weapons - Please Reconsider

• xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    With a damage enchant
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its simple guys. They are making it to where we get 80 to 100% uptime with the infused trait. Making maelstrom weapons enchantable while retaining the special properties. Along with the ability to make a trash staff or weapon any trait we want with the transmutation system. If you farmed a maelstrom staff that has the wall of elements enchant and dont use it for pvp..you should've farmed the master staff for the destructive reach enchant. Even if you dont get the staff that you want..you can make it whatever you want it to be. We all want the most damage and the bis gear. I am not against anyone on the post including the OP. You can decon your malstrom weapons if you want. I will keep mine and make it even more bad***. 80% uptime on an infused staff with over 400 spell damage i will take anyday over a constant 180 something piece of crap enchant. Good Day

you just don't get it man. even if you do use those skills and you are primarily a PvE player, if these changes go live you are better off ditching your maelstrom weapon for a second 5 pc set, this is not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact. running a maelstrom weapon will hinder your overall effectiveness regardless of content they will be obsolete.

Edited by Lucky28 on September 27, 2017 10:59PM
    Invictus
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Lucky28 wrote: »
    I understand that aspect...everyone does..they took away the stock weapon damage enchant..yes that sucks..we can just put it back in like any other weapon. If they wanted flat stat bonus they shouldve just crafted an infused dagger with a weapon damage enchant..The point a maelstrom weapon is to boost your class spammable skill damage not weapon damage..that was just a perk. Either way your not losing anything.

yeah you are. you're losing Maelstrom weapons as an actual viable choice for any form of competitive play, be it PvE or PvP. the change may seem small but it puts these weapons at the bottom of the barrel.

What are you talking about? Did you not read anything i just posted? Or the patch notes? You lose 180 something spell damage...PUT A WEAPON DAMAGE ENCHANT BACK ON IT!!!!!! You arent losing anything!!! You actually gain..if all you wanted was weapon damage why would you waste your time farming maelstrom? Maelstrom weapons are special because they boost SKILL damage. Besides like I said 3 times before you can enchant the weapon with a WEAPON DAMAGE GLYPH to retain the stats your looking for as well as keeping the original special enchant. All they did was give more variety as far as enchant customization.

Do you know how much is weapon damage enchant? 348 damage for 5 seconds after light attack. With 5sec of nothing after it (you can pretend it is 174 damage overall).
    VMA enchant is 189 all the time. Without activation. Even with poisons.

Sure, go argue how the change is good/bad overall but stop pushing to people with your ideas without having clue why they were used. People unable to think about this are starting to annoy me more than the change.

• xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Its simple guys. They are making it to where we get 80 to 100% uptime with the infused trait. Making maelstrom weapons enchantable while retaining the special properties. Along with the ability to make a trash staff or weapon any trait we want with the transmutation system. If you farmed a maelstrom staff that has the wall of elements enchant and dont use it for pvp..you should've farmed the master staff for the destructive reach enchant. Even if you dont get the staff that you want..you can make it whatever you want it to be. We all want the most damage and the bis gear. I am not against anyone on the post including the OP. You can decon your malstrom weapons if you want. I will keep mine and make it even more bad***. 80% uptime on an infused staff with over 400 spell damage i will take anyday over a constant 180 something piece of crap enchant. Good Day

you just don't get it man. even if you do use those skills and you are primarily a PvE player, if these changes go live you are better off ditching your maelstrom weapon for a second 5 pc set, this is not a matter of opinion it's a matter of fact. running a maelstrom weapon will hinder your overall effectiveness regardless of content they will be obsolete.

Nirnhoned....transmutation system...plus weapon/ spell power glyph...plus maelstrom enchant...do you get it now?
  • xiZeroPointix
    xiZeroPointix
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies not necessary
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies not necessary

do you get that they are talking about PvP and not PvE?

sharpened is still top dog on account of how many people run around in full heavy armour

do you also get that making a new post for every sentance is bad forum ettiquette?

do you also understand that by failing to understand the very basic issue that is being discussed on this thread you are making your self look more that a little silly?

appology necessary!
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bebynnag wrote: »
    Apologies not necessary

sharpened is still top dog on account of how many people run around in full heavy armour

do you also get that making a new post for every sentance is bad forum ettiquette?

do you also understand that by failing to understand the very basic issue that is being discussed on this thread you are making your self look more that a little silly?

appology necessary!

Actually based on my testing with two Julianos Lightning Staves, a nirnhorned and a sharpened, against a 5h-2m S&B NB buffed with Major Ward and Major Protection...the nirnhorned staff did marginally more damage on the light attacks.

Anyhow I thought the vMSA dropped nirnhorned weapons these days, does it not?
    EU | PC | AD
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't even use Maelstrom weapons - only have one character that might benefit from one, but can't be arsed to farm the correct one. Was thinking about doing it when I learned that trait change was going to be a thing, since that only meant I needed the correct type, but then realized that with this nerf they were no longer going to be worth my time. So I was saved from doing that grind, and thus am happy with the change.

But even so I recognize what a massive nerf this is. Nerf to Maelstrom weapons that is. In actual terms of effectiveness, it's only a small nerf. People just will use something else than Maelstrom weapons.

Look, many people use two hander Maelstrom weapons due to the flat stat bonus they give. That way you can use two 5 piece sets and Maelstrom weapons on front and back bars and maximize your stat bonuses. The fact that they boost some skills is really only a side effect for many people who use them. The other options is to use weapons from a 5 piece set and then wear one piece from a monster set. Like Molag Kena.

But finding two weapons from a particular set with ideal traits can be unbelievably difficult and require hundreds of hours of grind. With Maelstrom weapons you at least know that the content you are grinding will drop a weapon. You still needed the right type and the right trait but didn't have to worry about it being from the right set. And as an added bonus, the Maelstrom weapon gave you 60 points more than you got from a monster set piece. If the skill the weapon boosted didn't work with your build, you just swapped it with a suitable poison and were good to go.

With this change however, all of that is history. Now you will be using weapons from a five piece set and wearing that 1 piece from a monster set for almost the same result. So the nerf is not that big - you just lose 60 points. But the upshoot is that, farming those weapons from the 5 piece set you want to use is going to be lot less frustrating thanks to re-traiting.

And you can still keep using poisons on those newly farmed (and prolly re-traited) weapon, or use some other enchant on said weapons.

That's what's gonna happen - and thus the point here is that Maelstrom weapons became pretty much worthless. Unless you run some odd build that actually benefits form the skill boost - but that is only couple of them. And for such builds, the Asylum weapons seem to be much more rewarding choice.

The people who are really screwed over by this change, however, are the ones who ran a 5 piece set, a three piece set (Agility/Willpower) and a full monster set with two handed weapons. They are pretty much outta options. With this change, only monster sets give a set bonus for one piece. And if you are already using a two piece monster set... Well you are gonna have to settle for using only 4 pieces of a 5 piece set, or accepting that you will have an item that does not count towards any set bonus equipped.

And finally... Placing a weapon enchant on a Maelstrom weapon just isn't the same thing, not even remotely. Like others have pointed out, it has to proc to be of any use. Where as Maelstrom bonus used to be constant effect. The weapon enchant has a cool down, so even if you manage to keep it procced when ever the cool down ends, you will still lose power on the average.

And using infused on the weapon to increase the up time means you need to give up Precise or Sharpened on the weapon. So it does not in anyway translate into a buff. And the same goes for Nirnohed. I'd much rather have a great-sword that is Sharpened and adds 189 weapon damage, than have a great-sword that is just Nirnohed. And I'd much rather have a Sharpened great-sword that adds 189 weapon damage with a nasty poison, than have a an infused great-sword that boost a skill I don't use with a weapon damage glyph that requires to proc to be worth anything.

At the end of the day, with this nerf, Maelstrom weapons become a niche build piece of gear. But hey, look on the brighter side people... There is absolutely no point or need to grind Maelstrom arena ever again.
    Edited by Hymzir on September 27, 2017 11:44PM
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    I understand that aspect...everyone does..they took away the stock weapon damage enchant..yes that sucks..we can just put it back in like any other weapon. If they wanted flat stat bonus they shouldve just crafted an infused dagger with a weapon damage enchant..The point a maelstrom weapon is to boost your class spammable skill damage not weapon damage..that was just a perk. Either way your not losing anything.

yeah you are. you're losing Maelstrom weapons as an actual viable choice for any form of competitive play, be it PvE or PvP. the change may seem small but it puts these weapons at the bottom of the barrel.

What are you talking about? Did you not read anything i just posted? Or the patch notes? You lose 180 something spell damage...PUT A WEAPON DAMAGE ENCHANT BACK ON IT!!!!!! You arent losing anything!!! You actually gain..if all you wanted was weapon damage why would you waste your time farming maelstrom? Maelstrom weapons are special because they boost SKILL damage. Besides like I said 3 times before you can enchant the weapon with a WEAPON DAMAGE GLYPH to retain the stats your looking for as well as keeping the original special enchant. All they did was give more variety as far as enchant customization.

Do you know how much is weapon damage enchant? 348 damage for 5 seconds after light attack. With 5sec of nothing after it (you can pretend it is 174 damage overall).
    VMA enchant is 189 all the time. Without activation. Even with poisons.

Sure, go argue how the change is good/bad overall but stop pushing to people with your ideas without having clue why they were used. People unable to think about this are starting to annoy me more than the change.

These are not ideas. They come from the actual pts notes and the people currently testing the changes on youtube.

People are testing PVE. Not PVP. PVP people want the damage more than enchants not PVE. Do you get it now. Dont even bring infused to this. I can do precise, sharpened or nirn while still having the 189 damage, while having all those advantages constantly even out of fight or possibility to light attack AND while having poison of choice.

VMA weapon boosting some skill I dont use gives me nothing that crafted weapon could not before this patch

As I said, feel free to argue this is change for the best (enrage some pvpers and make all the pvers happier), but dont come here without having any clue why they were good and telling people, that actually give thoughts to their builds not copy them from youtube, how are they wrong.
    Edited by SodanTok on September 27, 2017 11:49PM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FFS.

There goes so many hours of my life for no reason....
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Apologies not necessary

appology necessary!

Actually based on my testing with two Julianos Lightning Staves, a nirnhorned and a sharpened, against a 5h-2m S&B NB buffed with Major Ward and Major Protection...the nirnhorned staff did marginally more damage on the light attacks.

vMA has always dropped nirn

you tested light attacks against your friend using 5 heavy & 2 medium, and nirn out performend sharpened... ok thnx, good to know.

i was actually trying to explain why the 2 billion posts about the infused trait were irrelevent in this discussion, but sure thnx 4 letting me know that nirn outperforms sharpened on a shield breaker set-up!
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Personally I would like to see all maelstrom weapons get a "maelstrom enchant" by default which grants weapon or spell damage
    All master weapons have by default max stat
    then they are the "same" as now with the option to re-enchant
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can now have a nirnhoned maelstrom weapon guys........

you always could... or infused which increased the weapon damage.
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭

more then this... They removed this spelldamage/weapondamage, but the other effect will be a 1piece setbonus AND you are able to slot a spell-/weapondamageenchant! On an infused weapon, this will maybe give more spell-/weapondamage then before. Together with that the main effect is stronger on all of these weapons. They will be stronger then before!
    Nirnhoned is also optional! ;)
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • IAVITNI
    IAVITNI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeHei wrote: »

more then this... They removed this spelldamage/weapondamage, but the other effect will be a 1piece setbonus AND you are able to slot a spell-/weapondamageenchant! On an infused weapon, this will maybe give more spell-/weapondamage then before. Together with that the main effect is stronger on all of these weapons. They will be stronger then before!

They drop in Nirnhoned straight from vMSA btw. Transmute changes nothing.

Personally, I think this change hurts build diversity, especially in PvP. I liked having to decide between running a vmsa weapon for more damage or a monster pc for a wider range of stats if I could not fit a full monster set into my build.

Also, majority of people who did run vmsa weapons in pvp would use poisons on front bar and berserker enchant on back bar, so dps wise, this is a nerf.

Somebody suggested having the base enchant be the stat bonus and have it work the same way it does now (so basically only the skill modifier becomes a set bonus). That way you can choose to play the old way or opt for a enchantment.

@xiZeroPointix Nobody in PvP really uses vmsa weapons for the skill modifiers btw. Maybe some niche builds, but like i mentioned earlier, most will run a poison. The fact that the vmsa weapons were "versatile" in this sense was part of what made them so cool imo. vmsa weapons stood out because of this property. I was farming vmsa (twice a day) before the patch notes. Now I don't see the point. I may as well run a non-set weapon because, as a PvP main, most of the vmsa modifiers aren't useful in PvP. Only the 2h has any use and I still usually opt for a poison instead. The first time I beat vmsa I got a sharp 2h battle axe which was perfect for my stamsorc. I am very attached to that weapon. After this update, its only value towards any of my setups will be purely nostalgic.

Unless they buff the Maelstrom modifiers, their use will be close to non-existent
  • PathwayM
    PathwayM
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure this is actually a buff... Lol
  • DeHei
    DeHei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IAVITNI wrote: »
    DeHei wrote: »

They drop in Nirnhoned straight from vMSA btw. Transmute changes nothing.

Personally, I think this change hurts build diversity, especially in PvP. I liked having to decide between running a vmsa weapon for more damage or a monster pc for a wider range of stats if I could not fit a full monster set into my build.

Also, majority of people who did run vmsa weapons in pvp would use poisons on front bar and berserker enchant on back bar, so dps wise, this is a nerf.

Somebody suggested having the base enchant be the stat bonus and have it work the same way it does now (so basically only the skill modifier becomes a set bonus). That way you can choose to play the old way or opt for a enchantment.

@xiZeroPointix Nobody in PvP really uses vmsa weapons for the skill modifiers btw. Maybe some niche builds, but like i mentioned earlier, most will run a poison. The fact that the vmsa weapons were "versatile" in this sense was part of what made them so cool imo. vmsa weapons stood out because of this property. I was farming vmsa (twice a day) before the patch notes. Now I don't see the point. I may as well run a non-set weapon because, as a PvP main, most of the vmsa modifiers aren't useful in PvP. Only the 2h has any use and I still usually opt for a poison instead. The first time I beat vmsa I got a sharp 2h battle axe which was perfect for my stamsorc. I am very attached to that weapon. After this update, its only value towards any of my setups will be purely nostalgic.

Unless they buff the Maelstrom modifiers, their use will be close to non-existent

Then you should change something... This is a useful change!
    Btw. nobody need poisons... there are just really fast or near endless fights, poisons dont make a difference!
    Only for a zerging mentality like Xvs1 to bring down really strong opponents, this could be a nerf. But who cares about zerging people? :p
    Edited by DeHei on September 28, 2017 4:52AM
    DeHei - EP Magicka Templar Allrounder
    De Hei(Youtube)
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bislobo wrote: »
    Dude they want us to buy their DLC. That is why Asylum weapons will be bis even for pvpers... Nerfing VMA weapons was part of the plan.

+1
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't bother OP.

As far as PvP goes, 90% of the forum either do not understand how to min max a build, or couldn't do maelsteom and are salty about it, so are glad they're being nerfed for the most part. It's one of the two if you don't see it as a nerf.

Some will be buffed in Pve. But it's a big nerf overall. Especially in PvP. I'm whatever about it. It's annoying, but this happens in MMOs. I am annoyed by how people don't see it as a nerf though. No wonder so many stupid decisions are pushed through in the game if they listen to some of these people.
    Edited by Brrrofski on September 28, 2017 7:30AM
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some of the people posting in this thread should apply for a job as ZOS dev post-haste. The attempt to sell a nerf as a buff is a skill they really appreciate over there.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I see the PVP'ers are still salty about running PVE content for a PVE intended weapon and a change that was intended to affect PVE....

Still...

Everyone is in the same boat....

No one is benefitting more than you, balance remains unaffected.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    Some of the people posting in this thread should apply for a job as ZOS dev post-haste. The attempt to sell a nerf as a buff is a skill they really appreciate over there.

"This will be a buff if you could never complete VMA"
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

I'm not salty. I actually enjoy running vMA. I just think it's a change that shafts PvP for no reason whatsoever. It's just a complete lack of consideration.

Imagine you're a PvE completionist that decided to grind for the Emperor title. After 14 days of no sleep 24/7 Cyrodiil you finally get it. Then ZOS says "hey guys, we just decided to remove the emperor title from the game and replace it with "I've been to Cyrodiil quite often". How would you feel?
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

I'm not salty. I actually enjoy running vMA. I just think it's a change that shafts PvP for no reason whatsoever. It's just a complete lack of consideration.

Imagine you're a PvE completionist that decided to grind for the Emperor title. After 14 days of no sleep 24/7 Cyrodiil you finally get it. Then ZOS says "hey guys, we just decided to remove the emperor title from the game and replace it with "I've been to Cyrodiil quite often". How would you feel?

It's not a shaft at all, 2 people 1v1ing each other with the same set up...there is no advantage had by either party, you are just marginally...very marginally weaker, few hundred damage off your frags...that's it.

Removing a title and an enchant are 2 different sports altogether, Emp has been around since day 1, this enchant if not with this change at some point down the line would have become obsolete anyway. Remember the Martial Knowledge Meta? The Viper Gank Meta? Proxy / Teather / VD Bomb Meta? Tumorscale / Viper / Blackrose Meta? All of these things are long gone...and As Ian Malcolm once said...Life will find a way.

And it did, the PVP crowd found another (Supposed) Meta with these staves, Life goes on and something else crops up.

these new staves are pretty OP, every staff user is going to run crushing shock, who doesn't want an interrupt that gives a massive damage boost at the same time? Give it 2 weeks from launch and all of this will be long forgotten.

Change is good, keeps things fresh.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • grannas211
    grannas211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

No need for that. That's already what it translates to.

I jest.
  • Trashs1
    Trashs1
    ✭✭✭
    as i posted on the pvp forums

keeep it plz ... fdont make my life time in vma so much wasted
    Dolche des Königs (DDK); EuPC, DC, Sotha Sil,
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Apologies not necessary

appology necessary!

you tested light attacks against your friend using 5 heavy & 2 medium, and nirn out performend sharpened... ok thnx, good to know.

i was actually trying to explain why the 2 billion posts about the infused trait were irrelevent in this discussion, but sure thnx 4 letting me know that nirn outperforms sharpened on a shield breaker set-up!

vMA did not always drop nirn, you are flat out wrong. When it first came out the best trait was Sharpened and there were many threads on this forum questioning why the vMA is not drop the BiS trait. With counter threads saying that the best trait should be crafted (the only way to get nirnhorned stuff back then)

Secondly....wtf are you talking about? Nirn doing better with light attacks means nirn doing better with every damage skill.. What does shieldbreaker build have to do with anything. Test with Crushing Shock and you get the same exact result.
    Edited by Maulkin on September 28, 2017 11:57AM
    EU | PC | AD
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apologies not necessary

appology necessary!

vMA did not always drop nirn, you are flat out wrong. When it first came out the best trait was Sharpened and there were many threads on this forum questioning why the vMA is not drop the BiS trait. With counter threads saying that the best trait should be crafted (the only way to get nirnhorned stuff back then)

Secondly....wtf are you talking about? Nirn doing better with light attacks means nirn doing better with every damage skill.. What does shieldbreaker build have to do with anything. Test with Crushing Shock and you get the same exact result.

Kinda off topic but have to point out. Nirn is affecting light attacks much more than regular skills, because they scale much better with weapon damage.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger

It's not a shaft at all, 2 people 1v1ing each other with the same set up...there is no advantage had by either party, you are just marginally...very marginally weaker, few hundred damage off your frags...that's it.

Removing a title and an enchant are 2 different sports altogether, Emp has been around since day 1, this enchant if not with this change at some point down the line would have become obsolete anyway. Remember the Martial Knowledge Meta? The Viper Gank Meta? Proxy / Teather / VD Bomb Meta? Tumorscale / Viper / Blackrose Meta? All of these things are long gone...and As Ian Malcolm once said...Life will find a way.

And it did, the PVP crowd found another (Supposed) Meta with these staves, Life goes on and something else crops up.

these new staves are pretty OP, every staff user is going to run crushing shock, who doesn't want an interrupt that gives a massive damage boost at the same time? Give it 2 weeks from launch and all of this will be long forgotten.

Change is good, keeps things fresh.

Half of PvP using crushing shock will not be good and the opposite of fresh.

Like I said, I don't care about the vma nerf really. Just annoys me that people refuse to aknowledges that is it a nerf in PvP. Either because of their blind hatred of PvP, salt because they couldn't do vma or because they don't know how to squeeze everything out of a build.